View Poll Results: Will you be dropping ANY of your season's tickets?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 43.89%
  • No

100 33.00%
  • Unsure

70 23.10%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny, I'm not really feeling the announced price increase. The meaningful price increase occurs because I can't easily sell games I don't want.

When I sell games at a big loss and/or eat them entirely, it dramatically increases the average cost of the games I do go to. Plus, it's become a huge hassle dealing with tickets for games you don't go to.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-29-2010 at 07:28 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    What indication do you have, other than plain ol' fashioned optimism, that quality of the team on the pitch will be "competitive" next year? How do you make that comment when reps on the phone are telling people that this will be a championship conteder in two or three years?

And again, why in God's name would you be willing to give MLSE the equivalent of another interest-free loan (which is what you're doing when you're buying season tickets) when there will be a sea of tickets available to buy right up to match day, just like there were this season?
    when following/supporting a team you have to have optimism...we have shit the bed for 4 years, but this year 5 will be the make or break of this franchise in TO...in the mls teams can become competitive over the winter break, it is possible...now i am giving the FO to this opportunity to show me the change...i gotta give this this one opportunity...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It's funny, I'm not really feeling the announced price increase. The meaningful price increase occurs because I can't easily sell games I don't want.

When I sell games at a big loss and/or eat them entirely, it dramatically increases the average cost of the games I do go to. Plus, it's become a huge hassle dealing with tickets for games you don't go to.
    Exactly.

Being in the South end, I'm only going to end up eating a few tickets this year, but if interest is way down next year, I'm going to drop my seasons tickets. ML$E has one chance to get it right.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I agree with that.
    I was thinking about this yesterday as I went to the game by myself with an unused ticket in my pocket.

It certainly wasn't the first time this has happened.
    But the thought of dropping one of my season tickets and being left with one just doesn't seem right.
    Then I never have the option of bringing someone to the game with me.
    It's a difficult situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Sal gave his tkt away outside the stadium and I was tempted to do the same thing but ended up getting a hold of a friend who showed up late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone caught this earlier but only 2 NCC tickets are included, correct me if i'm wrong but Edmonton is supposed to join into the NCC fold next year, no? In that case i suppose the Vancouver tickets wouldn't be included since they'll be MLS foe by then and easier to sell tickets to..?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Not sure if anyone caught this earlier but only 2 NCC tickets are included, correct me if i'm wrong but Edmonton is supposed to join into the NCC fold next year, no? In that case i suppose the Vancouver tickets wouldn't be included since they'll be MLS foe by then and easier to sell tickets to..?
    Its 4 tickets for NCC/CCL.

So if Edmonton doesn't join and the formant remains the same it would be 2 NCC tickets and 2 CCL tickets.

If Edmonton joins it might be 3 NCC tickets and 1 CCL ticket.

Of course that depends on the format as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am completely undecided here. Haven't renewed yet and feeling no urgency to do so. One of my buddies had 5th row at mid-field and a pair in 117, he sent an email to his rep saying they won't be getting his $5k plus. Ticket reps must love their jobs right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to renew all my tickets. I have 5 reds. Because 3 of them are youth tickets the price has doubled in four years. I will probably renew 1 of the 5 and then use the ticket manager thing to buy more when I need them. The reality is that I can buy 4 tickets anywhere at BMO and then everyone can still sit together in empty red seats. There are always tons of empty red seats at EVERY game. Also, there is absolutely no resale market for these things. I've been lucky in the past that I've sold them off to friends and to my company for full price to help cover costs, but other than that they are usually given away or go unused. This year none of my friends are stepping up to purchase a share of my tickets.

Buying the tickets to make sure you can get playoff tickets is a sucker's game. Making the playoffs may never happen and if it does all the money you saved will easily help you buy extra tickets during the purchase window or on craigslist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And one other thing - with the money I save I will hire three hookers to dress up in a TFC jersey, a leaf's jersey and a raptor's jersey so that they can beg me to $&^^$ck them for a change.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSub View Post
    And one other thing - with the money I save I will hire three hookers to dress up in a TFC jersey, a leaf's jersey and a raptor's jersey so that they can beg me to $&^^$ck them for a change.
    LOL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSub View Post
    Love it!
    Father. . . Husband. . . Freemason. . . Redpatch Boy