Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    It's really no different than having to watch the Marlies play. Or like Leaf STH who had to pony up for the raptors.. It's a disgusting business model and Toronto's sports fans let them get away with it.
    Well, many of us footy-junkies will continue to pay for the shit product, but there are thousands of people who will not be there next year - and that will hopefully be enough to send a message to TFC/MLSE that we won't take this anymore. (except for us lost souls who continue to buy the crap)

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wife and I recently had a baby boy, I went from talking about adding two tickets if possible to today leaning against renewing at all.

Shocked when I saw the increase.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the MLS Cup was an opt in thing...I probably would have opted in...
    but being forced to buy tix...pisses me off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    you don't want to go to 21 TFC games? What I mean is, if TFC makes Nutrilite or CL, you don't want to go? you want league games only? Or you mean you can't attend all the games?
    If i could make it to all the games i would but I have a baby coming in January and an already busy summer will only get worse for me..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Wife and I recently had a baby boy, I went from talking about adding two tickets if possible to today leaning against renewing at all.

Shocked when I saw the increase.

Loved the baby pics bro...congrats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Well, many of us footy-junkies will continue to pay for the shit product, but there are thousands of people who will not be there next year - and that will hopefully be enough to send a message to TFC/MLSE that we won't take this anymore. (except for us lost souls who continue to buy the crap)
    I hear you but that's the problem here in Toronto, we realize and accept that they are putting a crap product on the field and we continue to buy the tickets. Of course they will raise the price, this is ML$E. Footie junkies as yourself should look at different methods of getting your so called fix, ie. TFC on TV, CSL games (which I try next year as well) as many have suggest in this thread, and then there is always the EPL, La Liga and so on.. Honestly, I don’t want to offend you or anyone else, but I just understand this sheep mentality we have in this city..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    MLSE doesn't understand the word "incentive". They've never really had to work hard to win fans, they've essentially been dropped in their laps.
    Yeah not shit.. When i spoke to the ticket rep she tried to sell me on the atmosphere at bmo.. I laughed at her and told her that it was US the supporters that made the atmosphere not MLSE... went on to say to me to look at the money being spent on development . I had to laugh it up again.. I told her that anyone that wants to try out for tfc reserve squad had to pony up almost a grand to try out so where is that money going to then ?. No comment on her part..

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Loved the baby pics bro...congrats.
    Thanks!

At the rate my tickets have increased if I passed them on to the boy he'll be paying $10,000/year for them when he grows up! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    if the MLS Cup was an opt in thing...I probably would have opted in...
    but being forced to buy tix...pisses me off.
    exactly what im talking about... The balls these people have amazes me..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah given the totality of the situation this increase is rather shocking.

I think MLSE are going to get a nice slap in the face this year from their renews and the waiting list might now be as deep as they assume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    I hear you but that's the problem here in Toronto, we realize and accept that they are putting a crap product on the field and we continue to buy the tickets. Of course they will raise the price, this is ML$E. Footie junkies as yourself should look at different methods of getting your so called fix, ie. TFC on TV, CSL games (which I try next year as well) as many have suggest in this thread, and then there is always the EPL, La Liga and so on.. Honestly, I don’t want to offend you or anyone else, but I just understand this sheep mentality we have in this city..
    I need proper atmosphere to get me going to a game. I don't think that's the case with CSL. Sorry. Also, the quality, skill and pace is worse than the MLS. Not sure I could take a step down from the crap served by the MLS. Cyprus sports better teams.

There is a problem with what you're saying. If I give up my ticket, how will I ever be able to get tickets again in the south end if TFC decides to play proper football next year? See, that's the unknown for us. Also, there is a HUGE difference between sheep who quietly accept the status quo, and then us who loudly protest pretty much every move made by TFC. Trust me, this is part of the culture of football. Supporters giving up seats is quite rare, and also not recommended. I support a Danish club that didn't win the title for 110 years, so what we're going through is nothing. I can take 4 years of shit - although I won't do so quietly.

When I give up my seat (and this may happen one day) it will be for good. In other words, I wouldn't make the move to send a message to TFC - because when I make the decision it's me saying "fuck you, couldn't care less if you improve or not - it's bye, bye". I am not ready to make that decision quite yet. Not because I'd miss the football or game experience, but because I would miss the pre- and post-game experience with my friends. Also, I want to see what changes may happen next year when the average is hopefully down to 14k. Most importantly we'll let the players know that we, the supporters, are still there - as much as management couldn't care less about us and our cheap tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's think about this angle.
    Capacity of BMO ~ 22,500
    # of STHs .........~16,500

Meaning that there are 6,000 tickets to be split between:
    2 sets of away supporters
    2 sets of club management/staff/sponsors etc
    MLS brass and corporate sponsors
    MLSE/TFC brass and corporate sponsors.

So, let's "assume" that there is high demand from the finalists- more than say the ~4,000 tickets that may be divided between the clubs after the suits have their freebies.

There is the high possibility that a flood of tickets will end up on ebay/craigslist.
    There will NO control in regards to segregation.
    This represents a safety threat to all.

What if it's Columbus v Seattle. A load of Crew fans end up with ebay tickets in the south stand, as do a bunch of Seattle fans along with a bunch of home TFC fans.
    Tell me, MLSE, what do you think might happen in that scenario?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...I'm thinking...
    HDTV TSN/2, Sportsnet and maybe soon sportsnet 1, setanta, maybe goltv
    Nice comfortable seat, bewerage in my hand...
    Uefa Champions League, EPL, La Liga, Seria A, Bundesliga 1 and maybe occasional TFC match...
    no traffic, no need to pay for parking($) or gas($) or GO ticket($)...no rain, no cold...no stress to be in my seat on time...no lineups to washrooms , better deal on beer($) or food($)
    Sounds good...

and maybe in the summer, when I need my football fix then I’ll come out for a TFC game or two...and if they still bad then I should get a good deal..

and all of this should be less than $1500?
    Last edited by markus; 09-21-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down This 2011 SSH renewal is Bullshit

Just seen my invoice for 2011, my seats went from $480 (2007) to $970 (2011), and to request mandatory purchase of the MLS Cup tickets in order to renew for next year should be criminal.

If were not in the MLS Cup (which most likely will be the case) I could care less about watching any other teams play for the championship.

I am also going to contact my account rep to give him a piece of my mind regarding this bullshit move by MLSE. Not sure it would do anything, however strenght comes in numbers, so everyone should do the same.

Our revolt was great in the closing minutes of the at the end of the United match, and I think we should bring it on again this Saturday against MLSE for this outrageous act against all of us.

Anyone know of a good chant ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if they are offering a payment plan this year? I logged on to account manager and the only option offered is to pay for the whole package in one payment. In previous years I've always used the multi-payment option to make it easier to cashflow. It seems crazy that they jack the prices and eliminated the multi-payment option at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooterTFC View Post
    Does anyone know if they are offering a payment plan this year? I logged on to account manager and the only option offered is to pay for the whole package in one payment. In previous years I've always used the multi-payment option to make it easier to cashflow. It seems crazy that they jack the prices and eliminated the multi-payment option at the same time.
    25 % down at renewal then a further 25% each in Nov, Dec, and Jan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markus View Post
    Hmmm...I'm thinking...
    HDTV TSN/2, Sportsnet and maybe soon sportsnet 1, setanta, maybe goltv
    Nice comfortable seat, bewerage in my hand...
    Uefa Champions League, EPL, La Liga, Seria A, Bundesliga 1 and maybe occasional TFC match...
    no traffic, no need to pay for parking($) or gas($) or GO ticket($)...no rain, no cold...no stress to be in my seat on time...no lineups to washrooms , better deal on beer($) or food($)
    Sounds good...

and maybe in the summer, when I need my football fix then I’ll come out for a TFC game or two...and if they still bad then I should get a good deal..

and all of this should be less than $1500?
    wow this option looks great.
    you've basically sold me.
    the money I save on Seasons, i'll put towards other football tv packages...and i'll still be able to get to a game or two.
    And I can still be a proud, contributing, RPB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    Let's think about this angle.
    Capacity of BMO ~ 22,500
    # of STHs .........~16,500

Meaning that there are 6,000 tickets to be split between:
    2 sets of away supporters
    2 sets of club management/staff/sponsors etc
    MLS brass and corporate sponsors
    MLSE/TFC brass and corporate sponsors.

So, let's "assume" that there is high demand from the finalists- more than say the ~4,000 tickets that may be divided between the clubs after the suits have their freebies.

There is the high possibility that a flood of tickets will end up on ebay/craigslist.
    There will NO control in regards to segregation.
    This represents a safety threat to all.

What if it's Columbus v Seattle. A load of Crew fans end up with ebay tickets in the south stand, as do a bunch of Seattle fans along with a bunch of home TFC fans.
    Tell me, MLSE, what do you think might happen in that scenario?
    ^this

seriously.... we know it will be with CREW fans with TFC fans.

this is a marquee event and there will be trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crew supporters at BMO have to be segregated or there WILL be trouble. They are mouthy fuck wits and the TFC contingent will not take it for long. The scenario set out above would be a disaster for the league.
    Last edited by Pigfynn; 09-21-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but I'd love to see MLSE's cash grab blow up in their face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re my earlier post...I would seriously like to flag this to MLS from a safety p-o-v.
    MLS likely couldn't care less about MLSE screwing the fanbase (tho Don Garber seems like a good enough guy, so maybe f##king one of the league's 2 decent fanbases may be of interest), but I guarantee there will be trouble in the stands with no segregation. And, honestly, why does MLSE/MLS not give a toss about ensuring safety thru segregation (bush league or what?)?

Boris/Phil...you guys have laid low so far on the ST issue(perhaps formulating ideas rather than jumping in feet first like the rest of us ), but I feel that if a respected group such as RPB alerted MLS to what could happen, we could:
    a) get MLSE to rethink their strategy of making Cup final tix mandatory
    b)alert MLS to a what could turn into a tragedy/embarassment to soccer in North America
    c) put MLS on notice as having flagged this.This shows Red Patch as the responsible SG that we pride ourselves as being.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

Mods, perhaps we move this idea to the Member Only area?
    Cheers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you read the stuff about the MLS cup tix...
    they talk about a special ticket.
    which makes me wonder if it will be incredibly hard to transfer.
    Thus...doing their best to avoid the Crew vs. TFC fans battle royal in the stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if its my ticket....i can sell it to whoever i want.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    re my earlier post...I would seriously like to flag this to MLS from a safety p-o-v.
    MLS likely couldn't care less about MLSE screwing the fanbase (tho Don Garber seems like a good enough guy, so maybe f##king one of the league's 2 decent fanbases may be of interest), but I guarantee there will be trouble in the stands with no segregation. And, honestly, why does MLSE/MLS not give a toss about ensuring safety thru segregation (bush league or what?)?

Boris/Phil...you guys have laid low so far on the ST issue(perhaps formulating ideas rather than jumping in feet first like the rest of us ), but I feel that if a respected group such as RPB alerted MLS to what could happen, we could:
    a) get MLSE to rethink their strategy of making Cup final tix mandatory
    b)alert MLS to a what could turn into a tragedy/embarassment to soccer in North America
    c) put MLS on notice as having flagged this.This shows Red Patch as the responsible SG that we pride ourselves as being.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

Mods, perhaps we move this idea to the Member Only area?
    Cheers
    There is a discussion ongoing in the members area. Place your plans in there:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24672
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I came late in this discussion.
    Is there an official release from TFC on what the Season Ticket package does include?
    Aside from Paul's tweet of course.
    I got the email from TFC and I don't see what the season ticket package includes.
    Thanks for any help.

Edit; Found the website with the info. Duh!!
    Last edited by boban; 09-21-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets try and get something organised as a way off protesting ,iff we bring this to the attention off the tv and media it will not look great for mlse the great franchise that is tfc fans are protesting will be seen and wrote abt all over the states

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thought Paul mentioned a $1 increase?

Light grey are $21 each v. $19 last year; factor in the HST bonus (2%) and it seems like 12.5% increase this year.

Was southend a lower increase than light grey?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedMAN127 View Post
    thought Paul mentioned a $1 increase?

Light grey are $21 each v. $19 last year; factor in the HST bonus (2%) and it seems like 12.5% increase this year.

Was southend a lower increase than light grey?
    Higher; they also went up $2 ... $17 to $19. All the other seats were only $1 though ... and quiet reasonable compared to inflation (a $60 seat to $61 is below inflation).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Higher; they also went up $2 ... $17 to $19. All the other seats were only $1 though ... and quiet reasonable compared to inflation (a $60 seat to $61 is below inflation).
    And yet entirely an unreasonable increase based on a dozen other factors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I need proper atmosphere to get me going to a game. I don't think that's the case with CSL. Sorry. Also, the quality, skill and pace is worse than the MLS. Not sure I could take a step down from the crap served by the MLS. Cyprus sports better teams.

There is a problem with what you're saying. If I give up my ticket, how will I ever be able to get tickets again in the south end if TFC decides to play proper football next year? See, that's the unknown for us. Also, there is a HUGE difference between sheep who quietly accept the status quo, and then us who loudly protest pretty much every move made by TFC. Trust me, this is part of the culture of football. Supporters giving up seats is quite rare, and also not recommended. I support a Danish club that didn't win the title for 110 years, so what we're going through is nothing. I can take 4 years of shit - although I won't do so quietly.

When I give up my seat (and this may happen one day) it will be for good. In other words, I wouldn't make the move to send a message to TFC - because when I make the decision it's me saying "fuck you, couldn't care less if you improve or not - it's bye, bye". I am not ready to make that decision quite yet. Not because I'd miss the football or game experience, but because I would miss the pre- and post-game experience with my friends. Also, I want to see what changes may happen next year when the average is hopefully down to 14k. Most importantly we'll let the players know that we, the supporters, are still there - as much as management couldn't care less about us and our cheap tickets.
    Fair enough, you make some very valid points, especially the pre and post game enjoyment. At the end of the day if you or anyone else feels that the price is acceptable then you shouldn't give up your tickets and enjoy it for what it is. Myself I just cant justify $2300 for the year and I can't really move to the cheaper sections as I bring my 70 year old father, who's had a knee replacement so he can't stand the entire game. Also I bring my kids 3 and 5 years old respectively.

But I ask you one thing, does the team in Denmark that hasn't won anything in 110 years screw over the fans by raising prices year in and year out?