Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great article by Paul James - hard to argue with him at all. I think we've reached a new low at this organization.. time to take a long, hard think to the matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the Nigel Reed article, we're lucky to have him commenting on TFC issues.

Also agree with Paul James, it'll be interesting to hear Daso's reaction to the DeRo issue. It's unfortunate that his leadership is being tested literally days into his tenure. I doubt he'll rock the boat on this one, but I really wish he would.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coed ladies 1 and 2

Also RPB Indoor League info is now out in the RPB section of the board. If you want to play or want to form a team please send me a PM asap!!!
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Love the Nigel Reed article, we're lucky to have him commenting on TFC issues.
    Its a good piece. I like how he takes time to mention the season ticket price increase and he touches the issue of empty seats as well. Calling out the FO for the 'announced' attendance.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with a lot of that Paul James article, especially about patience, and getting good system in then adding in players to open it up and be more offensive

My thoughts on de ro's leadership skills.

Less stevie G, more Stevie Y please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daso was interviewed by Krystal and Dunleavy on Fan590 this morning...at the end of the interview Krystal asked why a non-soccer fan should go to a game, Daso's main answer...the atmosphere lol...supporters are still getting whored out to sell tickets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    Agree with a lot of that Paul James article, especially about patience, and getting good system in then adding in players to open it up and be more offensive

My thoughts on de ro's leadership skills.

Less stevie G, more Stevie Y please
    Love the blog. Can't see DeRo ever reaching Stevie Y's leadership ability. DeRo is 32 and has *never* been a captain anywhere he's been. Never been an assistant captain that I know of.

Our greatest need is a leader and a captain. Someone who is a natural leader. Stevie Y was 21 when he was named captain and played 1300 games as captain without issue. DeRo had contract issues in Houston, complained on TV last year about his salary and complained *in-game* about his salary while he's the captain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
    Daso was interviewed by Krystal and Dunleavy on Fan590 this morning...at the end of the interview Krystal asked why a non-soccer fan should go to a game, Daso's main answer...the atmosphere lol...supporters are still getting whored out to sell tickets
    Missed the interview, what else did Daso say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?cont...27_084321_6076

Daso responds to the disappointing loss to SJ and "The Gesture"...

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last line in the Nigel article says it all.

The ticket price increase is especially galling since this team is being blown up once again in a few weeks and next season, we'll be watching an expansion team play at BMO. In the supporters' case, they'll be paying 77% more than they did in Year 1 for the privilege.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So apparently, Daso did not notice DeRo's goal celebration during the match. Daso indicated that it was discussed by the coaching staff after the game. He also mentioned that he would be discussing the issue with DeRo this morning and the matter will be dealt with internally. Fair enough.

At this point, the need for damage control on the public relations front is critical. It will be very interesting to see if DeRo issues a public statement to address the negative backlash from fans and media alike...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mornin

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    At this point, the need for damage control on the public relations front is critical. It will be very interesting to see if DeRo issues a public statement to address the negative backlash from fans and media alike...
    I wonder if the club even cares. The goal celebration incident has taken some of the heat off the club for its season ticket price increases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default This says it all

"What kind of captain, as his team crashes out of the playoff contention for a fourth straight year, demands a pay raise?"

This team is poison. From top to bottom.

There is no quick fix...however, I do feel that perhaps the captain must go.

Either that - or most of the team around him...much like a coach, a captain can "lose the room"...and with that simple gesture, I would wager Dero, lost a lot of the room...if he had any of it to begin with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I wonder if the club even cares. The goal celebration incident has taken some of the heat off the club for its season ticket price increases.
    I'm not sure about that. If anything, it has added fuel to the fire. I personally don't think the gesture in of itself was a big deal but the timing couldn't have been worse. In an ideal scenario, DeRo will issue a public statement acknowledging that he made an error in judgement and that the supporters in Toronto deserve better...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So apparently, Daso did not notice DeRo's goal celebration during the match. Daso indicated that it was discussed by the coaching staff after the game. He also mentioned that he would be discussing the issue with DeRo this morning and the matter will be dealt with internally. Fair enough.

Thanks for the link.

I've never heard Andrew Krystal before and I hope I never hear him again, what a douchebag.

Good on Dunleavy to discuss strikers missing the net and bringing up the DeRo gesture.

I'm glad Daso will be addressing it internally (its pretty much the least we could ask for), but it doesn't appear as though he'll be stripping DeRo of the armband, which is what I would prefer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about that. If anything, it has added fuel to the fire. I personally don't think the gesture in of itself was a big deal but the timing couldn't have been worse. In an ideal scenario, DeRo will issue a public statement acknowledging that he made an error in judgement and that the supporters in Toronto deserve better...
    I doubt DeRo will do that, especially since he 1. affirmed it in CBC after the match and 2. posted the news links on his facebook and twitter feeds, as though he's proud of his actions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link.

I've never heard Andrew Krystal before and I hope I never hear him again, what a douchebag.

Good on Dunleavy to discuss strikers missing the net and bringing up the DeRo gesture.

I'm glad Daso will be addressing it internally (its pretty much the least we could ask for), but it doesn't appear as though he'll be stripping DeRo of the armband, which is what I would prefer.
    I think stripping DeRo of the armband would be an extreme reaction to the incident and ultimately lead to more controversy. The only way to diffuse the situation is if he issues a public statement. TFC is playing a meaningful game tomorrow and if they hope to salvage anything at all from this clusterfuck of a season the club has to move past this incident as quickly and painlessly as possible...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think stripping DeRo of the armband would be an extreme reaction to the incident and ultimately lead to more controversy. The only way to diffuse the situation is if he issues a public statement. TFC is playing a meaningful game tomorrow and if they hope to salvage anything at all from this clusterfuck of a season the club has to move past this incident as quickly and painlessly as possible...
    Yeah, I tend to agree with you on this point. The last thing we need is yet another unnecessary distraction. It'll probably get swept under the rug with DeRo playing a low profile on TFC TV and other public appearances.

We'll never know if it happens, but I hope DeRo gives his teammates an apology in the locker room. They truly deserve it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine the coaches will observe the other players reactions and that will provide the evidence for if they need to change captain or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV Ratings... 85,000...

Very low for a CBC National Game...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I would hope so, but Dasovic is playing his role for landing a long-term position so I can't see him rocking the boat too heavily on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    TV Ratings... 85,000...

Very low for a CBC National Game...

Carts...
    Possible competition? NFL / CFL / MLB playoffs / NHL preseason?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or the club is just playing shit...so why watch shit!

I watched shit on Saturday.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think their was any direct competition from any of these.

It appears the TV viewers have tuned out the team the same way ticket holders have stopped showing up.

An interesting comparison comes from last season. In a must win game against RSL late last year, CBC actually had a ratings jump. This season a must win game gave CBC one of its worst ratings of the season. This season it looks like the fanbase gave up earlier.
    Last edited by menefreghista; 09-27-2010 at 02:19 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say that P.James article today was very good.

few things stood up that I agree 100% with him:

It is where Frank Yallop over the past three years has been patient. After getting his team’s defensive stability in place during his first two seasons, San Jose now display more balanced attacking ability. The approach highlights the careless mistake in moving out Preki at absolutely the wrong time.
    and this:

Wondolowski aside from showing real quality in the final third also displayed wonderful athleticism which includes terrific pace. And all for $48,000.
    Meanwhile the main talking point of the game was TFC captain Dwayne DeRosario’s decision to imitate the writing of a check to the crowd illustrating his unhappiness at making $443,750 per season.
    It will unfortunately go down in memory as an arrogant, selfish, and completely egotistical gesture which his teammates and fans have the right to feel bitterly disappointed about.
    Dwayne DeRosario is an excellent player at the MLS level. There is no argument there. But at the same time he has proven to be a poor leader. Whether undermining former coaches Dale Mitchell (Canadian national team) or Preki he has shown that his football career is more about him than anybody or anything else. His actions and comments confirm the point.
    I think we should let him go,sometimes getting rid of a star player makes the team better.I have a feeling now it obvious who is the poison in the change room.

I would like to see who in MLS will pay him 400K.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I don't think their was any direct competition from any of these.

It appears the TV viewers have tuned out the team the same way ticket holders have stopped showing up.

An interesting comparison comes from last season. In a must win game against RSL late last year, CBC actually had a ratings jump. This season a must win game gave CBC one of its worst ratings of the season. This season it looks like the fanbase gave up earlier.
    I would be interested to see a figure comparison to last year's ratings at this time. The playoffs were more likely for TFC last year, hence greater viewership. I think the fans all knew before the SJ game that the playoffs werent going to happen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the fans all knew before the SJ game that the playoffs werent going to happen.
    This is true. And its possible that some turned it off after it was 1-0 for San Jose.

That's what 4 years of pessimism does to a person.