• 29 and Under (One of the Worst Teams)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2019 TFC Points Predicition

The person who predicts correctly at the end of the year gets....a pat on the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going with 50 points and the 6th seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On paper we should be competitive this season - especially if we add a few more players. It's down to Vanney's ability to use the squad and to motivate them. Failure to make the play-offs should spell the end of Vanney here. Same for Manning and Curtis. Play-offs is a MUST!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing 47 and with half a chance of making the playoffs. We are doing a bit of a rebuild at the front, and seem satisfied with a weak back line.
    Last edited by GerMc; 03-02-2019 at 10:00 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

42 - not in playoffs . Vanney let go but kept on as academy director. Fraser elevated.

And ya'll know I'm not going to be happy about how this ends.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-01-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its kind of telling that as of current no one sees this team being Supporters Shield or one of the top teams, management should try to strive for perfection however seems like they don't have a clear identity and us supporters see that clearly, its going to be a rough season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is an identity - solid defence playing the ball through the lines quickly to create attacks. That was 2017. The problem is our defence has been crud since.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid playoff team this year. If we end up in the wildcard spot, there will be no home playoff games which sucks large.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think there is an identity - solid defence playing the ball through the lines quickly to create attacks. That was 2017. The problem is our defence has been crud since.
    If there is an identity to this team, not everyone is buying into it, a team will understand what is required, and I agree we did have an identity but we have lost it since 2017, Defence is a big problem and the club and team needs to understand and execute what is expected of that role and part of the field, and besides Altidore, who is going to score our goals this season; Pozuelo if he is signed and will only go off the TFC website, may work in our league or may be overwhelmed thinking that league will be a walk in the park because its not Europe; hes not proven his worth, as of right now; it feels like preseason was a building rapport exercise and not good enough to reclaim skills; we got bullied around by a Central American team, and didn't really have our field ready to go even though our CCL dates were announced a long time back, it just shows that management have lost a little control of where they want to take the team, and as supporters which I know sounds like im not; I can take frustration in that our management doesn't understand the proper process of running a club like a Atl United or LA Galaxy; with the backing of the MLSE we should have no excuse of not being able to run an efficient club and have great results, last year was painful but as of current I don't see us turning the corner and know its going to be a tough year ahead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New playoff format is 7 teams going through so I see us (with our current team) scrapping it out for the 6 or 7 spot.

If we do get a healthy Jozy, good Pozuelo performances plus efficient TAM signings, we could vault up to 3 or 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going with cautious optimism...54 points and 3rd place in the east. I think this version of TFC struggles out of the gate and starts to gel around May, just like we did back in 2017. We don't have such a solid defense so we cough up more ties and a few more losses as a result.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    On paper we should be competitive this season - especially if we add a few more players. It's down to Vanney's ability to use the squad and to motivate them. Failure to make the play-offs should spell the end of Vanney here. Same for Manning and Curtis. Play-offs is a MUST!
    Vanney is at risk if the team gets all their pieces and still bombs out. If they don't get their pieces he gets another year.

Every GM gets a chance to bring in his own coach. Actually typically they get up to two tries. He won't be judged on Vanney.

Manning isn't going anywhere. He's judged more on finances than on results.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say 50-59. We'll see.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see us fighting for the last couple playoff spots. I say 48 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will depend on the Expansion sides but I suspect... 36-42pts.

And if they miss the playoffs Vanney better be out.. "getting all his pieces" or not.. He has had years to get all his pieces. He has had 2 years to actually get defenders and offensive depth. He hasn't. So win with what you have or GTFO Greg.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS: 11-15-8 ... 41 points total. 9th in the East, 17th in the league.
    Voyageurs Cup - Lose in the Final
    Champions League - Lose in the Round of 16
    Top Scorer - Jozy 11 goals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to see all the pieces we add first before making a prediction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9-13-12 39 points

I predict several late game defensive collapses that result in loss of points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going with 53 points. It will be a rough start, but as Poz and a healthy Jozy gel, we'll have a good mid-season run. Hopefully, we'll have a decent TAM pick up to help us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to go with 51 points and roughly 4th place in the east.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50 points, largely because they will bore everyone to death playing 10 behind the ball at BMO, and where they will be hard to beat playing this way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40-49 point guess for me. And no playoffs.
    Basing my assumption on how we played Panama.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a concept in behavioural psychology called the “peak-end rule,” which holds that our memories of any given experience are defined not by how we felt about it moment to moment, but how we felt as it ended and how it felt at its most intense. Say you go to Italy, and the first five days are blighted by rain, but the last two are ablaze with sunshine. You are likely to remember that trip far more fondly than had it been the other way around.

The heart says 53 but the head says 35. So I vote 53.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53, I say.
    Road Games: ‘16-PHL,MTL,MTL(ECF); ‘17-CLB,ORL,NYC,DCU,CHI,MTL;
    ‘18-MTL,NER,OTT,ATL,MTL; ‘19-MTL; ‘22-MTL​;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The heart says 53 but the head says 35. So I vote 53.
    I should listen to my heart too but my head says 39. Please let me be wrong!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, Bradley and Osorio have a lot of heart. They will keep those around them honest. After a terrible season, Bradley has to much pride not to rebound.

Pozuelo will be a huge addition (but he also just played an entire season in Belgium right?)

I'd expect 20 games from Altidore

I think we're better then Orlando and Montreal. Pozo, Osorio, Altidore should be able to work enough magic together to get us some wins.

I think there will be a lot more 1 point games

Defence is a huge question mark

Future TAM addition(s) remains a question mark.

The East is pretty solid again. NYCFC a little worse, the Fire a bit better.

Philly will be ok.

Atlanta, NYRB, D.C united are the closest things to locks to be in the top 7.

Columbus lost their coach

Revs are a bit better they added a spanish CAM

TFC will be healthier

I'll put TFC around 9th and 37 points without any TAM signings.

With a couple TAM signings and some younger players step up maybe they can finish 7th. Our goal should be 7th and just clinch a playoff spot at around 43-45 points

My final estimation is 8th place, 40 points.

edit: On March 4th (after 1 game) I changed my vote to 46 points and 6th place.
    Last edited by Defoe; 03-04-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around 47 pointS if we’re lucky. We’ll probably miss the playoffs as MLSE seem content with a single championship season. They passed up the chance of building a dynasty and I expect to see more and more Argos signage at BMO as MLSE hedge their bets. The decision to let both Séba and Vasquez go without adequate replacements. Osorio being viewed as one of our ‘star’ players when he’s really no more than an average journeyman. Akinola, Bakero, Hamilton, and Endoh all in the first team squad. Akinola, Bakero, Hamilton, and Endoh all in the first team squad and likely to feature regularly

The complete failure to replace Séba, like for like, instead bringing in an average player like Boyd, leaves us with a complete lack of an attacking threat. I really can’t see where the goals are going to come from. Re-signing Altidore and treating it like he’s the second coming, shows how much contempt MLSE have for the fans. He’s likely to miss half the season with hamstring issues as he has most of his career. The defence is a shambles with aging players like Ciman and Moor, likely to leak like a sieve. Letting Hagglund go instead of the coach’s favourite nephew and the failure to off load Ver dear Weil will cost us goals to be sure. Only Mavinga and Morrow inspire any confidence at the back and we need four defenders not 2. Auro was a bust for me, and it’s disappointing Vanney sees him as adequate. More goals will be lost due to his piss poor positioning.

I’m afraid we’re headed back to the bad old days, where being a member of the league is enough for MLSE. This will translate into to more mediocrity and misery for the TFC support. The off season has been an utter disaster and the more I think about it we’ll be lucky to get to 47 pts, it’ll likely be closer to 37

I don’t think I’ve ever been less enthusiastic about the start of a new season than this year.
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 03-02-2019 at 03:47 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Its kind of telling that as of current no one sees this team being Supporters Shield or one of the top teams, management should try to strive for perfection however seems like they don't have a clear identity and us supporters see that clearly, its going to be a rough season
    You say this far nicer than I can.

I don't usually chime in here but you mentioning management makes it irresistible. To put it simply- This team has subtracted and has waited post Champions League to rebuild on the cheap.

If they want to slow down on over spending for success, ok. But supporters expect the extra work it takes in building instead of buying.

This year needs to be Supporters Shield and Vcup or the season is a disappointment. They chose their priorities. I don't share them but I'll hold it to them.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

35 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

29 points