Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ST package for 2011-update 20 Sep

Tweet from @Paul Beirne
    Paulbeirne

Season ticket package for 2011 will include 2010 MLS Cup, 17 MLS games, and first 4 NCC and CCL games.

Looks like ML$E is pissing away the goodwill won today IF MLS Cup tickets are compulsory. On the plus side the friendly is gone...let's see the prices first tho before we jump to conclusions...

There is bound to be an increase to allow for 2 more league games...but including 4 NCC/CCL matches is an assumption...if we lose the NCC there are 2 matches we've prepayed for unnecessarily.
    Last edited by TFC Cityboy; 09-14-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should include every game they could possibly play and rape us as much as possible.

It will be a sad day (well at least for me) when I can't afford ST's this year.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its still not clear whether the MLS Cup is an opt in or not. People shouldn't jump to conclusions.

MLS Cup aside, I actually like the structure of the package. Now whether I like the price is another story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    They should include every game they could possibly play and rape us as much as possible.

that's what the leafs do apparently. the season tickets include every playable game. even stanley cup finals ones with the leafs vs ??? printed on them.

or so i hear.

they must collect a shit tonne of interest on that for the year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too Almo. I can't find work and it looks like I'm SOL for tickets this upcoming year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the intl friendly ticket's face value was worth 2 regular mls games thus I imagine that season ticket prices should stay on par with last years price level?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the MLS Cup game tickets will have pictures of Mo's head on a platter.

This is going to be very, very interesting to see how they price this.

MLSE are replacing the summer friendly with the MLS Cup game. But the friendly was "included".
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They better deliver a special ticket for the MLS Cup. I don't want to print a PDF for that game. I would like a special ticket like the All-Star game had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Its still not clear whether the MLS Cup is an opt in or not. People shouldn't jump to conclusions.

MLS Cup aside, I actually like the structure of the package. Now whether I like the price is another story.
    editred my first post to make that clearer-cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to say this because people seem to be SOL for tickets, but if anyone has a 112 ticket that they are looking to sell for the upcoming season, I would be interested in buying the season ticket off you for the upcoming year should someone look to be holding onto their ticket and are unable to afford it at the current time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two thoughts, first that the PB's tweets about season ticket package for next year hours after MoJo's firing means the firing was *specifically* sales-oriented. The move to fire MoJo was not empathetic, they weren't "listening to fans," but the whole thing was constructed to make money off of relieved fans. While this shouldn't really come as a surprise, it seems that no matter who's in ML$E's revolving door, the money-grubbing corporate policy doesn't seem to change. Money first, fans second. I'm sick of it.

Second thought, this is what PB wrote in response to someone:
    don't ask me to quote the prices - but you're in 113 right? Yours go up a buck I think.
    A freeze on ticket increases is good news and completely justified

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the mlse a taking fucking a hell of a lot for granted,this is there bread and butter,an mls final in our ground that tfc will not be playing in,2 games in cc 2games in concaf all midweek fixtures,have our money for6 months making intrest, people are in prison for things like this it called fucking extotion,iff this is the case i will not be renewing my season tickets 2 go f youselfs mlse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ LOLLL c'mon guys, this is the gloriest day in TFC's history, no need to become petty little Mo Johnstons

But yeah, seriously dude, if anyone in the top of 110 wasnt to give up their seasons, I'll be on that like Mo in the line for EI.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess they are including the first couple of CCL games because they didn't like having to struggle to sell tickets to the CCL like this year. If the same format is kept they won't be able to sell the group stage as a package. I bet the format is changing next year because I can't see them painting themselves into that type of corner.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    the intl friendly ticket's face value was worth 2 regular mls games thus I imagine that season ticket prices should stay on par with last years price level?
    This would make sense. So it probably won't happen. I'd be thrilled if ti did though - two real games instead of one fake, crap one? Sweet.

There's a tiny piece of me infected with a feel-good factor after today's events, and I am wondering if MLSE are about to say "you know what guys, you've stuck with us for four years and we've not delivered you any play off worthy seasons, so the MLS Cup Final is on us for buying all those shirts and over priced beers".

Wait - all those games for no actual price increase?! I know I know but let the warm fuzzy feeling last just a little bit longer before we get the MLSE face slap back into reality...
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to remember the Nutrilite Canadian Championship most likley will have four teams in it next year with Edmonton coming onto the scene, meaning their wil be three NCC games at BMO in 2011. So those three games plus the preliminary CCL game will be included in our season ticket packages.

So if you look back the FO has gone both ways with the preliminary CCL game, it has been included with our SS (2009) and on the other hand it has been an opt in (2010) I figure they have realized it is better to include right out of the gate and then have to refund it, thus giving them 16,000 tickets sold before the season starts rather than have to sell them later on and have their customer base opt in.

If you look even further back to 2008, the first year of the NCC, those tickets were an opt in, and that is how alot of people were able to experience the bunker for the first time when people in 112 did not purchase their tickets.

In terms of the friendly, it got me thinking that we might just see one friendly against a big club in 2011. If you think back to when Real Madrid game was anounced I think it was talked about how MLSE would like to have a big name club every two years for a special game of sorts, which would fit if they are still planning to go down that road. One that we would have to buy as an extra.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 09-14-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Me too Almo. I can't find work and it looks like I'm SOL for tickets this upcoming year.
    welcome to my world this season

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmph.

I wonder how they'll fit in the people on the Gold waiting list who get a chance to move up to full seasons tickets. Normally they don't get this done until the very end of November, which will be after the 2010 MLS Cup final this year.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    Tweet from @Paul Beirne
    Paulbeirne

Season ticket package for 2011 will include 2010 MLS Cup, 17 MLS games, and first 4 NCC and CCL games.

Looks like ML$E is pissing away the goodwill won today IF MLS Cup tickets are compulsory. On the plus side the friendly is gone...let's see the prices first tho before we jump to conclusions...

There is bound to be an increase to allow for 2 more league games...but including 4 NCC/CCL matches is an assumption...if we lose the NCC there are 2 matches we've prepayed for unnecessarily.
    Take the Dark Gray seats...

At approx $100 a game (its more, but our SSH price works close to that), the SSH package will be $2500 min...

Add in MLS Cup and you're looking at least $2600 more like $2700...

That's up from $1900 last year...

$600-$800 PRICE HIKE...!!!

If that's the case, KISS GOODBYE THE FULL STADIUM...

No shot people continue to shell out that for this...

I always said "MLSE knows how to make money" but I am begining to think that they have been simply riding the Maple Leaf coattails in this city if they come up with this...

MLSE, BAD BUSINESS DECISION...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carts - keep faith. If the south end has only gone up $1 (according to a PB tweet) and the MLS Cup Final, two extra league games and the NCC/CCL qualifier are all included, then that's a good sign. Recently the cheaper seats have been seeing the bigger percentage increases, while the higher priced seats were cooled in terms of hikes (at least, I think that's the case). So, if south end is only up $1, rest of the stadium may also be pretty much frozen?

Look at it this way - whatever Anselmi said in his presser yesterday, MSLE realise that the team has shit the bed for 4 years, that fan attendance is dropping and that people across the board are getting bored, frustrated, angry or losing interest. THAT'S the real reason they took drastic action yesterday, to address those fan concerns and try to rescue the turnout. The single best way to back that up would be a price freeze for next season with a whole bunch of extra stuff thrown in (ie, a price drop in real terms).

Ok, the single best way would be a price reduction with extra stuff thrown in, but you have to be realisitic in your optimism...

If the increase is $1/game and not $1 overall, then it's still only a $4 increase for the south end. Not sure what that would translate into for dark greys but that's the area most likely to get hit in the renewal/relocation process, so my guess is they will keep any increase there nominal too.
    Last edited by Hitcho; 09-15-2010 at 06:06 AM.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
    that's what the leafs do apparently. the season tickets include every playable game. even stanley cup finals ones with the leafs vs ??? printed on them.

or so i hear.

they must collect a shit tonne of interest on that for the year.
    Leafs season tickets include all the regular and pre-season games - all at the same price. Come playoff time you get the option of buying your seats for the first two series and then the next two. You buy all the games and if they are not played I believe you either get a refund or a credit for the season seats the next year....at least that is how it was last time the team made the playoffs...man, I want to cry now...

Mikey

I doubt the minimal South End ticket hike has anything to do with the fans..... Does HST apply to the ticket sales for the first time on this renewal? If so, isn't everyone looking at an 8% jump? trying to pile on a typical ML$E gouge on top of that would no doubt get a resounding "fuck NO!" from 50% of the existing ticket base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I doubt the minimal South End ticket hike has anything to do with the fans..... Does HST apply to the ticket sales for the first time on this renewal? If so, isn't everyone looking at an 8% jump? trying to pile on a typical ML$E gouge on top of that would no doubt get a resounding "fuck NO!" from 50% of the existing ticket base.

Actually the whole tax thing is going down 2% but that will be absorbed inside the ticketing pricing i suspect. Paying the same as last year will be $1 more plus the 2% tax savings absorbed by MLSE.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Not quite:

Currently:

GST - 5%
    Entertainment Tax - 10%
    Total - 15%

New HST world:
    HST - 13%

So... a savings of 2%!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pesonally, I couldn't give a rat's ass about the MLS Cup game unless TFC are in it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    Pesonally, I couldn't give a rat's ass about the MLS Cup game unless TFC are in it.
    HAHAHA! Did not see that coming!

Couldn't agree more.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to know why it's going up a dollar. I know its not much. But why is it going up? The value isnt higher as you used to be able to sell the friendly off to help cover costs, now that game is represented in two games you cant sell. I truly hate MLSE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    I want to know why it's going up a dollar. I know its not much. But why is it going up? The value isnt higher as you used to be able to sell the friendly off to help cover costs, now that game is represented in two games you cant sell. I truly hate MLSE.
    Because TFC is expecting a mass exodus from expensive seats to cheap seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year I had 6 tickets (2 for me, 2 for friends, and 2 for family). The total cost was $4,382 ($1862/pair for dark greys, $646/pair for supporters). Now if they go beyond the $2K mark for the dark greys, I am going to definately consider moving 2 of the 4 I have from dark grey. I can't justify it, especially since most of the money I get back once the season starts only.

I am one of those that may be looking to move to cheaper seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raising the pries a cent is still more then necessary, especially when the price has already been needlessly inflated the past 3 times. Though I suspect most consumers will overlook that.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid