Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say that I agree with Paul James.
    DeRo is half the reason I come to games.
    It's exciting when he has the ball, or is setting up for a free kick.
    The Guy is a stud and a winner, and if he had a supporting cast we'd be kicking ass.
    He is a Thoroughbred on a team of mostly mules.

(roogs is going to agree with me in 3....2....1....)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attendance at BMO Field was announced as 10,581, but there couldn't have been more than 5,000 seats occupied at kickoff,
    Yikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing DeRo and a number of others is the only way forward for this team. Paul James is bang on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul James is off on this one. De Rosario for Johnson is a bad deal on our end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Jeff View Post

Attendance at BMO Field was announced as 10,581, but there couldn't have been more than 5,000 seats occupied at kickoff,

Yikes.

Message sent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I think someone is worried their column isn't getting enough readers...

Easy way to do it, say something that'll light a fire under basically everyone...

Honestly, there are some Toronto writers will write anything to get people to read...

If the Leafs had Sidney Crosby & Alex Ovechkin - 10-games into the season, with a 9-0-1 record some writer who doesn't have enough blog hits or facebook comments would write "...Crosby-Ovechkin Not Good Enough - Move'em Burkie..."

DID HE WATCH WILL JOHNSON LAST NIGHT...??? He was terrible...

Like I said, this is not about agreeing with him or not, he's writing this for hits and readers...

If he's watched this season with any interest, this article is clearly a pathetic attempt at attention...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d

dont think dero needs to go he has the most passion on the team so of course is outspoken he just needs a coach he can respect

but mista and guz got to go we need dp's who can make a difference

i cannot believe with a million bucks on the table we cant sign a stiker who can score

last thought - the rest of the team needs to stick together because half of our teams problem is the revolving player door and looking for quick fixes due to pressure from mlse to perform we need to build
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I like about Will Johnson is his desire to compete. He was absolutely pissed at getting taken off! He should have been taken off, but damn, was he angry! He threw a water bottle. Sat at the far end of the bench, and the RSL equipment guy knew enough to stay away from him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James' opinions are hit and miss IMO, but you're right Carts - they're always written in a way that's meant to be controversial etc. to generate interest. He's a smart guy who knows his stuff, he should focus on that an not the sensationalism.

Mikey

Get rid of Dero and keep "the wrong DeGuzman"....? these sports blogs are like assholes in more ways than one. Everyone has one and they can stink....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the team loses DeRo, fans will be even more upset than they already were.

Terrible soccer, ticket price increases have already been a massive hit.

Add in losing your marquee player, and people are left with a hopeless mess.

Anselmi made a serious mistake in keeping on MoJo for another season, when just about everyone outside of the ML$E boardroom could see he was incompetent by the end of year 3.

A second serious mistake was thinking that fans would pay endlessly increasing amounts to see crap play. Soccer is not "Leafs Nation." People have the Premier League/Serie A/etc. to watch. They don't need TFC.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Get rid of Dero and keep "the wrong DeGuzman"....? these sports blogs are like assholes in more ways than one. Everyone has one and they can stink....

You might wanna read that article again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    If the team loses DeRo, fans will be even more upset than they already were.

Terrible soccer, ticket price increases have already been a massive hit.

Add in losing your marquee player, and people are left with a hopeless mess.

Anselmi made a serious mistake in keeping on MoJo for another season, when just about everyone outside of the ML$E boardroom could see he was incompetent by the end of year 3.

A second serious mistake was thinking that fans would pay endlessly increasing amounts to see crap play. Soccer is not "Leafs Nation." People have the Premier League/Serie A/etc. to watch. They don't need TFC.

Some people already know that TFC is crap play..including DeRo and JDG...we go because it's in our town and it's the best that we've got.

As for Leafs Nation.

We most certainly are. Give up your seasons if you don't think you are.

I'm renewing mine...even if they only end up being an investment.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    mornin d

dont think dero needs to go he has the most passion on the team so of course is outspoken he just needs a coach he can respect

but mista and guz got to go we need dp's who can make a difference

i cannot believe with a million bucks on the table we cant sign a stiker who can score

last thought - the rest of the team needs to stick together because half of our teams problem is the revolving player door and looking for quick fixes due to pressure from mlse to perform we need to build
    Totally agree.
    DeRo needs to stay, he's the best player on the pitch.
    And much of the team needs to stay and grow together.
    DP money needs to be freed up and spent on guys that know how to put the ball in the net.

Toronto's biggest problem is scoring goals.... let's fix that and keep the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think DeRo needs to sit down shut up and play. He makes 10 times the average Canadian. His 4 year Contract will produce more money in his pocket then most Canadians make in most of their adult life. If he invested it well, and used it wisely he could be comfortable doing just able anything after he finishes playing football.

The only reason to make him a DP is to give other deserving players more money.

To be honest give us Will Johnson (Canadian content to develop), a Good DP Striker, and a decent DM and we will produce the same result, oh and of course a good winger.. maybe two.

I don't agree or disagree with Paul James on this one, but his Idea could result in a break even without DeRo's piss poor attitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Some people already know that TFC is crap play..including DeRo and JDG...we go because it's in our town and it's the best that we've got.

As for Leafs Nation.

An Investment? You still think it's an investment to buy season's tickets? I've done nothing but lose money this year on games I couldn't attend and in some cases couldn't even give them away for free.

Now if you are in the south end that's a different story, but pretty much anywhere else in the stadium it's highly likely you don't sell your tickets for face value unless it's the Beckham or Henry game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the article, James says trade DeRo for Will Johnson (dropping a huge cap hit) and allocation. Then DROP both our DPs and replace DeRo's goals with 3 new DP's.

So, Will johnson and three new dp's while getting rid of DeGuzman and Mista and of course DeRo(although it sucks) Sounds like it could work.

I've heard way crazier suggestions on this board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People have to remember that DeRo is just 10-14 goals per year that is all he is. The other attributes he displays aren't attributes at all, they're negatives.

If you replace the goals then who cares? I don't. I care about winning.

It would be nice to have Capt'n Canada type guys on this team, but it's far from necessary. We need to win and I promise you MLSE could give a fuck how that is brought about as long as it happens it could be anybody doing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post

As for Leafs Nation.

No, it's not Leafs Nation, it's Jays Nation or Argos Nation.

I feel no need to own seasons tickets, there'll be tickets available to any game I want to go to next year. And the year after.

You're right, seasons tickets are an investment - we give them the money up front and they use it to build the team. We did that for four years and it didn't work.

Now it feels like an investment in Blockbuster Video stoes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    An Investment? You still think it's an investment to buy season's tickets? I've done nothing but lose money this year on games I couldn't attend and in some cases couldn't even give them away for free.

Now if you are in the south end that's a different story, but pretty much anywhere else in the stadium it's highly likely you don't sell your tickets for face value unless it's the Beckham or Henry game.
    If it makes you feel any better I couldn't move an extra pair in the south end I had for last nights game. Which is pretty telling about the state of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Read the article, James says trade DeRo for Will Johnson (dropping a huge cap hit) and allocation. Then DROP both our DPs and replace DeRo's goals with 3 new DP's.

So, Will johnson and three new dp's while getting rid of DeGuzman and Mista and of course DeRo(although it sucks) Sounds like it could work.

I've heard way crazier suggestions on this board.
    This assumes that RSL would trade Johnson and allocation for DeRo, assumes that JDG can be dropped (its my understanding that he can't), and assumes that we can find three productive DP's.

We could follow James's suggested course of action and end up with three Mistas...making us much worse off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People have to remember that DeRo is just 10-14 goals per year that is all he is.
    He's the best goal scorer we've ever had. The only legitmate scoring threat we've had in 4 years. Double digit scorers aren't exactly easy to find in MLS.

Is he the greatest player? No, but take out his contribution and I don't even want to know where TFC would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can drop DeGuzman if you pay him out. You can get good DPs if you pay them. As for DeRo.. maybe you don't get Will Johnson but it's fair to say you could get a very good MLS player for him from someone.

it just takes a bunch of $$$$$$$$$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    He's the best goal scorer we've ever had. The only legitmate scoring threat we've had in 4 years. Double digit scorers aren't exactly easy to find in MLS.

Is he the greatest player? No, but take out his contribution and I don't even want to know where TFC would be.
    We wouldn't be looking to replace his goals within the MLS. James suggests 3 DPs to replace the goals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People have to remember that DeRo is just 10-14 goals per year that is all he is. The other attributes he displays aren't attributes at all, they're negatives.

If you replace the goals then who cares? I don't. I care about winning.

It would be nice to have Capt'n Canada type guys on this team, but it's far from necessary. We need to win and I promise you MLSE could give a fuck how that is brought about as long as it happens it could be anybody doing it.
    So, for a team that can barely score goals, you suggest we get rid of the only guy who can actually score them? "The other attributes he displays aren't attributes at all." Last time i checked, you need to score goals to win games, and DeRo wins games on his own.

Did you see De Guzman's horrible distribution of the ball? Imagine if DeRo didn't have to go back to his own end of the field to collect the ball, and actually had some midfielders who could supply him and the other attackers with service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    So, for a team that can barely score goals, you suggest we get rid of the only guy who can actually score them? "The other attributes he displays aren't attributes at all." Last time i checked, you need to score goals to win games, and DeRo wins games on his own.

Did you see De Guzman's horrible distribution of the ball? Imagine if DeRo didn't have to go back to his own end of the field to collect the ball, and actually had some midfielders who could supply him and the other attackers with service.
    No, I suggested that Paul James suggested that we REPLACE his goals with 3 DPs. Could everyone pleeeease stop acting as if this is impossible.

There are 15 other teams in this league that score goals without Dwayne DeRosario. Geez.

Edit: That Wodolonski (sic) dude from San Jose who makes 50K has 12 goals for them...see! amazing isn't it?
    Last edited by Pigfynn; 09-29-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Did you see De Guzman's horrible distribution of the ball?
    About as often as I saw his team mates horrible off the ball movement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't followed Johnson enough to know if this is a good idea or not but I do like the idea of three new DP's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    About as often as I saw his team mates horrible off the ball movement

Touche...6 of one But he's not even hitting open spots let alone open players. I did appreciate his ability to stay on his feet when under pressure (gulp).

As for the 3 DP's to replace DeRo. I have no faith that MLSE will bring in the right personnel. They will bring in three "names" to sell tickets but bring nothing to the product on the field. We've seen this movie before.

When people read Paul James' articles, you should take it with a grain of salt, since he has an axe to grind with CMNT players. Especially the players he coached early on.