View Poll Results: Will you be dropping ANY of your season's tickets?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 43.89%
  • No

100 33.00%
  • Unsure

70 23.10%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Patch CA View Post
    So I take it that some of you didn't mean it when you said "TFC 'til I die".
    I always thought it was 'Toronto 'til I die'.

Oh I get it, your one of those douchebags that chants "The FC" clap clap clap, "The FC" clap clap clap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No apology necessary.

I was just reacting to some of the exaggerated comments made. I would be interested to know how many of the threats to not renew will actually be carried out. Seems to me I heard similar threats this time last year... and the year before that.

I don't question anyone's level of support. I do question whether the comments are useful. When I renew, and I will, it wont be without a discussion with my account manager concerning the increase for 2011. My displeasure does not, however, stretch to a comparison to unwanted anal sex.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gees, talk about division........look what MLSE's 'share of wallet' does, causes rifts among us.

leave the guy alone, i hate the way this board turns into salem, MA 'burn the witch' crossed with a southern lynch mob towards someone whose opinion diverges. at the same time, RPCA, people cannot be chastised because they are priced out of something they still very much live to support by greedy trough pigs disguised as our allies.

let's direct frustration at those accountable and not each other, no?
    Last edited by nobodybeatsthewiz; 09-24-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to me I heard similar threats this time last year... and the year before that.
    The noise was way less the other seasons. Anyone who says otherwise is being purposefully obtuse.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I always thought it was 'Toronto 'til I die'.

Oh I get it, your one of those douchebags that chants "The FC" clap clap clap, "The FC" clap clap clap
    allez allez allez oooooh
    allez allez allez oooooh
    tfc alleeeeeeeez
    tfc 'til I die.

might want to learn the songs before you start calling people douchebags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

technically, there's another one..

toronto 'til i die
    toronto 'til i die
    i know i am, i'm sure i am
    toronto 'til i die

just saying

so... no one is really wrong here, come on boys
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm letting both mine go. Had enough and me and my mates can't get rid of them when we can't make a game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do what you like, it's a free country. But when that first cold, windy, rainy game day in March 2011 comes, I'll be in my seat as always.

Did you not mean it when you said: "TFC 'til I die" ?
    oh sorry, i forgot that i now have other things in my life that are a priority to pay for.
    this is entertainment, and anyone with common sense, entertainment is the first thing to get chopped in a budget.
    so unless you're willing to pay for my fucking season? fuck off with that type of statement. RPB or no RPB maybe should thought have thought ahead before you posted that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    allez allez allez oooooh
    allez allez allez oooooh
    tfc alleeeeeeeez
    tfc 'til I die.

might want to learn the songs before you start calling people douchebags.
    Well I sing 'until' for this one. Makes a big difference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

toronto whilst it's cheap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My decision is made...I will be offering my single seat in section 220 (light grey) for grab next season.
    If somebody wants it, contact me and we will get together to discuss our options.
    I will keep ownership but you will have the complete package as is with all the goodies that comes with it.
    It's a single seat in section 220 in the 4th row - great location.
    I just decided that I can't afford it this time but I don't want to let it go.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on the unsure list, but I have now decided that I will renew my seats.
    If I had more than than my 2 tix in 111 then I probably would probably have dropped some.
    But I'm willing to keep my pair for another season.

Yeah, I'm disappointed that MLSE gave STH's no option on the Cup ticket or CCL tickets,
    But what it boils down to for me is, I probably would have bought those tickets anyway (well, the CCL games for sure).

So, as far as cost goes, the difference between all my 2010 TFC home games and the 2011 package is maybe $35-$40 per seat?

I don't like, but I'll deal with it... for one more year.... then I take another looks at things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    technically, there's another one..

toronto 'til i die
    toronto 'til i die
    toronto 'til i die

just saying

so... no one is really wrong here, come on boys
    if you are with me in the stands you would know I never sing this being that from hamilton..lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I was on the unsure list, but I have now decided that I will renew my seats.
    see like I said a sucker born everyday .....lol sorry but I had to say it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdzb View Post
    My decision is made...I will be offering my single seat in section 220 (light grey) for grab next season.
    If somebody wants it, contact me and we will get together to discuss our options.
    I will keep ownership but you will have the complete package as is with all the goodies that comes with it.
    It's a single seat in section 220 in the 4th row - great location.
    I just decided that I can't afford it this time but I don't want to let it go.
    I love that area I had row 1 seat 15 for 2 year's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    +1!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    +1!!

Sorry, but its bullshit to question a supporter's loyalty to the team because they can't afford the constant price hikes by the front office.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Sorry, but its bullshit to question a supporter's loyalty to the team because they can't afford the constant price hikes by the front office.
    It's also bullshit to call supporters are buying tickets suckers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bmo hold about 23,000 sucker that mlse is taking them for a ride!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also bullshit to call supporters are buying tickets suckers
    The issues aren't the same though. Collectively questioning the loyalty of everyone who can't afford to renew their tickets is straight up bullshit. When we've all chanted "Toronto 'till I die" and you mock that with "Toronto whilst its cheap" you're mocking people's economic situation and questioning their character. There's no reasonable arguement that can equate someone's love of the team with their ability to pay for tickets at increased prices. Attacking someone along either of those lines are both low blows by anyone's standard. Whether it was your intention or not, your cheap shot was directed at me and I'm telling you that I take offense to that.

I've never called you a sucker. If someone does, then take it up with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    see like I said a sucker born everyday .....lol sorry but I had to say it
    Thanks a lot nascar.

Look, if I were in a more expensive section then my decision would probably be different.
    As it stands right now, I can afford the 2 tix in 111 for another year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I haven't questioned anyone's loyalty.

I've just sung about the fans (not even supporters but fans) that will only come to Toronto games while they are cheap. That doesn't question loyalty.

Also, you might not noticed, but there are one or two who who have said that they won't be coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collectively questioning the loyalty of everyone who can't afford to renew their tickets is straight up bullshit.
    and the other people blaming TFC because some can't afford what are affordable season's tickets (in the supporters sections) is straight up bullshit. people love to blame others for their financial difficulties.

If someone can't afford 433 bucks for seasons they need to worry about their income levels, not attend 22 TFC games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    bmo hold about 23,000 sucker that mlse is taking them for a ride!
    Quit giving folks a hard time dude!
    Your calling your fellow TFC brethren "suckers"!?

I'm not giving up on my 111 tickets because of a $30 difference.
    I will continue to be pissed at MLSE for not giving us the option.
    But the lack of choice doesn't effect what tickets I would have purchased anyway.

So I will drink a few less beers at BMO next season and I will end up paying the same as 2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issues aren't the same though. Collectively questioning the loyalty of everyone who can't afford to renew their tickets is straight up bullshit. When we've all chanted "Toronto 'till I die" and you mock that with "Toronto whilst its cheap" you're mocking people's economic situation and questioning their character. There's no reasonable arguement that can equate someone's love of the team with their ability to pay for tickets at increased prices. Attacking someone along either of those lines are both low blows by anyone's standard. Whether it was your intention or not, your cheap shot was directed at me and I'm telling you that I take offense to that.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    and the other people blaming TFC because some can't afford what are affordable season's tickets (in the supporters sections) is straight up bullshit. people love to blame others for their financial difficulties.

If someone can't afford 433 bucks for seasons they need to worry about their income levels, not attend 22 TFC games.
    It's not about the $433, it's about increasing prices of inferior product, forcing mls cup tickets on us and making us pay up front for games that may not happen. We can blame mlse for that.

And we can go in fucking circles with this shit for the next month. Fuck off with your financial advice for everyone. I can afford my tickets, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to shut up and take the increases quietly.
    Last edited by Jeffro; 09-25-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro118 View Post
    It's not about the $433, it's about increasing prices of inferior product, forcing mls cup tickets on us and making us pay up front for games that may not happen. We can blame mlse for that.

And we can go in fucking circles with this shit for the next month. Fuck off with your financial advise for everyone. I can afford my tickets, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to shut up and take the increases quietly.
    succinct and sums it up for me too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to a health problem I've been off work since June (and was working reduced hours before I was 'officially' off work). Since that time I've been caught up in a bureaucratic nightmare with my work benefits, insurance company and EI all trying to push my case on off on each other. I've had zero income for 5 months - I've been supporting myself on savings and a line of credit. I likely won't be back to work until around Christmas time (I have to see a surgeon in November)...between now and then I may not see any income at all and have to budget for that possibility.

Maybe paying an extra $100 isn't a big deal to you, but in my current situation it is. So please keep your arrogant swipes at other people's financial situations to yourself. You don't know shit about the private details of their lives and shouldn't be criticizing even if you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen, depending on the location of seats for an individual STH, the decision to renew might be based on principles, finances, or both. In any case you're getting way too personal with some of your recent posts. If I recall correctly, you openly mentioned on this forum a while ago that you were looking for a job. If you're back on your feet now that's good for you but you should remain sensitive to the financial plight of others. There are some supporters that were in the position of comfortably affording ST in the past and their situations may have changed this year due to several factors. Enough already...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not only about whether your can afford it either. Rocker's arrogant assumption that this is about an extra hundred bucks is misleading. Some can, some can't afford it, but it's the principle at stake here. YOu know what? I could afford it if the HST were go to go up to 20%, 25% or even 50%! Does that mean I should take it sitting down? That I shouldn't be upset?

"Well...dont buy anything then and you won't pay HST!"

That's Rocker's solution.