Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Don't blame the reps. They are just doing their job. Part of that job is to push the company message and spin.

It's MLSE and TFC management we should be taking issue with.
    If part of their job (reps) is to push the company message and spin, and Anselmi and Beirne don't call me personally, then surely it is also their job to communicate our dissatisfaction back up the management chain.

Including the rude and angry resentment that I would very much like to express to the previously mentioned gentlemen in person.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they dont pay the BMO employees do they? Doesnt BMO own/operate it's own workforce?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ For some reason I think MLSE run the operation of the stadium as well, but i'm not sure...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torontotonto View Post
    Does anyone know exactly what games are included for 2011 ?
    Emailed my rep and he replied my seats went up $1 per game, however the total cost is just over double what I paid in 2007.
    Where do you sit? They all went up $1 a ticket this year except light grey and yellow (supporters) which went up $2.

17 MLS games
    4 Voyageur Cup and Champions League Games
    1 MLS Cup

22 games total. (pricing is based on 23 games, they count MLS Cup double, but at 2010 price instead of 2011 price).

No one knows the format of the Voyageurs' Cup yet next year. We don't even know if Edmonton will be in NASL or not yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone on that podcast thing ask what the TFC front office has done regarding the last Champions League matchday, where Cruz Azul and RSL start after our match finishes?
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he really use Manchester United season ticket holders as a comparison to TFC season ticket holders? Did they not forget their quote from just four days ago?

Tom Anselmi, executive vice-president and chief executive officer of club owner Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, doesn’t feel the comparison between TFC and Man U is a valid one, however.
    “It’s difficult to compare the two, apples and oranges,” Anselmi said of the North American-English leagues and the types of entertainment they provide.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Where do you sit? They all went up $1 a ticket this year except light grey and yellow (supporters) which went up $2.

17 MLS games
    4 Voyageur Cup and Champions League Games
    1 MLS Cup

22 games total. (pricing is based on 23 games, they count MLS Cup double, but at 2010 price instead of 2011 price).

No one knows the format of the Voyageurs' Cup yet next year. We don't even know if Edmonton will be in NASL or not yet.
    Light Grey 119 supporters section

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    they dont pay the BMO employees do they? Doesnt BMO own/operate it's own workforce?
    They pay them (but not the garbage pickup, which is city workers).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Light Grey 119 supporters section
    Ask your rep why is he lying to you. They went up from $17 to $19 this season. And from $14 to $17 last season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Ask your rep why is he lying to you. They went up from $17 to $19 this season. And from $14 to $17 last season.
    Thanks nfitz.
    I will do that...

Email from MLSE rep,
    "Instead of having a meaningless friendly we replaced it with the MLS CUP which means something. The cost is the same as the International friendly would have been. If L.A. is in the final and they are playing New York your tickets will have an extremely high value. The amount of tickets going out to the general public will be extremely low. Your Season ticket price went up by $1.00 per seat per game." [/font]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is under $2 a game and really that is not that bad IMO.

Also, we are now paying for games that we had the option to buy this year ie Nutrilite and CCL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    The fact that they have more games means they are able to generate a higher percentage of margin from each game than when they have less games, making each game cheaper for them rather than more expensive. Therefore, there is far more reason to drop prices or keep prices at the same level rather than increase prices.
    That's the thing I don't understand - they've got more games, so there's more games to sell $12 beers. For me, it's more just about giving the supporters a break b/c the product on the field has not been worthy of a price increase. Make the sponsors pony up more cash - Hey here's more games you'll get exposure and a packed house because we kept prices down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im also thinking ICF prob had an agreement with Paul that they werent going to put him on the spot about the whole ticket increase or maybe he wouldnt do the interview, b/c realistically why would Duane write those blogs about how prices went up and how ppl are pissed off and then not grill him during the interview.....prob b/c he wouldnt do the interview in that scenario.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    It is under $2 a game and really that is not that bad IMO.
    The way MLSE calculated it is is exactly $2 a game. That's 11.8%. Many people haven't had a pay rise since the recession started; many have had pay cuts. It is a lot. Last year it was $3, and was 21.4%. That is a lot. In 2 years it is a 35.7% increase.

Whether it is wrong, or right I don't know. But it is a lot. And I don't think them misleading people about the increase is helping.

That being said, I can afford it, and I'll be there. I even drink those expensive beers if I'm thirsty - I'm not going to deprive myself of a beer if I want one.

Mikey

Email from MLSE rep,
    "Instead of having a meaningless friendly we replaced it .[/font]
    LOL. Nice way of saying " we found out we can sell a good international friendly for millions to the visiting teams fan boys, so fuck off, the tickets are not for you...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks nfitz.
    I will do that...

Email from MLSE rep,
    "Instead of having a meaningless friendly we replaced it with the MLS CUP which means something. The cost is the same as the International friendly would have been. If L.A. is in the final and they are playing New York your tickets will have an extremely high value. The amount of tickets going out to the general public will be extremely low. Your Season ticket price went up by $1.00 per seat per game." [/font]
    Minor flaw in his/her argument - the friendlies may have been meaningless but at least they involved OUR team. Last time I checked, we're all TFC fans. Would ALL of us buy tickets to the MLS Cup if asked? I doubt it. Why not let the free market decide instead of coercing us?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    Why not let the free market decide instead of coercing us?
    Because now that our playoff hopes are slim they are worried the game won't sell out.

What better way to guarantee decent attendance than to force the tickets on the season ticket holders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you get your MLS Cup Ticket(s). Pick up the phone and contact Brokers, they will pay you minimum face value to take those off your hands and will then in turn sell for a healthy mark up, especially if its NYRB v. LAG.

Or sell on line yourself. In some cases what you COULD get for those tickets it could significantly offset the cost of your season package. That really all depends which section you are in though.

Just my two cents.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lowest reported attendence ever for the MLS Cup is 21,193 ... in Dallas.

DC got almost 40,000 to the game at RFK in 2007, which was Houston against New England.

Based on how well the game has sold in other cities which don't have as strong as support as here, it's hard to think that they couldn't move 20,000 tickets ... likely at higher than the $34 that yellow and light grey are going for.

There's no need to put it in the ticket package to fill the stadium. They'd make more money, and have happier fans if they made it optional.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    That's the thing I don't understand - they've got more games, so there's more games to sell $12 beers. For me, it's more just about giving the supporters a break b/c the product on the field has not been worthy of a price increase. Make the sponsors pony up more cash - Hey here's more games you'll get exposure and a packed house because we kept prices down.
    sponsors have already ponied up more cash. bmo's deal, $4m a year now, that should cover the player's salaries nicely.

You'd think they'd want to make the sponsors happy, fewer fans means fewer people walking around in their bmo jerseys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC got almost 40,000 to the game at RFK in 2007, which was Houston against New England.

Based on how well the game has sold in other cities which don't have as strong as support as here, it's hard to think that they couldn't move 20,000 tickets ... likely at higher than the $34 that yellow and light grey are going for.

There's no need to put it in the ticket package to fill the stadium. They'd make more money, and have happier fans if they made it optional.
    Ahhh, the voice of reason. Sounds good.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    The numbers don't lie, supporters are getting screwed next season.

I'm trying to crunch some numbers in my mind (danger!).

The chart above doesn't include the CCL games.

By the end of this season, will we have played a total of 22 games?
    (Including league games, friendlies, NCC, CCL qualifier and CCL group stage)

If 22 is correct, then we are getting the same number of games in our 2011 ST package?

And what did we pay for our extra 2010 CCL tickets, which were not immediately part of the 2010 ST package?

I'm just trying to get it straight in my noggin...
    Since I have purchased tix for all of the 2010 home games,
    And probably would have done the same for 2011,
    How much more am I paying for 2011 tickets as a section 111 STH when all is factored in together?
    (Obviously, when I say 2011 tickets, that also includes the MLS Cup)

I'm just trying to gain some perspective before making any rash decisions about my ST renewal.
    Last edited by flatpicker; 09-24-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still want to know what MLSE plans to do to segregate the supporters of the MLS Cup finalists. If a large percentage of TFC STHs sell them on ebay/craigslist, there will be fans of the finalists spread throughout the stadium rather than in one controlled section.Even if the North Stand is set aside for these fans, there is no natural segregation within that stand.

I do not condone football violence, but what do we really think would happen if Columbus makes it to the final and we get a whole bunch of those fine folks in the South Stand (or anywhere in the ground really).

I'm sure MLS will be thrilled to see sporadic fights in the ground on national TV, and this is what could happen if MLSE puts the onus on us to resell the tickets as appears to be the case.

I think I'll send this question to Nigel Reed to ask PB on the footy show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    Did anyone on that podcast thing ask what the TFC front office has done regarding the last Champions League matchday, where Cruz Azul and RSL start after our match finishes?
    WOW!! CONCACAF Champions League is Mickey Mouse. I know, off topic in this thread, the timing of these games should be in their own thread.

At the end of the TFC AU game we won't know if TFC are through!

CA and RSL will be in a position that a tie will get them both through!

So much wrong with this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    I'm not buying the added costs defense. The two extra MLS games added to the schedule, the CC games and CL games are all games that are played without salary added salary costs associated with them. The auxiliary income generated from hosting games (parking, consessions, merch etc.) have to more than off-set opperating costs given that no additional salary is being paid out for the games. There's NO QUESTION that the two MLS games could have been thrown in to the season ticket packages as a 'thank-you' bonus without it costing MLSE a dime.
    That's what I've been driving home. In the 2006 MLS season the schedule was 32 games - 16 home, 16 away. When TFC first released its inaugural season ticket prices, packages were based on a 16-game home schedule. When MLS later reduced the schedule for the 2007 season to 30 games, were SSHs given a credit? Funny how MLSE's schedule argument only goes one way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    That's what I've been driving home. In the 2006 MLS season the schedule was 32 games - 16 home, 16 away. When TFC first released its inaugural season ticket prices, packages were based on a 16-game home schedule. When MLS later reduced the schedule for the 2007 season to 30 games, were SSHs given a credit? Funny how MLSE's schedule argument only goes one way.
    My memory is fuzzy, but I think we signed up for 20 games.

It ended up being:

15 MLS games

1 Canada v Argentina U-20 friendly

2 friendlies (requiring 2 'vouchers' each).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    My memory is fuzzy, but I think we signed up for 20 games.

It ended up being:

15 MLS games

1 Canada v Argentina U-20 friendly

2 friendlies (requiring 2 'vouchers' each).
    I stand corrected. I'm guessing that the u-20 friendly was put in the package to offset the loss of an MLS game.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ This is the kind of stuff I was trying to get at with my last post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I try to factor in all the TFC home games this season compared to all the games in the 2011 ST package, isn't it pretty close to the same amount of games and dollars?

The criticism seems to be about not being offered the choice of non-league games,
    And not so much the actual cost of renewing.

Am I correct, or confused?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Yes, it was $323 last year.

At least the $12 account fee didn't go up.
    I have no idea why we continue to get dinged with this charge.