Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    but you'd have to ride for 4 extra spots before you could get off.
    You do not have to ride , you just have to pay.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    I dont remember the last time there was that little traffic leaving the stadium, it was wonderful. Now if we could just get rid of those stupid street-cars on King St. Maybe MLSE can take over the TTC for that section of the city and start charging $10/ride.
    I have never got home from BMO so quickly... ever. I even managed to avoid the King St. street-cars

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    You do not have to ride , you just have to pay.
    I picture sideshow bob under a car, driving though a cactus patch.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Fuck I have not seen the Simpsons in a while, I should rent a movie. I would ask you were to find it, but that thread has not place here anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had tickets to the southend but i sat in the north end the first half...great view. and then the 2nd half i sat in the 200 level right in the middle and those were beautiful seats too.

might as well take the $$$ seats if nobody is sitting there, just to experience them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ The prawnies in the 200's are great fucking seats. If I renew seasons, I may get some there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    There used to be plenty of DEDICATED supporters who used to sit in 108 around us...just as passionate as those in the South end...and now they ARE GONE just because of the price increases...people around here saying the supporters groups are far superior fans than those sitting elsewhere can piss off...
    That hasn't been said or even implied, so let's not go down that road ok?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    ML$E: ONLY $EEING DOLLAR $IGN$
    That might be partly due to the fact that you're only using dollar signs, and not using the letter S.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I paid a visit to MLSE's website to look for the proverbial "contact us" link that every other organization has. Couldn't find anything but managed find the email address for the advertising guy (Anthony Attard - aattard@mapleleafsports.com) and sent him this:

Hi Anthony,

I paid a visit to MLSE's website seeking some "contact us" information. I didn't see anything obvious so I thought that clicking on "advertise with us" would provide me with the email address of someone at MLSE. Indeed it did.

This message is not for you, I am hoping you might be able to pass this along to Tom Anselmi.

Dear Tom,
    You're killing Toronto FC. Murdering it. All of the support that TFC has accumulated since its inception is being wasted away by management and it is sad and horrible to watch. From aweful personnel decisions to insane ticketing policies, MLSE is in danger of turning something that was once so promising into a massive failure.

You know, I attended my first TFC game a few months before moving to Vancouver. I loved it. Had a great time. After that game I made a conscious decision to become a TFC supporter (not just a fan) despite my fear that MLSE would run the team into the ground much like it has managed to do with the Leafs and Raptors. I thought no, TFC will be different. This time they'll get it right. Sadly it seems as though my fears were well founded. And my worst fear - that Vancouver would enter MLS and show TFC how things are supposed to be done - looks to be a very real possibility.

I hope it's not too late. Please, for the love of all things good and beautiful, get the GM decision right and please rethink your ticketing policies. I want to cry when I turn on the TV to watch TFC and I see a stadium that is half empty. TFC and its supporters deserve better.

Thanks for listening,
    Mike
    -----------------------------------

It'll never go anywhere but it made me feel better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching MLSE gouge fans for the past 4 years is getting really close to that final hit to the nail of the coffin. I drive over 2 hours to get to the games, and I have only missed 7 games. I actually missed a very close friends wedding ceremony for one game (year 2, not sure I would have missed during year 3 and 100% sure I wouldn't have this year). I actually decided that last nights game wasn't worth the drive and was going to wait to see if the Unido game had meaning. Its safe to say I won't be making that drive.

First I wanna say that I don't blame the players whatsoever, I can blame them for certain games if they fuck up or whatever but in reality they were brought in for whatever price they got and go to "work." I can't blame Garcia for being here and sucking the big one for most of his games played, I can blame Mo for bringing him in and I can blame MLSE for giving Mo so much ability and power over the team.

I also think that Daso deserves a shot next season, for the situation he was given we are playing much better, we actually outplayed the top team in the league last night and deserved the win. Additionally those that say we need a complete re-haul again on the roster are oblivious to the reasons we have been an "expansion" team every year. We do need some changes, but we actually have a good team I think, we just had a shitty tactician for the majority of the season.

Back to the main point, I have actually been planning on moving to Toronto for the soul reason of being closer to my beloved TFC. That plan, needless to say has been put on hold. Anselmi's move to "save" season renewals worked for me I have to say. I will be renewing for one more year, if I don't see proper management come in, i'm out. Liverpool, is in taters, yet they still sell out Anfield because of 100 years of history and it being engrained into the lives of there fan's.

There was a time I thought TFC could have that, but needless to say, TFC hasn't been around long enough for that. And I strongly believe MLSE overestimated that. They are going to pay for it in the one place they actually feel it. On the books, they fucked up..... big time.

I forget what thread and who said it but one of the sections had seen I believe it was 73 or 74% hike in season ticket prices. That is absolutely disgusting and I find extremely egotistical of the peice of shit that thought fans would be ok with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my buddy and I are leaving the game after the final whistle, and as we exit the steps and turn left to walk along the suite wall, Paul B exits, me and my buddy turn and say, "Nice work you fuckin jackass, why don't you go raise season ticket prices again" Followed by the chant of "BULL SHIT, BULL SHIT!"

God damn that felt good! Only regret is I wish we ripped him some more...pos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillos View Post
    Watching MLSE gouge fans for the past 4 years is getting really close to that final hit to the nail of the coffin. I drive over 2 hours to get to the games, and I have only missed 7 games. I actually missed a very close friends wedding ceremony for one game (year 2, not sure I would have missed during year 3 and 100% sure I wouldn't have this year). I actually decided that last nights game wasn't worth the drive and was going to wait to see if the Unido game had meaning. Its safe to say I won't be making that drive.

First I wanna say that I don't blame the players whatsoever, I can blame them for certain games if they fuck up or whatever but in reality they were brought in for whatever price they got and go to "work." I can't blame Garcia for being here and sucking the big one for most of his games played, I can blame Mo for bringing him in and I can blame MLSE for giving Mo so much ability and power over the team.

I also think that Daso deserves a shot next season, for the situation he was given we are playing much better, we actually outplayed the top team in the league last night and deserved the win. Additionally those that say we need a complete re-haul again on the roster are oblivious to the reasons we have been an "expansion" team every year. We do need some changes, but we actually have a good team I think, we just had a shitty tactician for the majority of the season.

Back to the main point, I have actually been planning on moving to Toronto for the soul reason of being closer to my beloved TFC. That plan, needless to say has been put on hold. Anselmi's move to "save" season renewals worked for me I have to say. I will be renewing for one more year, if I don't see proper management come in, i'm out. Liverpool, is in taters, yet they still sell out Anfield because of 100 years of history and it being engrained into the lives of there fan's.

There was a time I thought TFC could have that, but needless to say, TFC hasn't been around long enough for that. And I strongly believe MLSE overestimated that. They are going to pay for it in the one place they actually feel it. On the books, they fucked up..... big time.

I forget what thread and who said it but one of the sections had seen I believe it was 73 or 74% hike in season ticket prices. That is absolutely disgusting and I find extremely egotistical of the peice of shit that thought fans would be ok with it.
    Which section was that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure, I have tried finding the post but couldn't, I read alot of threads lol. The only thing that I remember was the % because I couldn't believe it. In all honesty no matter what section it is, its really sad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't it be nice if instead of everyone paying to renew their season tickets, they gave that money to charities that the individual players on the team support.

I may actually do this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo will start his own charity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    DeRo will start his own charity.
    LOL! Well said!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just listened to Anselmi's interview on the FAN and I gotta say I really loathe this guy now. "It's apples and oranges" was his response to the MUFC ticket prices and TFC ticket prices. It technically is right, he in reality things are more expensive in England, not cheaper so those prices are even more skewed, not in the way he wants us to think. Also, sure there stadium holds 3 times as much, but also they pay there players, of which they have alot more, the same amount in a week as we pay our players for a year. AND MLSE DOESN'T EVEN PAY MOST OF OUR SALARY THE LEAGUE DOES.

I think we need to get more drastic with our opinions on the prices. Not violent in away, but more along the lines of what MUFC fans did with the projector on the outer wall of old trafford. We should march like were going to a game down to MLSE headquarters.

Now that I would make the drive for!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do any season ticket holders have the current 2011 prices?

I started a thread awhile back comparing our prices to those around the league. I'd be interested in getting the prices for new subscribers to compare with teams around the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    Please, do not give the supporters any of the North Stands, they are looking fantastic just the way you wanted them...

We are winning 1-0 at this point, and look how great the North Stands looked last night.

Seriously, way to go MLSE...
    Theres ME!!! 1st row 132, all by myself because no one wants to take the free ticket and see the game with me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Theres ME!!! 1st row 132, all by myself because no one wants to take the free ticket and see the game with me.
    sorry dude, but John Stamos said I could sit in with his band and play some tunes. His offer was more interesting than yours.

ps. you have some funny videos

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had feeling this was the inevitability with MLSE running the franchise.

Initially you had a hope that this, this would be different.

But in the end, it's going down the same MLSE path as with their other franchises.

Then Torontonians wonder why citizens of Toronto support other teams other than the Leafs and the Raptors and ultimately, one day, TFC.

Like I said a few days ago, MLSE should stick to building condos.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillos View Post
    Not sure, I have tried finding the post but couldn't, I read alot of threads lol. The only thing that I remember was the % because I couldn't believe it. In all honesty no matter what section it is, its really sad
    Supporter-section tickets in the south stand have increased about 77% since 2007.

You can find a broader article here:
    http://yorkies1812.blogspot.com/2010...ns-league.html

And here:
    http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/09/cash-grab/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Tom Anselmi and Paul Beirne just got a lesson in supply and demand.

I can't wait to see the numbers for the Arabe Unido game. 5,000 is a possibility.
    So it'll look like a FC Dallas game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I had feeling this was the inevitability with MLSE running the franchise.

Initially you had a hope that this, this would be different.

But in the end, it's going down the same MLSE path as with their other franchises.

Then Torontonians wonder why citizens of Toronto support other teams other than the Leafs and the Raptors and ultimately, one day, TFC.

Like I said a few days ago, MLSE should stick to building condos.
    I know this is directed at me...LOL..

F.U. VIC..

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on the waiting list.

I'd love seasons tickets in the south stand.

After seeing this, how many scalpers are going to renew their seasons tickets when they're only going to get face value for them at best?

And then those who really want them can get them.

After the game last night, I asked my seatmate if he still wanted seasons tickets next year.

"Oh yes", was his reply. "I haven't waited for four years to give up now".

Me too.

"...through all of the highs and lows..."
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post

"...through all of the highs and lows..."
    what highs?

I know that a lot of people are considering this Year 5 reboot as the last kick at the can. Some major hurdles have been overcome (field turf and MoJo being the main two) - so if they can't get it right now, then maybe it's just a sign that it will never be right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only HIGH was June 18 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    The only HIGH was June 18 2009
    Motagua home and away, Cruz Azul at home (even getting a point away)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" through all the highs and lows" does not apply here. This is not our team having a losing streak, nor having a winning streak.

We don't support ML$E, we support the Toronto FC team and they are not the morons doing this to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Nah, rainy night in Montreal wins in my beer filled eyes.