View Poll Results: What is the best way to protest during the end of the year?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Attend Columbus game - Protest at stadium (chants, "walk the line", literary campaign)

31 22.63%
  • Do not attend Columbus game

18 13.14%
  • I'd be willing to attend/not attend the Columbus game depending on group concensus

9 6.57%
  • Attend MLS Cup game - - Protest at stadium (chants, "walk the line", literary campaign)

24 17.52%
  • Do not attend MLS Cup game

42 30.66%
  • I'd be willing to attend/not attend the MLS Cup game depending on group concensus

13 9.49%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boys, simple..black out the f*in dump of a stadium. Black flags, black shirts, black two sticks....lunch a few flares on the fiel during play @ the MLS CUP, with a black ribon attached. there needs to be a few large banners telling MLSE to fack of with the ticket prices and their shitty team

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

through a god damn smoke bomb in pu*ssy ass garber and peddies face well ur at it... cause some havic at the cup game. have some pride in being a supporter..or so thats what u call urselfs

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's simple...We kill the batman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, reading through this thread is so depressing. Its sad seeing so many people deluded into thinking that any of this matters. The fact remains, that come Oct 15th, most of you will have committed money to next seasons season ticket package. MLSE will be so busy counting the money that they won't have time to look up to see what signs the supporters groups are waving, what shirts they are wearing at the cup final, or what chants are getting sung. You all know it.

Its funny how the supporters groups, those who led the way into making this such an amazing sporting experience that Toronto hasn't seen before, is taking the backseat in the fight against MLSE. Its the casual fans who are going to be the ones who really make a difference. They are the ones who protest with their wallets.

I really enjoyed the first three years, but have become bitter now. I cannot get past the fact that I have seen incredible markup in the price of my tickets in the last four years, while watching some very mediocre football. The kicker is I'm also being forced to purchase a ticket for a game that Toronto FC won't qualify for. I'm just not going to stand for that, and I'm going to protest with my wallet. Next season, my money will go to other forms of entertainment. That makes me angry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flu: Yep. The casuals (some) hate so much are going to heard. And in my opinion missed. How many supporters are there that show up game after game? 6,000? 8,000? They'll always renew.

If TFC starts with 15,0000 at the home opener, then this team is done. Availability will be the death of this team.... hello Blue Jays of the 90's to jays of late.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE needs to realize quickly that tickets won't be sold if the team is poor.
    Every other team in the MLS focuses on building a good team, not putting bums in seats. Even Dallas who have a tin can stadium and maybe 5000 fans a game put together a strong team. Look at teams that focus on their fans over their team: DC United, Toronto FC, Seattle Sounders. Only Seattle has any kind of success this season.

MLSE, Let us make this very clear: You want 20,000+ a game? You want us to give you our money? Instead of RAISING ticket prices, how about you build a winning fucking squad, get us playoffs, and shut us up! That's all we want! Fucking success. If you can't do it, then fucking leave us. We don't need you nor want you. There's a hundred other owners who could buy this team. If all you want to do is charge us a premium for a nice steaming pile of shit, then fuck off.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U-Sector is not joining in bgnewf's boycott of the MLS Cup:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector...pic=14000&st=0

So if 1/4 of 112 is thinking of protesting by not going: think again.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-02-2010 at 09:49 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector...pic=14000&st=0

So if 1/4 of 112 is thinking of protesting by not going: think again.
    No Boycott of MLS-Cup is required - Here is what will happen on November 21st:
    - everyone will wake up an go look out the window...
    - it will be 10 below zero, the wind howling and several inches of snow on the ground...
    - the casual soccer fan will say - oh well, lousy day, we aren't going to the game
    - Toronto FC fans will say the boys are not playing, so no need to go
    - the smart die hard Toronto FC fan will say: I refuse to be a positive backdrop (window dressing) for MLSE - I think I will try watching a game at BMO field on the TV instead...

There is no real need to get an organized protest together on this one - this will naturally occur. Other than not renewing your Season Tickets, the next best thing to do is hollow out BMO for the final. Tickets will be so cheap for this final - all at the expense of the Season ticket holders who were fleeced/forced to buy these very expensive tickets and then cannot give them away...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know a good snow dance?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Anyone know a good snow dance?

Hey - wait a minute - I might go - there would be nothing more satisfying than whacking Henri upside the head with a snowball!!!! Damn, that sounds so fine!! (sorry - I can't help it, I have Irish blood in me - a snowball for a handball - seems somehow fitting...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

several inches of snow in november? we barely get snow by Christmas these past few years.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you a MLSE flack or spinboi, or what? The discussion is mixed, there is seven weeks to go, I would bet good money that at least half of U-sector NEVER MAKES IT TO THE GAME.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    several inches of snow in november? we barely get snow by Christmas these past few years.
    The ducks and geese started to head south at the end of August this year - very unusual! Almanac says we are in for some traditional Canadian winter this year - lets hope it arrives by mid- November!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The year when Mel called in the army, didn't the snow start early November and never stopped until Mel cried uncle in January?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting BBC article about Liverpools fans and their use of the Internet to protest ownership: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/danroan/2...ight_onli.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    Interesting BBC article about Liverpools fans and their use of the Internet to protest ownership: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/danroan/2...ight_onli.html
    And this is the protest site: http://www.kopfaithful.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    The year when Mel called in the army, didn't the snow start early November and never stopped until Mel cried uncle in January?
    nope... snow started in January

I remember, because my car got stuck in a snowbank that year!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with this poll is that is precludes options that don't include physical protest.

What about "Write a letter to the Times"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    And this is the protest site: http://www.kopfaithful.org/
    good one
    we should follow the example

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the best way is come all to the stadium, we dont go inside be outside for the 90 min.
    Are (we did do this in Europe one time)
    Go normal inside as every other game, when the game started walk all together out.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maximo_rpd View Post
    Are you a MLSE flack or spinboi, or what? The discussion is mixed, there is seven weeks to go, I would bet good money that at least half of U-sector NEVER MAKES IT TO THE GAME.

I know U-Sector well enough, if they don't have a solid consensus, they won't engage in a protest.

As far as MLSE spinboi, people here know me well enough that I was one of the more vocal anti-Mo people for this last year.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know U-Sector well enough, if they don't have a solid consensus, they won't engage in a protest.

As far as MLSE spinboi, people here know me well enough that I was one of the more vocal anti-Mo people for this last year.
    You are right - I should have said you were "sounding" like one, not that you are one... my bad. I think there will be a fair number of U-sector non renewals, plus they have the same issues that we do - they may not do an organized protest but rather a disorganized withdrawal of attendance from the Cup game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK here it goes:

Get Tom Anselmi's email

Everyone forward their tickets for Panama Game Oct 19 to him with appropriate messages

Crash their servers...empty BMO...no concession sales

No loss as I'm not wasting my night at that game. Bast use of my $59.00 ticket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Froshler View Post
    OK here it goes:

Get Tom Anselmi's email

Everyone forward their tickets for Panama Game Oct 19 to him with appropriate messages

Crash their servers...empty BMO...no concession sales

No loss as I'm not wasting my night at that game. Bast use of my $59.00 ticket
    Bad idea. He would probably resell them or give them to his friends.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    I think the best way is come all to the stadium, we dont go inside be outside for the 90 min.
    Are (we did do this in Europe one time)
    Go normal inside as every other game, when the game started walk all together out.
    This is not Europe,here everyone thinks he has the right to do what he thinks is "right thing" to do,instead of following the group and majority.
    I'm surprised that cheerleaders did not jumped on you already,since you know"we have to support boys on the pitch no matter what",we can't just walk out or at least turn our backs to the pitch.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really, really fucking simple people...

Don't re-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Discontent is the first necessity of progress."

- Thomas A. Edison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not showing up to the MLS Cup will be the most embarassing thing for MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

OK Guys, I took care of everything. We are going to have a rally concert outside of BMO field with these guys playing at the columbus game, the ccl game, and at the mls cup final.

I gave them a call and we talked a bit. We decided to play only this song because it really gets our message across. What do you think BOYZ!!!

Last edited by smtavare; 10-02-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck yeah we sould sing this for 22min and then sing danny dichio. Then we go to mlse box at 121 and start sing it there.
    Last edited by nascarguy; 10-03-2010 at 12:54 AM.