View Poll Results: Should we pay DeRosario more to stay with TFC

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, where can I send my ticket price increase?

135 48.56%
  • No, don't let the door hit you in the ass you selfish twat

143 51.44%
Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dero "I deserve more"

Dero's little cheque signing display after he scored today was done in order to tell Management that he should be a DP.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...i-deserve-more

Personally, I do not think that he is DP material. I mean, Casey isn't a DP, Wondo isn't a DP, Joseph isn't a DP, Buddle isn't a DP, Cunningham isn't a DP. This display is not becoming of our captain.

Dero should be traded or stripped of his armband for this BS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo is better than those players you mention IMO. If Mista and JDG get DP money, then why can't DeRo? Also, he was promised by our former GM he will get DP money when he signed with Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldn't this be that "DeRo deserves butter?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    DeRo is better than those players you mention IMO. If Mista and JDG get DP money, then why can't DeRo? Also, he was promised by our former GM he will get DP money when he signed with Toronto.
    I would take Buddle over Dero any day of the week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's just pissing us off, but maybe he thinks we're on his side. I just don't understand how someone who has been in this league as long as he has been thinks he's DP.

Plus, it's not like he's making 40k a year. If someone payed me 440K a year to play a sport I love I'd take it hands down no complaining.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I would take Buddle over Dero any day of the week.

This is what the conversation has deteriorated to.

Too bad we never had Buddle on our team huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    He's just pissing us off, but maybe he thinks we're on his side. I just don't understand how someone who has been in this league as long as he has been thinks he's DP.

Plus, it's not like he's making 40k a year. If someone payed me 440K a year to play a sport I love I'd take it hands down no complaining.
    I agree, if La Liga and BPL teams were knocking on the door for him, I would say lets make him a DP to keep him happy, but its not the case.

He think's he's as good as Landon Donovan, but he is mistaken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might have been a reaction to the NEE signs with dollar signs on them and him not understanding their meaning (a bit foolish).

I think he is appropriately paid. Sure he should be paid more in comparison to Mista & de Guzman, but the real question is lets say he was a free agent right now, would there be any team willing to give him more right this moment? I don't see many teams offering as much as he gets let alone giving him more.

The other question I have is, if we gave him more $$$, can we ask him to aslo take a paycut should his performance not be up to standard...it has to work two ways.

With that being said, de Guz & Mista are over paid. de Guz is worth 335k, DeRo - 425k, and Mista 240k

maybe this can lead to a new thread

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC were a soap opera, it would be pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this the reason MLSE is gouging the fans next year - to pay for Dero's salary increase. Me, Naive?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Rosario is the only person in this entire organization who has lived up to expectations. He is the only person who has made substantive contributions on the pitch. He is the only player who has ever come through in the clutch.

I think its more of a statement against JDG and Mista.

Nobody does as much for this team as DeRo does and he deserves to be compensated thusly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, if La Liga and BPL teams were knocking on the door for him, I would say lets make him a DP to keep him happy, but its not the case.

Donovan makes 2mill a year. Is DeRo 1/4th the player?

Is JDG as good as Donovan? Their salaries are quite similar.

When you put it in these terms, DeRo's gripes make more sense to me. That's why I have been so biased in his favour. I know his contract situation has been eating at him all season long. And yet her performed for us more than we could have possibly asked him. And we can't be understanding of a gesture to management? Shoot...WE were pissed at a $100 hike in our tickets and have been screaming and yelling for days. NEE put up signs. We had our own banner. People are talking protests! But DeRo sends a quick message to management about his own frustration as well and we're ready to lynch him. Geez...this crowd is hypocritical.

Donovan is an interesting player because in my opinion, he is probably the best player the US has seen in a long time and the main reason for the Galaxy's success over the past few years. He is also the reason Buddle can score, making this arguments about DeRo all the more interconnected because there are some (hilarious) posts referring to a preference for Buddle over DeRo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE is charging more because they figure you are entertained for two hours a week watching soccer, then the rest of the week following their soap opera of an organization. They gotta charge you for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRos compensation is not fair based on the salaries of the others on the team.

Heathen

What's the BPL?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ brantford premier league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here I thought the Leafs were the downfall of MLSE. The events of the past week are crazy!! MLSE is taking it up the......in the PR department.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Life isn't fair. But this is what you get when you negotiate a 4 year deal. Sometimes you come out ahead - sometimes you don't. Both MLSE/MLS bet that they would get an ROI on their commitment. Turns out that they did. Dero is pissed that he didn't negotiate better. I would be too. But unless he is willing to leave (ask for a trade) - then he isn't in a very good bargaining position.

In a salary cap and DP limit situation, why would you offer more?

I think that he is asking the fans to do his PR. But if he really wants more $ then he should demonstrate that he is willing to move for it. That might force MLSE's hand.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    De Rosario is the only person in this entire organization who has lived up to expectations. He is the only person who has made substantive contributions on the pitch. He is the only player who has ever come through in the clutch.

I think its more of a statement against JDG and Mista.

Nobody does as much for this team as DeRo does and he deserves to be compensated thusly.
    Yeah, but you don't bitch about it in public.

It's not the first time he's done this. See the interview last season.

There's a reason why TFC hasn't won anything. A true measure of a successful athlete is how he/she responds to adversity. When everything is going well, no one complains. But these guys as soon as they face any problems, they point fingers at one another, bitch and complain.

Now at time when everything is in shambles you have a guy tossing another hand grenade in the pile?

As Auzzy said best, if TFC were a reality TV show they'd win an Emmy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Donovan makes 2mill a year. Is DeRo 1/4th the player?

Is JDG as good as Donovan? Their salaries are quite similar.

When you put it in these terms, DeRo's gripes make more sense to me. That's why I have been so biased in his favour. I know his contract situation has been eating at him all season long. And yet her performed for us more than we could have possibly asked him. And we can't be understanding of a gesture to management? Shoot...WE were pissed at a $100 hike in our tickets and have been screaming and yelling for days. NEE put up signs. We had our own banner. People are talking protests! But DeRo sends a quick message to management about his own frustration as well and we're ready to lynch him. Geez...this crowd is hypocritical.

Donovan is an interesting player because in my opinion, he is probably the best player the US has seen in a long time and the main reason for the Galaxy's success over the past few years. He is also the reason Buddle can score, making this arguments about DeRo all the more interconnected because there are some (hilarious) posts referring to a preference for Buddle over DeRo.
    Point taken on Buddle.

I will agree that JDG and Mista do not deserve the money they make, but Dero has a low football IQ, he is forever offside and forever trying to go through 4 guys when he should pass the ball. Maybe I am just bias against him because I cant stant his style of play. I do however, respect his work ethic. He gives 100% every game. Alot more than can be said about JDG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my story on Dero:
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/stor...-contract.html

John Molinaro
    CBCSports.ca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    DeRos compensation is not fair based on the salaries of the others on the team.
    Yeah, compared to Cann, Gargan and Attakora he's tremendously overpaid.

After the cheque signing BS, I can see those three guys thinking to themselves "F.U. Asshole. I bust my ass too, and I wanna get paid but maybe we should try to get a result here". Great leadership.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If DeRo feels he deserves more, maybe TFC should let him walk and see if he can get with another MLS team.

I mean, doesn't he make the most a non-DP can make in the MLS?

Will he hold out prior to the start of the next training camp in order to get it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Yeah, compared to Cann, Gargan and Attakora he's tremendously overpaid.

After the cheque signing BS, I can see those three guys thinking to themselves "F.U. Asshole. I bust my ass too, and I wanna get paid but maybe we should try to get a result here". Great leadership.
    I would add Frei to that list too!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will agree that JDG and Mista do not deserve the money they make, but Dero has a low football IQ, he is forever offside and forever trying to go through 4 guys when he should pass the ball. Maybe I am just bias against him because I cant stant his style of play. I do however, respect his work ethic. He gives 100% every game. Alot more than can be said about JDG.

Can't disagree much although I do think it isn't his football IQ as much as a degree of tunnel-vision. His offsides do drive me nuts though. As do the airballs.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Regardless, personally TFC is back at square one where they should just blow the whole thing up and start over.

Kind of like those expansion days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I think I’ve showed my commitment to this team, to this city and to this franchise, and it’s time for them to show me some commitment as well,"
    Good luck DeRo. We've been here for four years and we're still waiting for the club to respect our commitment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Good luck DeRo. We've been here for four years and we're still waiting for the club to respect our commitment.

Oh crap...he's in trouble.

TFC fans have been taking it dry for 4 seasons now. He may be ill-equipped to deal with the greedy monster he's decided to go up against.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    If DeRo feels he deserves more, maybe TFC should let him walk and see if he can get with another MLS team.

I mean, doesn't he make the most a non-DP can make in the MLS?

Will he hold out prior to the start of the next training camp in order to get it?
    Exactly what I was thinking. Offer him a full release/buyout from his $400k+ contract and let him test the market.

You wanna right your own cheques buddy? Go for it. The world is yours Dwayne.

I bet he shuts up real quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think DeRo has a low football IQ, I think he lacks confidence in most of his teammates and as a result tries to do too much himself. I kinda don't blame him.