View Poll Results: Which players should return next season?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • S. Frei

247 97.63%
  • J. Conway

142 56.13%
  • M. Kocic

119 47.04%
  • N. Attakora

243 96.05%
  • A. Cann

243 96.05%
  • N. Garcia

6 2.37%
  • D. Gargan

214 84.58%
  • T. Harden

122 48.22%
  • M. Usanov

74 29.25%
  • R. Hscanovics

22 8.70%
  • E. Gomez

84 33.20%
  • D. DeRosario

233 92.09%
  • J. DeGuzman

165 65.22%
  • N. Labrocca

147 58.10%
  • M. Saric

76 30.04%
  • J. Nane

64 25.30%
  • A. Sanyang

104 41.11%
  • G. Gala

71 28.06%
  • J. Peterson

30 11.86%
  • C. Barrett

214 84.58%
  • M. Santos

226 89.33%
  • Mista

96 37.94%
  • O. White

33 13.04%
  • F. Ibrahim

38 15.02%
  • None of the above

2 0.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all of them, for the right price of course...if garcia takes a pay cut, if hscanovics takes a pay cut, if usanov takes a pay cut, if jdg takes a pay cut, if mista takes a pay cut

they all can stay, if the price is right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote for Amado Guevera!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooo what happened with Fabien Brandy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That's not true, he called his club out on owing him un-paid money and was subsequently blackballed + nailed to the bench. He wasn't the only one but he got it the worst. He was one year removed from being player of the year for the club and was generally considered a useful piece up until the point where he didn't re-sign. Depor is deep with talent so they can let him rot on the bench if they want to. Easily could have gone back to Germany, but we have a crazy manager who likes to burn money so he came here.

This team doesn't suck because of JDG. It sucks because we have no wingers, no top level striker, and our go to option at left-back is a guy who has to stand 5 yards off the attacker to make sure he doesn't get beat. Outside of that, most of our players are technically deficient and struggle to receive and make simple passes.

I would never in my life pay him the money we did, but if someone simply asked the question "do you want him as your DM?" i'd say yes.

Exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBest View Post
    I have no problem with Mourinho's description. If you're implying that the likes of Cambiasso, Makelele and J Zanetti are not hard tackling players I would beg to differ on that point. All those guys are hard as fuck. Perhaps you missed Inter "parking the airplane" (to use Mourinho's phrase) against Barcelona last year, Cambiasso let nobody through.

All those guys would have made that tackle on Castillo, riding a yellow card or not, especially when the season was on the line.
    You could insert (Makalele, Xavi or GOD himself) as our Defensive Midfielder and keep the exact same other ten on the field and this team would be in the SAME position it is in.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fushida View Post
    19 people voted for OBW... WTF? This isn't golf man... we actually need to score some time.
    I would keep OBW. Let's see how he does with better servicing wingers and an attacking option that opens play up (i.e. more time playing alongside Barrett).

The one thing I would get fixed about OBW above and beyond all else is reaction / response time. If he reacted like JDG does, he would have a much higher goal total

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    The general consensus among supporters on this forum is that TFC needs to undergo a moderate to drastic rebuild in the off season.

Assuming that expiring contracts could be extended, which players would you like to see return next season?

My two cents...

GK: Frei, Conway, Kocic

D: Attakora, Cann, Gargan, Harden, Usanov, Gomez

M: DeRo, JDG, Nane, Sanyang

F: Barrett, Santos
    HARDEN...USANOV...SANYANG...NANE....USELESS!

unless you have money on TFC missing the playoffs for a 5th year in row

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    HARDEN...USANOV...SANYANG...NANE....USELESS!

unless you have money on TFC missing the playoffs for a 5th year in row
    I think Harden is capable of being a starter on the backline. Usanov, Sanyang, and Nane are capable of being solid contributors off the bench next season. To each his own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think half of us are dumbfounded how Nane is playing professional soccer.

TFC had to pull weight just to get him invited to the combine where by all accounts he stunk. We still drafted him, which was somewhat surprising and he shows up on first wave's client list.

Despite being paid a minimal amount he is pretty much the poster boy for what's wrong with the way TFC has scouted players for the last three years. He has no talent!

I think 1/2 the guys in the CSL are of a higher technical quality. He's an athlete with no sense of position or ability.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-17-2010 at 06:44 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He's an athlete with no sense of position or ability.
    Agree that he's more of an athlete then a footballer. He's seemed to have wooed the team with his measurements. It's bizarre watching him get him get dummied and have to pull shirts all game. He's not a small guy.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2/3 of people on this board think that JDG should stay when polling about all of our players. But 2/3 want him gone when polling only about JDG. A disconnect? Or different people voting in different polls?

92% think DeRo should stay.

That won't be enough for the small vocal number of haters on this board. Haters will hate.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-20-2010 at 08:29 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-BUMP-

I thought it would be interesting to compare the results of this poll with the actual roster cuts that have been made by interim TFC management thus far.

As it turns out, with the exception of Peterson, Gomez, and Kocic, the rest of Cochrane's moves coincide with the general sentiment expressed by supporters in this forum...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally a poll that works!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    it's obvious (look at the %) that the majority of us want frei around next season. i'm actually interested in seeing the rationale for some of the people who didn't want to keep him.
    he doesn't know, pure and simple.

he can catch the odd ball, but that is all, even the very odd ball, but not the 'normal' balls.

not to mention he cannot conduct ( as in opera conductor, cannot find better words ) his defence.

not to mention he does not see the game, he gets the ball, keeps it 4 minutes instead of launching a counter attack.

seriously, he gets an easy ball, waits a quarter of an hour to enjoy the cheers, than waits some more, and finally kicks it on king street.

he wastes eons instead of accelerating the play, and hey !

we play at home, and it's tied or we are lead.

but noooo, he takes his time.

do not like him at all. ( ok, he's not that bad, but under no circumstance european material )

he'll retire in this neck of woods.
    Last edited by alex andrew; 12-04-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    all of them, for the right price of course...if garcia takes a pay cut, if hscanovics takes a pay cut, if usanov takes a pay cut, if jdg takes a pay cut, if mista takes a pay cut

they all can stay, if the price is right

this is what makes the re-entry draft fucking useless!
    only two teams picked up players from there. how are the players supposed to bargain now? what are they going to do? go back to their teams and renegotiate contracts knowing that no one in the league wants them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    this is what makes the re-entry draft fucking useless!
    only two teams picked up players from there. how are the players supposed to bargain now? what are they going to do? go back to their teams and renegotiate contracts knowing that no one in the league wants them?
    This was only the 1st round this week. Players taken in the first round have to be taken at their previous contract values.

In round 2 is where the selecting team gets the players rights and can negotiate with them. So the draft isn't over yet.