Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sparta was on a roll today.

That bank machine question was one of the funniest moments, especially since the guy was being serious, next to Jimmy grabbing the mic from Earl and going on a tear when someone was speaking negatively about JDG
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had a whole bunch of points regarding price, with stats and all, but the group (season tix holders) wanted nothing to do with it --- they wanted to talk about minor things --- they didnt care that the price went up for a horrible season --- some liked the fact that we have the mls cup --- I corrected them with tsaying that we the "fans" are happy with the mls cup, just not having it forced on us --- TOM said it is not forced -- so i said "can i give you mine back" -- he smiled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was at the first session, got my comment in right at the end.

Seems like the FO is going to make a response to these meetings to come out soon (tonight/tomorrow?)...this would also announce another (short) extension in the deadline of the season seats renewal.

2nd thing discussed tonight was from a guy in 220 who writes a blog "mistake by the lake"...he wanted to know makes this a "club" (he was fairly upset with the way things were). TA started off with a bit of a slow response, but finally got to one of his good points its the fans that make this a club, he then went on talking about "I give a shit about this club" "I care about winning", "There is nothing more I want than to win", he was "disgusted" with this year and finished it off with "this year will not happen again"

One guy a lil later on said he believed he was getting good value in his tickets

Another guy asked about BMO Field and it being shared with another club...bmo field is publicly owned, obligation to community use, TFC is not interested in another tenent...if CFL came, the field would have to be extended 15 yards each way and the Argos would have to pay for all the changes and then changing it back to status quo (too costly for them esp when they get free rent).

another topic was personal seat liscenses...someone seemed to be suggesting it, TFC has none, wasn't interested in them, but I got the feeling that the guy just fed them with an idea (that i don't like)

Had a great little chat with Tom afterwards who in hind sight agreed with my take that they should have probably made the MLS Cup an option, but they should have also started selling it at the beginning of the year (when the team was doing well).

Talked with Earl as well afterwards. He seems like an extremely bright person. I can't even think of a bad word to describe him, i was extremely impressed. As you may or may not know, they are heading to Turkey this January to start pre-season. The idea and plan here is to allow European trialists to show up and trial for the team reducing the cost of flying them to Florida for trial. Also allows them to play top European sides from Russia, Balkans, Scandanavia, and Turkey in pre-season friendlies. Then they will come back to Toronto for about 10 days, let players figure out leases and stuff and then head down to Florida where the Latin American & South American players will come on trial. The whole goal of the process is to have the team more or less set by the time Charlston comes, so come the beginning of the year, the team has chemistry and is ready to play from game 1 instead of end of April (like it was this year)

Overall, I am really glad that I got a chance to go the town hall meeting. It was extrememly beneficial to me to get a grasp at how the front office looks. The way Tom Anselmi said "I want to win" was the defining point of my night. The tone, the time it was said, the way it was said...it was like a marraige proposal.

Look guys, basically the boiling pot has overflowed, we are upset, we are angry. I have had time to settle down, reflect, and I look at what the Front Office is saying...is it an act? maybe? But what are they asking for...ONE MORE CHANCE, have a little faith in them

I know it might seem like a lot, but I thought about it..I love this team too much not to give it to them.

We fast forward one year from now, if they have fucked it up even more, well they can say goodbye to a ton more.

I look at this as there season ticket holder yellow card/red card policy. They are on a yellow card in my books...will they hit red?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My two cents on the MLS Cup situation, is that I originally thought it would be awesome if everyone got together outside the stadium, left it empty and chanted anti-mlse outside very loudly so that you could hear it on the tv even from outside. But the ability of everyone getting organized for that is pretty much impossible.

I think the best option (considering what could actually happen, and be organized) is essentially what you guys did for the last two games. Essentially, wear bright green, have the banners and chant as loud as possible. What sucks is that NEE will never get any tv time because of their location, Usec will get almost none, but you guys will actually get a substantial amount of unavoidable tv time. If the seats are empty, they can spin it anyway they want. But if you guys are there and are wearing green, have the banners, then they can't spin that shit!

I think the key brainstorming idea is how can we get the word out as much as possible to wear green. I am in 120 and I will wear green again, but I don't remember one other person in green at the last 2 in my section.

So anyway, my point is now we should put our brains together to get the word out on green. And I mean more than the sigs in this forum. oh and we need to hope that Seattle doesn't make it to the Final.....
    Last edited by Thrillos; 10-21-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=prizby;1155623 i was at the first session, got my comment in right at the end.

[B]One guy a lil later on said he believed he was getting good value in his tickets[/B]]

I wish i was there for that -- i would have with him there on the spot

[Talked with Earl as well afterwards. He seems like an extremely bright person. I can't even think of a bad word to describe him, i was extremely impressed. ]

Very nice guy
    Last edited by Sparta; 10-21-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillos View Post
    My two cents on the MLS Cup situation, is that I originally thought it would be awesome if everyone got together outside the stadium, left it empty and chanted anti-mlse outside very loudly so that you could hear it on the tv even from outside. But the ability of everyone getting organized for that is pretty much impossible.

I think the best option (considering what could actually happen, and be organized) is essentially what you guys did for the last two games. Essentially, wear bright green, have the banners and chant as loud as possible. What sucks is that NEE will never get any tv time because of their location, Usec will get almost none, but you guys will actually get a substantial amount of unavoidable tv time. If the seats are empty, they can spin it anyway they want. But if you guys are there and are wearing green, have the banners, then they can't spin that shit!

I think the key brainstorming idea is how can we get the word out as much as possible to wear green. I am in 120 and I will wear green again, but I don't remember one other person in green at the last 2 in my section.

So anyway, my point is now we should put our brains together to get the word out on green. And I mean more than the sigs in this forum. oh and we need to hope that Seattle doesn't make it to the Final.....

we tried green -- dont think it will come out for that game --- maybe others later on

in regards to your first point about getting outside the stadium and chanting during the game? it can be done -- people just have to fully realize why they should do it, and its a no brainer

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Green won't work on Nov. 21. Pretty much no colour will. Everybody will be bundled up in their winter jackets, scarves, gloves, toques etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ not to mention green snow

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    ^ not to mention green snow
    LOL.

I can't believe they are going to play this game at 8pm. They should have scheduled it at noon. At least you give yourself a chance at some decent weather. At night time in Toronto in late November, by the lake is just asking for shitty weather.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    ^ We have been on the "right track" for a long, long time.

Seriously, lost hope last seaons, with the New York game, regained some hope with the mid seasons Preki, but now I can not believe in this organization, untill I see someone with experience hired.
    Now hold the train, trane.
    There are consultants working for TFC now, looking for the right people.
    I have used consultants recently and they have given me excellent advice.
    Go with the CSL
    KD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point EVERYTHING said at these town hall thingies are mere lip service.

Nothing more.

Until I see actual changes and not just people talking about change I will be considering the entire TFC FO staff and coaching staff a bunch of bumbling idiots...or worse very intelligent con artists.

Don't be satisfied with words ladies and gents. Fuck em all until we see actions.

They've heard all the complaints. Getting your hopes up bases on their responses is just setting yourself up for even bigger disappointment.

Anselmi, Cochrane, Brennan, Daso and everyone else involved with the senior team have ZERO respect from me until:

a) they make appropriate changes
    or

b) (and this is my preference) they're all gone and competent, experienced people are put in their place.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Agreed, there is a stench of four years of Mo Johnston that needs to be scrubbed.

Of the 25 players or so we are carrying, I see about 10 surviving this offseason. And even amongst the remaining guys, a lot of people will be knocked down to substitute roles.
    I'd like to see maybe six or seven survive. Mo overpaid for so many players that they will be expensive subs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Fuken regular season ticket holders --- they are all fukked in the head -- they dont care for price -- AT ALLL
    To be fair, the price increases per game in red and dark grey aren't that high ... 1.5% to 2%. Inflation of the CPI for the last 12 months is 1.9%. They haven't been as hefty in previous years, either.

If your game-day experience is a 30-minute wait for a banking machine every week, then I can see that one might complain ... though I can never understand what would possess people to show up week-after-week without cash. I know that bank machines aren't going to make anyone any money at BMO Field, because they are only used heavily for a couple of hours once every week or so ... but if TFC was thinking, they could have probably have gotten BMO to throw in 2-3 more for free as part of the sponsorship deal. If it makes some fans happier, and doesn't cost the team, why not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the early session last night, before the meeting Tom Anselmi came up to us and we had a about a 15-20 minute conversation and it was quite interesting...

He talked a lot about how MLSE had very littel to do with the success of the squad and it was all on us the supporters, we talked about how disgusted we all were watching the shit Preki put on the field. He promised that they are looking for the right people to run the FO and make sure that the club is run proper both short and long term.... I know he was feeding us lip service, but it seem very honest.

He took a shot a Mista. My brother askd why he hasn't been around and I said he has a foot contunsion and TA retorted "more like a brain contusion" I thought was quite funny.

One last thing he said when the meeting started is that there are certain teams he didn't mention who but I think they are: LA, Seattle, New York, Chicago & he included TFC to an extent who are upset that the rest of league has not signed DP's. It will be interesting what the future of the MLS is going to be
    Last edited by Section 117; 10-22-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    To be fair, the price increases per game in red and dark grey aren't that high ... 1.5% to 2%. Inflation of the CPI for the last 12 months is 1.9%. They haven't been as hefty in previous years, either.
    Taxes on event tickets are down, however - 13% HST vs. the original 15% entertainment tax. Factoring this into the equation, the FO could have easily frozen prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your game-day experience is a 30-minute wait for a banking machine every week, then I can see that one might complain ... though I can never understand what would possess people to show up week-after-week without cash. I know that bank machines aren't going to make anyone any money at BMO Field, because they are only used heavily for a couple of hours once every week or so ... but if TFC was thinking, they could have probably have gotten BMO to throw in 2-3 more for free as part of the sponsorship deal. If it makes some fans happier, and doesn't cost the team, why not?
    +1. One would think the first half-hour wait to grab some cash would cure them. Apparently not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    Taxes on event tickets are down, however - 13% HST vs. the original 15% entertainment tax. Factoring this into the equation, the FO could have easily frozen prices.
    Agreed. I'm just saying that the average ticket-holder looking at a price increase below or at inflation, isn't going to have a big issue about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final food and beverage tally over 2 meetings -
    30 wings
    6 slices of pizza
    1 plate nacho chips
    1 plate vegetables
    3 beers

thanks.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    30 wings
    6 slices of pizza
    1 plate nacho chips
    1 plate vegetables
    3 beers

thanks.
    Sadly no new additions to the signature though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    One last thing he said when the meeting started is that there are certain teams he didn't mention who but I think they are: LA, Seattle, New York, Chicago & he included TFC to an extent who are upset that the rest of league has not signed DP's. It will be interesting what the future of the MLS is going to be
    Unfortunately, TFC's record at signing DPs is probably one thing keeping other teams from doing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    30 wings
    6 slices of pizza
    1 plate nacho chips
    1 plate vegetables
    3 beers

thanks.
    like i keep saying, i wish i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    Sadly no new additions to the signature though
    unfortunate, I should put in a request for next seasons town hall meetings, maybe some Kangaroo fillet or caviar.

Though the way they were giving away the wings, you never know, they might be hotdog types with all sorts of mystery meat in it...
    Animals Eaten:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=prizby;1155623]i was at the first session, got my comment in right at the end.

Seems like the FO is going to make a response to these meetings to come out soon (tonight/tomorrow?)...this would also announce another (short) extension in the deadline of the season seats renewal.

2nd thing discussed tonight was from a guy in 220 who writes a blog "mistake by the lake"...he wanted to know makes this a "club" (he was fairly upset with the way things were). TA started off with a bit of a slow response, but finally got to one of his good points its the fans that make this a club, he then went on talking about "I give a shit about this club" "I care about winning", "There is nothing more I want than to win", he was "disgusted" with this year and finished it off with "this year
    will not happen again"

Umm, hello. That guy from 220 was myself - call me Still Kicking.
    Are you are the fellow who spoke with passion about how Toronto has dumped quality players? It was so good to hear another voice that was interested in talking about the team. After all the price increase is the insult, the bad team is the injury.
    Overall I am with your take on the meeting. I was a little shocked at how complacent, ignorant of basic MLS situations such as salary cap and generally happy the crowd was. It was a quibble here and a quibble there. I have always admired RPB, U-Sector and the NEE. I always felt that my blog should be the banging of my own drum. I am not much of a joiner, a bit shy. I rarely comment in the RPB forum (save my thoughts for Mistake by the Lake) But after last night I felt a lot closer to the supporter groups overall and pretty distant from most of the others.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your game-day experience is a 30-minute wait for a banking machine every week, then I can see that one might complain ... though I can never understand what would possess people to show up week-after-week without cash.
    There are only three rules as a Toronto FC fan...

1. Get lots of cash before you get to BMO
    2. Take a piss before you get to BMO
    3. Season ticket packages will always be disgusting money grabs

Once the guy at the town hall figures out rule number one, he will move on to complain about rules 2 + 3. He is just a slow learner - give him time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maximo_rpd View Post
    There are only three rules as a Toronto FC fan...

1. Get lots of cash before you get to BMO
    2. Take a piss before you get to BMO
    3. Season ticket packages will always be disgusting money grabs

Once the guy at the town hall figures out rule number one, he will move on to complain about rules 2 + 3. He is just a slow learner - give him time...

This is a realtive thing IMO. If we are winning then there wouldn't be as much of as problem. The problem is the product on the field doesn't warrant this. In the supporters section it is $20 a game plus the game day experience. In the prawns with a ticket cost of $70-$100 a game that is BS.

If you don't like the prices don't renew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey if your happy for ANY increase with another losing record of 8-12-6, then go right ahead and pay it --- if we didnt complain -- we would have nevere got that price freeze for 2012.

NEVER ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY
    Last edited by Sparta; 10-22-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEVER ACCEPT NEDIOCRITY

sorry, I understand this is a typo, and think you're great Sparta...but man did this make me laugh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    sorry, I understand this is a typo, and think you're great Sparta...but man did this make me laugh

lol -- typing too fast

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey if your happy for ANY increase with another losing record of 8-12-6, then go right ahead and pay it ...
    I wish I could .... despite the talk about there really not being a waiting list ... the cheapest season I've been offered was over $1,300 for 2010 (went for partials instead), and I've been on the waiting list since 2007, and Gold List since 2009.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi is supposed to be on soccercentral on sportsnet (one?) At 230 I believe. Lets see if he has anything of importance to say.