Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't even imagine how bad we would have been this year had we gotten rid of De Rosario.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I can't even imagine how bad we would have been this year had we gotten rid of De Rosario.
    agreed.
    im hesitant for players to have a say on how the team is run, as well as no one player is the team. DeRo is a huge part of this team and it would have been foolish to let him go. I refuse to think that DeRo is a troublemaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Based on what exactly? Evidence please. People here seem intent on demanding facts up until the moment that they want to believe something despite there being no evidence whatsoever to support what they want to believe.

I am around DeRo on a regular basis. Not once has he ever said a bad word about Preki. DeRo is a professional. He is concerned with two things. 1) Winning. 2) The well-being of his family, and all things linked to that effect, mainly being of course his contract.

Other than that, he has no interest in playing politics. His plate is full with his training and with his charitable efforts.

So where in these efforts have you seen or heard anything that indicates DeRo was a main instigator in what happened to Preki? Now YOU are just seeing what you want to see.
    Im not saying he was the main reason Preki was fired. I'm saying that he was never gonna work out under Preki because he's incapable of playing in his system. I'm quite sure that he probably told Preki that he just wants to win and do what it takes to do so, but I doubt that happened because of his inability to play a structured game. That's it. I'm not saying dero is the boogie man...just that he wasn't willing to fit into Prekis plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    agreed.
    im hesitant for players to have a say on how the team is run, as well as no one player is the team. DeRo is a huge part of this team and it would have been foolish to let him go. I refuse to think that DeRo is a troublemaker.
    not a troublemaker....see above

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    agreed.

Agreed, just because he had an ounce of skill preki wanted rid of him. Probably would have replaced him with another defensive-minded midfielder and we'd have scored about 6 goals this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All speculation on player power aside, who else is looking forward to seeing how this team plays tonight? The enthusiasm from yesterday's sackings, Daso letting them off the leash...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    All speculation on player power aside, who else is looking forward to seeing how this team plays tonight? The enthusiasm from yesterday's sackings, Daso letting them off the leash...
    Could be tough given that they polished off 14 cases of champagne on the flight out last night.

(OK I just made that up.)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Im not saying he was the main reason Preki was fired. I'm saying that he was never gonna work out under Preki because he's incapable of playing in his system. I'm quite sure that he probably told Preki that he just wants to win and do what it takes to do so, but I doubt that happened because of his inability to play a structured game. That's it. I'm not saying dero is the boogie man...just that he wasn't willing to fit into Prekis plan.
    That's not what you said though. You said that you were getting the feeling that DeRo and JDG were running the show. What exactly is this based on?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Agreed, just because he had an ounce of skill preki wanted rid of him. Probably would have replaced him with another defensive-minded midfielder and we'd have scored about 6 goals this season

Dear lord I think I would have lost my mind. Scored even LESS? Is that even possible? With Preki, it might have been...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy - no worries man, let people think what they want to think.

Dero is the heart and soul of this team. Without him we would be worse than year 1. People need to bash someone when there is change to FO. IF preki had his way I think by this point there would be no one left in the stadium.

Oh by the way people want to moan and bitch about the lack of salary cap space we have blame it solely on Mo. but TFC is paying for more than half of Robo's salary and that was Preki's decision as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    That's not what you said though. You said that you were getting the feeling that DeRo and JDG were running the show. What exactly is this based on?
    How about the fact that we had a coach (that most people wanted) and now, after less than one season, he's gone and the two biggest vocal players about it are JDG and DeRo.

They're also two players that Preki inherited from the last regime...who, by some accounts, he didn't want.

Now Preki is gone and DeRo remains.

So you tell me who you think is in charge.

Now I'm not suggesting that DeRo and JDG should be gone. I'm just wondering why two players of such talent couldn't buy into a system put in place by their coach.

Everybody talks about Preki's ego...but I think those two have pretty big egos too.

And please don't mention how you talk to DeRo on a somewhat regular basis and then expect me to take your analysis of this situation seriously.

What do you expect me to say. "Oh, he talks to DeRo so he's in the know"....please. If anything you're less in the know because you're letting one side of the story influence your opinion on the matter.

The truth is always somewhere in between the two sides and you're looking at this situation with one eye closed and the other blinded by corn rows.
    Last edited by v00d00daddy; 09-15-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when can we expect the Garcia announcement?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a thought (I get those from time to time)...What was the back breaker for MLSE to let the duo go? Was it the DCU game? Was it the attendance factor? Did a player(s) actually go before the MLSE group and list their grievences?
    In the article MLSE said they saw the club moving in the wrong direction....WELL DUH! We've been seeing this since the 2nd year.
    So what was it that made MLSE let Preki and Mo go NOW rather than after the season?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone FC View Post
    I had a thought (I get those from time to time)...What was the back breaker for MLSE to let the duo go? Was it the DCU game? Was it the attendance factor? Did a player(s) actually go before the MLSE group and list their grievences?
    In the article MLSE said they saw the club moving in the wrong direction....WELL DUH! We've been seeing this since the 2nd year.
    So what was it that made MLSE let Preki and Mo go NOW rather than after the season?
    In all fairness, it wasn't obvious until last year. Mo should have been fired after the 5-0 loss in NY.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question........................... Whos Are Coach For The Next Few Gamess!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    Didn't we just get rid of a Scottish head? :O

FACE to the PALM
    ummm....can think of doing worse than Sir Alex, David Moyes, Alex McLeish, Walter Smith etc etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I'm getting the impression that the players (JDG and DeRo mostly) run this show. They're gonna get the coach they want...who will let them do what they want.

So it's no surprise that they like Dasovic so much.

When the players start dictating the direction of the club nothing good can come from it.

I've always like JDG as a player but I'm starting to wish he and DeRo were elsewhere. DeRo especially.
    Yes, and Dero asked for the honor of being able to play with Peterson while JDG was begging for Preki to leave Garcia on the field so they could make the most assome defense together.

Oh, and let's not forget, It was them behind getting rid of TWO Canadian Internationals on the team (Serioux and Gerba) since they thought it would be a terrible idea to play with players they are accustomed to playing with.

It's all part of a Dero and JDG conspiracy. Dero is the GM, JDG is the coach.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're still shite. Including DeRo & JDG (most of the time).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Who's next to coach TFC?

This guy.
    Well, he's certainly used to getting fired every year!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supersaint View Post
    ummm....can think of doing worse than Sir Alex, David Moyes, Alex McLeish, Walter Smith etc etc etc.
    Sir Alex said in an interview that he nearly immigrated to Canada at one point.

Oh, what could have been....
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Could be tough given that they polished off 14 cases of champagne on the flight out last night.

(OK I just made that up.)
    Apparently you were telling the truth!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    Apparently you were telling the truth!
    I'm on a roll. I'm now trying to figure out Friday's winning Lotto 6/49 numbers.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”