Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    ^^

BIG TIME THIS..
    How do they justify raising prices again for this crap product? 4 years in and we are the highest ticket prices in the league and have yet to make the playoffs. Wait for the day when we actually make the playoffs and then they really gouge us, AGAIN. Not me, I'm done paying through the nose for an inferior product.
    yeah If I want an inferior product I'll buy tiger cat season tickets but guess what piss me off mlse I will
    Last edited by nascarguy; 09-15-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I think he means they've gone up $1 per game - but they're adding games to our SSH Package...

Obviously, I could be wrong there...

I look at his tweets meaning this...

Remove the friendly but add the MLS Cup = probably on par w/last season cost, or a little more...

NCC games - there last year, here this year = on par...

Add in the extra MLS Games = more money... (not MLSE fault)

Add in the CCL games (that weren't there last year) = more money

We're looking at paying more money...

Maybe not a huge 'increase per game' but I'm thinking a significant increase in the overall cost of the SSH Package (in my Dark Gray area) as I'm paying for an extra 5-games.

That's an extra $500...

I hope I am wrong - b/c I truly think it will be poorly received, and hurt the crowd in the short term, and long run...

Carts...
    Interesting... the tweet by PB about a dollar increase could be interpreted as completely different amounts. In 113 he says it should go up a buck. Now if you calculate that for the whole package... great. But if its per game then with the extra 4 games your looking at over a hundered dollars. Not much for section 113 but when your looking at section 108 than it could be in the $400 range. For two tickets that's a $800 increase! Not sure I could budget that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as much as I'd like to get a goody bag full of fun trinkets and assorted TFC gizmos.... I don't really care that much for it.

give me a winning team, thank you very much.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t get me wrong, I want be there to support the team, but I'm also in the dark grays. Justifying $2400-$2500 for the year, when you have two young kids, is getting harder and harder.. What really pisses me off is the nerve of these guys at ML$E to somehow have the balls to raise prices year in, year out, despite their INCOMPATENCY to build a solid product from day one.

If prices go up ONE cent, I will not renew and only then will we find out how great this supposed waitlist really is. Putting your name down for the wait list cost you nothing, actually purchasing seasons and committing is another thing. Good Luck ML$E, thought you would have learned that the honeymoon is over, just look at the CCL ticket sales.

If anything ticket prices should GO DOWN. The demand is no longer there, I cant give away tickets this season..
    Last edited by DaBandit; 09-15-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I knew those bastards would try to dump the CCL games into the package since they don't sell out.
    If we end up with Edmonton in the Voyageurs Cup, and it's 3 home games for that, then it's only the single Champions League game ... just like the 2009 season.

I don't know whey you'd assume the worst ... if that was the case, it would include ALL the CCL games.

Looks more like an attempt to avoid the mad rush of trying to sell the first game or two of Champions League in a very short time-frame ... there was only 10 days to sell the Cruz Azul game this year. I can see why they might want to avoid that.

And also an attempt to cover their asses with the Voyageurs Cup, as there is no indication as of yet how many teams will be in the tournie, let alone for format! What if there are 5 teams in it (current 3+Edmonton+CSL champion ... which seems reasonable now that CSL is recognized by CSA).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean assume the worst? That saying gets thrown around a lot on this forum. I have plans for worst case scenarios. I actually assumed things would be similar to how they are now. 2 NCC games, a knock out game, and a CCL group stage. I assumed worst case scenario as much as throwing some team like Edmonton into the mix. There was no "the world is a miserable place" in my comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by algieb View Post
    are we all going to stand there not cheer because no tfc in final rather than let a supporter off a team in the final sit in our seat grow up man you are far to paranoid, its there cup final not yours
    Yes. I think that would be a good plan. We all show up as if TFC were playing. Wearing red, singing our songs, waving our flags. Who are ya to every player in the stadium. No home advantage for anyone. Could be intimidating

Paranoid? I don't hate the crew, the fans, BA, or any other team/fan group. I don't have seats in the south end. Paranoid? Off the mark man. Grow up? lol.

I said no one should bitch about some other fans in their seat if they don't buy it themselves (which we have seen here in the past). Reading comprehension skills...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Great news for TFC waitlisters: TFC will expand the Season Ticket base to 18,000 this year" P. Bernie tweet
    Well, I assume this means they are now opening up the North End to season ticket holders -- which is a great opportunity for all of us IF they do it correctly.

Opening up the North End to season ticket holders will be a fantastic if -- and only if -- they lower the prices of those seats to be equal to the cost of South End season tickets and then enforced a no standing rule. As I've pointed out in another thread, making these seats "affordable" would function as an important release valve for the South End and improve the overall atmosphere in the entire stadium. It would do this by moving (or simply allowing) families with kids, some tourists, and people who simply want to sit or want to express their support in a less demonstrative fashion out of the South End and into an equally affordable but less "energized" section.

We all know better than to actually trust MLSE to do the right thing -- but perhaps as a Supporters group we could somehow push this idea to the forefront of our immediate "wish list". It is far from the dream of actually gaining control over the seats in our sections -- but it is achievable and may have the similar affect.
    Last edited by Commie Red; 09-15-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean assume the worst? That saying gets thrown around a lot on this forum.
    You called the front office bastards. I simply meant that you were assuming the worst of intentions of them. I should have phrased differently.

As for the North End. I'd assume it would stay at medium-grey pricing. The view is better than from the south end, with that elevation. And you have to love the drink holders.
    Last edited by nfitz; 09-15-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    You called the front office bastards. I simply meant that you were assuming the worst of intentions of them. I should have phrased differently.
    Ah, yes, that is true. Can't sell the ticket through the box office, let's lump them with seasons and offer more seasons.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

things I want in my SSH package this year

^ Hulk Hands in Red

A red cape

and a red wizard hat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, yes, that is true. Can't sell the ticket through the box office, let's lump them with seasons and offer more seasons.
    Surely selling as seasons gets more tickets in fans hands at cheaper prices, than selling every game individually with all the extra costs that entails. Look at the pricing ... this year a ticket in Yellow averages about $17 for season-ticket holders ... and $33.75 at the box office.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

and a red wizard hat
    With the extra games we'll have to play, I'd think we'll have to start earlier in the season at home. Perhaps a TFC toque is the thing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Me too Almo. I can't find work and it looks like I'm SOL for tickets this upcoming year.
    Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    welcome to my world this season
    Yeah I'm going to make arrangements for them to go to another RPB (or 2) so they stay in the 'family' so to speak.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And also an attempt to cover their asses with the Voyageurs Cup, as there is no indication as of yet how many teams will be in the tournie, let alone for format! What if there are 5 teams in it (current 3+Edmonton+CSL champion ... which seems reasonable now that CSL is recognized by CSA).
    Really? The CSL Champion?

Now THAT would be cool.

A Home and Away series between Milltown FC and TFC.

The mind fairly boggles.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Really? The CSL Champion?

Now THAT would be cool.

A Home and Away series between Milltown FC and TFC.

The mind fairly boggles.
    I like it, I like it!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, or a home-and-away with TFC academy. They can put Kocic in the net at both ends ...

I'd be surprised if this actually happens though - particularly in a round-robin format. Presumably the format has to go from round-robin to knockout as the number of Level 1 and Level 2 teams in Canada increases ... perhaps it will happen then.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hulk Hands and a Cape. I'm serious here.

Please bring your Hulk Hands to the season opener, as they are your ticket to the game

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, or a home-and-away with TFC academy. They can put Kocic in the net at both ends ...

I'd be surprised if this actually happens though - particularly in a round-robin format. Presumably the format has to go from round-robin to knockout as the number of Level 1 and Level 2 teams in Canada increases ... perhaps it will happen then.
    Agreed. Except on the Accies being eligible for this tourney. That would be a mistake. But then again aren't Edmonton a farm team for Vancouver?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I encourage *everyone* to get MLS Cup tickets. People from here (the United States) will be traveling en masse to Toronto regardless whether their team is in it or not (I know a few people who already have hotels booked).

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather then playing extra games, can we not just have our mls games against vancouver, and montreal when they join up, count towards the voyageurs cup as well.

we'd still have to play extra games against edmonton, or other non-mls teams that participate, but this would cut down on fixture congestion and be fewer games in the season ticket pack, and with the games counting in two seperate competitions, as wel as for canadian pride, they'd be epic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    That would be a mistake. But then again aren't Edmonton a farm team for Vancouver?
    No. There was a proposal to put a farm team in Edmonton ... but it never happened. This is the current team (FC Edmonton), that may play in the USL/NASL/USSF/D2 or whatever it might or might not be called, if or if not they play next year, if they let Edmonton in, league.
    Last edited by nfitz; 09-15-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a reason the north end seats cost more, they are better seats than the south end.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. There was a proposal to put a farm team in Edmonton ... but it never happened. This is the current team (FC Edmonton), that may play in the USL/NASL/USSF/D2 or whatever it might or might not be called, if or if not they play next year, if they let Edmonton in, league.
    Glad to hear that "partnership" talk fell through. It would've hindered future growth of both sides IMO
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they are increasing the STH base by 2000 seats...i would imagine/hope that alot of the famalies will decide to move their seats into the north...opening up an opportunity for all other STHs that want the south end to move right in!...could potentially improve the south end for next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    if they are increasing the STH base by 2000 seats...i would imagine/hope that alot of the famalies will decide to move their seats into the north...opening up an opportunity for all other STHs that want the south end to move right in!...could potentially improve the south end for next season.
    'cause people with 3 or 4 tickets will be looking for more expensive seats. It won't happen naturally ...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put the scalpers in the North Stand and make the south stand for supporters groups and run by supporters groups.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    Rather then playing extra games, can we not just have our mls games against vancouver, and montreal when they join up, count towards the voyageurs cup as well.

we'd still have to play extra games against edmonton, or other non-mls teams that participate, but this would cut down on fixture congestion and be fewer games in the season ticket pack, and with the games counting in two seperate competitions, as wel as for canadian pride, they'd be epic.
    That'd work to a point. However, all the games would have to be played before the CONCACAF deadline.

Not insurmountable.

How about a knock-out competition amongst all Canadian non-MLS teams to provide a non-MLS champion. That team to enter the semi finals against last years winner. The other two MLS teams play to determine the other finalist. The final to be played at the National Soccer Stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to go back to the above, I think having the CSL champs. in the NCC would be great, it would give the competition the big team - little team dynamic that makes the FA cup so great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will section 104 ever be popular!!??