Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
OK this is a fine example of the problem with business journalism in general (this problem is way bigger than Grange or Brunt or MLSE or sports reporting). The people who write the stories do not understand the subject.

Erol Uzomeri is a deeply biased source spewing a highly predictable line. By definition. Not that the Globe even remotely understands this.

When you raise a new fund, you are relying almost entirely on your "track record", which means (i) you need to make everything you were involved in previously look great, and (ii) you have to stay in the good graces of your former colleagues/employers, who will get calls about you from potential new investors as part of their decision to invest.

Ex employees raising funds always do what Erol did in talking about previous gigs, you shower complements on everybody you worked with - everyone in the business kind of rolls their eyes at this stuff..... "I'm great, you're great, it's the love train".

Same goes for the Leiweke/AEG bit. What did the Globe expect an MLSE partner to say to their puffball questions?

In this story, The Globe was getting used by absolutely everyone involved and didn't even know it.
That's journalism, my friend. People in privileged positions always get interviewed in stories. At the very least, it's the journalist's job to interview those people. NOT interviewing Erol would be considered a serious deficiency in the story.

But what do you expect? Who would you interview that knows MLSE inside and out and would speak against them? And even if you did, you'd still need Erol's quote in "defense." That's objectivity.