View Poll Results: Do you approve of the job Dasovic has done so far?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 39.47%
  • No

92 60.53%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dasovic Approval Rating

So, how do you feel about Dasovic so far and the job he's done as head coach this season? My thoughts with him as head coach:

We've averaged 4 goals against (obviously he's not good defensively)

We've been a man down in every game (discipline much?)

We have 0 wins at home

We have 0 wins on the road

We have 0 goals for in the second half (obviously we're fading at the end)

I don't know about you guys, but I think I've had about enough of this guy as our head coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full of fail.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread reopened, now that Daso has several games under his belt.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pray he's not the coach next year. It's very obvious that, if Preki was too hard on them, than Dasovic is waaaaaay too easy.

We need a real coach and a real GM. If we don't have those by the end of the season, we've already failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

terrible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we were better with Preki, but I'm hard pressed to explicitly "disapprove" of the job Daso has done, as he wasn't exactly thrust into a great position - taking over a disgruntled team whose playoff hopes were already bleak.

I'm starting to think there might be a few inmates over there running the asylum. Unfortunately these suspicions will likely never be confirmed, as the front office has no currency with the fans at this point, and the only hush-hush "sources" we have seem to ultimately come back to the players themselves (who obviously won't see it that way).

The players got what they apparently wanted in the removal of Preki, and they've responded to that by acting more entitled than ever, and playing shittier than ever.

It's time for a cultural upheaval in that locker room, and if that means the next GM/President largely needs to clear house, then so be it.

Bringing it back to Dasovic - I don't "approve" of the job he has done obviously, but I'm hesitant to hang this boat anchor around his neck. He hasn't shown me that he will be any better leading this team than the previous four guys. Just another poor guy shambling towards the gallows, because the players decide they don't want to play for him.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't judge Dasovic based on results. It's not his fault this team lacks talent and heart.

Based on tactics though, I like Dasovic. He seems to know what formation to go with and how to use subs on game to game basis (for most part at least).

But that being said, TFC needs to hire proven (experience) coach who has been successful (when I mean successful, I mean as managing championship teams in the past). TFC can’t afford to hire a rookie coach. I just hope Dasoivc understands this and accept his new role next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to create this thread at the end of the season. There's just too many variables with which we can judge this man right now. A lot of the failures that he can be blamed for can be attributed to other factors. I voted No because of the absence of evidence that he's worthy of the long-term position.

I actually vote for this thread to be closed again, to be revisited at the end of the season. There's no basis for this thread to be reopened prematurely immediately after a loss, in the middle of a month, with the season literally a couple weeks away from completion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning: if MLSE gets any hint that they can get away with it, they will battlefield promote Cochrane and Daso.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think we can blame him for the state of the team. We were on a downward spiral before he took over. Although, I hope he is not our head coach next year. We need someone with experience winning. Not the time for a young rookie coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    I actually vote for this thread to be closed again, to be revisited at the end of the season. There's no basis for this thread to be reopened prematurely immediately after a loss, in the middle of a month, with the season literally a couple weeks away from completion.

I thought that way too, at first. Then I figured that we might as well talk about it now since every game for the rest of the season is absolutely meaningless.

I actually feel bad for Daso. The team is bad. Just how bad they are has been shown in the last few games.

I know we had very little chance of making the playoffs when Preki was fired but I can't believe how bad we really are.

Sorry...but Daso improved on nothing. We looked less like a cohesive team than any other time this year...including that shitty DC game that spelled Preki's end.

He was dealt a difficult hand but it doesn't change the fact that Daso is not the guy to lead this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

It's time for a cultural upheaval in that locker room, and if that means the next GM/President largely needs to clear house, then so be it.
    Well that could be the key right there. TFC hasn't had a president yet, it's just had a Vice President (and that was only for the third season) and there hasn't been any mention of looking for a president, just a GM and coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not attempting to short circuit this particular debate, but every one of these questions from now on should be framed by another one: do we have players who just aren't good enough making it impossible for the team to perform at a high level?

I think our generally weak roster is dragging down any quality we do have, and probably demoralizing them all to hell. That, in turn, has contributed to an overall poor season, and the players who know their skill (and, more importantly, existing contracts) guarantee that they'll be back next year have consequently quit playing as well.

I don't think Bob Paisley or Alex Ferguson could command that room right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Can't judge Dasovic based on results. It's not his fault this team lacks talent and heart.

Based on tactics though, I like Dasovic. He seems to know what formation to go with and how to use subs on game to game basis (for most part at least).

But that being said, TFC needs to hire proven (experience) coach who has been successful (when I mean successful, I mean as managing championship teams in the past). TFC can’t afford to hire a rookie coach. I just hope Dasoivc understands this and accept his new role next season.
    Yeah, that's more succint.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Not attempting to short circuit this particular debate, but every one of these questions from now on should be framed by another one: do we have players who just aren't good enough making it impossible for the team to perform at a high level?

I think our generally weak roster is dragging down any quality we do have, and probably demoralizing them all to hell. That, in turn, has contributed to an overall poor season, and the players who know their skill (and, more importantly, existing contracts) guarantee that they'll be back next year have consequently quit playing as well.

I don't think Bob Paisley or Alex Ferguson could command that room right now.
    I absolutely think this is probably true as well. Right now I could only honestly advocate keeping 3-4 players.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not a coach, perhaps an assistant, thats obvious and a coach cant be every players "friend".

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel for Daso because he's trying to make chicken salad out chicken shit. The bullshit roster Mo and Preki built is useless and Daso is trying to open up the game with players that can't handle it.

He should have done small modifications to Preki's system so that at the very least we're not being blown away out there. Instead, he's changed the philosophy of the team completely weeks before the season is about to end. I don't think these last few weeks are a proper look at Daso's ability as coach, but I think he was trying to do too much when time had already run out.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I feel for Daso because he's trying to make chicken salad out chicken shit. The bullshit roster Mo and Preki built is useless and Daso is trying to open up the game with players that can't handle it.

He should have done small modifications to Preki's system so that at the very least we're not being blown away out there. Instead, he's changed the philosophy of the team completely weeks before the season is about to end. I don't think these last few weeks are a proper look at Daso's ability as coach, but I think he was trying to do too much when time had already run out.
    So true,however he should know by the time he took over that all he has was chicken shit.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats he done to earn a headcoach position???

nothing that i can see???

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hold on now.

According to the players, a change in philosophy and tactics were EXACTLY what was needed. Dasovic has tried to deliver what he was told was necessary.

Why else fire a coach with 6 games remaining (unless it corresponds to your season ticket renewals)?

According to JDG, ""When Preki was here, to be honest, there wasn't really any system ... That was the major thing missing in the training and preparation for the game. There was nothing to work with."

According to DeRosario, "“[Preki] definitely said he was going to run a tight ship and I don’t think a lot of players adapted to how tight the ship was actually run,” said De Rosario. “So Nick obviously wants to loosen it up a little bit and let guys enjoy the play and I think guys will definitely respond to the way he wants them to play."

Apparently, this decision which had nothing to do with a player revolt (supposedly) was endorsed from day 1:

“He’s been a great piece to the puzzle and he’s the type of guy that brings good vibrations to the change room and to the pitch as well,” said de Guzman.

“To have him on the team I think is a good thing for what we want with this club and making the playoffs, and Nick being that player manager is a good decision.”

I'm 50/50 on him. He tried to deliver what he was asked to do.

I guess in the end, I do agree with you. The roster that Mo and Preki built, including these 2 goofs, is chicken shit.

(exceptions being Frei, Attakora, Cann, Gargan and Barrett)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPBLondon View Post
    whats he done to earn a headcoach position???

nothing that i can see???
    ^ that.

He was given the job until we find a real coach, nothing more and nothing less.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Hold on now.

According to the players, a change in philosophy and tactics were EXACTLY what was needed. Dasovic has tried to deliver what he was told was necessary.

Why else fire a coach with 6 games remaining (unless it corresponds to your season ticket renewals)?

The change in philosophy that the players were talking about may be a different one than the one we are talking about. He had lost the players in the locker room, running them into the ground over the course of the season (something Rooney warned about at the beginning of the year BTW). My sources tell me Preki never worked on tactics, it was all running, running, running. And the only tactics he did work on was instilling a sense of defence first without a solution to move the ball forward. That's why the players never knew what to do when attacking and why we couldn't score goals this year.

Not to mention Preki's personality which is legendary. He simply does not get along well with people and when he clashes with them, it's nuclear. That is probably what happened with Daso. The truth is there is few people within the organization that are sad to see him go. So the "change" the players are talking about is the atmosphere itself.

The philosophy we are talking about here on this board is solely about the philosophy of tactics and strategy. Not about the environment in the locker room. Therefore it isn't the same issue as what the players referred to.

Why was he fired? Because he gave no one a choice. Blowing up with players and blowing up with assistants (and not endearing himself to ownership either BTW) is what led to his firing. Had he not done that, even with his pathetic record, I think he would have stayed on until the end of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preki knew what he had with this team as soon as he arrived. we haven't looked shitty the last few games because of the players he brought in. on the contrary....all our players now look worse. from frei to Barrett.

how do we explain that.

prekis laughing his ass off right now.

preki was closer to getting chicken salad out of chicken shit than daso...that's for sure

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preki knew what he had with this team because he changed the team to what we have now.

The fact that Preki prefers to work with shit players is not a good thing. I thought we are trying to win meaningful something here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preki's philosophy was to put as many men behind the ball as possible. It made the defence look better than it is, but that really comes down to Frei. Defensively, we've sucked all year, but Frei has been there to bail things out. We've given up more shots at goal than anyone else. We've given up more shots on goal. We've given up more offsides. We've made more fouls and have many more cards than anyone else. That all speaks to a team that has difficulty defensively.

Now, we're trying to show that we have some offensive spark, playing a style that is more comparable to other teams in the league. We've got less than 6 games for the coach to impose a style and try to make it work. What have we seen? The defence exposed for what it truly is. And that we can score and generate chances.

Nothing says Daso is the guy. Nothing says he isn't, either. He's got to work with what we have. Cann and Attakora are good, but they are still learning in this league. Usanov and Hscanovics are what we've seen - fringe players. Harden and Garcia have played okay this year (Garcia has moved from cannon fodder to being average, a huge step in the right direction, but he's still too slow at this level). This team was built by two other people, Preki having the greatest influence on the current team. My guess is that Daso would probably wish for other players (perhaps even the guys that we finished the year with last year) but that isn't going to happen.

He is trying to make chicken salad, but all he's got are the ingredients for tripe, ingredients someone else brought in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preki needed to be fired. Dasovic's performance after the firing is irrelevant to that matter. But I do find it funny that there are people who wish he was still here. Preki drove our team into the ground and to make matters worse our club has less talent because we allowed him to make player decisions. Of course this all goes back to the stupid decision by MLSE to keep Mo Johnston one more season. That's why I think guys like Tom Anselmi deserve more blame for the state of our club than Mo, Preki, the players etc.

As for Dasovic's performance: I don't think he deserves to be head coach next season. He's not ready yet. But if the new regime wants to keep him on as an assistant I would not have any problems with that.
    Last edited by menefreghista; 10-11-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate on Preki all you want guys but when your two best players (arguably) don't want to play for you you're doomed.

And to those of you who think we're now playing offensivlely?

Hahaha..seriously guys. I've never said this before but there are some people around here who have NO IDEA what soccer is supposed to look like.

We were playing "prekiball" early in the year because we HAD TO. It was the only chance we had at getting results. When we try to play "offensively" we fail miserably.

That is due to both having shit players (for all four years) and because of the overall philosopy at this club since day one.

Look at the post game video of Preki way back when we were doing well early on in the season. He was happy with the effort but still pissed about the fact that the players were reverting to hoofing the ball around the field instead of keeping possession.

The guy was not a tactical genius but he knew when his players were making shitty decisions going forward.

We don't keep possession of the ball. It's just not part of the makeup of this club. From the former GM, to all our coaches (except Preki), to the players and right down to the supporters.

Here's a very generic example

Player A (lets say Chad Barrett) gets the ball near the midway line. His first touch is shit and the ball bounces up his leg but he manages to wrestle the ball down and control it (somewhat) for a split second. His next decision is to play it 25 yards up field to nobody.

Now is where the problem lies....

Now Chad Barrett gets frustrated and runs down the shitty ball he just sent upfield and closes down on the defender who has just collected the ball. Chad slides and kicks the ball in to touch.

What is the collective thought on this?

Simple...the crowd cheers and the supporters talk about it the next day on the boards, citing how hard he works.

This is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with this club.

Rather than point out that he's a piece of garbage most of the time and has the touch of CSL goalie, we'd rather praise him for his effort.

It's fucking brutal.

Dasovic has shown that he is not going to try and curb this behaviour. He's much happier letting the guys do what they want and hope for the best.

This team is royally fucked.

I've seen posts where people want us to build around the following:

DeRo
    JDG
    Barrett
    Cann
    Attakora
    Frei

Sorry but if those are our lynchpins we will never be a good team. Doesn't matter who's coaching.

Those guys, surrounded by other bit players is a recipe for failure.

Daso stands no chance. Sir Alex couldn't build a team around those guys.

When we need to rely on Barrett to be our prime scoring striker and DeRo to be our midfield attacker/distributor...we're fucked.

This team needs so many pieces.

The first would be a real coach and gm.

Daso aint it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Toronto's play at times as "trying to punch through a brick wall" there is no poise especially where it matters "upfront" our attackers always have their his head down in the final third and don't properly analyze their options, opting to lash at the ball in blind hope. Next season I would rather see Maicon play Attacking mid with dero & barrett in front of him his decision making is the best out of all 3. Oh yeah! Daso is not ready!!!!!! WE want quality.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Hate on Preki all you want guys but when your two best players (arguably) don't want to play for you you're doomed.
    You've made this argument before and it just falls flat in the face of evidence. Your claim is that players did not want to play for the coach which is why the team was failing but your fail to acknowledge the very real possibility that despite not liking their coach they were still playing as hard as they could and the real problem was the tactics. That could not be it right? Nah...forget DeRo and his 10 goals before Preki left, (like that is real evidence of him "not playing" for his coach) you don't think JDG wants to get out of here badly and back to Europe? And the quickest way is to underplay? You're mad.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've made this argument before and it just falls flat in the face of evidence. Your claim is that players did not want to play for the coach which is why the team was failing but your fail to acknowledge the very real possibility that despite not liking their coach they were still playing as hard as they could and the real problem was the tactics. That could not be it right? Nah...forget DeRo and his 10 goals before Preki left, (like that is real evidence of him "not playing" for his coach) you don't think JDG wants to get out of here badly and back to Europe? And the quickest way is to underplay? You're mad.
    Roogsy let's face it there is a recorded history of DeRo and JDG not wanting to play for certain coach and doing whatever they can to send him packing.D.Mitchel ring a bell,or in the 90' they were a ringleaders of the players that compliant to CSA to get rid of Holger Osciek,only coach that was able to win something with our pathetic CMNT.Coach who was setting standards similar to the rest of the world ,discipline, players code of conduct,but that was to much for our superstars.Apparently Osciek was making them run to much,go figure soccer and running

So sometimes I wonder who the f*&k they think they are,DeRonaldinho and JDGerard.

We should put both of them on unprotected list and see if Portland or Vancouver will pick them up.Yeah I know DP can't go on that list but just for fun I would do that.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !