Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems like madness. On Tuesday we were all banging on about declining attendances being ultimately responsible for the termination of our GM and head coach. Now on Friday we're suddenly talking about having 10,000 more seats added?

Unless MLSE sorts out the team rather than the money that flows from it, all I can picture is 15,000 empty seats and a tiny cluster of away fans in one corner being heard to sing "shit ground no fans, shit ground no fans".

*shudder*
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mikey is correct, in addition to the increased season ticket payments..and that will happen for the first few years, its all about the Maple Leafs playing a outdoor game a year and other large events. BMO is just a bit bigger than the ACC, doesnt make sense to operate two venues with the same capacity.

I'm not to worried about the atmosphere at BMO. There are many big clubs that play in mastive stadiums with ten thousands empty seats for regular season games. Add a roof to the supporters section and then everyone is happy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ACSertL View Post
    Also bear in mind BMO Field is also supposed to be the national football stadium of Canada.

Perhaps an expansion might allow for more high profile teams to come in and play matches v Canada, although that is probably wishful thinking that there is this kind of foresight with our national football association; the reality is Canadian supporters would probably be even more outnumbered in our own stadium.
    reality? what reality? Toronto is not Montreal my friend. Remember the Game Vs Jamaica? I do. I was in 112. I can safely say Canadians outnumbered the Jamaicans easy. However meaningless friendlies after a world cup area a different story, were you really expecting a sellout?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only real issue I see here is a potential pissing contest amongst supporters groups. Noone has mentioned this yet,

The only problem for supporters with this increace of capacity is re-location & unification.

Here is what should happen.

Another deck goes on top of the south end. It is designated the new supporter stand. It also has a roof! It is a terrace design. All supporters groups put away their ***** and move to the stand. They coordinate capos and sing under one united voice for the first time in club history.

Why bother about attendance? This is a supporters board at the end of the day!!! Casual fans will come and go. Supporters will stand strong. Hopefully in the new south end 2nd deck....... United as one?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Paul B chimed in on this? Does he even go on the boards anymore? I haven't seem him posting very much.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    I want seasons tickets, too, in a supporters section, no less.

How long is the waiting list? 15,000? And how many of those are just for single tickets? I suspect that many of the people on that list want two or more.

And MLSE is not that interested in how many people show up, but more in how many seats they can sell.

Don't get me wrong, since they get a share of the concessions, the more people who show up, the more beer gets sold, and the more money they make.
    this waiting list is highly fabricated..my wife is on it, I'm on it separately...and both of us don't want anymore tickets.....we just hope things don't get REAL pricey.....we presently have 2 ST's ....and we have 4 friends close by that have probably only attended 2 games each ,.. ST holders in 111......why we're not sure, family commitments?.....and those seats are empty every game....there is presently no real draw to pull these fairweather fans in....perhaps these tickets are given up next year? I presume many fans are similar.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Has Paul B chimed in on this? Does he even go on the boards anymore? I haven't seem him posting very much.
    yeah I would love to hear what he has to say. I have never like MLSE they do not know how to run a winning team and make there money maker's happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    This seems like madness. On Tuesday we were all banging on about declining attendances being ultimately responsible for the termination of our GM and head coach. Now on Friday we're suddenly talking about having 10,000 more seats added?

Unless MLSE sorts out the team rather than the money that flows from it, all I can picture is 15,000 empty seats and a tiny cluster of away fans in one corner being heard to sing "shit ground no fans, shit ground no fans".

*shudder*
    If MLSE wants to see what that looks like - watch a Columbus Crew match...

We're on our way there...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the gap in the south east corner might have been planned for an ambulance....but thats not the case. there is now a semi permanent beer stand there. the ambulance is always housed on the north west side (where it has direct road access)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, the expansion is a longtime thing. having a decline in attendance right now doesnt matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    also, the expansion is a longtime thing. having a decline in attendance right now doesnt matter.
    I am pretty sure expansion will be done for the 2012 season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ right....but its for many many yrs to come....its not just for the 2012 season.

in business they plan in advance.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mayor Miller spoke informally at two events I was present at over the past two years and said the plan the city envisions is to rebuild the east side to mirror the current west side. The metal stands on the east side are fairly easy to take down. The big plum in doing this apparently is to double the number of lucrative suites, which are in very high demand.

A second tier on the south side was also mentioned. Total capacity under that plan would be a very cozy 32,000. The increased capacity would allow for more lower-cost seats to be available to keep crowd numbers high, whether for TFC games or international friendlies.

Don't care about a roof. Love being out in the open air. Game looks so much better without goofy shadows caused by massive overhanging roofs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seems like someone is getting more corporate welfare.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ My gut tells me that the city won't be offering any more money up for this expansion.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ My gut tells me that the city won't be offering any more money up for this expansion.
    which invariably means that the STH's will be paying...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    Did you make this or is this the city plans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I think this is originally from some design site - no affiliation whatsoever with MLSE.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some of the money for the upgrade will come from the Pan Am games.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may be on to something there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah. It's like a UFO landed on BMO Field. Well, a UFO with a hole in the middle and 10,000 seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    whether TFC could consistently sell 30000 depends totally on price. Current prices? No. If every seat was $20? sure thing!
    I agree, they better be smart about it and pretend like its year 1... (pun intended)

But I mean this, the prices better start at the bottom again to light the fire under this thing again and hopefully in three years, with a successful team, demand is through the roof again and then they can start considering raising prices again.

I'm seriously considering my options this year. With all these empty seats it wouldn't be too hard to attend every game at a much lower price then I'm currently paying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Mayor Miller spoke informally at two events I was present at over the past two years and said the plan the city envisions is to rebuild the east side to mirror the current west side. The metal stands on the east side are fairly easy to take down. The big plum in doing this apparently is to double the number of lucrative suites, which are in very high demand.
    Couldn't they achieve that by simply putting another deck on on the current east stand? Is it really necessary to tear it down and build a new stand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

figures somebody would post this again. it has nothing to do with anything and is fucking HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

80,000ish?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ yeah - looks like wembley

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone ever needed proof as to why MLS Rumors is an absolute joke of a site, than here it is.

Some fan makes a mock up of what he thinks an expanded BMO Field might look like and MLS Rumors reports it like its a true rendering.

Of course, the site continues to live on because idiots just eat this shit up for some reason.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm.... I guess it's possible. The stadium in Hamilton is the big project for the Pan-Am Games, though. It's definitely plausible.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the Pan Am games committee have any more money to give out? Aren't they already committed to a new York U. track and field project that wasn't in the original bid?

Besides, a 22,000 seat stadium is adequate for the Pan Am games bigger matches.