Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    I'm sure all angles were reviewed and considered.

They see the empty seats and knew the general fanbase perceptions and how it may impact STH renewals etc

Yes, and it's a fanbase they have little respect for. They now this will satisfy people and is a lot easier to do than sign a quality striker.

When your big announcement is people being fired - not quality people being added - your organization is in bad, bad shape from the top down.

Maybe they'll actually hand the team over to someone who can make it a winner and get out of his way. They'll have to really open the vault, give him a ton of money and a long-term contract, but that's what they finally did with their other teams so probably that's what they'll do here. Let's hope so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.. Preki was not fully expected by me... guess those chants on Saturday worked eh?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm 50/50 on the decision to let Preki go. I think his departure is more political in nature.

This team lacked discipline and fitness. Preki had the balls to bench our supposed superstar for breaking curfew and Mo's second DP signing who didn't hustle and sent the message that no one is bigger than the team.

Mo has a history of undermining coaches (see Chris Cummins and the mysterious departure of Carver) and I don't doubt for a second that this trend could have continued here.

I met Preki on 3 occassions this year and found him very approachable, professional and genuinely passionate about what he did.

I can't comment on his style of play as the supposed root cause of the downfall of this team. Clearly, this style was good enough to get Chivas into 3 post season rounds. For some reason, it didn't work here. Was it because the system is flawed? Was it because of "dressing room influences"? We'll never really know.

What I do know is that the firing had to happen from a perception standpoint. It's a clean slate for the new "Manager" but considering that Peddie and Anselmi are hiring that Manager, I don't have a ton of confidence in their ability to choose someone with experience.

Good luck Preki.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    I am guessing:
    - Daso and/or Dichio as INTRIM Head Coaches (to see how they do, if they are up to snuff)
    - Jimmy B as INTRIM General Manager, to eventually take over full time
    I just hope they don't base any decisions for next year on the last few games of this season, the traditional new coach bump will be supersized with the dislike the players had for preki and mo. good news for the rest of this season, but I hope they don't take any success as the norm of what he'll do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in anticipation for this announcement, i will now spam the board (but not really) pictures of the ewok party from the end of return of the jedi..

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boomcha View Post
    Wow.. Preki was not fully expected by me... guess those chants on Saturday worked eh?
    No.

The players had rebelled against Preki. that's what did him in.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 years later and $10000 out of my pocket...we are an expansion team again..thx MLSE

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I'm 50/50 on the decision to let Preki go. I think his departure is more political in nature.

This team lacked discipline and fitness. Preki had the balls to bench our supposed superstar for breaking curfew and Mo's second DP signing who didn't hustle and sent the message that no one is bigger than the team.

Mo has a history of undermining coaches (see Chris Cummins and the mysterious departure of Carver) and I don't doubt for a second that this trend could have continued here.

I met Preki on 3 occassions this year and found him very approachable, professional and genuinely passionate about what he did.

I can't comment on his style of play as the supposed root cause of the downfall of this team. Clearly, this style was good enough to get Chivas into 3 post season rounds. For some reason, it didn't work here. Was it because the system is flawed? Was it because of "dressing room influences"? We'll never really know.

What I do know is that the firing had to happen from a perception standpoint. It's a clean slate for the new "Manager" but considering that Peddie and Anselmi are hiring that Manager, I don't have a ton of confidence in their ability to choose someone with experience.

Good luck Preki.
    +1 to this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I also hope this is the end of "First Wave's" influence in this team.

What he said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now we can't even sing that Floyd number that was in the works, DAMN YOU MO!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Drinking already KD? It's not even 11!!!
    All my clocks are ducktaped to 12:04 pm.
    KD.

Gixmo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preki's decision making about bringing in stiffs like Peterson, and Hscanovics, sticking with that pylon Garcia, and his refusal to change tactics, were enough for me....he deserved to go!!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The decision on Mo has been a long time coming,
    But I am surprised, though not all that disappointed, by the dismissal of Preki.
    Usually MLSE takes a long long time to make up their minds on someone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El Juan View Post
    I hope it's true .... we need a new start!

We have to reboot this team. It's obvious that the current management was as useful as tits on a bull.

Also, we need to do some soul-searching and see if the players we have are the right ones. That INCLUDES De Rosario and De Gúzman.
    This.........I'm starting to doubt, De Guz at least for the $ spent.......I think maybe his future next year is also....in the air, as 4 DeRo, love him but I think there R some leadership issues in the locker, He is definitely a 1 man show, is this good? only with the right personnel , willing 2 work with him.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No.

The players had rebelled against Preki. that's what did him in.
    I tend to agree with this ... the team did not play on Saturday. They were static and listless. Nobody was moving around, nobody was creating any space. Very rarely did anyone come to the ball. They put in their time on Saturday, there was little effort though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boomcha View Post
    LOL lets not go there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep not sure letting Preki's the right idea.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    I'm sure all angles were reviewed and considered.

They see the empty seats and knew the general fanbase perceptions and how it may impact STH renewals etc
    you may be onto something there

lots of empty seats on saturday especially in east stands ie 108 especially
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    The decision on Mo has been a long time coming,
    But I am surprised, though not all that disappointed, by the dismissal of Preki.
    Usually MLSE takes a long long time to make up their minds on someone.

I don't know all the details but it seems that the scrap between Preki and Dasovic was pretty intense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are we likely to find a coach that is effective AND the players like?
    hasnt happened thus far

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this has more to do with the fact Preki was MoJo's guy. MoJo sat at a press conference when Preki was hired and said he is they guy MoJo wanted and was waiting to sign.

I guess MLSE figured if you're going to clean house just get it all done now and move on. Get a new GM and give him the reigns to build.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going on Fan 590 right now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I wonder how long Jimmy B is safe for . Or will he be the next to get the shaft ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck Preki.
    Let's HOPE its a clean slate...

I use the below as examples only...

If the new manager is told things like "...JDG & Mista MUST stay, as they are our DP's..." or "...keep Daso on the bench he's been loyal..." etc, then its not a clean slate...

Its only a clean slate if he comes in, and has full control over who is here, who is gone, and how he runs the club...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    are we likely to find a coach that is effective AND the players like?
    hasnt happened thus far
    I will settle for effective.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my initial elation at this news has now worn off and I'm back to the emotion that I most commonly associate with TFC: worry.

Once Daso takes over as interim, we'll start looking for a full-time replacement and there's no indication anyone with MLS experience wants to be associated with this gong show.

And whoever does come in will likely blow up the squad in the offseason and we'll be back to square one, as others here have stated.

Despite all the restructuring done so far this year, we're still bumping up against the salary cap and it seems much magic will be required to fix this.

And I totally agree with the point that this'll be used to justify another round of ticket price hikes next season.

And Jimmy as GM? For fuck's sake...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    Not this much!
    5 years 5 different coaches

someone please show me another football team thathas gone through this, so i can go on there supporters page, and ask how they have dealt with this!
    Actually, 5 coaches in 4 years.

Wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtaguy View Post
    So I wonder how long Jimmy B is safe for . Or will he be the next to get the shaft ????
    ... the assistant to the general manager ??? LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Frank Yallop for GM?