View Poll Results: Should we pay DeRosario more to stay with TFC

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, where can I send my ticket price increase?

135 48.56%
  • No, don't let the door hit you in the ass you selfish twat

143 51.44%
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Look we all live in the real world where some people (many people?) make more than you do whether they deserve it or not. Some of these people say stupid things. It doesn't necessarily reflect on their character...
    I'm an unemployed student in debt. I'm usually responding to "these people" on the RPB forums. All you guys make more than me and based on everyone's comments none of you guys deserve it

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Paul James is talking out of his ass.

De Rosario wasn't even on that 2003 Gold Cup team.
    I was referring to what jloome posted here, rather than what Paul James said.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    I was referring to what jloome posted here, rather than what Paul James said.
    Still. De Rosario wasn't part of the Holger coup.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought jloome and Paul James were talking about the 2001 Confederations Cup in Japan which DeRo was a part of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I thought jloome and Paul James were talking about the 2001 Confederations Cup in Japan which DeRo was a part of.
    That would be it. Can't remember which side Jimmy B was on, but he was on that team too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on DeRo for manning up though, much respect. I figure he keeps the armband, with that little show of humility.

But maybe not. Don't think they'll shake it up until next year though, if they do.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard more than a few people screaming variations of "Go sign another cheque, you fucking cunt" at Dero last night when he screwed up on a play.

I would suggest the timing of his apology is less than coincidental, even if he doesn't give a shit about the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Good on DeRo for manning up though, much respect. I figure he keeps the armband, with that little show of humility.

But maybe not. Don't think they'll shake it up until next year though, if they do.
    He'll probably keep it because 1. he had it all season 2. nobody from the club even suggested removing it 3. there aren't any other leaders / captains on this club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    He'll probably keep it because 1. he had it all season 2. nobody from the club even suggested removing it 3. there aren't any other leaders / captains on this club
    I'm sure Frei could be a good captain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very easy to apologise.

He showed his true character with that display and I've lost all respect for him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The situation with Holger and Mitchell are similar, both were off the team by the time the Manager was sacked.

Holger was an excellent manager, but in Canadian soccer you need to treat everyone with kid gloves and give oranges at half, guys like DeRo dont like that.

He apologized, but he's still not DP worthy.

Funny, this apology comes several days after he said he stood by his action. A little forced? Uh huh?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see DeRo did the right thing, and apologized for it. Apologies from athletes always ring kind of hollow to me, but I think DeRo is a good guy at heart. The matter is closed, as far as I'm concerned.

As for what Roogsy and CB said in response to my last marathon post several pages ago -I'm done. My posts are getting longer and longer, we are getting absolutely nowhere, and I'm getting frustrated with what I'm seeing as pretty blatant mischaracterizations of my arguments.

I can't waste another entire afternoon doing this. I just don't care enough.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I can't waste another entire afternoon doing this. I just don't care enough.
    Are you beginning to look like your avatar?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Are you beginning to look like your avatar?
    What can I say. I'm an angry guy.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    DeRo is apologizing on the Fan 590 right now. He says he apologized to his teammates.
    The article if anyone is interested (haven't read the last 3 pages, sorry if it's there already).

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/09...assion-remains

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Archive of the Fan590 interview (also discusses coaching issues as well as D$Ro apologizing).

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...29_140337_9388
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC still believe that they can make the playoffs?
    really?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Archive of the Fan590 interview (also discusses coaching issues as well as D$Ro apologizing).

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...29_140337_9388
    this sounds like remorse, not realization.
    i think he was expecting the fanbase to be behind him 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad Dero apologized. Nothing else to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is more pressure on TFC players than any other set of players in this league. This is why good players fail here.

Being a top professional requires the ability to deal with this pressure. MLS players are not top quality.

I have just figured everything out. You're welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're wondering what that has to do with this thread well... I was listening to DeRo apologize for "the gesture" and I was thinking about how if Kai Kamara or Ryan Johnson had done this, you'd have to be a detective to find 1) the story about it in the local media 2) the sanctioned apology a few days later in the media.

Here it matters more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I think about the less I agree with giving De Ro a DP deal...

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...-go-for-de-ro/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he should be the highest paid player on the team, he is the most valuable here - that said - I don't think he should get a raise

He just signed this contract (last year), and he's on the wrong side of 32...he makes over 400k...I'd say he's adequately compensated. He's not as valuable to any other MLS team - except, crucially, Vancouver...

We suck with him, if he left, we'd still suck...

Looks like we'd be better off with addition by subtraction, once more...bye bye higher wage earners...

Then would he be happy?

I do understand his frustration though - he's proved himself over and over again, and MLSE keeps throwing stupid money at people who have proven nothing in a TFC uni - I'd be pissed too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ You came to the party a couple weeks too late buddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    ^ You came to the party a couple weeks too late buddy
    There's no time limit on these things. He's allowed to give his opinion...

I've said my peace or 2-cents after threads have hit 5-8-10 pages without reading them all...

Especially post-game threads, you look down, grab a beer, and BAM 3-pages of replies LOL...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So DeRo thinks he deserves more money because he's been scoring goals? The only way you get more money is if you help the team win and produce a good product. Sadly he couldn't do that and he clearly can't motivate other players as the captain. This team has come out numerous times with the wrong attitude and ended up losing.

I personally wouldn't be upset if TFC could trade his rights for someone with some character. His apology means absolutely nothing. The guy has shown he's only playing for himself and not for the team. For a Captain to go out and do something like that is completely unacceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRosario must join Chris Bosh, elsewhere. He is a team cancer, yes he produces, but he does not respect what it means to be the Captain of the team. What he did can't be taken back, everyone else is playing it down right not from DeRo to TFC Management. In order for this team to move forward you need everyone on the team to play hard. Barrett has earned more respect this season with his hard play then any other player. He is an excellent Captain material in my opinion. We need to use DeRosario to our advantage and swing a trade where we get some good value in return. Trade him for Johnson, he is an excellent midfielder. Get rid of DeGuzman and Mista while we are at it and start over with the DP's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Poll, which DeRosario goal celebration do TFC fans like the most. A) The DeRo Chicken Dance, or B) Show me the Money?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ How about the one where he picks up the ball from the back of the net and sprints back to centre?

Oh yeah, I forgot. He doesn't do that one anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sampace View Post
    DeRosario must join Chris Bosh, elsewhere. He is a team cancer, yes he produces, but he does not respect what it means to be the Captain of the team. What he did can't be taken back, everyone else is playing it down right not from DeRo to TFC Management. In order for this team to move forward you need everyone on the team to play hard. Barrett has earned more respect this season with his hard play then any other player. He is an excellent Captain material in my opinion. We need to use DeRosario to our advantage and swing a trade where we get some good value in return. Trade him for Johnson, he is an excellent midfielder. Get rid of DeGuzman and Mista while we are at it and start over with the DP's.
    I think this is ridiculously harsh. You really think the team is unable to get past a short moment of ill-advised selfishness from DeRo? Really?

Whether you think DeRo is captain material is a fair debate in my opinion, but you can't say the guy doesn't play hard.

- Scott