Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milltown FC season tickets were $69.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    I know I'm thinking about getting them or hamilton

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neuf View Post
    2007 South end prices - $200 for 18 games = $11.11 per game
    2011 South end prices - $433 for 22 games = $19.68 per game

Increase of 77% since season one. Nice.
    But the product has gotten 77% better....
    yes we have grass...but we also got Edu Money...and we'll soon get Frei Money...

I know I chose to put a lot of time and money into this thing...but to be forced to buy tix to see the MLS Cup which I won't really care about...
    I know the $400 in 2006...was pretty low.
    but $900 doesn't seem to be worth it...i'm really struggling with what I'm going to do. (Getting married this winter...honeymoon or a rebuilding season)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    What do you base that on? That a bunch of STH's stopped showing up to games? Those are still sold tickets to MLSE, and if they don'r renew, MLSE simply turn to the waiting list.

If ST renewals drop precipitously this year, I don't expect prices to go up again. But until then, they had over 90% renewal rates last season.

- Scott
    I think it's a little more then that though. It's the amount of seats they didn't sell to games that they didn't shove up our ass (concacaf games).

it's the fact that when I don't go to a game I pretty much have to settle for giving them away for free or hope to god that someone else is willing to trade for another game that they can't make it too. Which then in turn means I have to give those away for free as well.

There is no demand, it is all manufactured by MLSE at this point. I swear there is a crap load of people that really don't care to go anymore. it's obvious just amongts my friends and family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mods- I think this deserves its own updated-named thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If my signature wasn't so legendary, I would change it to the above.
    I'm happy to nick it for my signature and would urge others to do likewise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    but $900 doesn't seem to be worth it...i'm really struggling with what I'm going to do. (Getting married this winter...honeymoon or a rebuilding season)
    How much did you spend on that engagement ring for her?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    They should include every game they could possibly play and rape us as much as possible.

It will be a sad day (well at least for me) when I can't afford ST's this year.
    I'm with ya, if my seasons go up one cent I'm in serious doubt of renewing... I'm not even going to take an inflation increase. We deserve a discount for the farce the management of this team has been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I was the 7th prson to EVER sign up for season tix.
    I have 2 in 110 and 2 in 127 (Got those last season)....and based on the the price increase, the raping at concessions and that we are still shit, 4 years into a 5 year plan with that starting again next season...I am most probably bowing out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I think it's a little more then that though. It's the amount of seats they didn't sell to games that they didn't shove up our ass (concacaf games).

it's the fact that when I don't go to a game I pretty much have to settle for giving them away for free or hope to god that someone else is willing to trade for another game that they can't make it too. Which then in turn means I have to give those away for free as well.

There is no demand, it is all manufactured by MLSE at this point. I swear there is a crap load of people that really don't care to go anymore. it's obvious just amongts my friends and family.
    I don't necessarily dispute your point here Pachuco, but manufactured or not, they are still selling the seats. Eventually people are going to have to start refusing to renew in droves, for them to truly get the message from the fans. Perhaps that will happen this year.

I'd be interested to see how MLSE view the CONCACAF games - if they just view it as bonus cash, or if they plan to reduce the price of tickets to encourage more single ticket sales.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    Well, I was the 7th prson to EVER sign up for season tix.
    I have 2 in 110 and 2 in 127 (Got those last season)....and based on the the price increase, the raping at concessions and that we are still shit, 4 years into a 5 year plan with that starting again next season...I am most probably bowing out.
    READ THIS, PAUL B.

You are killing the golden goose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    READ THIS, PAUL B.

You are killing the golden goose.
    It's too late. Prices are now really going to drive people away with the team playing like it is. Even if they were a successful team, its price-skimming now. A future price-freeze (though after a recession and last place finishes, I am not sure what would cause one) is still freezing it at a higher level.

It's all down hill from here.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Why are you raising the price of Season tickets?
    LOL. He won't answer that. He never answers the tough questions.

The bottom line is that they think they can. Personally, I think they are gambling that the demand is still there for the higher priced season seats. But it would probably take one bad renewal period for them to lower their pricing.

I do get a kick out of the prices for the north end seats. It appears they want the north end to look as sparse next year as it did this year.

By the way, can anyone confirm for sure whether we have a choice for the MLS Cup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Not to mention if they miraculously qualified. Dino do you think you could afford to send Milltown to Honduras? I wish CSL was in the NCC but they won't even be looked at under they are more financially secure and they expand out west.
    totally off topic but in response to a direct question:

Finding the money to handle long distance travel is not the issue...being involved in the Voyageurs Cup would bring us HUGE sponsorship potential that would allow us to cover those travel costs. That is very high profile.

The biggest issue is that most CSL clubs do not play in a facility that is suitable for NCC play or CCL play.

the CSA has said that they need to know for certain that CSL clubs have the ability to fund a full run in the NCC/CCL. This is a fair request but I submit that they should set the criteria that would allow us to gain access to this tournament and then give the league champion a reasonable amount of time after the conclusion of the season (lets say 90 days) to secure the necessary financing (in the form of a security deposit) to permit that team to participate.

I also suggest that the CSL champion (as a lower division club) be required to take part in a play-in versus the lowest ranked team from the previous year's NCC. The winner of that play-in gets to take part in the full NCC tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    I have 2 STs in 115 and have been on the platinum list for extras since the list was introduced in 2007. I need 2 more STs as I bring Mrs Cityboy and the young hoolies to every match. I sense that people on the platinum and gold lists may get lucky at the end of the season (maybe not in the South stand, but next price bucket up).

For those dumping the expensive seats, I don't blame you. If I wasn't in the cheap seats I'd be doing the same.

Re the concession sales: on the rare occasion that I've bought a beer in BMO, I've not had more than one person in line ahead of me- contrast to 7-8 last season. Likewise the food stands.

I'd be interested to know what % decrease the club has seen in concession sales this season
    Yeah ML$E is catering to the wrong crowd... its the young, passionate, beer guzzling crowd that they've been pushing away with higher ticket prices and to much crowd control. And as the passion leaves so will the $$$.

I really think sports teams in Toronto are going to be seeing a new era where fans will increasingly hold them more accountable and ask for value for their dollar.... Blue Jays, Argos, TFC, Raptors are all going to see falling revenues and the Leafs will certainly see increasing disinterest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and you can bring 2 kids under 12 to the game for free with 1 of those passes.....

and a pretty nice scarf too!

and a 25% discount off all team merchandise

and a discount on playoff tickets.
    Last edited by VPjr; 09-20-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    and you can bring 2 kids under 12 to the game for free with 1 of those passes.....
    Can you get yourself a MLS team? Soon? Please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Can you get yourself a MLS team? Soon? Please?
    honestly...no thanks.

My partners and I are passionate about helping make the CSL a league Canada can be proud of. The MLS is and always will be a US league, and will never really be the solution to Canada's player development problem

I really wish people would really give the CSL a chance. Support the team in your neighbourhood or just pick a squad you like. Set aside $20.00 a year to get out to a couple of matches. Believe me, you won't be disappointed and the more fans we can attract, the more we can reinvest in the product on the field.

I've said it a bunch of times....the CSL is the best value for your sports dollar in Ontario, bar none.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck! A seat in the reds was $960 in 2007. The renewal price for 2011 is $1562. That's a $602 increase per ticket!!! I was thinking about downgrading to dark greys, but now I'm not even sure I want to take the chance that I won't find a seat I like. To reiterate, fuck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly...no thanks.

My partners and I are passionate about helping make the CSL a league Canada can be proud of. The MLS is and always will be a US league, and will never really be the solution to Canada's player development problem

I really wish people would really give the CSL a chance. Support the team in your neighbourhood or just pick a squad you like. Set aside $20.00 a year to get out to a couple of matches. Believe me, you won't be disappointed and the more fans we can attract, the more we can reinvest in the product on the field.

I've said it a bunch of times....the CSL is the best value for your sports dollar in Ontario, bar none.
    Super OT, but what if Milltown was approached by TFC about members of their coaching staff? A flat out no or would the potential compensation paid be worth it in terms of investing in the team?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The numbers don't lie, supporters are getting screwed next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly...no thanks.

If the CSL ever comes to the Durham region I'll be on board. I've never been as fed up as I am now with MLSE.

I'm not a Leafs fan, but I usually go to 2-3 games a year because I like hockey. Not any more. I've had partial packs (6 games) for the Raptors for the past few years. Not any more.

The main reason for me sticking with TFC is because there's an organized fan base who might actually influence things. If things get better, TFC will have me for life. If they continue on the path that they're on, they'll lose me for life.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    The numbers don't lie, supporters are getting screwed next season.
    Everyone is getting screwed. The supporters % is likely skewed by the relative high cost of the MLS final (as compared to the red, for example). At the end of the day, regardless of %, a real dollar increase of $200 per ticket for the reds also really hurts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Super OT, but what if Milltown was approached by TFC about members of their coaching staff? A flat out no or would the potential compensation paid be worth it in terms of investing in the team?

well, that's a very good question.

If they approached us, we'd have to listen. No proper professional club would ever want to deny its coaching staff the opportunity to take a step up the ladder professionally if preseented with a formal offer. That would be wrong.

Much in the same way as we want to be a pathway for players to graduate to the next level, the same would apply for coaches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the CSL ever comes to the Durham region I'll be on board. I've never been as fed up as I am now with MLSE.
    based on what the CSL commissioner said on Rogers TV recently, there is apparently interst from Durham region.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, that's a very good question.

If they approached us, we'd have to listen. No proper professional club would ever want to deny its coaching staff the opportunity to take a step up the ladder professionally if preseented with a formal offer. That would be wrong.

Much in the same way as we want to be a pathway for players to graduate to the next level, the same would apply for coaches.
    I'd like to think that Rafael Carbajal is at least in the conversation for the coaching job at TFC. I know it would be a huge loss for Milltown, but having someone that share's, or embodies even, Milltown's philosophy at TFC could do a lot of good for Canadian soccer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I do get a kick out of the prices for the north end seats. It appears they want the north end to look as sparse next year as it did this year.

By the way, can anyone confirm for sure whether we have a choice for the MLS Cup?
    I think there will be people buying up the Light Blue section if it is available because I would if I wanted my foot in the door from the gold list and didn't want to get stuck with Dark Greys like I did my first year. Light Blue still saves you money.

According to the renewal info there is no choice...MLS Cup is part of the package.

http://www.torontofc.ca/renew/index2.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    it's as easy as this...

good by mls
    hello csl the owner there care about there fans
    That's the most beautiful argument that your inarticulate self has ever made.

I think Milltown FC is a much closer drive, they win more games, and, the prices are way better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I think there will be people buying up the Light Blue section if it is available because I would if I wanted my foot in the door from the gold list and didn't want to get stuck with Dark Greys like I did my first year. Light Blue still saves you money.

According to the renewal info there is no choice...MLS Cup is part of the package.

http://www.torontofc.ca/renew/index2.html
    Light blue are some of my favourite seats at bmo but going from 40 bucks to 50 is a disgrace. I like them much better than the south end but not at this new price point. I was probably going to pick these as seasons if they were available to gold list members but not now. Unless light grey or yellow are available I don't think I'm buying seasons and I've been on the waiting list for 2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a Leafs fan, but I usually go to 2-3 games a year because I like hockey. Not any more. I've had partial packs (6 games) for the Raptors for the past few years. Not any more.

The main reason for me sticking with TFC is because there's an organized fan base who might actually influence things. If things get better, TFC will have me for life. If they continue on the path that they're on, they'll lose me for life.
    Dude, I just sent an email to my TFC rep expressing these exact sentiments. I was a Leaf fan, I was a Raptor fan, I might not be a TFC fan for much longer.

These guys (ML$E) are fucked!