Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashame for MLS this team they make mistakes as peewees

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    If you go back a year or so you will find out that many members wanted those players.

Offense is producing now because we did not have healthy players in August,we played with OBW and Ibrahim as starters,it has nothing to do with Daso or new system,it more we have all our payers back.
    I think you speak a lot of sense Denime, getting rid of Preki when we did, so close to the end of the season was not a good idea. Preki should have been allowed to see the season out without having MoJo as his GM, then we would have been able to judge if he was capable or not. There were many people on here who stated that Preki didn't accomplish much by making TFC quite difficult to beat and I think that now we are perhaps seeing that organizing a team to defend is not an easy skill especially when half your team truly sucks. You are also right about Preki being hampered in August by injuries to our 'best' attacking players, you are never going to win anything with players like OBW and Ibrahim, I cannot see any future in the game for either of those guys despite their age.

I am not saying Preki was the answer to our problems after all but I do think it was a mistake to not let him see out the rest of the season. The only way I would have got rid of him was if we were some how able to tempt a proven MLS manager to come in and take over the reigns for a short period of time much like what used to happen in England with Bobby Robson and Ron Atkinson. Replacing Preki with an unproven Daso was probably not the best idea in my opinion.

What is worrying for me is yet another rebuilding process. People here have commented that we only need a few players and you can see where they are coming from as we do have a handful of capable players. What worries me though is that although it looks like we have a good spine, this same spine has still managed to come up short this season. Theoretically a spine consisting of : Frei, Attakora, Cann, De Guzman and DeRo should be more than capable for the MLS but now I am beginning to question whether that spine is actually good enough? I still think it is and the team should still be based on this spine however the next manager appointment has to be the right one. TFC is screaming out for a good coach, this spine should be good enough for a playoff spot, now we need to put players in there who can help them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Coach is and has to be an Ash ole,you think players love coaches like Ferguson or Maghat,they fear from them and that's why they perform.Players are professionals and there is no such a thing as loving the coach.They should Love their girlfriends or boyfriends if they have a need for love,coach is there to make them play as a team and try to win a game.
    Disagree.

You're making is sound like the only successful coaches are guys like Preki who just treat their players like Dogs. Fact is, that approach is rarely successful in the long run and is usually proliferated by lower table clubs trying to fight relegation as opposed to achieving something great. The manager comes in, grinds a few people to a pulp to get some short term success, inevitably loses the room and moves on.

If you want to be successful as a football coach you have to walk the line between getting along with the players and being an authoritative figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Disagree.

You're making is sound like the only successful coaches are guys like Preki who just treat their players like Dogs. Fact is, that approach is rarely successful in the long run and is usually proliferated by lower table clubs trying to fight relegation as opposed to achieving something great. The manager comes in, grinds a few people to a pulp to get some short term success, inevitably loses the room and moves on.

If you want to be successful as a football coach you have to walk the line between getting along with the players and being an authoritative figure.
    This is 100% correct...

Fergie was mentioned in the thread. None of the players fear Fergie. I love reading football autobiographies and ones I've read players often refer to Fergie as a 'father figure'. Not stern and spiteful or that they're fearfull of him...

Although a different sport, Mike Keenan spoke of how he had to change his coaching tactics to evolve with today's pro athlete. Back in the day, he was that asshole who players hated and feared. But in a very good interview prior to getting the Flames job a while back, he talked about how he had to change, get away from being that type of person and coach. It doesn't work in today's professional sports environment...

A coach must be both an authority figure, and someone the players like and respect. I think that sums up a "father" perfectly. We love our dads, they're our buds, but at the same time they're the boss and dish out the dicipline...

Its not suprising that the many of the top coaches in the world, with much success are constantly referred to as "father figures"...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    I think you speak a lot of sense Denime, getting rid of Preki when we did, so close to the end of the season was not a good idea. Preki should have been allowed to see the season out without having MoJo as his GM, then we would have been able to judge if he was capable or not. There were many people on here who stated that Preki didn't accomplish much by making TFC quite difficult to beat and I think that now we are perhaps seeing that organizing a team to defend is not an easy skill especially when half your team truly sucks. You are also right about Preki being hampered in August by injuries to our 'best' attacking players, you are never going to win anything with players like OBW and Ibrahim, I cannot see any future in the game for either of those guys despite their age.

Some good points. The roster Preki was working with for the irst half of this season was weak - partly because of so many late additions and also because of injuries. And because it takes a while to institute a new system.

So, it again shows MLSE's poor decision making - they didn't look at why the team wasn't winning, or at what areas were improving or where it was headed.

With the Preki hiring it seems that the team was moving more to a New England-style of operations where the coach was making almost all the decisions and requests and the GM was more of a fill-the-coach's-request, deal with ownership position. Which probably would have worked out better, or was at least worth giving it a better shot.

But because there was never a senior soccer person in the organization there was never any eadership and never any plan.

The team really needs a president or a chairman who's past the point in his career where he has to prove anything to anyone and isn't scrambling from one job to the next.

This isn't a situation a coach or manager can fix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do alot of people know why Sigi was fired. He was accused of the many same things that were said about Preki. Sigi's style of play was too boring. Sigi also rubbed alot of the LA players the wrong way and there was a player led revolt led by Cobi Jones, because Sigi demanded you be a professional and he was fired and he was in First place at the time. Look at what Sigi did to the Columbus roster when he took over 3 Players were left from the 2006 team.
    What coach would come here with the revolving door. I really like the Coach from Akron he was going for the record for consecutive shutouts by a team, alot of the players on his team will be GA, I don't think he would come if the players get whatever they want.

I tried to find out but why was Frei left off the CCL game agianst RSL?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsp71 View Post
    I tried to find out but why was Frei left off the CCL game agianst RSL?
    Reportedly had a sore ankle, and they wanted to rest it for the Seattle game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guys... Guys, I've read some of this thread and I think many of you have lost perspective. You have to remember that we're only a 4th year expansion side. You can't expect overnight success. Dynasties don't appear magically. It takes a while for a club to develop a playing philosophy. Be patient people, we're only two or three coaching changes and at least one general team overhaul away from consistency.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Guys... Guys, I've read some of this thread and I think many of you have lost perspective. You have to remember that we're only a 4th year expansion side. You can't expect overnight success. Dynasties don't appear magically. It takes a while for a club to develop a playing philosophy. Be patient people, we're only two or three coaching changes and at least one general team overhaul away from consistency.
    I believed this is year 1 , 2 3 and 4th. Now how can you make good decisions if the owner is incompetent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think what he's trying to say is while discomfort and anger is absolutely merited, becoming enraged to the point of abandoning the team altogether is an exaggeration. Or he's being sarcastic...i really can't tell...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Some good points. The roster Preki was working with for the irst half of this season was weak - partly because of so many late additions and also because of injuries. And because it takes a while to institute a new system.

So, it again shows MLSE's poor decision making - they didn't look at why the team wasn't winning, or at what areas were improving or where it was headed.

With the Preki hiring it seems that the team was moving more to a New England-style of operations where the coach was making almost all the decisions and requests and the GM was more of a fill-the-coach's-request, deal with ownership position. Which probably would have worked out better, or was at least worth giving it a better shot.

But because there was never a senior soccer person in the organization there was never any eadership and never any plan.

The team really needs a president or a chairman who's past the point in his career where he has to prove anything to anyone and isn't scrambling from one job to the next.

This isn't a situation a coach or manager can fix.
    Wait... I've read recent posts and now I'm confused... So now we want Preki back??
    The reason we have been scoring lately is because Daso decided to play offence. That's it. If Preki was still here we would be watching the same boring soccer we dealt with for the majority of the season. If you see Seattle you see that they have an offensive minded team and it is a pleasure to watch. If they kept playing defence style lets hope for a goal tactics then MLSE cant have my money.
    Last edited by mastermixer; 10-03-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEY View Post
    I would keep DeRo, JDG, Attakora, Cann and Frei. That's it, that's all. The rest I would tell to fuck right off, no "thanks for coming out" no "thanks for your services" just plain old FUCK RIGHT OFF!
    Agreed. Well, almost. I'd keep Barrett. ...and Gargan and Labrocca for depth only, too. Other than that, you are spot on. And I would add the entire front office to those told to F-Off...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    ^ I think what he's trying to say is while discomfort and anger is absolutely merited, becoming enraged to the point of abandoning the team altogether is an exaggeration. Or he's being sarcastic...i really can't tell...
    This!

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ busted !
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsp71 View Post
    Do alot of people know why Sigi was fired. He was accused of the many same things that were said about Preki. Sigi's style of play was too boring. Sigi also rubbed alot of the LA players the wrong way and there was a player led revolt led by Cobi Jones, because Sigi demanded you be a professional and he was fired and he was in First place at the time. Look at what Sigi did to the Columbus roster when he took over 3 Players were left from the 2006 team.
    Ok, there are some commonalities there but there's a lot of dissimilarities also. Sigi was the manager in LA for a couple years prior, had actually won things, and as Carts described, it doesn't mean that he didn't evolve after leaving the Galaxy.

For LA's part in the process, they fired Sigi, won MLS cup and US Open cup next year. Hard to complain about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigi also didn't make the playoffs his first 2 years in CBus. And he dismantled the team he inherited massively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at this game with a few others and after the game, only Barrett looked over and acknowledged the TFC fans ... and that's because his family was sitting in the section. \the team could have at least made an effort after the humiliation ...dissapointed!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahem...Don't forget the five year plan!