Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2011 season ticket information

Paul B tweeted:

Great news for TFC waitlisters: TFC will expand the Season Ticket base to 18,000 this year.
    marginal price increase, yes. overall price will also increase due to size of the package. (pardon???)
    Season ticket package for 2011 will include 2010 MLS Cup, 17 MLS games, and first 4 NCC and CCL games.
    MLS announced today the season will have 34 games in 2011. TFC will not put a friendly match in the Season ticket package for 2011.
    http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne

My take:

Increasing the Season Ticket base is to avoid all those unsold seats, as is including the CCL games. Good news that there is no pointless friendly included (maybe they'll have an option on a Real Madrid type match).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-15-2010 at 08:06 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew those bastards would try to dump the CCL games into the package since they don't sell out.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Good.

And they dropped the useless fucking friendlies. Now make sure that MLS final isn't on there and I'm full of win. How Ass backwards is this? They have to force Champions League on people but are confident about mid-season friendlies. I can't wait till this leagues fans figure out their priorities.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-15-2010 at 08:09 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget about the increase in games... they raised ticket prices AGAIN! For what this time? Simply because they're MLSE???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's assume that every STH takes the MLS Cup Final (let's say its optional). That is 16K out of 22K, 6K of tickets for MLS sponsors and other clubs, sounds very low.

I think TFC probably thinks that about half of STH will take the MLS cup final tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Im buying the finals tickets for sure. I don't get why someone who enjoys MLS wouldn't want to see LA vs NY (assuming that's how it goes down).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Carts - keep faith. If the south end has only gone up $1 (according to a PB tweet)
    I think he means they've gone up $1 per game - but they're adding games to our SSH Package...

Obviously, I could be wrong there...

I look at his tweets meaning this...

Remove the friendly but add the MLS Cup = probably on par w/last season cost, or a little more...

NCC games - there last year, here this year = on par...

Add in the extra MLS Games = more money... (not MLSE fault)

Add in the CCL games (that weren't there last year) = more money

We're looking at paying more money...

Maybe not a huge 'increase per game' but I'm thinking a significant increase in the overall cost of the SSH Package (in my Dark Gray area) as I'm paying for an extra 5-games.

That's an extra $500...

I hope I am wrong - b/c I truly think it will be poorly received, and hurt the crowd in the short term, and long run...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    ^ Im buying the finals tickets for sure. I don't get why someone who enjoys MLS wouldn't want to see LA vs NY (assuming that's how it goes down).
    you're making the dangerous assumption that people like MLS. I love Toronto FC. I love them cause I'm from toronto and so are they. Other than that there's nothing to love about Football in North America

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and think of it this way, for all of you in the South end...

You have no right to bitch about a bunch of Columbus fans using YOUR SEATS in section 112 if you willingly choose not to buy this ticket. You want that to happen? A Columbus fan in YOUR SEAT if the Crew make the final. South end painted Yellow and Black. That is the ultimate trump card.

Buy your seats for the finals.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Good news that there is no pointless friendly included (maybe they'll have an option on a Real Madrid type match).
    I'm fine with them doing a friendly as a 'non-inclusive' ticket, as long as seat holders get first refusal.

Many people enjoy the friendlies, even if they're kinda useless and put our players at risk of injury.
    They aren't going away, so they might as well be smart about them.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be at the finals, if only because it's probably going to be a decent match.

hmmmm.... It would make sense for the team to sell the new north stands to whichever visiting team's support would fill it. Unless I'm mistaken, there's no SSH in the north yet, so they would all be open. that would certainly help keep them from mingling with TFC people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    This would make sense. So it probably won't happen. I'd be thrilled if ti did though - two real games instead of one fake, crap one? Sweet.

There's a tiny piece of me infected with a feel-good factor after today's events, and I am wondering if MLSE are about to say "you know what guys, you've stuck with us for four years and we've not delivered you any play off worthy seasons, so the MLS Cup Final is on us for buying all those shirts and over priced beers".

Wait - all those games for no actual price increase?! I know I know but let the warm fuzzy feeling last just a little bit longer before we get the MLSE face slap back into reality...
    Hope you are right. The friendly was a crock. And yeah, I still have the warm and fuzzies. And hey, a NY Galaxy final could be a mouthwatering prospect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PB tweet: "Great news for TFC waitlisters: TFC will expand the Season Ticket base to 18,000 this year"

OK now this is funny. This is the story they are preparing to lard out to the waiting list when the non-renewals start hitting.

I have high respect for Paul but cmon, we didn't all just fall off the turnip truck out here.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is just the same shit they do every year and I'm sick of it.

Good news that there is no pointless friendly included next season but bad news there making us buy tickets that we do not want!
    Last edited by nascarguy; 09-15-2010 at 09:00 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    you're making the dangerous assumption that people like MLS. I love Toronto FC. I love them cause I'm from toronto and so are they. Other than that there's nothing to love about Football in North America
    +1 The only reason for me to get to this game is to avoid an empty BMO. I think that reflects badly on the city. As it stands there has been plenty of people from around the league to fill seats for the final.

You have no right to bitch about a bunch of Columbus fans using YOUR SEATS in section 112 if you willingly choose not to buy this ticket. You want that to happen? A Columbus fan in YOUR SEAT if the Crew make the final. South end painted Yellow and Black. That is the ultimate trump card.

If Toronto isn't there I won't get my panties in a twist if it's someone who wants to watch their team win the final I don't give 2 shits about.

I don't think Toronto looks worse for filling the stadium with fans who follow the teams on the pitch.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-15-2010 at 09:24 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a thought: save giving me a scarf and a bunch of other things I care little about and spare me the price increase for once.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhh, who cares what toronto looks like? I dont care at all if the stadium is empty and everyone on TV cries about it. Gotta get over this percention BS and not care what people around think. This is MLS, good players play in terrible places, not one player will not come here because the stadium looked bad for one game. I'm not playing this bush league's little PR game man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soooooooooooooooooo i gotta start saving now for my Season Tickets..

personally I'm going to opt-in for the MLS Cup..if worse comes to worse i'll sell them on craigslist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they need to have a better payment plan for next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    they need to have a better payment plan for next season
    This is good point and suggestion...

Plenty of SSH are not happy. And with added games / added cost, they really should consider drawing out the payment plan...

Currently 100% of your tickets need to be paid (based on last season) by Mid December...

Is that really neccessary...????

If they're looking for some goodwill, some good statements they can say/send to people when asking for renewals - they should definitely draw that out...

In the end, the $$$ is the same, but giving people more time may alleviate some of the people thinking about not renewing...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    personally I'm going to opt-in for the MLS Cup..if worse comes to worse i'll sell them on craigslist!

I remember passing on the RM tickets because I was going to be out of town, and had no real desire to change plans to come back for that game, but Craigslist was a-buzz with sellers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Kid View Post
    Here's a thought: save giving me a scarf and a bunch of other things I care little about and spare me the price increase for once.
    Here's a better thought: give us value for money. Throw in the extra two games, don't raise the price a cent, apologize for past abuses and gouging, and in addition to the scarf jam the season ticket package full of stickers, key chains, fridge magnets etc. Say "thank-you" for sticking with the team for four brutal seasons and what will likely be a rebuilding 5th season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Here's a better thought: give us value for money. Throw in the extra two games, don't raise the price a cent, apologize for past abuses and gouging, and in addition to the scarf jam the season ticket package full of stickers, key chains, fridge magnets etc. Say "thank-you" for sticking with the team for four brutal seasons and what will likely be a rebuilding 5th season.
    Agreed.

I'm sure everyone has noticed how with each passing season the package we get looks cheaper and cheaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE has a chance to renew my trust in them this season. If season ticket prices are up ONE BIT in my section they can lick me. I understand the overall price may go up because we are looking at something like 5 games that weren't in the schedule last year, but if they think they can also raise prices after this shit show of a season considering we will probably be in another rebuild of the rebuild of the rebuild next year I don't see how they could do it and still sell tickets.

I sit in dark greys. As McCartney is saying, we could be looking at $2500 for season next year. I'll gladly forfit them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yeah, they could do that - and I'd be all for it - but my scenario seems at least slightly more possible than asking MLSE to give us more for nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are we all going to stand there not cheer because no tfc in final rather than let a supporter off a team in the final sit in our seat grow up man you are far to paranoid, its there cup final not yours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Agreed.

I'm sure everyone has noticed how with each passing season the package we get looks cheaper and cheaper.
    Yeah, that bag was a real gem this year. I howl everytime I see somebody wearing it at BMO. Looks ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

BIG TIME THIS..
    How do they justify raising prices again for this crap product? 4 years in and we already have the highest ticket prices in the league and have yet to make the playoffs. Wait for the day when we actually make the playoffs and then they really gouge us, AGAIN. Not me, I'm done paying through the nose for an inferior product.
    Last edited by DaBandit; 09-15-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hit the nail right on the head!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Kid View Post
    Yeah, that bag was a real gem this year. I howl everytime I see somebody wearing it at BMO. Looks ridiculous.
    I only use that bag to hold my tickets and scarf. But yeah that bag does look ridiculous