View Poll Results: Will you be dropping ANY of your season's tickets?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 43.89%
  • No

100 33.00%
  • Unsure

70 23.10%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Value is the key word here. "Great Value" is another way of saying "Lower Profit".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BOYCOTT THE MLS CUP!

SCREW MLSE!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    My anger has really biq turned to sadness....that all our efforts and support over the past few years has come down to this...being priced out of the club. Who would've thought that on the day we celebrated Danny's first goal at BMO?
    Bingo. Anger turning into sadness at the state everything is in - the league position, the ticket prices, the squad balance, the coaching position, the constant revolving doors for players and staff, the mood among the fan base...

It's really quite tragic what MLSE has done with the shiny, exciting new venture they unearthed in 2006/7.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I gotta admit, for me it's still mostly anger.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Why don't you explain it to me?

I find it fascinating that people in the south end value themselves so highly.
    "It's all ruined IF I CANNOT ATTEND!" Well, if you cannot attend, it doesn't matter then right? You'll be doing other things while the rest of us are watching TFC.

I also find it fascinating that people in the south end can't afford $20 a game. The "upward spiral" argument is irrelevant for 2011 tickets. If you cannot afford $20 a game you got bigger problems.
    Some people come from a long way out, for me it costs me $30 in fuel for my truck, $10 for parking, $55 for the ticket, $30 in concessions = $125/game = $2,250

It's not just the $20 dollar ticket for many of us, and if the ticket isn't priced low it pushes those of us commuting from out of town out of the picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd hate to completely give up on this club, and I hope that others do not feel the same way. Yes, a message should be given to the club, but quite frankly it's more likely to come from casual fans who sit in the more expensive seats. Trust me, no MLSE exec will care one bit if one of us give up our cheap seats (and I don't want to give up my south-end ticket just for a scalper to grab it up). It's when the red seats aren't sold out that MLSE will start to worry.. And this is happening. Hopefully it will inspire change from the very top - and they will understand that they need to run the club in a different way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    From my perspective its not about $500 and whether people can afford it or not. That is a personal decision on how people wish to choose their limited funds.

I think the real issue that most people who bought tickets early, took a risk on a team that many thought would fail. And now their loyalty is being rewarded by constant price increases every year...with the clear objective to make those seats close to $750 very soon. At least thats my opionion.

On a relative basis to the other prices in the stadium, supporter seats are cheap and MLSE is not going to allow someone to get value for their money...so this will only get worse.

This!

The whole argument of "dude, $500 is cheap I can't believe you can't afford it" is pathetic. You know what? I drop more on a nice dinner with my wife than it costs me to renew my seat in the south end. Yes, I can afford it, but just because I can afford it doesn't mean TFC should intentionally try to screw me out of it. Tickets in MLS should be comparable to others in the league and higher priced tickets should be found on teams that are actually successful.

Anselmi's whole argument of why ticket prices are justifed at these levels is the whole "supply and demand" argument. Well...until he gets a lesson in "don't look a gifthorse in the mouth", he won't learn. So this isn't about whether I can afford $500, this is about me telling Anselmi his arrogant attitude of "we are going to charge our fans every stinking penny we can" is over and that we are going to give him a lesson first-hand about his beloved supply and demand theory because us fans have been living it for 2 years. Supply and demand? They've forced us to buy more tickets than we have to and made us have to decide whether being in this arrangement is worth it anymore. What we do know is that there is MUCH less demand for tickets than Anselmi thinks there is from up there in the ivory tower, he's just managed to squeeze as much cash from the dedicated fans whose love for the team has made them step up and support the system. Well that dedication is wavering and that apparent demand is going to come down crumbling before his eyes. And then we'll see if he steps up to the mike again and admits that the significant decline in ticket renewals was also due to a lack of demand over supply, mostly done by his own doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Why don't you explain it to me?

I find it fascinating that people in the south end value themselves so highly.
    "It's all ruined IF I CANNOT ATTEND!" Well, if you cannot attend, it doesn't matter then right? You'll be doing other things while the rest of us are watching TFC.

I also find it fascinating that people in the south end can't afford $20 a game. The "upward spiral" argument is irrelevant for 2011 tickets. If you cannot afford $20 a game you got bigger problems.
    I find it fascinating that you believe you know everything there is to know about people's personal finances and economic situations.

You must be like the Amazing Kreskin or something. It's really quite impressive.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-22-2010 at 08:06 AM. Reason: personal attack
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well said Cash. Rocker, what the fuck's wrong with you dude?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone actually tried to split up their tickets to renew only partially on account manager? Mine won't let me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ball View Post
    Has anyone actually tried to split up their tickets to renew only partially on account manager? Mine won't let me.
    I think you have to contact your account rep to do that.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    This!

The whole argument of "dude, $500 is cheap I can't believe you can't afford it" is pathetic. You know what? I drop more on a nice dinner with my wife than it costs me to renew my seat in the south end. Yes, I can afford it, but just because I can afford it doesn't mean TFC should intentionally try to screw me out of it. Tickets in MLS should be comparable to others in the league and higher priced tickets should be found on teams that are actually successful.

Anselmi's whole argument of why ticket prices are justifed at these levels is the whole "supply and demand" argument. Well...until he gets a lesson in "don't look a gifthorse in the mouth", he won't learn. So this isn't about whether I can afford $500, this is about me telling Anselmi his arrogant attitude of "we are going to charge our fans every stinking penny we can" is over and that we are going to give him a lesson first-hand about his beloved supply and demand theory because us fans have been living it for 2 years. Supply and demand? They've forced us to buy more tickets than we have to and made us have to decide whether being in this arrangement is worth it anymore. What we do know is that there is MUCH less demand for tickets than Anselmi thinks there is from up there in the ivory tower, he's just managed to squeeze as much cash from the dedicated fans whose love for the team has made them step up and support the system. Well that dedication is wavering and that apparent demand is going to come down crumbling before his eyes. And then we'll see if he steps up to the mike again and admits that the significant decline in ticket renewals was also due to a lack of demand over supply, mostly done by his own doing.
    Yup... that whole "supply and demand" comment really pissed me off.
    It is such a Scrooge thing to say.
    In three simple words he has made it clear that he does not care about the fans that have been here since year one.
    He does not believe in loyalty, respect, or being appreciative of the support from Toronto fans.
    He does not see us... he sees dollar signs.
    Business is one thing... but greed is another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This!

Well Said Sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2300.00 To renew my seats. I think I’m going to down grade them but I’m in accessible seating will I be able to move to the top of the south end not sure how that works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember the good old days, when everyone exclaimed "I'm not a Leafs fan, they will never push me around like that. Besides, we(supporters)are too important to the team anyway, they wouldn't dare!"

The line in the sand has been drawn. Do you pony up for failure or move your soccer dollars elsewhere?

For anyone like Cash, you could pay $500 for a single south end season ticket, or you could get season tickets for the whole family at any CSL club and still have a couple hundred bucks leftover. Living in Toronto, there are enough clubs that you can choose which one you like the most instead of being stuck with a monopoly of perennial ineptitude. As an added bonus, you actually get to see players that put forth effort!

I know this sounds like a blatant add for the CSL, but if you do not want to spend ridiculous sums of money, the option is there. Check out your local side, the season is drawing to an end and the title chase is epic right now. If you like what you see plop down the big $70-$100 next spring.

Cheers,
    Alex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note to Cashcleaner....the tix to the MLS Cup are FOR THIS YEAR...not 2011...perhaps you just made a typo...Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's just "soccer" I am interested in, I will stay at home on Saturdays and watch hours of EPL, Liga and Seria A thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Exactly - anyone who thinks that the crown atmoshpere doesn't add to the gameday experience hasn't been to a leafs game in while...

The quality of the soccer is poor. There is no arguing that. However, the ability to support a local team, going to the stadium and watching live soccer is what TFC/MLS is all about to me... Take away the experience and I'll just watch epl on tv
    This is the part that I agree with the most. Although I don't believe a 20% drop was necessary, a symbolic gesture such as a 1% drop across the board would have sent a clear message of considering the fan who has been there from the start and endured 4 years or BRUTAL soccer culminating with this year's puke-worthy product on the pitch. And you know what? They would have generated so much goodwill for that simple and pretty meaningless gesture that most of these conversations probably wouldn't be happening.

Instead, they are threatening to piss off people who once they give up tickets, won't ever sign up again. And let's be honest here, this isn't the Toronto Maple Leafs. It's not like this team has generations of supporters behind it and a culture in this city that would never let it die. If at any point it becomes irrelevant with fans or the media, the effort to bring it back to where it was at the start will be so great, they will be kicking themselves for having ruined it in the first place.

I get that TFC is mostly run by novices in various positions. But you'd think that they'd learn from the mistakes of others. You don't mess with what works. And these guys had something that "worked" pretty much land in their laps from year 1 and from then on decided to make each consecutive year worse and even more distressing is that they are oblivious to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    From my perspective its not about $500 and whether people can afford it or not. That is a personal decision on how people wish to choose their limited funds.

I think the real issue that most people who bought tickets early, took a risk on a team that many thought would fail. And now their loyalty is being rewarded by constant price increases every year...with the clear objective to make those seats close to $750 very soon. At least thats my opionion.

On a relative basis to the other prices in the stadium, supporter seats are cheap and MLSE is not going to allow someone to get value for their money...so this will only get worse.
    QFT on all accounts!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure you all know, but this is how scalpers get their tickets. You're all giving up yours and they'll scoop them up. When it comes time that TFC get their act together and are winning, you won't have your seats and then you'll really be complaining about the price you have to pay to get in the stadium.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I'm sure you all know, but this is how scalpers get their tickets. You're all giving up yours and they'll scoop them up. When it comes time that TFC get their act together and are winning, you won't have your seats and then you'll really be complaining about the price you have to pay to get in the stadium.
    Considering the way scalpers are acting outside the stadium these days they will probably be dropping tickets just like we are.

Besides, studies show that once people stop supporting a sport team its harder to get them back again. This is the fire that MLSE is playing with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Just a note to Cashcleaner....the tix to the MLS Cup are FOR THIS YEAR...not 2011...perhaps you just made a typo...Cheers
    Oh crap. Now I gotta recheck all my recent posts. Yeah, I know the MLS Cup was for 2010, but should clarify it more if there is some confusion.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 09-22-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Yup... that whole "supply and demand" comment really pissed me off.
    It is such a Scrooge thing to say.
    In three simple words he has made it clear that he does not care about the fans that have been here since year one.
    He does not believe in loyalty, respect, or being appreciative of the support from Toronto fans.
    He does not see us... he sees dollar signs.
    Business is one thing... but greed is another.
    Is there a difference? I like the line in the ad for the new version of Wall Street when Michael Douglas says, "I once said greed was good, now it's even legal."

Maybe the problem is that MLSE isn't greedy enough - they don't seem to mind not making any playoff money in three sports.

Or, if they mind, the only thing they can think to do about it is to charge more for the games that are scheduled.

Like people have been saying, they are capitalizing on demand that existed before they came along and it looks like they're doing their best to reduce that demand as much as possible. So, the supply that they do control will become less valuable. But they'll have squeeszed out as much profit as possible in the short term.

Sounds about right these days.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Is there a difference? I like the line in the ad for the new version of Wall Street when Michael Douglas says, "I once said greed was good, now it's even legal."...

The difference between business and greed is marginal I suppose.
    I guess what it boils down to is ethics.
    Who do you step on during your business venture?
    Who do you hurt, who do you use, who are you taking advantage of?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me this isn't even about greed. They can be as greedy as they want, but they have stepped over into the land of the stupid.

Be greedy, I don't care. But don't damage your product. That's exactly what they are doing. It's caused by their greed yes, but it has become stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to argue the opposite side for a second. If anyone of owns a business would you not do the same thing? MLSE is a business first and foremost, they are there to make a profit nothing else period anyone who thinks otherwise is smoking crazy shit.

That being said they (MLSE) spend money on the squad we have 2 DP's whether they merit the salary is completely different arguement. I believe that if we were winning this would not even be a discussion. I for one decide when I bought my tickets in year 1 that the team has 5 years to be competitive. Year 4 is almost done and it looks as if we are regressing. Netx year at this time I will decide if I will be keeping my seats. I love the squad, I love the atmosphere I will not give up yet.

MLSE wants to continue to jack up my prices no problem.I look at my situation and I spend a lot of my discrectionary income on MLSE related business.I will not buy anything in BMO, I will not buy any gear and I will boycott Real Sports bar, ACC, leafs, Raptors etc,...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Just to argue the opposite side for a second. If anyone of owns a business would you not do the same thing? MLSE is a business first and foremost, they are there to make a profit nothing else period anyone who thinks otherwise is smoking crazy shit.

That being said they (MLSE) spend money on the squad we have 2 DP's whether they merit the salary is completely different arguement. I believe that if we were winning this would not even be a discussion. I for one decide when I bought my tickets in year 1 that the team has 5 years to be competitive. Year 4 is almost done and it looks as if we are regressing. Netx year at this time I will decide if I will be keeping my seats. I love the squad, I love the atmosphere I will not give up yet.

MLSE wants to continue to jack up my prices no problem.I look at my situation and I spend a lot of my discrectionary income on MLSE related business.I will not buy anything in BMO, I will not buy any gear and I will boycott Real Sports bar, ACC, leafs, Raptors etc,...
    Boom, that's it right there.
    they have no right to act like they are a winning club.
    the product is garbage...currently, the fans are the show...and they are squeezing them for every drop.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. I run a business and I certainly don't run it this way. I reward my loyal clients, the ones that have been with me from the beginning with superior service and price breaks. Of course I run things to make money, but I also run things to make sure my business is bulletproof from competition. The difference being of course that I do have competition and MLSE does not. That's why they behave this way. Otherwise, the way they currently run their business would not stand the test of competition, I am 100% sure of it. The advantage that they have is that they have a monopoly on the sports entertainment in this city and so run it like they could care less about their consumers. Otherwise, to call them smart business people would be a falsehood.

I hope one day there is competition for MLSE and they have to try to win customers for once as opposed to having them land in their laps. Then we will see how good they are at actually winning business as opposed to being able to force it from people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They want to price the the supporters out. Ive said that since day one.

I love how Assalami said comparing TFC and Man U wasnt fair, yah a) they have World Class Talent b) They win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NF-FC View Post
    Remember the good old days, when everyone exclaimed "I'm not a Leafs fan, they will never push me around like that. Besides, we(supporters)are too important to the team anyway, they wouldn't dare!"

The line in the sand has been drawn. Do you pony up for failure or move your soccer dollars elsewhere?

For anyone like Cash, you could pay $500 for a single south end season ticket, or you could get season tickets for the whole family at any CSL club and still have a couple hundred bucks leftover. Living in Toronto, there are enough clubs that you can choose which one you like the most instead of being stuck with a monopoly of perennial ineptitude. As an added bonus, you actually get to see players that put forth effort!

I know this sounds like a blatant add for the CSL, but if you do not want to spend ridiculous sums of money, the option is there. Check out your local side, the season is drawing to an end and the title chase is epic right now. If you like what you see plop down the big $70-$100 next spring.

Cheers,
    Alex

I wish there was a team near me in the East End.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, like everone else is saying, there's nothing wrong with profit. It's odd that MLSE have made about a hundred million dollars less profit the last 5-6 years than they would have if their teams had even been just average and simply made the playoffs.

This must be the easiest boardroom in the country to work with. "Are you maximizing profits?" "No, but we're doing okay." "Okay, good enough."

But we could see it from the very beginning. They get an expansion franchise and they hand the whole thing over to a guy with less than one year's experience. They probably require more experience from the people they hire to sell beer.

People keep telling me this organization is so smart but I just don't see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my advice to people in the south end hang in there,your tickets will be the first to be gobbled up..im looking for a pair in the south end and i will get them since im in the top group for relocation.im giving them 1 more year,afterall mo and pricky(YOU FUCKER I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT PANAMA GAME) are gone.