Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCDP View Post
    So effin jealous of this stadium.
    i think we all are. i agree whole-heartedly that MLSE never thought the sport would catch on like it did. it's been evident since their increased allotment of seasons seats released to the public (i think they increased SSH tickets at 3 separate points) and the overall cost of the facility. when i say "the cost of the facility" i mean it in every sense of the word, but don't take my word for the shortsighted investment in the stadium.. let's see how we stack up against our peers:

all prices adjusted for inflation as of 2010
    all prices adjusted to Canadian dollars
    all prices calculated based off of year ground broke

YRSTADIUM

06 BMO FIELD: 65.6 mil
    11 JELD-WEN FIELD: 102 mil*11 LIVESTRONG PARK: 160 mil
    10 PPL PARK: 120 mil
    11 RB ARENA: 180-200 mil
    06 TOYOTA PARK: 100.5 mil
    07 DICKS SG PARK: 137.6 mil
    03 HOME DEPOT CENTER: 177.3 mil
    04 PIZZA HUT PARK: 91.5 mil
    06 RIO TINTO: 124.1 mil
    12 DYNAMO STADIUM: 110 mil

*including original building cost and renovations

RSL and chicago fire both broke ground on a new stadium the same year we did. yet ours came in at a lower cost and, wait for it, with the same amount of seats. kick in the fuckin pants eh? there's only ONE club that has a SSS in the same league as us, that costs less and has a similar amount of seating. i hate to say that this is one of the things we trump them at, but read it and weep..

99 CREW STADIUM: 36.9 mil

FML

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We know BMO is a tin can but it has got character and I love it. I would love it if the filled in the corners and added a roof but I'll live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once MLSE gets to desperation mode with lowered attendance, I think you will see that roof be built quicker than you think. Seriously, it can't cost that much to add it... just hire some of those eastern european aluminum siding guys they will bang it out in a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Once MLSE gets to desperation mode with lowered attendance, I think you will see that roof be built quicker than you think. Seriously, it can't cost that much to add it... just hire some of those eastern european aluminum siding guys they will bang it out in a week.
    knowing our FO we would probably get a roof made out of vapour barrier stappled to 1x2s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    would love to know what makes their locker room the most technological in the world...find that hard to believe
    They have installed sybians in each of the players stalls. Should help them relax pre-game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    They have installed sybians in each of the players stalls. Should help them relax pre-game.
    they also have those futuristic urinals that flush by themselves when you walk away!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    this.. might be the first time i've ever heard a sybian reference made on this board. i don't know which is better, the fact that i found it funny or the fact that i know what those are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah... had to google that word... now i know!

Teal Bunbury will love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bfin is in marketing. Those guys know everything.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    We know BMO is a tin can but it has got character and I love it. I would love it if the filled in the corners and added a roof but I'll live.
    Character? Where?

BMO field, I never thought I would even see a footy stadium in this city, and our own club, so I'm pleased and not complaining. However thats all the good I can say about BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    ROI..you'd have to prove to them through an EIA that they need to have one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROI..you'd have to prove to them through an EIA that they need to have one
    again with the ROI...the glory days of filling the stadium based on the fact that we are a new team are done. Poor product and piss poor weather conditions keep people from the stadium. Game day ticket sales on shitty weather days are almost non-existant. Casual fans...yes there are fans that are not the hardcore sit in a monsoon type of fans, do not want to go and sit in the wind and cold rain. Someone looks at the weather forecast and the saturday outlook is shit...they are not going to buy tickets to come get cold and soaked or bring their kids to get wet, cold, and sick. The bloody lost ticket sales from those inclimate days could pay for the roof in a season. There is your ROI. What do you think MLSE's forecasted ROI was before we played our first game? Mlse didn't think we would come close to the ticket sales we had in our first few seasons.
    The ROI point is moot. If any stadium in MLS needs a roof its BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    again with the ROI...the glory days of filling the stadium based on the fact that we are a new team are done. Poor product and piss poor weather conditions keep people from the stadium. Game day ticket sales on shitty weather days are almost non-existant. Casual fans...yes there are fans that are not the hardcore sit in a monsoon type of fans, do not want to go and sit in the wind and cold rain. Someone looks at the weather forecast and the saturday outlook is shit...they are not going to buy tickets to come get cold and soaked or bring their kids to get wet, cold, and sick. The bloody lost ticket sales from those inclimate days could pay for the roof in a season. There is your ROI. What do you think MLSE's forecasted ROI was before we played our first game? Mlse didn't think we would come close to the ticket sales we had in our first few seasons.

outdoor stadium...rain doesn't fall straight to the ground, and you have mentioned wind, so there is no guarantee people will be dry...also there is no dry way at getting to BMO like there is with the ACC, do you really think a roof will have a much stronger return than what it costs to build a proper one

do Jays tickets increase on rainy days?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see a roof in BMO's near future. It will a) pacify some fan outrage to see MLSE spend money on the team, and b) potentially encourage more walk-up sales if casual fans are able to escape the weather.

Also, while KC's stadium does look really nice, and is certainly more full-featured than BMO - I love our stadium. And more importantly, I love the location it is in.

And yes, I say that knowing full well that MLSE could have invested more money into building a more robust stadium. I love the fact that BMO is located right in metropolitan Toronto. I love the fact that I can take a streetcar right to the stadium. And I love the brutal noise the stadium makes when people are stomping their feet, haha.

I hope they add a roof sooner than later, but I'm not really filled with envy when I see some of these other stadiums. We've got a place to play, in a great location (how many other MLS grounds can say that?), with a real pitch.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like the downtown location of BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem is MLSE don't own the land although I have never heard that the City would say no if MLSE wanted to expand/fix up the stadium (at their cost of course).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Go fuck yourself rocker and your stupid idiotic posts like this.
    Sorry if you don't know the details of how MLSE truly operates and plans.
    rofl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    We know BMO is a tin can but it has got character and I love it. I would love it if pieces would stop falling off at the top of 110, but as long as I don't fall through the hole and hit the sidewalk like a garbage bag filled with vegetable soup, I'll live.
    fixed.
    Last edited by jaahuuu; 04-27-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Problem is MLSE don't own the land although I have never heard that the City would say no if MLSE wanted to expand/fix up the stadium (at their cost of course).
    I don't think that is too big a problem.

They have already expanded the stadium and installed grass while not owning the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i think we all are. i agree whole-heartedly that MLSE never thought the sport would catch on like it did. it's been evident since their increased allotment of seasons seats released to the public (i think they increased SSH tickets at 3 separate points) and the overall cost of the facility. when i say "the cost of the facility" i mean it in every sense of the word, but don't take my word for the shortsighted investment in the stadium.. let's see how we stack up against our peers:

all prices adjusted for inflation as of 2010
    all prices adjusted to Canadian dollars
    all prices calculated based off of year ground broke

YRSTADIUM

06 BMO FIELD: 65.6 mil
    11 JELD-WEN FIELD: 102 mil*11 LIVESTRONG PARK: 160 mil
    10 PPL PARK: 120 mil
    11 RB ARENA: 180-200 mil
    06 TOYOTA PARK: 100.5 mil
    07 DICKS SG PARK: 137.6 mil
    03 HOME DEPOT CENTER: 177.3 mil
    04 PIZZA HUT PARK: 91.5 mil
    06 RIO TINTO: 124.1 mil
    12 DYNAMO STADIUM: 110 mil

*including original building cost and renovations

RSL and chicago fire both broke ground on a new stadium the same year we did. yet ours came in at a lower cost and, wait for it, with the same amount of seats. kick in the fuckin pants eh? there's only ONE club that has a SSS in the same league as us, that costs less and has a similar amount of seating. i hate to say that this is one of the things we trump them at, but read it and weep..

99 CREW STADIUM: 36.9 mil

FML
    I don;t buy your premise that MLSE didn't know. They like to pocket money and not spend it waay more. There is a world of difference between Sporting's stadium and ours. I don't believe MLSE had to spend at Sporting or RB Arena level, but somewhere close to Dallas and Chicago would have been awesome - and those cities were getting the mid teens crowd when they were doing construction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Character? Where?

BMO field, I never thought I would even see a footy stadium in this city, and our own club..... thats all the good I can say about BMO Field.
    My thoughts exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    Exactly. What's the ROI for the other teams that have stadiums?! They seem to cover the cost and survive - even prosper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question isn't whether MLSE "knew" that BMO/TFC would succeed. The right question is: what should they do now?

I personally think a roof is much less likely than expansion.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A roof would actually make it harder to add temporary seating for an outdoor NHL game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The current ownership will always be middle-of-the-pack, investing as much in the team as is the league average. They're not leaders but they're also too rich to be last.

It's going to be very interesting to see what kind of changes happen when the teams are sold.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post

It's going to be very interesting to see what kind of changes happen when the teams are sold.
    Don't hold your breath. I don't think it's happening.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Don't hold your breath. I don't think it's happening.

It sure doesn't look like it, no rumours, no one seems to be kicking the tires, nothing.

Will they lower the price? What effect will it have if there's no sale? Peddie is still leaving but will the place get revitalized or fall into a deeper funk?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    It sure doesn't look like it, no rumours, no one seems to be kicking the tires, nothing.

Will they lower the price? What effect will it have if there's no sale? Peddie is still leaving but will the place get revitalized or fall into a deeper funk?
    I still think it eventually gets sold. I'm of the belief that OTPP knows that revenues have been stagnant and the value can only go down from here.

They might have to lower their asking price to get it down. But the longer they wait the more I think the value of MLSE goes down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

outdoor stadium...rain doesn't fall straight to the ground, and you have mentioned wind, so there is no guarantee people will be dry...also there is no dry way at getting to BMO like there is with the ACC, do you really think a roof will have a much stronger return than what it costs to build a proper one

do Jays tickets increase on rainy days?

A roof could give them a place to hang new infrared heaters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need roof.