Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red tide rising

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll never understand the rational behind Che in Canada and somehow it not being political.
    Then again, I don't get what this has to do with supporting the CMNT which is what the original article was being linked to.
    F*ck it, I'm making a Juan Peron banner. Why? I have no idea... lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCBrigade View Post
    Whether I personally like Che or not is irrelavant to the banner. I already explained the banner, and its getting tiring explaining it over and over again.
    I thought I was clear... but I could careless if someone personally likes Che or not... that is not my point... it is your reasoning behind making the banner as you state in your blog, and chosing a better medium to do it.

And Flush, what difference does that make? So just because something is "irrelevant" to Canadian society (or what you deem to be irrelevant to Canadian society) we are not to talk about it or present it? Uhm, the logic never ceases to amaze me.
    Also, is not simply whether it is irrelevant or not in our society... it is the fact that you have FAILED to see what Che has becomed in our society... whether you like it or not... you have been classified along with the rich college kids, and Yorkville yuppies sipping on Latte's... if you fail to see this then you are living in a bubble. In my opinion... If you are truly for the movement then a banner quoting Che... or saying "Stop the Oppression" would have more credibility and respect... but I can't tell you what to do... you do you... what I do know is that the movement is more than just the Che image... and our society fails to see that...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarez View Post
    Something you and the red patch crew agreed on doesn't go for everybody Nomad.
    Let's not place us all on the same boat here... I am indifferent about using politics in the stadium... my concern is what comes first.... Politics or the Team?

Will you be friends with the Montreal and San Jose Ultras who are also displaying the Che Banner? Shouldn't we be if we stand for the same political movement?

I would love to bring politics to the stadium, but then I would also probably lose alot of friends... and that's the truth.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I thought I was clear... but I could careless if someone personally likes Che or not... that is not my point... it is your reasoning behind making the banner as you state in your blog, and chosing a better medium to do it.

Also, is not simply whether it is irrelevant or not in our society... it is the fact that you have FAILED to see what Che has becomed in our society... whether you like it or not... you have been classified along with the rich college kids, and Yorkville yuppies sipping on Latte's... if you fail to see this then you are living in a bubble. In my opinion... If you are truly for the movement then a banner quoting Che... or saying "Stop the Oppression" would have more credibility and respect... but I can't tell you what to do... you do you... what I do know is that the movement is more than just the Che image... and our society fails to see that...
    And I believe you have failed to see my counter-point to the notion that anybody who rocks Che is a rich, college kid or a Yorkville yuppy. When they rock his image but know nothing about him, I know who I'm dealing with. That doesn't mean I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Che is a watered down revolutionary. My point was that there are people WHO DO know about Che and do rock his shit and should continue to do so, no matter what kind of capitalistic profit-making machine his image has become. They shouldn't counter that perspective by getting rid of the Che gear and fold like a bunch of US-backed troops in the Sierra Maestra.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im gonna make a big banner with his face on it. It isnt political though. Its just that I believe the salary cap is harmful to the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCBrigade View Post
    And I believe you have failed to see my counter-point to the notion that anybody who rocks Che is a rich, college kid or a Yorkville yuppy. When they rock his image but know nothing about him, I know who I'm dealing with. That doesn't mean I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Che is a watered down revolutionary. My point was that there are people WHO DO know about Che and do rock his shit and should continue to do so, no matter what kind of capitalistic profit-making machine his image has become. They shouldn't counter that perspective by getting rid of the Che gear and fold like a bunch of US-backed troops in the Sierra Maestra.
    I think my point is proven here as I will never 'rock' Che gear... and besides noone has ever asked you to fold your movement... If you read the most basic tactics in war you would see the need to adapt to change... which some unfortunately have never done.

Hasta la Victoria...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    From V's board,ideas for Canada banner:
    http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum...TOPIC_ID=16180

the CSA should be plastering images like this everywhere in Montreal, Toronto, and Edmonton. this is a really great piece of art, i'm almost considering having it blown up and wall mounted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NF-FC View Post
    the CSA should be plastering images like this everywhere in Montreal, Toronto, and Edmonton. this is a really great piece of art, i'm almost considering having it blown up and wall mounted
    You are right. I love this image and immediately made it my background and wish I had it on a t-shirt or something. If CSA marketed the CMNT in ways like this then a lot more tickets will be sold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha...First thing I did was print off a big version of this poster and put it on the wall. I am debating putting it up around University of Waterloo

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point in time I would like to once again note that not all Latinos view Che and his political beliefs in the same postive light that we seem to assume here in North America.

Do all Americans revere Kennedy? Do all Germans condemn Hitler?
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mikey

This thread is a load of bollox.
    why is it in the news section anyway?
    Blogs aren't news.

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Blogs aren't news.
    Because I'm your fucking daddy, thats why.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blogs aren't news.
    And you would put blogs in what forum? off topic
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarez View Post
    Because I'm your fucking daddy, thats why.
    hsahahaha

listen kid. stick to watching football factories with a lit flare protruding out of ass, and dont come looking for trouble from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razcle View Post
    Ha...First thing I did was print off a big version of this poster and put it on the wall. I am debating putting it up around University of Waterloo
    Thats actually a great idea. We all know the CSA won't do any marketing. If could we could get people in Toronto, Edmonton, and Montreal to start printing these off and slapping them everywhere like concert posters it'll atleast get the message out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hsahahaha

listen kid. stick to watching football factories with a lit flare protruding out of ass, and dont come looking for trouble from me.
    Ooohh internet tough guy! Run!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Ooohh internet tough guy! Run!

That's it you're getting the beat down now!!!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hsahahaha

yeah cause you just might get control-alt-deleted mofo

I love cyber thugs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see some things don't change.

That banner art is fucking amazing, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Glad to see some things don't change.

That banner art is fucking amazing, though.
    Although I haven't seen it in up close... I've heard the same about the detail.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go to the games to support the team and not some political agenda. Sure, we could all bring banners of people we admire, and then we can all fight, the left-wingers vs. the right-wingers. The supporters of Che, and those who quite frankly hate his legacy. Whatever! Speaking of Casuals

Football is everything to me when I am at the stadium. I couldn't care less about country, history, politics or religion. TFC is all of that when the game is on, and more