Thread: The "Apology"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The "Apology"

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/10...oronto-fc-fans

they are even bad at apologizing....
    Last edited by dal524; 10-13-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" We appoligize and as a sign of good will, we will do ............NOTHING."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't matter what you do with ticket prices. You can charge us whatever you'd like, and I'm sure we'd happily pay it, if..

THE TEAM PLAYS WELL ENOUGH TO EARN IT.

You want to apologize to us? Build us a winning team. That's it. I have no problem paying you 390 or 450. That doesn't matter. The only thing that does is that we have a winning team in this city. MLSE, you would be surprised how much a Toronto sports fan will pay to watch a winning team. You want to raise ticket prices? Do it. Just realize that if the team sucks, you'll have to deal with no one buying the tickets.

What I'm trying to say, simply, is that the 50 dollar difference would be an afterthought to every single fan if Toronto FC was a playoff contending and/or winning team. It's as simple as that. We don't care how much it goes up, we only care that it does go up, when the quality doesn't.

Build us a winning team and you'll see how the fans renew and buy your beloved tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Your passion and dedication has been unwavering."

Uhh...not exactly. Have you REALLY been listening?

Regardless, does anybody know if those extra two games will STILL be mandatory if we qualify? There's no mention of them becoming truly optional, only that they are removed from the package at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey man I got this letter last year!!!
    and the year before that and the year before that as well....

hmm is this right or is this a Dejavu?

rr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I though the issue was the cost of the games as much as the number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like how they make no mention of how pissed people are about being forced to buy MLS Cup tickets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    I though the issue was the cost of the games as much as the number.
    it was and still is! they just chose to ignore that...along with a few other things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    It doesn't matter what you do with ticket prices. You can charge us whatever you'd like, and I'm sure we'd happily pay it, if..

You want to apologize to us? Build us a winning team. That's it. I have no problem paying you 390 or 450. That doesn't matter. The only thing that does is that we have a winning team in this city. MLSE, you would be surprised how much a Toronto sports fan will pay to watch a winning team. You want to raise ticket prices? Do it. Just realize that if the team sucks, you'll have to deal with no one buying the tickets.

What I'm trying to say, simply, is that the 50 dollar difference would be an afterthought to every single fan if Toronto FC was a playoff contending and/or winning team. It's as simple as that. We don't care how much it goes up, we only care that it does go up, when the quality doesn't.

Build us a winning team and you'll see how the fans renew and buy your beloved tickets.
    Some of us were being asked to pay >$1200 per ticket to watch TFC, it is nuts and not even a winning team would get me to pay that for one ticket. Not many people in the stadium are paying $390 - $450 although that is what it should be Jimmy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Glen Grunwald had the cojones to apologize to the fans directly, on the court. Those days are long gone.

These guys do it by email and intentionally gloss over or ignore the issues. It makes the apology hard to accept, if they actually care for me to accept it at all that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of your posts get a lot of stick, but this one was spot on. Well done, sir.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    Some of us were being asked to pay >$1200 per ticket to watch TFC, it is nuts and not even a winning team would get me to pay that for one ticket. Not many people in the stadium are paying $390 - $450 although that is what it should be Jimmy.
    Would you pay that $1200+ yearly if Toronto FC is a strong, successful team?

I know I would, and I'm sure a lot of people would.

It seems like money becomes a problem when the quality is not there. That's what MLSE needs to realize. Quality product means happy customers, no matter the price.

If we qualified for playoffs and came in, like....3rd overall in the playoffs, the price hike would be acceptable, no? That's all my point is. A quality product is what will make a price increase acceptable, not this shit we've watched for another year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahhaahhhaaaa - twits.

Some bratty kids really have to learn the hard way i suppose.

P.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the end they forgot to put:

"...so, please renew by October 15th. Thanks and sorry again."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like money becomes a problem when the quality is not there. That's what MLSE needs to realize. Quality product means happy customers, no matter the price.

If we qualified for playoffs and came in, like....3rd overall in the playoffs, the price hike would be acceptable, no? That's all my point is. A quality product is what will make a price increase acceptable, not this shit we've watched for another year.
    I understand what you mean but no I would not pay that to see TFC even if they were winning. That works out at about 731 pounds for a season and I reckon they should only be able to charge about half of that. Dont get me wrong if they went out and signed 11 dp's of high quality I would but that is not possible. The football played in the league is not worthy of that much money in my opinion but it is up to the individual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P-NUTZ View Post
    at the end they forgot to put:

"...so, please renew by October 15th. Thanks and sorry again."

You mean the 22nd. Because they're so compassionate and want to give us extra time to wrap our heads around all these confusing numbers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree, at $1200, it still is pretty high.

It just wouldn't be as upsetting I think. If we win an MLS cup, and have a fun team to watch, it still evens out to what, 60 bux a game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just wouldn't be as upsetting I think. If we win an MLS cup, and have a fun team to watch, it still evens out to what, 60 bux a game?

And $66 / game for the premium ones. Said with no bitterness at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nuts and Bolts:

1) What is MLSE trying to achieve by issuing this apology?
    2) Will they achieve it?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    Nuts and Bolts:

2) Will they achieve it?

1) To get renewals on track.

2) I would say probably only to a degree. Most people recognize this as a minimal gesture, not nearly enough to forgive the incredible hubris it took to hike prices over 100% in 4 years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, the boiling point here was the fact that the price increase was built hot off the heels of another shitty season. if it was built off of an alright season, people would still complain. they complained about meaningless friendlies, they complained about the CL games, they complained about the MLS cup.

simply put, i enjoy the leafs, even when they show flashes of brilliance, even if they were in the fucking cup, i wouldn't go because i would never have the money to see them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk to my buddy who lays out ~$10,000 on season seats and see how he feels about price increases and the quality on the field.

There are plenty of people paying more than $1,200/year for this shit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nuts and Bolts:

2) Will they achieve it?

1) They want to sell as any season tickets as last year.
    2) No.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This apology is disgusting.

First, they didn't listen.

Next, they tell you you're confused.

Now, they're apologizing with nothing but words and the removal of games that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

You still HAVE TO buy MLS Cup tickets. Ticket prices are still HIGHER than last year.

We have no stable managment in place and by all appearances, whoever comes in will have to blow up the squad and start all over again, almost from scratch.

Next season will be an expansion season, except they want you to pay 75% more for the priviledge of watching a first-year team struggle all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nuts and Bolts:

2) Will they achieve it?
    1) damage control and nothing more.
    2) partially

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    This apology is disgusting.

First, they didn't listen.

Next, they tell you you're confused.

Now, they're apologizing with nothing but words and the removal of games that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

You still HAVE TO buy MLS Cup tickets. Ticket prices are still HIGHER than last year.

We have no stable managment in place and by all appearances, whoever comes in will have to blow up the squad and start all over again, almost from scratch.

Next season will be an expansion season, except they want you to pay 75% more for the priviledge of watching a first-year team struggle all over again.
    Well said - my sentiments exactly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Aplogy is lube, in the end you're still getting it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...at least this time it's with lube. In the past, it's been done to us dry.

Still, I'd prefer not to get screwed in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt think i could possibly more insulted than I was already, Not only Iam i not renewing, I might not even watch them on tv hahahahaha keep going you idiots!
    Shame on you.