Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pre-Game: Champions League: TFC at RSL (Wednesday Sept. 15 at 10pm, Gol TV Canada)

What/When

• Toronto FC will continue their first-ever foray in the CONCACAF Champions League group stage when they pay a visit to Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah to take on Real Salt Lake from the U.S. in a CONCACAF Champions League group stage match on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 10:00 pm EDT.
    • Toronto FC is in Group A along with Real Salt Lake, Club Deportivo, Social, y Cultural Cruz Azul AC and Club Deportivo Árabe Unido.

TV/Video

Radio/Audio

Group Stage Trend

• TFC: WLXXXX
    • CRZ: LWXXXX
    • RSL: WLXXXX
    • ARA: LWXXXX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This match has all the makings of a bloodbath. Stefan Frei will have his work cut out for him on Wednesday...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    This match has all the makings of a bloodbath. Stefan Frei will have his work cut out for him on Wednesday...
    I say rest Frei and the "first team" and play the third team keeper and his third team quality mates.....e.g. Garcia, White, Mista, Santos, Joseph, Gala etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7-0 loss.

I think they're fucking quitting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to watch this one with the mentality that I want TFC to get smoked so we can put an end to any hope of anything this year. Knowing me they'll go on and shock Real Salt Lake on wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts on this game is how many goals are we going to lose by?

I have zero faith in Preki , the players the FO everything...

I can't believe that it has only taken 4 years to be completely disillusioned with this franchise

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no doubt in my mind that this'll be a loss.

That said, I'll still be in front of my TV, cheering their losing asses on.

I love this club, despite its management.

And I disagree with something someone said a few posts above. If you should be resting anyone, it should be the backups, who should play the MLS competition. We're not making the playoffs this year, so we should be focusing on a deep CCL run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously I always want the Reds to come out with a win, but in the back of my mind i'm hoping RSL blows us out so that it becomes crystal clear that changes need to be made in this organization.
    If we win, MLSE will force us to drink more champions league kool-aid and forget that we are the shame of the league.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LukeWileman

3 Academy kids expected to travel with #torontofc squad for CCL match - Nicholas Lindsay, Ashtone Morgan and Kevin Aleman. 34 minutes ago via web

Doesn't sound like we're going to go for it. yet that's not enough academy players to be going completely b team, so we're not waving the white flag either.

I know Lindsay's a forward, what about Morgan and Aleman (fantastic name by the way)? please let one of them be a promising winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Preki tanks this one, I doubt that will be looked upon too favourably by the FO....which could be a good thing, since I now think Mo & Preki need to go at season's end...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u think the playoffs are not gonna happen...then this should be the focus.

the offseason would be very short if theres games in feb

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why people won't clue in to the importance of this tourney is a mystery to me. I only wish that we were playing a team outside MLS to give us a breather.

I love hearing the rationale people but when has that explained our effort/results in this tourney thus far?

Another competition. Another chance.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last year we lost our playoff chances to the last place NYRB
    this year to the last place DCU. we're down and out.

what else are we playing for right now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    what else are we playing for right now?

champions of our region and club world cup entry.

winning MLS cup wouldnt get us into CCL anyway..... we are already in the tourney...we should try to go as far as possible.

i know everyone wants playoffs....but if we cant beat DC at home....what makes u think we can beat a good team away? so we make the playoffs and go out the first round? OOoooohhhh exciting

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    LukeWileman

3 Academy kids expected to travel with #torontofc squad for CCL match - Nicholas Lindsay, Ashtone Morgan and Kevin Aleman. 34 minutes ago via web

Doesn't sound like we're going to go for it. yet that's not enough academy players to be going completely b team, so we're not waving the white flag either.

I know Lindsay's a forward, what about Morgan and Aleman (fantastic name by the way)? please let one of them be a promising winger.
    See, this makes me mad.

Instead of admitting the failure in the MLS playoff race and going balls-out in the CCL, we're going to start a bunch of kids again and get stomped by RSL.

Give it another month, and we won't be in either competition.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's going to be a gloriously middle of the road kind of thing. Probably not good enough to have hope of a result (not that i'd really expect to get anything out of this game or the cruz azul game even with our first team) but at the same time, not really resting enough of the regulars. Going half arsedly at both cometitions might have been the best way when we had a playoff chance, but really doesn't make much sense now.

According to torontofc.ca, morgan's a lb, and aleman's a midfielder. we may as well include Doneil Henry in with this group as well. could be a very inexperienced defence if preki's playing them all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will bet my ass they win this game.

Its how TFC rolls.

Just when you think 'theyre completely done', they do just enough to keep MoJo employed.

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let the kids play. At least TEY'RE going to try and play FFS. I'd rather have Morgan over anyone in midfeild right now.

Wghoever the fuck Morgan is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any good online stream of this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we'll see what these guys have in their feet and hearts after this game.

The whole lot of them should be severely punished, but a win or tie here (and maybe a goal) would help salvage at least something from this year for me - in a tourney i think is far more interesting than the regularly embasassing mls season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LukeWileman

I'm not sure what to make of this decision. Our chances of earning a result at RSL were slim to none anyway so at least the kids will inject some energy and enthusiasm into the lineup...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    Let the kids play. At least TEY'RE going to try and play FFS. I'd rather have Morgan over anyone in midfeild right now.

Wghoever the fuck Morgan is.
    Agreed.

Hoping for a 0-0 draw. As much as they suck right now, we all know road draws are still possible / ideal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    champions of our region and club world cup entry.

winning MLS cup wouldnt get us into CCL anyway..... we are already in the tourney...we should try to go as far as possible.

i know everyone wants playoffs....but if we cant beat DC at home....what makes u think we can beat a good team away? so we make the playoffs and go out the first round? OOoooohhhh exciting

UGH.

it's my online tone, i know it is! what i was saying "what else are we playing for?" as a, we're not making the playoffs, let's go all in on the CCL. it was a rhetorical statement, not a real question. i agree with you wholeheartedly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*uck that! Im looking forward to this game! Its the CONCACAF Champions League FFS!! This tournement is important and awesome! Seeing a powerhouse like CRUZ AZUL get their asses handed to them at BMO Field will be something that I remember for a LONG time to come!!! I say bring on anybody and everybody!! TFC till I die!!

P.S our coach needs to stay and continue. *uck Real Salt Fake!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LukeWileman

Ashton Morgan can play left back and left wing from wat i've seen.

Aleman i believe is only 16 (maybe wrong), from wat i saw he's a pretty tricky midfielder/forward.

dont know y people are complaining about bringing up these kids. Do u really think our senior team is gonna do anything in salt lake? dont be surprise if these kids put on a better performance then wat we see from some of the players of our senior team

Mikey

Thankfully I won't be able to watch this one.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benficachop20 View Post
    Ashton Morgan can play left back and left wing from wat i've seen.

Aleman i believe is only 16 (maybe wrong), from wat i saw he's a pretty tricky midfielder/forward.

dont know why people are complaining about bringing up these kids. Do u really think our senior team is gonna do anything in salt lake?
    dont be surprise if these kids put on a better performance then wat we see from some of the players of our senior team
    Agreed completely, why not give these kids a go and let them prove their worth. considering what may or may not happen front office wise (fingers crossed) next season, giving one or two of the boys playing time in a champions league game against one of the best teams in the mls will give them some great experience heading into next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict we score no goals, get scored on around the 60th minute mark and Preki substitutes Nane in, finally moving someone up to play striker.

Book it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tfc does not have the depth to play on 2 fronts, short on players and short on skill,the suits love the concaf think of all the money they are making out off the crowds and extra games , so tfc does not make the playoffs fail miserably on all fronts but look at the cash it made us thats all the suits will be thinking not abt the long suffering supporter,look what l angeles done sent out a team off reserves went out first round theleugue is more important to them than the concaf cup ,we have to walk before we run

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If RSL don't take this game seriously and field their B or C team, then TFC has a chance to win! I seriously hope TFC takes this match seriously. We need a result if we want to advance to next round. I hope TFC FO pressure Perki to field most of their starters for this game since playoffs is going to be tough to get.