Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    BTW-I have 4 ST....2 in 110, 2 in 127.

I AM definitely dropping the 127's. They are gone. Im not paying more for this sub-standard product and the 110's I share with my brother...I am 90% in favour of giving them up.
    I cannot justify this and will not pay money for sub standard football, being raped at the concessions and STILL being at the start of a "5 year plan".

Go ahead idiots, raise the prices.....I'm done. Im sick of being gouged and taken for granted.....fill the stdium with bodies from your (fake) waiting list. It'll be like a Goddamned morgue in there.
    Good luck boys, I'll be watching on telly!
    ^^ +1

sub standard BORING football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    I might just be done.

At least if I watch the match on TV with a few good friends in a pub I won't feel like a complete sucker.

And for anyone worried that they won't be able to get back in once they're out....hahaha...don't sweat it. A 2011 TFC ticket is going to be easier to find than a bogey on a bathroom wall.
    i usually just watch TFC at home on away games. but i do often go out to watch Arsenal at pubs, and it's great.

plus the only people walking around are usually waitresses. not people going to get pizza or standing around looking for their seats.

i'm not renewing. fuck them and their "making history".... blah blah. yes every year they make a miniscule step in the right direction, technically historical i suppose. but really they need to stop talking about history. there is no history. it's a young team with nothing really worth celebrating on the grand scale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    ^^^Ok, go moan and bitch about the prices... At the end of the day the probelm is TFC is shit we have 4 years of bullshit....

The league is decent so I for one will enjoy when above average players come into this city to play football against our "beloved" team

One more thing you can't compare EPL to MLS who the fuck are you kidding????? They make more in TV revenue/merchandising then the whole fucking league...
    ?? Did you watch any world cup this summer? Any European football on the weekends?

There are times when both teams (especially TFC) cant put three pass together. Anyways to each is own, enjoy!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always had my 2 great seats in 108 (Reds) that I love to use when I bring the kids or my parents, and 1 in 112 that I use for me. After speaking with my wife, I think I am dumping the seats in 108 this year. I'm almost glad they made this decision easier for me. I'll save a bundle...

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I've always had my 2 great seats in 108 (Reds) that I love to use when I bring the kids or my parents, and 1 in 112 that I use for me. After speaking with my wife, I think I am dumping the seats in 108 this year. I'm almost glad they made this decision easier for me. I'll save a bundle...
    WOW.

Good job MLSE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    I might just be done.

At least if I watch the match on TV with a few good friends in a pub I won't feel like a complete sucker.

And for anyone worried that they won't be able to get back in once they're out....hahaha...don't sweat it. A 2011 TFC ticket is going to be easier to find than a bogey on a bathroom wall.
    I'm with you C_B.
    i'm leaning heavily towards walking away.
    I can still score tix through other means.
    Why pay for MLS Cup...and the games I can't make...(which i was giving away most of the time).
    The scarcity that they use to sell tix is a mirage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has it been confirmed that the MLS cup game tickets are mandatory for 2011 renewal?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And when you want to go with more people, believe me tickets will be available. Nicely done TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Has it been confirmed that the MLS cup game tickets are mandatory for 2011 renewal?
    Yes...

They are part of the season-ticket package...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: McCartney answered Chevy's question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what the club fears most...

Getting a new SSH to purchase Light-Gray or lower tickets is easy...

Cold calling a guy on the list and saying "...congratulations, you can buy tickets - $3000 is the price..."

I know many people in here will disagree with me - but this here, dropping seats in 108, means way more to the team, and has a much bigger impact that someone dropping seats in the south end...

Carts...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's all relative....
    my vacating tix in 116...will allow someone to downgrade...leaving tix in 108...and that "wait list of thousands" will dry up quick if they are only offered $3000 tix...

As much fun as the last 4 years have been...it's the RPB stuff that has been the most fun.

I'm getting a little tired of MLSE squeezing and squeezing. We are back to square 1...in year 5...might as well be an expansion team. I don't want to feel like a Raps season ticket holder...16 years with just a couple of playoff appearances.
    Last edited by Wagner; 09-21-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dropping all 4 of mine...I just can't justify it.
    I don't understand MLSE's reasoning..do they really think after only 4 years of existence, and really shitty existence, that people are gonna continue filling the stadium? Did they not watch any of the home games this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    it's all relative....
    my vacating tix in 116...will allow someone to downgrade...leaving tix in 108...and that "wait list of thousands" will dry up quick if they are only offered $3000 tix...
    Errr, that's my point...

Its the Club/Red/Dark Gray drops, moves that hurt the team the most...

Carts...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    And when you want to go with more people, believe me tickets will be available. Nicely done TFC!
    That's the thought. And while it's a gamble, I think the odds are pretty much in my favour at this point...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to stand up for management here, but the way I see it is that MLSE can't do the right thing and set an example for Toronto sports fans. The reason:

Leafs and Raptors SSH's.

In terms combined dollars spent, they dwarf what TFC SSH's spend (a rough guess is 10x our dollars). They have also been suffering for a longer period (Raptors) and much longer period (Leafs) of time.

If TFC/MLSE did the appropriate thing, which in the very least would be to hold price per game steady and offer the MLS cup as an option, Leafs/Raptors SSH's would be like WTF? Where's my handout?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as much as anything else, a home game is simply not as much fun as it once was.
    I'm sick of being angry,frustrated and putting up with a poor product on the pitch from this season. I have wanted this season to end now since July. It's been a horrible, weekend-ruining experience as the product has been so dull.

MLSE gives us what we want (Mo gone) a week before ST renewals then tries to sell a bare-arsed lie that the timing had nothing to do with renewals.

They make all the right noises about apprciating the support then turn around and tell us we cannot renew unless we stump up for MLS Cup final tickets.

I'll be angry about this hike when I go to the match on Saturday. Why am I paying good money to get all worked up and bitter towards the club? I guess the option is not to care about being taken for granted by MLSE or drop the season tickets but in truth I do not "want" to do either.

I'm one of those who lives and breathes his football teams (TFC and City), cannot start the workday without checking the headlines, checks frequently thru the day, watches Gol TV for all the TFC content, has a closet full of TFC gear, and quite frankly right now I feel only animosity towards Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just emailed my Rep, with my disgust.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Not to stand up for management here, but the way I see it is that MLSE can't do the right thing and set an example for Toronto sports fans. The reason:

Leafs and Raptors SSH's.

In terms combined dollars spent, they dwarf what TFC SSH's spend (a rough guess is 10x our dollars). They have also been suffering for a longer period (Raptors) and much longer period (Leafs) of time.

If TFC/MLSE did the appropriate thing, which in the very least would be to hold price per game steady and offer the MLS cup as an option, Leafs/Raptors SSH's would be like WTF? Where's my handout?
    Wrong. Do you think Leaf fans complain if the Raptors tickets don't cost as much or increase as much? Different market - supply and demand.

Highest supply and demand for the leafs, followed by the raptors and both those teams play in the best leagues in the world in their sport. Supply and demand for TFC will be tested this year. From my personal experience, demand is wayyyyy down. This ought to test out my theory...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Errr, that's my point...

Its the Club/Red/Dark Gray drops, moves that hurt the team the most...

Carts...
    I'm with you.
    that's what i'm saying...
    my dropping yellows...makes it easier for the 108 to escape...making it more painful for MLSE.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post

This pretty much summed up my email to my rep. And it's not just the ticket price. MLSE is slowly killing off the organic game day experience the fans brought in year 1 until now.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sick of being angry,frustrated and putting up with a poor product on the pitch from this season. I have wanted this season to end now since July. It's been a horrible, weekend-ruining experience as the product has been so dull.

MLSE gives us what we want (Mo gone) a week before ST renewals then tries to sell a bare-arsed lie that the timing had nothing to do with renewals.

They make all the right noises about apprciating the support then turn around and tell us we cannot renew unless we stump up for MLS Cup final tickets.

I'll be angry about this hike when I go to the match on Saturday. Why am I paying good money to get all worked up and bitter towards the club? I guess the option is not to care about being taken for granted by MLSE or drop the season tickets but in truth I do not "want" to do either.

I'm one of those who lives and breathes his football teams (TFC and City), cannot start the workday without checking the headlines, checks frequently thru the day, watches Gol TV for all the TFC content, has a closet full of TFC gear, and quite frankly right now I feel only animosity towards Toronto FC.

what he says is what my brain thinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yup they think were all idiots and that we just fell off the turnip truck yesterday. Didnt they spin the whole 'turn things around' during last years renewals as well?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Fuck Anselmi and his lame-ass BS

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1715784/

Who are all these clubs in England that have 70,000 - 80,000 seatt stadiums?? Only 1 team. The majority of the EPL teams have stadiums under 40K seating. Some are under 30k.

At least give us the respect that we might know something about football and stop speaking out of your ass! They really think we are a bunch of fucking idiots. I'm starting to personally hate that guy and I've never even met him.

wigan and blackburn would consistently kick the shit out of us, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nobodybeatsthewiz View Post
    wigan and blackburn would consistently kick the shit out of us, too.
    wow there... dont you dare compare apples to oranges, as in actual skilled entertaining footie vs preki-ball...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$643 bolton
    $1,643 tfc

i know what looks more appealing to me

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the comparison to EPL is valid (other may, I don't) but comparing the cost of the east-side reds to other MLS teams:

Toronto - $1562
    LA - $1100
    Philly - $740
    RSL - $550
    Chicago - $600

One of these things is not like the other....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the part that irks me. That Anselmi guy, has about as much soccer knowledge as my girlfriend who btw also does not know what TFC stands for (he called TFC FC at a presser ). He's is insulting our intelligence by telling us timing of Mo and Preki's firing had nothing to do with renewals and we can't compare prices in EPL because of stadium size. If this is the guy we have to assure us that putting down $3000 a year is a good investment then we are screwed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi talked about Man U's financial problems vs. TFC's stability. What the heck does that have to do with it? If anything, I would think Man U would charge MORE for their tickets so they could try to dig themselves out of their financial hole.