View Poll Results: Will you be dropping ANY of your season's tickets?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 43.89%
  • No

100 33.00%
  • Unsure

70 23.10%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Something to consider:

If there are those of you in higher priced sections that don't want to spend the money on another season,
    And there are those of you in the cheap supporter seats who aren't going to renew,
    Then the cheap seat people should consider selling their seasons to those leaving the expensive seats.
    Because while many may not want to pay for the pricey seats, they may be willing to purchase cheaper tix.

Maybe we should have a thread in the ticket forum where people can state what tickets they are giving up, and what tickets they are looking for (if any).
    At least that way, we might get some RPB into the South End to fill some of the spots opened up by those leaving.

Did I make any sense there?
    Isn't there an issue around changing the name on the account? I thought there was, if not I would definitely like to pick up some more seats in 115 and get rid my pricey seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dropping my two in 109. $2300 a year is nuts

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boschmeister View Post
    Isn't there an issue around changing the name on the account? I thought there was, if not I would definitely like to pick up some more seats in 115 and get rid my pricey seats.
    You cannot transfer ownership of your tickets to another person.
    What I was getting at was simply selling tickets but not the rights.
    There would have to be some agreement worked out between the people.
    And it would likely have to be a year by year thing since the person whose owns the rights could decide they want to use the tickets for the following season because TFC are suddenly worth watching again.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flats - stop salvaging MLSE's season ticket sales dude!! Are you in cahoots with Parkdale on the MSLE books?!
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Flats - stop salvaging MLSE's season ticket sales dude!! Are you in cahoots with Parkdale on the MSLE books?!
    Hahaha... no cahooting going on here.

Just thought I would try to help out some of those RPB who are getting hosed in the prawn seats.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flatpicker has cahooties

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    Flatpicker has cahooties

That's ok... I'll just make one of these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, a great way of getting back at TFC is to relocate to the south end. Or at least cheaper seats. It's not hurting the team, it's hurting the owners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone's plan seems to be to relocate to cheaper seats...how many cheaper seats do you guys think will be available? I'm guessing that somewhere around 10,000 people have the same plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Everyone's plan seems to be to relocate to cheaper seats...how many cheaper seats do you guys think will be available? I'm guessing that somewhere around 10,000 people have the same plan.

But there some people here who are planning on giving up on their "cheap" seats.
    They could sell them instead to RPB who want to get rid of their expensive seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    But there some people here who are planning on giving up on their "cheap" seats.
    They could sell them instead to RPB who want to get rid of their expensive seats.
    For sure, I hope to see this happen!

I just think in general the demand for cheap seats FAR outweights the number of them available....the number of people looking to walk away or relocate from reds etc. to light greys and yellows is going to be a lot higher than the number of people who decline to renew light greys/yellows.

A lot of people on the waiting list will be getting calls, I expect there to be quite a few club seats and reds available...I also expect 99% of the people on the waiting list to say no.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also expect 99% of the people on the waiting list to say no.
    I disagree on this point. One thing that MLSE are not is stupid when it comes to making money. There's no way they would take a punt on suffering a big hit in SSH sales if they weren't confident of making up the short fall from renewals. My guess is they have done enough market research on the waiting list (through surreptitious calls or e-mails such as "we don't have anything for you this year, but let us know what you'd be interested in so we can contact you if anything comes up" or just plain calling people and asking what they're hoping for if they get on the list) to know what demand is out there.

Basically, we all make assumptions about the waiting list but MLSE will have tapped it so that they can be confident of selling out the seats even with price increases.

I now the general theory is that there were a lot of empty seats in the expensive areas and people could not give those tickets away, so there's no market for them any more, but MSLE don't care if people buy the tickets and fail to turn up, they just care about whether there's enough demand on the waiting list to sell the season tickets in the first place.

They know fuck all about running a good MLS or football team, but they are brilliant at making money. I doubt they will have left the waiting list t chance when it's sitting there waiting to be plugged for info...
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently 67% of those polled will either be dropping or maybe dropping (unsure) their season tickets next year. That is a poll of fans who are dedicated enough to spend considerable time on a TFC message board. What about the more casual fans out there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I get your point, I just can't imagine that there are people out there waiting to pay $2000 to watch TFC play. They might find some suckers who will bite for the sake of becoming season ticket holders with hopes of relocating to cheaper seats ASAP, but as we saw this year the demand isn't what it used to be - especially for expensive seats.

You're right, they don't care if people show up or not if the ticket is paid for, but if someone who paid for them last year realized that they couldn't even give their tickets away the likelihood of them willing to ante up again this year is much lower. Its those people who will be looking to relocate to cheaper seats next year. MLSE might take advantage of a fan desparate to become a season ticket holder who's willing fill that red seat for next season, but that person will quickly learn the lesson that the fan before them learned and look to move out too.

Short term of course it will make MLSE money...long term the ill will and resentment it creates will ruin this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post

They know fuck all about running a good MLS or football team, but they are brilliant at making money. I doubt they will have left the waiting list t chance when it's sitting there waiting to be plugged for info...

What have they ever done that makes you think they're "brilliant" at anything? This team (and the stadium) fell into their lap and they did what any other business would have done, nothing more.

Of course they've left the waiting to chance, what else could they do? It doesn't cost anything to be on the list so lots of people signed up when TFC looked like the hot ticket in town. Toronto is a very trendy city (I suppose most places are) an now that the bloom is off the rose dedmand will disappear.

Hey, it wasn't that long ago the Argos sold a huge amount of tickets and Blue Jays games were sold out.

MLSE is no better at running the team off the field than they are on the field it's just off the field there's no other team competing with them. But they may beieve their own press that they're "brilliant."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Amen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I get your point, I just can't imagine that there are people out there waiting to pay $2000 to watch TFC play. They might find some suckers who will bite for the sake of becoming season ticket holders with hopes of relocating to cheaper seats ASAP, but as we saw this year the demand isn't what it used to be - especially for expensive seats.

You're right, they don't care if people show up or not if the ticket is paid for, but if someone who paid for them last year realized that they couldn't even give their tickets away the likelihood of them willing to ante up again this year is much lower. Its those people who will be looking to relocate to cheaper seats next year. MLSE might take advantage of a fan desparate to become a season ticket holder who's willing fill that red seat for next season, but that person will quickly learn the lesson that the fan before them learned and look to move out too.

Short term of course it will make MLSE money...long term the ill will and resentment it creates will ruin this club.
    The suits may be! Look at ACC. No shortage of businesses buying up those tix and writing them off as a business expense. They have deep pockets and are always bringing new clients resulting in more sales of merchandise and certainly BEER! MLSE would then rely on the remaining supporters (whom they will throw a bone too at some point to keep them there) to create enough of an atmosphere for these suits to continue to buy. Honestly, compared to what they will pay for seasons to see the Leafs, $2k is pocket change!

Soon we won't be able to decipher ACC from BMO anymore. Only positive there would be that a roof would then be imminent.....well for the suits it would be anyways!

I am still unsure. Between road trips, tickets, beer and food, merch and gas to and from Waterloo 2 people spent $10k this year. That's 4 real nice vacations a year. If I renew there will be no road trips, merch, food or beer. I will also look at relocation but i really can't imagine moving away from the group that I am currently sitting with so........UNSURE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like a lot of the RPB are giving up there tickets...so i guess they are not renewing with RPB also??

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In previous seasons, I had heard that you can arrange an easier payment schedule if you ask your ticket rep. I am not sure if I will renew at this point but this is my plan if I do.
    My pair went up 25% (including more games + the MSL Cup) to $1680.
    So I will propose a deposit of 25% in Oct. ($420) and 4 payments of $315 in Nov., Dec., Jan. and Feb.
    I think if you are probably going to renew you should consider this route if the payment schedule is a bit much.
    They know the product they are selling is on the 'day old' shelf and I think if enough of the SSHs, especially from the early years lol, request this they will have to be somewhat obliging.
    KD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my rep helped me spead out my payments.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got off the phone with Paul Attfield from the Globe and Mail discussing the price of season tickets next year and I told him that it's more than likely that I will NOT be renewing my seat in 2011.

The price of my tickets has been steadily increasing since the inaugural season and I just don't see the justification for it when you consider how the team has been performing, the quality of the venue we're playing in, and what sort of other benefits we receive compared to other fans in the league.

Barring any lottery windfall or inhertience from a long-lost great-uncle, I just can't legitimize laying down close to $500 for my seat in 111 anymore. If a cheaper seat opened up in the supporter section, I would consider a move, but I'd say that's pretty unlikely to happen.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cashzilla...
    any talk of the forced MLS Cup tix??

kind of sad...how they copied your look for a lot of the promo stuff...
    and now you might be priced out.

F them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My anger has really biq turned to sadness....that all our efforts and support over the past few years has come down to this...being priced out of the club. Who would've thought that on the day we celebrated Danny's first goal at BMO?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Barring any lottery windfall or inhertience from a long-lost great-uncle, I just can't legitimize laying down close to $500 for my seat in 111 anymore.
    That's too bad. Cashzilla was a classic.

Although I'm a bit surprised -- you can't squeeze out $500 in a year? Dude that's less than $10 a week -- the price of a few Starbucks each week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha Ha, I predicted this from the start that TFC having good attendance would not last. I kept coming on this board right from the start telling people that if the product on the field did not improve eventualy attendance would drop and it looks like for next season we will be lucky to get ant crowds close to the 20,000 mark. For all you people who have been to Columbus and saw what there empty stadium looked like well that's what BMO Field will resemble on game days starting next year. I called it but people thought I did not know what I was talking about. I have been following pro soccer here in Toronto since the early 70's and I know what the Toronto Pro soccer crowd is like, however, soccer is not hockey here in Toronto, if you put a shit product on the field year after year people will eventualy go away and once you lose them they aint coming back!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post

Although I'm a bit surprised -- you can't squeeze out $500 in a year? Dude that's less than $10 a week -- the price of a few Starbucks each week.
    dude,

you never know someone's personal situation...

you don't think he would if he could?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    dude,

you never know someone's personal situation...

you don't think he would if he could?
    His personal financial situation has nothing to do with whether the tickets are generally affordable or not. So it's unfortunate for him, but not a problem TFC should be worried about. But Cash made no such argument. Others will, I'm sure.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Cashzilla...
    any talk of the forced MLS Cup tix??

kind of sad...how they copied your look for a lot of the promo stuff...
    and now you might be priced out.

F them.
    Yeah, we talked about that as well. I told him straight-up that Toronto's chances of getting to the MLS Cup next year is slim-to-none, and I don't particularly feel like paying up-front for tickets to a game I'm not likely to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    My anger has really biq turned to sadness....that all our efforts and support over the past few years has come down to this...being priced out of the club. Who would've thought that on the day we celebrated Danny's first goal at BMO?
    You see the Red Patch Boys, U-Sector, and other fans plastered all over the TFC website. You see us on TV. You see us on billboards. The people used to promote this club are the ones taking the biggest hit in 2011. Utterly shameful.

If - as Attfield pointed out - Toronto had a payment plan like Chicago's where you can make equal payments over the course of several months, it wouldn't be such a blow. I'm not sure how many others know this, but most MLS teams have a better payment plan than TFC.

Ponying up 25% in four increments is not conducive to my bank account. $500 paid to the coffers of MLSE is $500 dollars I can spend on my daughter instead. Maybe Wonderland Season Tickets is a better investment...
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 09-21-2010 at 08:31 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hate this kind of condescension from people who claim to have money.

When you have small kids on a low income, you dont divide your annual expenses up into weekly installments. If you did that for everything you'd soon learn that you're living beyond your means.

If MLSE would accept 52 weekly installments of $10, I'm pretty sure we'd all find the $10, but finding an extra $200 a month over the seasonal period is rarely easy.

I'm expecting the next response to be something like ....'well if you're too poor to...'

I wouldnt recommend that response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my perspective its not about $500 and whether people can afford it or not. That is a personal decision on how people wish to choose their limited funds.

I think the real issue that most people who bought tickets early, took a risk on a team that many thought would fail. And now their loyalty is being rewarded by constant price increases every year...with the clear objective to make those seats close to $750 very soon. At least thats my opionion.

On a relative basis to the other prices in the stadium, supporter seats are cheap and MLSE is not going to allow someone to get value for their money...so this will only get worse.