View Poll Results: Will you be dropping ANY of your season's tickets?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 43.89%
  • No

100 33.00%
  • Unsure

70 23.10%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Granted we are all upset with the product, constant rebuilding, revolving door...but we are the TFC supporters, and I really think we should try to give the team one more chance.

If the quality of play improves, and they are consistant and competitive, then i will be happy. I really believe that if our team was competitive this season no one would be upset about the increases.

So if you are on fence about renewing or possibly made up your mind to not renew, I say try to stick around at least one more season if you can...before you dump your STs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Granted we are all upset with the product, constant rebuilding, revolving door...but we are the TFC supporters, and I really think we should try to give the team one more chance.

If the quality of play improves, and they are consistant and competitive, then i will be happy. I really believe that if our team was competitive this season no one would be upset about the increases.

So if you are on fence about renewing or possibly made up your mind to not renew, I say try to stick around at least one more season if you can...before you dump your STs.

I love your optimism redcard i really do.
    But the reality of it is that we pandering to the mlse elite.
    Its only a matter of years away when regular joes like ourselves will be priced out even from the supporter sections of the stadium.

ML$E= Make Lots $crew Everyone..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In seven to 10 years, when there are 10,000 fans dotting BMO Field for a game, the soccer-hating members of the media will get to say "I told you so."
    They won't care that it's ML$E driving the fans away, they'll just be happy to be able to say I toad a so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I'm thinking of dropping/ downgrading my seats in 121. I'm loathe to part with them as they're damn good seats but I just can't justify the $$$ when I have to give a number of them away.

I'd like to downgrade, but think I'll wait until my rep tells me how it will be handled. I can see MLSE allowing people on the waiting list to fill the cheaper seats to leave the expensive seats filled once they have us on the hook.
    this is a bastard of a good point

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    this is a bastard of a good point
    This happened to me last year. No cheaper seats during relocation. Then miraculously cheaper seats were available after relocation to people on the waiting list. Why? Because they already had me on the hook for the more expensive seats and knew people on the waiting list would not take them.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, last year, I was very early on the gold list, and ready to buy tickets, thinking I may have to go up to dark grey prices. i was thoroughly surprised to be offered light greys, which i took. makes a lot of sense, in a cold hearted, fuck you guys kind of way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

picking up tickets match by match will be a piece o'piss next season.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    This happened to me last year. No cheaper seats during relocation. Then miraculously cheaper seats were available after relocation to people on the waiting list. Why? Because they already had me on the hook for the more expensive seats and knew people on the waiting list would not take them.
    And now I realize why TFC refuses to improve their seat relocation procedure.
    I spoke to my rep about it a while back, and I have mentioned my annoyance several times here in the forum.
    It seems so simple to change, to have an online form in place that matches up everyone's needs,
    Rather than having to go to the stadium on the off chance that someone just ahead of you on the seniority list happened to leave a seat you want.

My rep said it would take too much work and man-power to go the route I suggested... which was total b.s.

Now I know that they simply want to keep things as difficult as possible for everyone in order to maintain their control over us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    They tended to go half-and-half in the past, with some cheap seats released for reallocation, and some saved for Gold list.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    In seven to 10 years, when there are 10,000 fans dotting BMO Field for a game, the soccer-hating members of the media will get to say "I told you so."
    They won't care that it's ML$E driving the fans away, they'll just be happy to be able to say I toad a so.
    Not likely, King Dave will have amassed a fortune and bought the team by then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    championship team in two or three years
    LOL
    that is what i got on the phone today.
    fuck you MLSE
    Your ticket rep actually said that???? LMAO! Based on what? Shit the koolaid they have those dopes drinking in the FO must be dynamite!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Your ticket rep actually said that???? LMAO! Based on what? Shit the koolaid they have those dopes drinking in the FO must be dynamite!!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the money was available, my plan was much like yours, but as a number of other supporters have mentioned, it is only a matter of time before you too are priced out.

That said, yes; a good product with positive results would make it easier to bare, but in the end, the decision comes down looking at the bigger picture. We all know it deep down, with a winning product, MLSE will find a way to justify price increases (and somehow even larger ones - probably using the argument that by being a winner, they have a target on their back and need to get ahead of the other teams to ensure consistant positive results in the following season). They are a crafty bunch and I can't stand them for it.

1) it's irks me so much because I bought in, knowing this would be the outcome but hoping it wouldn't be
    2) i'm jealous of not having the capital to start a business model in which with consistant failure, I earn massive ROI. That said, I could never start a business with that intention and would clean house or close shop if that trend started. I'd much rather have a loyal fan base with 0.1% ROI vs. an angered/frustrated fan base while earning a 50% ROI.

Stay loud in 2011.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That's a big banner team project right there....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    yep. took alot of control for me to not shit a brick with that.
    can't wait for the call back when we've gone and fucked everything up again so i can rip into the front office.
    i'm sure he'll hurridly hang up the phone on me while i'm still yelling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    championship team in two or three years
    LOL
    that is what i got on the phone today.
    fuck you MLSE

Maybe that's MLSE's grand plan.
    Suck for the first 4 years in order to piss off the supporters and make them leave.
    Then start winning on a regular basis and fill the seats with people willing to pay through the nose to watch a winner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Maybe that's MLSE's grand plan.
    Suck for the first 4 years in order to piss off the supporters and make them leave.
    Then start winning on a regular basis and fill the seats with people willing to pay through the nose to watch a winner?
    Some plan! Genius I say....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All current season ticket holders should drag Anslemi and the rest of the MLSE suits out on to the streets and whip them publicly with water soaked belts. That will stop the increases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive had season tickets since day 1!! me having 4 tickets in The red patch section, however this summer i had to sell my ticket to another buddy while im In England for awhile, but since the renewal is just 2 weeks away i think i have to drop all my tickets. I have no money right now to spare, the little money i get i spend on beer and some soccer matches in England, and my friends dont seem to excited with buying more tickets because Toronto has been playing like shit again and yet tickets have yet still risen.

I think next season will be bad, i think TFC are crossing the line that TFC fans were willing to pay. This is not the Maple Leafs the fans dont have the money the leaf fans do, however we play just as bad as the maple leafs.
    Last edited by james; 09-28-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After much angst and anxiety and discusson with friends I have decided to renew. I have a buyer for any games I can't afford. So I can be in my seats for at least half the season. Gotta say this whole renewal process this year is going to leave a bad aftertaste in my mouth for a while.

I'm still going to wait to renew until the last day. I've called my rep, aired my grievance. Life goes on.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What indication do you have, other than plain ol' fashioned optimism, that quality of the team on the pitch will be "competitive" next year? How do you make that comment when reps on the phone are telling people that this will be a championship conteder in two or three years?

And again, why in God's name would you be willing to give MLSE the equivalent of another interest-free loan (which is what you're doing when you're buying season tickets) when there will be a sea of tickets available to buy right up to match day, just like there were this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this will get some people upset people, MLSE is giving everyone the shaft with tickets. If you do renew why not Sell your MLS cup ticket to help with payments (yes I know everybody hates Scalpers)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsp71 View Post
    I know this will get some people upset people, MLSE is giving everyone the shaft with tickets. If you do renew why not Sell your MLS cup ticket to help with payments (yes I know everybody hates Scalpers)
    there will be probably at least 10,000 out of the 18,000 who will want to sell their ticket (some will want the MLS Cup ticket just for the experience).

If the Cup final includes a nearby team like NY, you'll get 3,000 tops of their fans.

So, how are the 7,000 who are left going to re-sell their tickets?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if becks makes it ....there will be a ton a 14 yr old girls looking for tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if becks makes it ....there will be a ton a 14 yr old girls looking for tickets.
    not just girls... hot sexy women, young and old, in skimpy dresses... just like the all star game.

good reason to hold on to those tickets.. after they realize Becks only loves Victoria, they will need some consoling!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    not just girls... hot sexy women, young and old, in skimpy dresses... just like the all star game.

good reason to hold on to those tickets.. after they realize Becks only loves Victoria, they will need some consoling!

On nov 21 you can bet there will not be one girl wearing any skimpy dresses..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just clicked unsure. I'm swaying towards renewing but its a tough call when I know how easy tickets can be found otherwise.

This is not about the product on the field or some sanctimonious asshole making inappropriate gestures at an inappropriate time. What's troubling me is the way in which we're being milked at every opportunity. I really have trouble forking my hard earned money over to an organization that clearly has no respect for his base and time and time again looks for the short term gain. I'll probably renew, but it could be my last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm renewing tomorrow, but they're quickly getting to the top of my financial mountain for me. At the rate things are going, one or two more seasons and I'll have to drop at least one of my tickets.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a partial pack. I really dont plan on renewing. I am confident that tickets will be available for any game I feel like going to (just like this season and last).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    I have a partial pack. I really dont plan on renewing. I am confident that tickets will be available for any game I feel like going to (just like this season and last).
    I understand where you guys are coming from when you say this.
    But let's assume (and stay with me here) that Toronto manages to make the playoffs next year.
    The chances of picking up tickets for those games will be significantly reduced compared to regular season games.

But if it's a financial decision, then I totally understand.
    But I think some of you who are dropping tickets purely for emotional reasons should give it some more thought.
    Especially if you are in a supporters section!