Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't doubt that he tried. He did a few good things with the team and it's never going to be so easy to slap a guys name in a chant when it's time for them to go.

Maybe the next guy who sticks can be named Joe just to make it easy on everyone.

Good luck Mo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad both MOFOS are gone,Now we need to get rid of the only MOFO left NICK GARCIA .The rest your playing for jobs next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MO Johnston's Twitter record:

http://twitter.com/MoJohnstonTFC

I love the "Are you happy now Red Patch" LOL how those words carry weight now!

Anyhow...

The twitter does remind me that I do have something to thank him for! The Edu sale and the Edu grass... that's enough.

@FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't doubt that loved working for this club and that he was proud of this club , which I appreciate. Mo will always be part of our history and our first days. Things change and managers go (very often actually) nothing personal at all...but seriously thank fucking god he has moved on.

A new day! Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    sorry..I find this thread a tad hypocritical.
    Having said that, if King Dave is big enough to say something nice, I will too
    It was more done as a joke than anything else. Typically someone makes an appreciation thread when someone leaves the club. I noticed nobody else did.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*single tear*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Mo was our first ever coach and manager and no amount of commentary can change that.
    By rights he should be put on the Wall of Honour with Brennan (first captain) and Dicchio (first goal)...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo is nothing more than a patter merchant.

His charm and cheek has fooled many...at MLSE and here on this board. He was a great player but perhaps a greater con man. His shell game of coaches and players has finally caught up with him.

The best I can say is what I said when Mo was hired. Mo...get to fuck!
    Last edited by Toronto_Bhoy; 09-14-2010 at 08:46 PM.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Stone View Post
    By rights he should be put on the Wall of Honour with Brennan (first captain) and Dicchio (first goal)...
    Wow! That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Oh wait...sarcasm, right?

Ummmm, yeah. I don't see how people wishing him good luck and don't feel like shitting on a guy who just lost his job somehow translates to opposition to his departure.

I mean, only an idiot would assume otherwise. Right? I mean, moderately intelligent and reasonable people certainly wouldn't do such a thing. Agreed?
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 09-14-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Mo - very much.

I believe he tried his best and i really wanted him to succeed, obviously cause we would have all succeeded...but it was not too be.

you broke the cherry - - you were the first coach and GM - you will be remembered.

Danny is a legend because Mo brought him here - thank you...

Edu for grass - ah what the hell - the grass will be here long after the memory, as it should be

Mo also helped to install a structure around the organization

he was also a proponent of Canadian football and i really think he meant it - so thank you for that - Canadian football has and will be stronger for TFC

this should be a time for gratitude in our young history

i hope you are warmly received in the future - you tried your best, it wasn't enough, but that's ok....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    Thank you Mo - very much.

I believe he tried his best and i really wanted him to succeed, obviously cause we would have all succeeded...but it was not too be.

you broke the cherry - - you were the first coach and GM - you will be remembered.

Danny is a legend because Mo brought him here - thank you...

Edu for grass - ah what the hell - the grass will be here long after the memory, as it should be

Mo also helped to install a structure around the organization

he was also a proponent of Canadian football and i really think he meant it - so thank you for that - Canadian football has and will be stronger for TFC

this should be a time for gratitude in our young history

i hope you are warmly received in the future - you tried your best, it wasn't enough, but that's ok....
    I'd actually agree with that. He gave a lot of Canadians opportunities, especially when he was GM and coach. He also released a lot of players for Internationals. I always got the feeling Mo cared about Canada and TFC if he was a bumbling Manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Wow! That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think?
    To be honest it's a bit of a stretch to have Brennan and Dicchio on the Wall of Honour... two average MLS players on TFC teams that never made the playoffs... but if they are up there for being "firsts" than Mo should go up there as well...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The touble with Mo is that all the stuff he gets credit for seems so long ago. I used to be a staunch defender of Mo, but somewhere after season 2 that turned and got lost in the mire. By the end I was so desperate to get rid of him that I had forgotten I used to defend him or why. So, casting my mind back...

Brennan as first player and capt - excellent move
    Robbo - also excellent
    Dichio - master stroke and surely Mo's finest move the way things turned out
    Guevara - a calculated gamble that turned out very well
    Ricketts and Robert - nice idea, good ambition, but poorly thought through and executed
    The Canadian Rush - good for the identity of the club, like that he did that
    The Drafting - Edu and Frei were both great, and Frei may become a long term legend
    De Ro - brilliant capture to pull off, may have soured it with lies about wages etc
    De Guz - seemed impossible, he got it done, but were we JDG's de facto last option?
    Nana - can he claim credit for that?

I think that's about it. Anyway it's sad that all of the above, along with the fact he was our first ever coach, has been buried under a shit storm of shit storms. Hopefully in time memory will be kinder to Mo, but frankly he deserves a lot of the grief he has got from fans.

Don't worry about Mo - he's a survivor and will land on his feet. And lest we forget, he no doubt got a big pay off for having his contract snipped, and probably took another big pay cheque to sign up to a "no bean spilling" agreement. He's probably loaded and laughing right now. I for one don't feel bad for him!
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    It was more done as a joke than anything else. Typically someone makes an appreciation thread when someone leaves the club. I noticed nobody else did.
    I'd assumed it was, then some nice comments were made...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    As much as I hate what he did, I do kinda feel for him. I cant see there being any other club that would hire him. He will likely not find any other clubs to take him on as a manager.

Hopefully he does find a McDonalds or something that will take him on... As long as its not in Ontario :P
    Dear Maurice - it might serve you well to learn the following phrase: "would you like fries with that?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    Dear Maurice - it might serve you well to learn the following phrase: "would you like fries with that?"
    I was waiting for you to pay tribute to ole ginger bollocks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    I was waiting for you to pay tribute to ole ginger bollocks
    If it was up to me, not only would I have fired him but I'd have forced him to re-settle in East Anglia.

Stupid bollocks would go mad in no time!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree with Heart of Stone.

A "Wall of Fame" at this stage in TFC's history is ridiculous. More of Mo's shell game.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for getting fired.

Yours truly,

AL-MO

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Well said AL-MO!^^

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate Mo and all he had/hasn't done the last few years. While in some cases hind sight armchair quarterbacking can be easy to diagnose a team's problems, but TFC's problems are obvious. TFC couldn't score because we had no width, never bought a striker of any real top quality (Sorry Danny D.) and Mo MAY have compromised his and the team's integrity by buying so many First Wave Sports Marketing players.

If Mo can't find a job as a manager I think we will see him as a 'consultant' for Frist Wave.

If anyone is feeling sorry for him don't, he will find a job and if not he will write a book about how hard his life was playing for both sides of Glasgow and how he took a scrappy up start MLS team with no prospects and did...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Robbo - also excellent
    Ricketts and Robert - nice idea, good ambition, but poorly thought through and executed
    The Drafting - Edu and Frei were both great, and Frei may become a long term legend
    De Ro - brilliant capture to pull off, may have soured it with lies about wages etc
    De Guz - seemed impossible, he got it done, but were we JDG's de facto last option?
    I would have been with you until the middle of last season. All the good things except JDG, wich to your point we were his last option, were all done before the start of the 2009 season. Until the middle of last year we were getting better and better but by about July of last year the team started to fade. The off season in 2010 was such a complete failure MLS should have fired him in April except for the fact that who would want the job with most of the salary cap already spent and a roster full of overpaid players with no real value in a trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    The touble with Mo is that all the stuff he gets credit for seems so long ago. I used to be a staunch defender of Mo, but somewhere after season 2 that turned and got lost in the mire. By the end I was so desperate to get rid of him that I had forgotten I used to defend him or why. So, casting my mind back...

Robbo - also excellent

I think that's about it. Anyway it's sad that all of the above, along with the fact he was our first ever coach, has been buried under a shit storm of shit storms. Hopefully in time memory will be kinder to Mo, but frankly he deserves a lot of the grief he has got from fans.

Don't worry about Mo - he's a survivor and will land on his feet. And lest we forget, he no doubt got a big pay off for having his contract snipped, and probably took another big pay cheque to sign up to a "no bean spilling" agreement. He's probably loaded and laughing right now. I for one don't feel bad for him!

* Truth be told - Dichio was released by the Chicago Fire in preseason and his agent happened to get a trial at TFC at the last minute. Great stroke of luck for Mo and the fans.

* Robinson and his $315,000 4 year guaranteed contract with MLS could be one of the worst mistakes Mo made as a GM. Robinson's contract put a severe dent in Mo's ability to sign players in later years. Robinson was earning in the upper tier of MLS salaries where MLS legends like Sharlie Joseph, Steve Ralston, and even DeRo were making less. TFC are still paying more than $200,000 of Robinsons contract this season.

At the end of the day his attempt to hide, and shift the public attention to his coaches these past 2 years could not save him. If they do not make the playoffs again this year TFC will augment themselves as the worst onfield franchise in the history of MLS.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks for: Dichio, Frei, Dero, Guevara, Sutton, Nana, Edu, Robbo, Brennan, Barrett

Take credit for: Cann, Labrocca, Maicon

Nice Try with: Connor Casey, Nagamura, Marshall, Ricketts, Mista, Cronin, Serioux,

Um: DeDuzman, Cunningham, Samuel,

WTF: Welsh, Braz, Garcia..50 other guys who played for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BASE View Post
    * Truth be told - Dichio was released by the Chicago Fire in preseason and his agent happened to get a trial at TFC at the last minute. Great stroke of luck for Mo and the fans.
    Really? I thought Dichio never came over to NA in preseason. I thought I read he was contacted by Chicago but never actually kicked a ball around with them. Something to do with his immigration papers. Cuz Dichio was still playing with Preston North End pretty close to the time he transferred to MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio was at Chicago preseason in 2007. An American city would have been a better fit based on his American wife + immigration hurdles in order to play in Canada. A blessing for Dichio, his family, the fans and youth players in our city Chicago had someone more inept at running a team than Mo in John Guppy.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotr..._on_salas.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad Dichio is here in Canada. I think he'll be a great Canadian citizen should he choose that option. And I think he'll be a great coach if he doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Mo for this pic.

I'm glad you found your soulmate. Make you be happy together in Scotland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Thanks Mo for this pic.

I'm glad you found your soulmate. Make you be happy together in Scotland.
    And this is why yer a hell of a bastard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    And this is why yer a hell of a bastard.
    LOL I'm flattered