Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team actually is worse as a team than its component parts.

"Kudos" to Mo and Preki for mis-assembling things so badly.

There is potential to save some pieces rather than throwing everything out.

Think NYRB last year.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will defend Jacob Peterson till my dying breath.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Think NYRB last year.
    Agreed.

I think Toronto could be greatly improved with 3 or 4 key changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dasovich calls out players without mentioning names. Can't wait to see the follow up on this one!

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...r-toronto-loss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaos197O View Post
    Dasovich calls out players without mentioning names. Can't wait to see the follow up on this one!

I hope Dasovich has learned by now that you can have all the heart in the world but if you cannot play football nor understand football then you are not going to amount to much as a player. The big problem TFC has is that outside of a few players there is just not much quality in the team. Some of these guys are football players in job title only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CTV announced the final score as 3-1. Good to see they're on top of things as always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    I hope Dasovich has learned by now that you can have all the heart in the world but if you cannot play football nor understand football then you are not going to amount to much as a player. The big problem TFC has is that outside of a few players there is just not much quality in the team. Some of these guys are football players in job title only.
    I'm sure that DASO knows. But he knew all this before he took over too.

I'm not sure who he's calling out directly but the defense seemed to want to play the trap all game and none of them wanted to stick to or follow their man. They murdered us on the wings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ouch someone is pissed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of just saying who we should ditch, how about more ideas about who we should get? TFC has been very good at getting rid of players since year one; it's been much harder to get decent players to replace them. I'm sure 80% of the current TFC players could find a spot on another MLS roster, although some of them not at their current salary. Some of the starters should be bench players as well. Others suck in the position their being forced into.

For example, Gargan ain't bad, at his price a great bench player to provide cover at MF or D. OK starting RB if the opposing doesn't have fast left wingers (and many MLS teams don't). But asking him to be a starting LB against a fast right-side attacker is plain suicide. Cann is obviously starting-quality CB for MLS, but he's been forced to play almost every minute of every game this season. He's been fading since August and needed an occasional break, but didn't get it. Today he screwed up, but was also left hung out to dry repeatedly by his DMs & his wingbacks. (Garcia was probably the best defender today, which isn't saying much...)

Anyway, our only chance is that we get an absolutely top-quality, experienced manager/director, who picks an absolute top-quality, experienced coach. (I don't give a crap about developing Cdn coaching talent, it's too late to worry about that now, in our 5th season.) Let them decided who to sign FIRST, before they decide who to ditch. And all of that w/o listening one iota to the supporters, fans, or senior MLSE managment.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 10-02-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So THAT'S what a full stadium looks like

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    So THAT'S what a team headed for the playoffs looks like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEY View Post
    So THAT'S what a competently run football club with a commitment to winning looks like.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and they're the 7th or 8th team heading for the playoffs. A bunch of other teams are much better yet. (Although, Seattle has been on quite a run as of late, after a bad start to the season.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    and support. BMO used to sound that good. Wonder what the players think? Especially those who know what we are capable of!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and support. BMO used to sound that good. Wonder what the players think? Especially those who know what we are capable of!
    Well, most of the 80+ players that have been on the TFC squad at one time or another, are long gone anyway...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yes and they're the 7th or 8th team heading for the playoffs. A bunch of other teams are much better yet. (Although, Seattle has been on quite a run as of late, after a bad start to the season.)
    Hey 7th, 8th, 1st, 2nd who gives a flying fuck? They will be there and they have the same shot as the other 7 teams in the playoffs to win the whole damn thing unlike our beloved Reds who will be watching the fucking finals with their cocks in their hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season can't finish fast enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey 7th, 8th, 1st, 2nd who gives a flying fuck? They will be there and they have the same shot as the other 7 teams in the playoffs to win the whole damn thing unlike our beloved Reds who will be watching the fucking finals with their cocks in their hands.
    I totally agree with you. In response to -- "that's what a team headed to the playoffs looks like" -- was just to highlight the massive difference in quality between TFC and the top half of the league. Seattle is good; a few other teams are even better. All of that with the same salary cap, same restrictions etc., but a freaking clue how to build a team & play like a team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Jose and Columbus played to a 0-0 draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was more TFC people at the game than I expected, small groups of independents, Chad Barrett's relatives from Portland, etc. Unfortunately, although we were in the same section we were sitting at the bottom and they were at the top. Didn't do much chanting but we did sing Dichio at minute 23.

Qwest's Field Turf is completed cashed. They've put on and washed off the gridiron lines so often it has faded the Turf.

As for the game play, the turnovers killed us, plus guys who are usually pretty good, like Cann, were really off today.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The turf looked like shit on TV. Worse than BMO's ever did.

Also, Sigi said this in his post-game interview:

"I'm really proud of the way we came back after they scored the first goal to go up 2-1 at halftime," Seattle coach Sigi Schmid said. "Once we were up 3-1, we wanted to make sure the fans stayed involved so we decided to make it 3-2 at the very end."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Think NYRB last year.
    If Preki got one more year I wonder what that would be,but as usual ML$E listens to the fans and players and fires coach.
    In the same time every single writer who knows a little bit about this game saying he was fired to early and did not get the real chance to build the team to the end.And teams building starts with defense.
    So now Daso is calling players out, really?
    Aren't that the same players that said they want Daso to be their coach since they like him and they will play for him,yeah right.

Now our happy and relaxed players don't play defense at all 12 goals in 6 games,I think we did not get so many golas in last 10-11 games under Preki.

TFC and ML$E FO are using SG boards as a measure how fans feel about TFC and what they should do next.We wanted DeRo,JDG,Gerba and wow they got signed,we wanted Mo to Go and many of us Preki too guess what they are gone,and now we are unhappy about team performance,hmmmm.

I think we all forgot that Preki did not promise anything when he came here,we all knew it in January this season will be shitty once again,but unfortunately for us we got some good results before WC2010 and everyone started talking about playoffs,the whole month of August we did not have Barret and Santos,JDG and Mista few games too and no wonder we couldn't score, even DeRo was nowhere to find,but at least our defense kept us close in so many games,now we have a Swiss cheese defense 0 discipline in middle,and free for all up front.

Doesn't matter who we hire as the next GM and coach,do not expect anything next year or they will be gone before season ends. If you can't acept that do not renew your TFC ST and go watch Jays and Argos next summer,it really simple and easy.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yeah whatever, I also wasn't happy to see Preki go so soon. But even if he was right about the team effort etc, maybe he was just too much of an a--hole. Anyway, let's not keep tearing each other apart about byegones. They have to get an absolute top-tier manager/director for next year and start from there.

EDIT "for next year" I mean he has to be hired within the next 1-2 months so the interim guys don't start making stupid decisions in the meantime.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yeah whatever, I also wasn't happy to see Preki go so soon. But even if he was right about the team effort etc, maybe he was just too much of an a--hole. Anyway, let's not keep tearing each other apart about byegones. They have to get an absolute top-tier manager/director for next year and start from there.
    LOL I don't think any top tier manager will touch this organization! I will be very surprised if we ever get top tier anything for this team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I don't think any top tier manager will touch this organization! I will be very surprised if we ever get top tier anything for this team.
    That, unfortunately, is a very damn good point....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    If Preki got one more year I wonder what that would be,but as usual ML$E listens to the fans and players and fires coach.
    In the same time every single writer who knows a little bit about this game saying he was fired to early and did not get the real chance to build the team to the end.And teams building starts with defense.
    So now Daso is calling players out, really?
    Aren't that the same players that said they want Daso to be their coach since they like him and they will play for him,yeah right.

Now our happy and relaxed players don't play defense at all 12 goals in 6 games,I think we did not get so many golas in last 10-11 games under Preki.

TFC and ML$E FO are using SG boards as a measure how fans feel about TFC and what they should do next.We wanted DeRo,JDG,Gerba and wow they got signed,we wanted Mo to Go and many of us Preki too guess what they are gone,and now we are unhappy about team performance,hmmmm.

I think we all forgot that Preki did not promise anything when he came here,we all knew it in January this season will be shitty once again,but unfortunately for us we got some good results before WC2010 and everyone started talking about playoffs,the whole month of August we did not have Barret and Santos,JDG and Mista few games too and no wonder we couldn't score, even DeRo was nowhere to find,but at least our defense kept us close in so many games,now we have a Swiss cheese defense 0 discipline in middle,and free for all up front.

Doesn't matter who we hire as the next GM and coach,do not expect anything next year or they will be gone before season ends. If you can't acept that do not renew your TFC ST and go watch Jays and Argos next summer,it really simple and easy.
    Do you really think MLSE is listening to US????? I don't. The boards were split on the JDG signing from what I remember and other than people bitching about "boring" Preki ball, I'm not certain that the general consensus was that we need to get rid of Preki! As for Gerba, I never wanted him here.....same with Mista for that matter!

I for one wished we hadn't gotten rid of Preki. I don't know what happened since he left but the defense has seemingly "checked out". Perhaps it's more to do with the freedom that was given to the offense, which has been producing. The same offense, however, are not supporting the defense and this is where JDG really needs to step up in his CDM role. I wonder if he's on board with Dero's demand for more cash and until he gets it we won't see the JDG that everyone knows he can be. Hmmmmm.

There's hope under DASO but only if he can get the balance that this team needs. First off a good GM and then some tweaking. 4 maybe 5 players and a true system. Not just freedom!
    Last edited by kaos197O; 10-02-2010 at 09:11 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT "for next year" I mean he has to be hired within the next 1-2 months so the interim guys don't start making stupid decisions in the meantime.
    Coach is and has to be an Ash ole,you think players love coaches like Ferguson or Maghat,they fear from them and that's why they perform.Players are professionals and there is no such a thing as loving the coach.They should Love their girlfriends or boyfriends if they have a need for love,coach is there to make them play as a team and try to win a game.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really think MLSE is listening to US????? I don't. The boards were split on the JDG signing from what I remember and other than people bitching about "boring" Preki ball, I'm not certain that the general consensus was that we need to get rid of Preki! As for Gerba, I never wanted him here.....same with Mista for that matter!

I for one wished we hadn't gotten rid of Preki. I don't know what happened since he left but the defense has seemingly "checked out". Perhaps it's more to do with the freedom that was given to the offense, which has been producing. The same offense, however, are not supporting the defense and this is where JDG really needs to step up in his CDM role. I wonder if he's on board with Dero's demand for more cash and until he gets it we won't see the JDG that everyone knows he can be. Hmmmmm.

There's hope under DASO but only if he can get the balance that this team needs. First off a good GM and then some tweaking. 4 maybe 5 players and a true system. Not just freedom!
    If you go back a year or so you will find out that many members wanted those players.

Offense is producing now because we did not have healthy players in August,we played with OBW and Ibrahim as starters,it has nothing to do with Daso or new system,it more we have all our payers back.
    Last edited by denime; 10-02-2010 at 09:16 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there's different types of coaches, they are not all like that. Plus in addition to being a hard-ass, Preki also made some weird decisions which didn't help his cause.

Anyway, I probably agree with you more than many others. By ditching Preki before the end of his first season it makes the team look even more like a banana republic, & harder to sign anyone decent in the future.

I just hope by their choice of a new manager, they will show that the players & senior MLSE management won't be running the team anymore. No idea if anyone good will want to go near this team (as Whitey said), but maybe if MLSE drop some MAJOR cash it's possible....?????????????????????