View Poll Results: Will you be dropping ANY of your season's tickets?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 43.89%
  • No

100 33.00%
  • Unsure

70 23.10%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to put it simply in business terms (that MLSE can understand)....if you invest in something that fails for 4 consecutive years and shows minimal to no signs of improvement (in the league at least, which is priority #1), why should you invest your dollar in it again?

say you go to a newly opened restaurant and have a decent time despite knowing the owners are dicks. then (for some reason) you go back 3 more times and everything isnt up to par/expectation...why should you go back a 5th time?

goodbye MLSE and goodbye Toronto sports. I'm taking my business elsewhere

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I wish I grew up in a different city... one where teams aren't owned by MLSE.
    Sadly, I'm a Toronto guy, and I'm stuck with this shit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Sometimes I wish I grew up in a different city... one where teams aren't owned by MLSE.
    Sadly, I'm a Toronto guy, and I'm stuck with this shit.
    It's not like the Jays or the Arrrgggooos are doing any better.
    Jays mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
    The Argos lose massively to the worst team in the CFL.

I suspect it's not just an ML$E thing. It's a Toronto thing.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone questioning people's level of support because they're not sure they can justify the cash increase:

Ask the next Liverpool supporter or Man U supporter why they don't fly over to England for each match, or take the season off work and rent a place over there to stay in whilst they go to games, and see what kind of response you get. Hell, I bet some of the people complaining about the support have big clubs in other countries they support.

Sometimes just because you can do something doesn't mean it's worth it and just because you have passion doesn't mean you have to be an irresponsible idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're dropping ours in 108...so fuck MLSE...It was fun while it lasted...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've got two in second row 125 and two on field level right behind the boards. Dropping all four of them I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and 2 friends dropping seasons tickets in 110 - that's another 3 dropped. Thank you ML$E.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheesh!
    Sounds like some good folks will be missing from games next season.
    It looks like I will renew, but if I'm not enjoying my experience at games, and if TFC doesn't make vast improvements,
    Then it will be my last season at BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like I will renew, but if I'm not enjoying my experience at games, and if TFC doesn't make vast improvements,
    Same here...I am giving one more season to see what happens now in the new "no Mo" era and to see how MLSE reacts to what may be a drop in renewals. Maybe they will still come to their senses a little. (not holding my breath)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother is taking the 110's
    The 127's are dropped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheesh!
    That is what I said last year, for me its about the product on the pitch, nothing else. I do not think that I will renew, but I am still not 100% sure, I am waiting to see who will take over the team, if it is someone that has a vision and the requisite experince, I may renew, but short of that, I will not. I will still go, but it will be a game to game thing. I do not want to give MLSE the security that it has enjoyed for four seasons. I want them to feel the pinch.
    Last edited by trane; 09-27-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not renewing my pair in 108. Wouldn't have even if they kept the prices the same - the market just isn't there to justify prices in this range anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought 2 Marlies ransom packs this season, no way I'm falling for that again. I'm aiming for a single partial in a cheap section for next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont understand the supporters at this club sometimes - You have a chance to make a difference, but youre actions say something completly different to what you talk about......If this club and MLSE's antics took place anywhere in Europe this club would have been closed down years ago.

we come on here and moan about MLSE and yet still go to the game week in week out, buy there beer and buy there food - what is there incentive to change ? we will still go and they know it !!!!

I looked in to ends on saturdays game - some fans were holding up $ flags while the boys next to them were holding up a banner "We will always follow you" - what a conflict of opinions that is !!!!

And then after that sh1t performance people are hanging around clapping them - are you fkng kidding me ?

we will continue to support this sh1t product no matter how bad it gets and MLSE know it - looking frwd to another 20% ticket increase next year.

How about we do something like boycott the final game (not sell them, but leave the seats empty), if you support the team you are supporting MLSE - simple as that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ NO we will not. We will not continue to support a team that shows no sign of nowing how to build a decent organization. Look at the poll, the heart of support is ready to drop season tickets. I love footy and I want a club in my city, but I want a team that is not build on sand, I want a team that is solid from the ground up. Show me you can build that and I will support. So far they have given us four years of Mo, at least 3 years longer after most supporters had realized that Mo was not the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unrelated to the current conversation.... but I got a response from the Competition Bureau (regarding MLSE's practice of forcing the MLS Cup game on us in order to renew our SS for next year) and should be speaking to them over the phone this week. If anyone else is taking this path, please PM me so we can share points or possibly combine our complaints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 'support' and 'buy tickets' are being mixed up here. I support TFC but I won't buy tickets at any price. If I choose not to be a TFC season ticket holder next year I will be watching on TV and getting individual game tickets if the prices are right.

If the club prices or packages tickets beyond your means that does not instantly make you a non supporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahahah, I missed that. If the pre-condition to renew season tickets it buying a MLS CUP game. FUCK THEM. FUCK THEM. I will NEVER EVER pay to watch to other MLS teams play. I fucken hate the MLS teams, and all non-Canadian teams in the fucking league. I have not interest in seeing to Yankee teams play each other in this city. SO NO FUCKING WAY I AM RENEWING. If that is indeed the case. I will not be black mailed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    I think 'support' and 'buy tickets' are being mixed up here. I support TFC but I won't buy tickets at any price. If I choose not to be a TFC season ticket holder next year I will be watching on TV and getting individual game tickets if the prices are right.

If the club prices or packages tickets beyond your means that does not instantly make you a non supporter.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post

And then after that sh1t performance people are hanging around clapping them - are you fkng kidding me ?
    I'll hang around to clap for Stefan Frei any day of the week... (that we play, of course. )

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post

exactly.

there are lots of people who have seasons tickets and are not supporters, and some who are supporters but don't own tickets.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure. But my buddy just decided not to renew after 3 years and i felt some sadness upon hearing him say this -but we also looked at each other and felt some wierd kind of satisfaction at his decision.

So I'm not sure, but more willing to cut my losses now, and see the odd game live next year, and follow the club on tv or online.

I might even feel better about the whole dam thing for a change.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheesh!
    That's what I decided in the end, as well.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sorry for the novel...

Not a regular poster at all. just a casual browser, but this topic and a recent conversation urged me to write.

After speaking with my rep moments ago, I have determined I will no longer be keeping my tickets in 119.

I went into TFC with the following mindset: I love soccer, I love Toronto and I cannot stand MLSE or their business model. I was torn. I did not know how else I could support the combination of my city and favourite sport without somehow supporting a business which is structured around taking advantage of their position in this market (Toronto, Ontario & Canada). I decided to bite the bullet and give this a go. Bad idea.

After seeing the outside support starting to grow (due to the massive amount of media coverage regarding fervant support and boisterous atmosphere by initial TFC fans such as myself and yourselves), I knew it was only a matter of time before the corporate monster took shape.

I will say this. It's partially my fault. During season 1, I worked for a marketing firm who represented one of MLSE's biggest corporate sponsors. I worked feverishly to get this sponsor to connect to TFC, extolling that what was seen in year 1 was not an anomoly, but a new standard of fandom within Toronto. Since that day, I have worked with numerous clients whos names you see each and every game day, and others who you see here and there within the BMO grounds. To ensure not all revenue came entirely from advertisers (smart move to protect their spending in the event of another recession or off year in terms of ad spending), MLSE had to revise their plan on which revenue stream they spend and how much of each stream went into team spending. As ad revenues grew, so too could the spending from the STs, which no longer could support the boom from ad space (guess, but positive I'm fairly accurate on this); hence the ST increase.

After recruiting fans (directly and indirectly), increasing revenue through merchandise purchases and building revenue through my work with MLSE corporate partners (old and the new bandwagon jumpers), my thank you from MLSE is another price increase with no concern for what that price increase means to me in regards to my ability to be at the stadium in 2011 and beyond. Exacerbating that is my ticket rep now feeding me canned answers and trying to persuade me to stay through the argument that we're getting new GM and spending more than ever before (PS: how's that working out for the Leafs and Raps? ).

Leaving 119, here's what I know: I love soccer! I love Toronto! I am a Toronto FC supporter & Lakeside Loyal through and through! Lastly; I know I absolutely LOATHE MLSE more than I could ever truly describe.

For those of you, who like me, were priced out, or have decided not to wait until you get priced out, name the place (GTA Core preferred) and let's watch, drink and support together (Real Sports is out of the F'IN question - get your head straight if you're thinking it). And my apologies for helping to build this monster. Never my intention.

For those of you, for whom renewal is no skin off your back (and note, that is NOT a dig at all - everyone's situation is different. If you can afford it, good on ya); please, continue to support and get a little louder due to my absence. The boys need and deserve our support. Okay, maybe not Garcia . If the price becomes too much to handle and you're faced with the possibility of not being able to renew; reach out. I'm sure myself and those who left before you will stand by your side to support the boys elsewhere and protest MLSE's greed. And please, stop feeding the monster.

One last thing: stop calling each other names & stop fighting. Whether you love or hate a player, or do or don't have the money for Season V; stay focused. Stop MLSE & cheer on the boys (unless they deserve a good kick in the pants at which point, boo their asses off the field until they pick up their socks and start playing with heart).

See you all on the 16th for my farewell (and probably the farewell of many others).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. What a post.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Well said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm sure I won't be popular, but I chose to renew my seats today after speaking with my rep. 2 seats cost $2300 and I do intend to relocate if possible but if not, I have come to terms with it. Part of the reason (the main part) would be fellow supporters that I've met along the way. It's the only time I have to see any of them and I honestly enjoy it. Chanting, supporting the players on the pitch and VERY OCCASIONALLY watching a good game of football. There are highs and lows throughout every season and I guess I can say that I just don't want to miss a damned thing. I LOVE TFC! That being said I do plan to protest in my own way and have already stopped buying merch, food and beer at games since the ticket increase and will continue to do so for the entirety of the 2011 season. They'll lose about $3000 on my pair of seats for the season and if I'm lucky enough to downgrade, even more.

BTW, my rep was incredible about the payment plan. I put 25% down and then he let me build my own payment plan from there so long as it's paid in full by beginning of February! Certainly helped in my decision making.

Oh I voted unsure in the poll. Now I am sure! RENEWED!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by promojosh View Post
    Not a regular poster at all. just a casual browser, but this topic and a recent conversation urged me to write.

After speaking with my rep moments ago, I have determined I will no longer be keeping my tickets in 119.

I went into TFC with the following mindset: I love soccer, I love Toronto and I cannot stand MLSE or their business model. I was torn. I did not know how else I could support the combination of my city and favourite sport without somehow supporting a business which is structured around taking advantage of their position in this market (Toronto, Ontario & Canada). I decided to bite the bullet and give this a go. Bad idea.

After seeing the outside support starting to grow (due to the massive amount of media coverage regarding fervant support and boisterous atmosphere by initial TFC fans such as myself and yourselves), I knew it was only a matter of time before the corporate monster took shape.

I will say this. It's partially my fault. During season 1, I worked for a marketing firm who represented one of MLSE's biggest corporate sponsors. I worked feverishly to get this sponsor to connect to TFC, extolling that what was seen in year 1 was not an anomoly, but a new standard of fandom within Toronto. Since that day, I have worked with numerous clients whos names you see each and every game day, and others who you see here and there within the BMO grounds. To ensure not all revenue came entirely from advertisers (smart move to protect their spending in the event of another recession or off year in terms of ad spending), MLSE had to revise their plan on which revenue stream they spend and how much of each stream went into team spending. As ad revenues grew, so too could the spending from the STs, which no longer could support the boom from ad space (guess, but positive I'm fairly accurate on this); hence the ST increase.

After recruiting fans (directly and indirectly), increasing revenue through merchandise purchases and building revenue through my work with MLSE corporate partners (old and the new bandwagon jumpers), my thank you from MLSE is another price increase with no concern for what that price increase means to me in regards to my ability to be at the stadium in 2011 and beyond. Exacerbating that is my ticket rep now feeding me canned answers and trying to persuade me to stay through the argument that we're getting new GM and spending more than ever before (PS: how's that working out for the Leafs and Raps? ).

Leaving 119, here's what I know: I love soccer! I love Toronto! I am a Toronto FC supporter & Lakeside Loyal through and through! Lastly; I know I absolutely LOATHE MLSE more than I could ever truly describe.

For those of you, who like me, were priced out, or have decided not to wait until you get priced out, name the place (GTA Core preferred) and let's watch, drink and support together (Real Sports is out of the F'IN question - get your head straight if you're thinking it). And my apologies for helping to build this monster. Never my intention.

For those of you, for whom renewal is no skin off your back (and note, that is NOT a dig at all - everyone's situation is different. If you can afford it, good on ya); please, continue to support and get a little louder due to my absence. The boys need and deserve our support. Okay, maybe not Garcia . If the price becomes too much to handle and you're faced with the possibility of not being able to renew; reach out. I'm sure myself and those who left before you will stand by your side to support the boys elsewhere and protest MLSE's greed. And please, stop feeding the monster.

One last thing: stop calling each other names & stop fighting. Whether you love or hate a player, or do or don't have the money for Season V; stay focused. Stop MLSE & cheer on the boys (unless they deserve a good kick in the pants at which point, boo their asses off the field until they pick up their socks and start playing with heart).

See you all on the 16th for my farewell (and probably the farewell of many others).

Very well said.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

championship team in two or three years
    LOL
    that is what i got on the phone today.
    fuck you MLSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After deliberations with the head office (my 65 year old father) We have now come to a decision that There is no way in hell were going to buy in to one more season of tfc. When we sat down and did the mathematics and realize that with the way things are drumming along in mlse land In another 5 years these tickets will be double thier current price..
    MLSE forgets our commutes to and from the stadium
    money for a few brews at the stadium, plus our jerseys for the current season, plus a few pizzas at the stadium, Missed family outings becuase tfc is more important , a new addition to the family coming, time spent coming out to see the futility, All the secrecy in the front office and no communication of information to the supporters, Rebuilding of this team year in and year out. No opt out of the mls cup game. MLSE you have made this dicision easy for me to bear.

I will be sitting comfy at someones house, a bar, restaurant a cottage tethered to a cellphone and with a pile of money burning in my pockets.
    NO more Goltv eigther and nothing but pirate streams for me from now on.. YOU want me back then its your move. Many of us have been here since day one and i wonder how much the atmosphere which you so selfishly sell as your own to those newbie SS holders will endure.
    PS screw the leafs and raptors you will never see me back at the ACC again aswell..