View Poll Results: Will you be dropping ANY of your season's tickets?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 43.89%
  • No

100 33.00%
  • Unsure

70 23.10%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relocating three in 220 to the South End. Hopefully there will be some available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    His personal financial situation has nothing to do with whether the tickets are generally affordable or not. So it's unfortunate for him, but not a problem TFC should be worried about. But Cash made no such argument. Others will, I'm sure.
    I'm all right Jack!

Cant afford it? hahahahahahahaha stupid poor people!

Easy solution! don't be poor. I'm not why should anybody else be?

BMO's better off without the peasants anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I'm sure you all know, but this is how scalpers get their tickets. You're all giving up yours and they'll scoop them up. When it comes time that TFC get their act together and are winning, you won't have your seats and then you'll really be complaining about the price you have to pay to get in the stadium.
    Scalpers WON'T be buying up any of the more expensive seats...that's for certain..they took a bath on most games this year, and with demand falling probably 25-35% they'll not risk it....the Supporters Sections will be bought up by people moving from other more expensive sections...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    BMO's better off without the peasants anyway.
    If Premiership clubs had turned their backs on the working class 4 years into their existence, there wouldn't be a Premiership today....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    If Premiership clubs had turned their backs on the working class 4 years into their existence, there wouldn't be a Premiership today....
    That's an interesting point. The problem we have here is that the Maple Leafs did turn their backs on the working class and it's worked out okay for them.

Funny, though, the tickets with the least demand at BMO now are the most expensive ones and there are now ads on TV trying to sell corporate boxes for the Leafs and Raptors so it sure looks like this attempt to move to more expensive customers might not continue to work.

It will be very funny to watch MLSE come back, hat in hand, trying to win back supporters.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to put apples to apples on that, when premiership teams focused on the the working class they had the ability to cram lots more people in.

Economics changed with the seating, but your point still has value in my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you didnt take my post as anything but sarcasm, I'm more than aware of the fact that the working class made most premiership soccer teams as succesful as they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont agree that MLSE is being run like a business...at least not a well run business. Its being run like a corporation with a bunch of employees aka non owners making short sighted decisions because they get rewarded for YOY growth, and not absolute profit. It actually hurts them to do exceptionally well in one year ie make the playoffs and go on a run...because while they get paid handsomely that one year, it sets much higher expectations for the following year which they likely cant deliver. This is one of the advantages of private and closely held businesses because those guys care about profit and less so about YOY revenue growth.

What bugs me personally is that there is an element of arrogance that irritates me about these yahoos. I really want this club to succeed but their attitudes makes me want it to fail to show them how truly ignorant they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you didnt take my post as anything but sarcasm, I'm more than aware of the fact that the working class made most premiership soccer teams as succesful as they are.
    I was agreeing with you and furthering your point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, but I was at Stamford bridge last year and let me tell you that it is not for the working class anymore and from what I was told by a couple of people is that the big 4/5 are pricing the working class out of games

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    Just to put apples to apples on that, when premiership teams focused on the the working class they had the ability to cram lots more people in.

Premier league started after manditory all seater stadiums in england. just sayin. People seem to think Premier league stadiums are like NFL. nothing close, 5-6 big stadiums, but most are between 25-32 thousand

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Agreed, but I was at Stamford bridge last year and let me tell you that it is not for the working class anymore and from what I was told by a couple of people is that the big 4/5 are pricing the working class out of games

yeah but you need to understand region for this. Chelsea is rich, a lot of the people in Chelsea are richer than others. Fulham is the commoners club in the area, and while not super cheap, they are cheaper than Chelsea. If there was a poor persons football club in Toronto i could watch I'd be there in a second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be downgrading.. My seats in 222 have gone up 8% to over 3100.00 for the season... That's just crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    yeah but you need to understand region for this. Chelsea is rich, a lot of the people in Chelsea are richer than others. Fulham is the commoners club in the area, and while not super cheap, they are cheaper than Chelsea. If there was a poor persons football club in Toronto i could watch I'd be there in a second.

Good point, but it's unlikely any ownership would think there's a market for a poor persons club. They can't give away tickets to the Marlies, which would be what they see as a poor persons club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post

Lots of things have changed so it's impossible to make an honest comparison, but when they had terraces that could be packed the games weren't on TV either...they were turning people away at the gate, but didn't use that as an excuse (or reason) to jack up the prices. They understood that making their product as affordable as possible for the most number of people would guarantee their long terms success...raising ticket prices would have made them more money (short term anyway) but it would have also driven away half their fan base. It was better to have people competing for cheap tickets than to gouge the small number of people who could afford it.

In early days, the growth of the game depended on that philosophy. In Leeds (for example ) there was rugby and cricket to compete with, so having the widest possible fan base was far more important than short term profits. The team wouldn't have lasted 10 years if it chose to cash in on a small minority of fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mlse are pigs that rape me with irreverence and greed.
    They can make money - even when they lose money.
    To charge me now for for two group stage CONCACACF games next year - assuming TFC make it - is like stealing my money, making interest off it - and essentially actually giving me nothing yet in return because if tfc dont make it, they will "credit" my account, therefore never missing a penny.

I hate those pigs and how they dont even give you a free tshirt for your floundered investment over the years.

No other company i know has been so easily unapologetic in failure, and blatantly thieving.

barf.
    Last edited by P-NUTZ; 09-22-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chelsea are a pretty unique example, a small-ish club being bought by a billionaire who's spent like mad etc. at a time when the neighbourhood itself has become wealthy. Fulham and QPR have both benefitted from Chelsea's decision to go posh.

An average working person can still get an affordable ticket to 'big clubs' like Spurs etc.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    They want to price the the supporters out. Ive said that since day one.

Then they're doing a poor job of it.

Supporters seats are $20, red seats are over $70 per game, dark greys over $50.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSL MAtty. . . I'll be watching a lot of games next year.

Still cant get over the media, fans ect surprise at the prices.
    RESULTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU PAY!!!
    this ios MLSE one of the most successful sports ownership groups on teh freakin planet.
    how ANYONE is takenn aback by this and think anything they do or say willeffect it is beyond me. I was expecting this.

Why in their right fucking mind would MLSE NOT charge more?
    In my own business if I could charge more.. god damn right I would.
    If you dont renew. fine there are others to replace you.
    the commercfial interests of the club will always be more important then what goes on the field or what you, joe 6 pack think.

$20 - $50 for a day out at the park is not a lot to pay.

DEAL WITH IT.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    Then they're doing a poor job of it.

Supporters seats are $20, red seats are over $70 per game, dark greys over $50.
    actually they're $60 & $66 per game (apparently there are premium teams to watch on the MLS) ... but your point is well taken, those people are pay 3 times as much to watch the same shit!
    Last edited by Suds; 09-22-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Gixmo

I will only be renewing on a single, full season ride if I can get it at the price I want.. Otherwise the ticket exchange is a worthwhile cause!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am more pissed about the mandatory inclusion of the MLS Cup than about the very minor price increase.

$20 per game per ticket isn't that bad. But why am I forced to buy the cup tickets? What does that have to do with the 2011 Season for TFC? It's not like TFC will be anywhere near the damn thing.

Stop marketing atmosphere and start putting a god damn team on the field that can play and you'll sell out the MLS Cup because you'll be there, you morons!
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chelsea are a pretty unique example, a small-ish club being bought by a billionaire who's spent like mad etc. at a time when the neighbourhood itself has become wealthy. Fulham and QPR have both benefitted from Chelsea's decision to go posh.

An average working person can still get an affordable ticket to 'big clubs' like Spurs etc.
    For the most part, I find the English comparison to be meaningless. London clubs compete with each other for fans: if there were two teams instead of 5 (or 6 with QPR), they would have more leeway to raise prices. Here we have a much larger population close to BMO than either Manchester or Liverpool, and no league rival within a 400 mile radius.

Doesn't justify the price we pay, but comparisons to EPL aren't apples to apples

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post

So how much would it cost to start a USL club in Toronto?
    That could be our "poor mans club".
    It sure would make things exciting in the city to have a local rival.

Jim Balsillie likes sports, including soccer.
    And I'm sure he has no love for MLSE.
    Anyone have his phone number?
    Maybe he'd like to start a rival club.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yeah it would still be Ballsillie vs MLSE. I can't see that happening. Pick a CSL team and soon it will be a nationwide league. USL is in tatters anyway.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

our very own version of FCUM!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cheapest seasons there I see are £680 ... though the £280 for seniors and £270 for kids is very impressive. Fulham is more reasonable though, starting at £399 ... or £95 for kids under 17. The clubs also sell away seasons packages ... probably not something we'll see in MLS anytime soon!

Even outside of the football league though, ticket prices are still more than we were paying a couple of years ago. I'm looking at Newport County which is in the Football Conference (5th level) and even their season tickets go for £260.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Mexico View Post
    Some people come from a long way out, for me it costs me $30 in fuel for my truck, $10 for parking, $55 for the ticket, $30 in concessions = $125/game = $2,250

It's not just the $20 dollar ticket for many of us, and if the ticket isn't priced low it pushes those of us commuting from out of town out of the picture.
    I fear this may be the case for many of us "75 Mile Bastards".
    The increase in ticket prices along with the other rising costs of attending "from away" (gas, accomodation etc...) coupled with the loss of atmosphere due to a bad on-field product and unhappy supporters around the field means that you start to question the return on your financial investment.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Scalpers WON'T be buying up any of the more expensive seats...that's for certain..they took a bath on most games this year, and with demand falling probably 25-35% they'll not risk it....the Supporters Sections will be bought up by people moving from other more expensive sections...
    You mean the scalpers moving from more expensive seats don't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post

Still cant get over the media, fans ect surprise at the prices.
    RESULTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU PAY!!!
    this ios MLSE one of the most successful sports ownership groups on teh freakin planet.
    how ANYONE is takenn aback by this and think anything they do or say willeffect it is beyond me. I was expecting this.

Why in their right fucking mind would MLSE NOT charge more?
    In my own business if I could charge more.. god damn right I would.
    If you dont renew. fine there are others to replace you.
    the commercfial interests of the club will always be more important then what goes on the field or what you, joe 6 pack think.

$20 - $50 for a day out at the park is not a lot to pay.

DEAL WITH IT.
    Yes Giles, $20 - $50 a game is no big deal, its just harder to find the money when the total expense includes games we havent qualified for and a cup final we have no chance of reaching.

It's nice that they'll refund the Concacaf games if we dont qualify, its also nice they get to sit on the interest for 8 months, while Im trying to support two kids and keep a business afloat.

Truth is, if we dont qualify (and its 50/50 isnt it?) I'll get that refund as a credit on next years tickets which will also be over inflated, so I wont really feel like I got the money back.

The cup final ticket is getting scalped if there is enough demand.