Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they spent thousands of dollars to mail out invoices 3 days before the renewal deadline... only to tell us to toss them cuz they are useless? If this happened at my company someone would be shown the door immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    So they spent thousands of dollars to mail out invoices 3 days before the renewal deadline... only to tell us to toss them cuz they are useless? If this happened at my company someone would be shown the door immediately.
    they forgot to include a pre-paid envelope as well...cheapos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I think it's time to makeup... MLSE give us our own section!!! To the North!
    Lower prices and give us our own section. Very simple.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavydMT View Post
    Lower prices and give us our own section. Very simple.

Sorry guys, but this whole thing has zero to do with supporters groups...might have to give your head a shake on that one a little bit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    Sorry guys, but this whole thing has zero to do with supporters groups...might have to give your head a shake on that one a little bit.
    Say more. If this isn't fear of Supporters action it's...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a fear of non renewal. It affects everyone in the stadium. Sure you might want to randomly go to the north stand or whatever....but most people couldnt care about that. If you look at the things MLSE has done wrong, and your first reaction is give us our own section....I dunno, maybe you should be jumping with U sec.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a fear of non renewal. It affects everyone in the stadium. Sure you might want to randomly go to the north stand or whatever....but most people couldnt care about that. If you look at the things MLSE has done wrong, and your first reaction is give us our own section....I dunno, maybe you should be jumping with U sec.
    people are angry and are venting about everything under the sun.
    We need to stay focused about the true issues

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck homey, youre gonna need it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree... but if there ever was a good time to get our own section, it would be now, while we have a bit of leverage, and before they sell off the north end.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want my $5 beer!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally Mack View Post
    I agree... but if there ever was a good time to get our own section, it would be now, while we have a bit of leverage, and before they sell off the north end.
    How is that going to fix anything? you can have your own section, and hand out your own tickets, but MLSE will still determine the prices of your tickets and the content of the season seat package. Besides, there are numerous people in 111/112 and 113 that don't associate with any ssg and have had tix since day 1, it is patently unfair to those customers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't take the North at those prices but I'd certainly take the south if you guys do move. He'll with extra $800 a seat in savings 4 of us could create a helluva banner each year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I want my $5 beer!!!
    I want a $5 rebate on all my $10 beers from season 1 - 4. Then I want $5 beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$790 now for supporters section for 2 seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep - my new invoice is up. That's all they did folks. Removed 2 CONCACAF games we have not even qualified for.

Wow - what an awesome gesture. Fuck you Tom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

removing the CCL games might help most SSH a little bit, but it doesn't help the supporters out at all as we are the ones who buy the CCL games so we'll still be paying for them anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    MY INVOICE on account manager is GONE!!!

wooohooo!!! free tickets for everyone!!!

haha...joking!! But it no more pops up saying I owe TFC money
    I just noticed this as well - what is happening are they giving us an extension and reducing the fees? The count down to renewal now shows 9 days.

Mikey

They will try and play the "if you dont renew, you will never get tickets again" card during the renewal extension.

Why hasn't the Mega-star DP rumours started yet BTW?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arbogast View Post
    How is that going to fix anything? you can have your own section, and hand out your own tickets, but MLSE will still determine the prices of your tickets and the content of the season seat package. Besides, there are numerous people in 111/112 and 113 that don't associate with any ssg and have had tix since day 1, it is patently unfair to those customers.
    The idea of SG only section can be addressed independent of ticket prices - so you are correct that one will not directly affect the other. But sometimes it's easier to break these things out. We may never influence tickets prices, but if we can get an SG member only section that is a plus for us.

And yes, the major issue is how do you deal with people in that section who are SSH's and not SG members? This was the idea was floated about the North End before it was made available as season seats. In the future there may be other expansion we can take advantage of. It's a goal we have set and will continue to look at it when the opportunity arises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    The idea of SG only section can be addressed independent of ticket prices - so you are correct that one will not directly affect the other. But sometimes it's easier to break these things out. We may never influence tickets prices, but if we can get an SG member only section that is a plus for us.

And yes, the major issue is how do you deal with people in that section who are SSH's and not SG members? This was the idea was floated about the North End before it was made available as season seats. In the future there may be other expansion we can take advantage of. It's a goal we have set and will continue to look at it when the opportunity arises.
    fair enough. My concern is that someone who bought seats in saaaay 111 in year 1 BEFORE it was deemed an RPB supporters section, and who doesn't associate with the group, should not have their tickets put in SSGs hands if they don't want to. They're seats should not be affected in nay way. If it's for a new section, like the north end, then it can work, but not now, since they started selling season seat packages in that section for next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE are not concerned about non-renewal in the supporters areas. Those tickets will always be able to sell because they're so cheap. Yes, they are.

They're worried because the mid-field seats aren't getting renewed, where all the money is generated. They hope dropping the price of the package there will scare less people off.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will work for them - the real problem is lack of game day demand for mid- to high- price tickets, and all the people who have been hording extra seats are now having to let them go because they can't get their money back (or more) selling them as a favor to friends and family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

? Has there actually been an announcement? I've looked on the TFC website and did a news search and don't see anything.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    ? Has there actually been an announcement? I've looked on the TFC website and did a news search and don't see anything.

good call. Maybe they leaked the info as a way of judging reactions before making an official announcement. The "confused" email really hurt them, so maybe they just dont have a communications department at all anymore and there's no one to write the press release
    Last edited by H Bomb; 10-13-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too Little Too Late!

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/10/too-late/

Reaction to the changes to the 2011 TFC Season Ticket packages and why it is a case of too little too late.

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you covered all the points Newf, and are right. It is too little, but I'm not sure it's too late. If they made the right changes tomorrow (and I mean big stuff, lowering overall price, opt in for CCL, free MLS cup final) then I would honestly thank them for recognizing their mistake and amending it. But these guys are the definition of lip service. They're sorry, Paul "tried" to keep prices down. Its all bogus.

Also I noticed the line "2 of the largest supporters groups are planning protests." I hope you boys on your side realize how much they're dropping the ball on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you covered all the points Newf, and are right. It is too little, but I'm not sure it's too late. If they made the right changes tomorrow (and I mean big stuff, lowering overall price, opt in for CCL, free MLS cup final) then I would honestly thank them for recognizing their mistake and amending it. But these guys are the definition of lip service. They're sorry, Paul "tried" to keep prices down. Its all bogus.

Also I noticed the line "2 of the largest supporters groups are planning protests." I hope you boys on your side realize how much they're dropping the ball on this one.
    There is already a healthy debate going...