View Poll Results: Will you be dropping ANY of your season's tickets?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 43.89%
  • No

100 33.00%
  • Unsure

70 23.10%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El Juan View Post
    There is no value in having season tickets when I can buy seats whenever I want. I would end up saving money. TFC lives in a fantasy world!!

Only MLSE can manage to take the goodwill and general enthusiasm of a fanbase and bleed it dry in four years.
    Well said...exactly what my 3 mates and I are doing...we've had seats in 108 since the beginning...dropping them now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dropped 2 of my 4 in the dark greys. My rep didn't try to talk me out of it, just said he would adjust my invoice and it would be ready later today.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    Dropping 2 Club seats and 2 Reds, but keeping my 2 in south end

MLSE is killing the golden goose.

people are keeping the $440 seats and dropping the $1500+ ones.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm a Gold-Lister no longer interested in Season Tix. In fact, rather than purchase 2 x 2 partials, I'll likely just get 2 x 1 and single game tix to a couple of other games.

Is there an option for that, or don't non-STs rate ?

Should I start my own thread ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am dropping my 4 in 109 - unless someone has $4600 to me by October 15th then they can have them. 3 together, 1 separate take one or all.
    Father. . . Husband. . . Freemason. . . Redpatch Boy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I'm still planning to upgrade from a partial pack to a seasons; if they'll offer me anything other than Red ... or dark Blue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only have 2 seats, so nothing to drop. Price change this year is negligible for me in dark greys. I was planning to attend MLS Cup anyways. I do wanna relocate, and it looks like this may be the best year to do that. I tried last year but the options were few. I'll go up to red, as the price difference with dark greys isn't that much. But right now it's all about location, location, location for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn...if ya figure half the "UNSURE" drop their tix...this is a HUGE indictment of TFC's management...me thinks they're gonna shit the bed if this comes to fruition...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made my decision and dropping my season ticket in 110 (been here since day one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My buddy that I go with is dropping his ticket, strongly considering dropping mine too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad I dropped my extra ticket in 109 last year and moved my single ticket to 111. Last year was around $370 or and this year its around $490 for the same seat. If I was still in 109 paying for 2 tickets it would be crazy this year.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    I only have 2 seats, so nothing to drop. Price change this year is negligible for me in dark greys. .

My 2 seats are in 111.
    It was often difficult to get people to come with me to games.
    I may drop one of them and just keep one for myself.
    If I want to bring someone, I'm sure I can pick up a ticket for them before the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can afford go to watch this shit anymore. I was gone even if we won the cup next year I only care about the NCC and CL.
    Last edited by nascarguy; 09-21-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll go up to red, as the price difference with dark greys isn't that much. But right now it's all about location, location, location for me.
    Obviously it's subjective, but the jump to reds will cost you $400+ per ticket.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A lot of the early supporters are being priced out of their seats.

We'll see what happens. Who will replace them?

The people who have been sold on the "atmosphere" for 4 years. The people who go to the game and call their friends in the middle of the game and say "this is crazy, man" and then film the chanting while not watching the game.

They'll get some seats with "those crazy guys in the south" and then the south won't be so crazy anymore. Then these tourists will get bored and the south will get more empty.

Nice work, TFC Management.

I'll keep my pair of seats in 112 because it would really break my heart to give them up. But the price is getting up there. $500-$700-$900 in the past 3 seasons for a pair. Still a reasonable price at about $20 per seat per game, but for how long?
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    seat relocation will be interesting this year.

If my buddy wants to buy my reds, I'll renew them. If he doesn't want them, I'll probably relocate them into the south (if possible). If there's nothing I terribly like, then I'll drop down to 2 seats.
    you wont have troubles re-locating to the south....guranteed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gonna be lots of empty seats one way or another next season. It'll be fun to see the spin that Herr Goebbels and the rest of MLSE's Ministry of Propaganda put on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The people who have been sold on the "atmosphere" for 4 years. The people who go to the game and call their friends in the middle of the game and say "this is crazy, man" and then film the chanting while not watching the game.

They'll get some seats with "those crazy guys in the south" and then the south won't be so crazy anymore. Then these tourists will get bored and the south will get more empty.
    Well, if they actually won more games and played well, they wouldn't have to use the supporters as the selling point. I love the south end but I don't come to watch the south end. I come to watch a match.

I thought people were always complaining about the "tourists" in the south end?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, if they actually won more games and played well, they wouldn't have to use the supporters as the selling point. I love the south end but I don't come to watch the south end. I come to watch a match.

I thought people were always complaining about the "tourists" in the south end?
    That's my point.

They are selling the tickets based on the atmosphere while simultaneously pricing a lot of supporters out of their seats. So when those supporters give up their seats, the people who want "atmosphere" will move in. But without the supporters the atmosphere will be diminished, thus leading to a downward spiral.

Combined with the upward spiral of prices, it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

I agree that putting a team out there that can compete would help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's my point.

They are selling the tickets based on the atmosphere while simultaneously pricing a lot of supporters out of their seats. So when those supporters give up their seats, the people who want "atmosphere" will move in. But without the supporters the atmosphere will be diminished, thus leading to a downward spiral.

Combined with the upward spiral of prices, it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

I agree that putting a team out there that can compete would help.
    I agree.

It honestly boggles my mind how MLSE can actually think that this price structure (especially considering TFC's on-field misery), will make financial sense down the road.

Support for local soccer is very fragile around these parts.
    It has a lot of potential, but you have to ease people into being willing to shell out the big coin.
    Shoving cost down their throats at this early stage is very dangerous.

Maybe it's time some Toronto investor got a NASL team (or whatever that league is called).
    They could probably peruade some TFC fans to jump off the good ship MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 4 seasons in 127, hardly went this year.. They didn't sell well, even had trouble giving them away !!

Don't see myself paying $2000 this year, really considering giving them up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny, when these threads happen and somebody declares that they are dropping tickets, they are usually followed by three booster posts stating

"I'll take them if you dont want them"

Where are those guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's my point.

They are selling the tickets based on the atmosphere while simultaneously pricing a lot of supporters out of their seats. So when those supporters give up their seats, the people who want "atmosphere" will move in. But without the supporters the atmosphere will be diminished, thus leading to a downward spiral
    So you're saying we should cater to the people who come for the atmosphere? "I wanna see those CRAZIES in the south end. DUDE! Those guys are whack! Who they playin' bro? I dunno, dude."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    funny, when these threads happen and somebody declares that they are dropping tickets, they are usually followed by three booster posts stating

"I'll take them if you dont want them"

Where are those guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're saying we should cater to the people who come for the atmosphere?

I think you might be losing sight of the big picture.
    The point is, Toronto FC has a reputation for good support.
    I don't care if some people come to the games because the like the atmosphere... it means the supporters are doing a good job.
    But when the supporters are priced out of the games, then what?
    You actually think TFC can survive with Maple Leaf type atmosphere?
    Support for MLS is in its infancy, and average Joe is not going to be interested in shelling out big bucks for sub-par footie and a dead atmosphere.
    Last edited by flatpicker; 09-21-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I think you might be losing sight of the big picture.
    Why don't you explain it to me?

I find it fascinating that people in the south end value themselves so highly.
    "It's all ruined IF I CANNOT ATTEND!" Well, if you cannot attend, it doesn't matter then right? You'll be doing other things while the rest of us are watching TFC.

I also find it fascinating that people in the south end can't afford $20 a game. The "upward spiral" argument is irrelevant for 2011 tickets. If you cannot afford $20 a game you got bigger problems.
    Last edited by rocker; 09-21-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack already did. Not sure what is difficult to understand in the scenario he painted?

To summarize: the people who make game-day what it is are being priced out leaving behind only people looking for the famous "atmosphere" but who are simply spectators not participants. When they find the atmosphere is not there anymore, they too will leave and who will be left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC originally said that 14k sold per game would be a solid level on which to kick off this new footy club in Toronto. They just may hit that number come next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, only got em in the supporters section, reasonably priced, prob never give em up

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So you're saying we should cater to the people who come for the atmosphere? "I wanna see those CRAZIES in the south end. DUDE! Those guys are whack! Who they playin' bro? I dunno, dude."
    I am saying that when they drive out the supporters who create the atmosphere, those are what you're going to have left. Those people who come only for the atmosphere won't stick around after their first season of having tickets in the "crazy section" if that crazy section isn't so crazy anymore. So when the guy you quoted above gets tickets in 112 or 113 and the atmosphere isn't the same because the supporter whose seat he bought decided not to renew, then that guy won't renew and you'll be left with one less subscriber AND no atmosphere upon which to market (not to mention a shitty team). It seems like a recipe to disaster. Not now, but 2 or 3 years from now. Add to that the reduction of ticket demand through expansion of the stadium to 30k and I just don't get what they're trying to do.

Anyway, after looking at the pricing, it isn't that much more than last year, it just seems like more because they put it all together in one package.