Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saric is coming around after playing so recklessly awful before his injuries.
    White and Peterson aren't good enough and between them salary wise, could equal a damn fine signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most goals we've ever conceded at BMO in MLS happened today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ref was again poor

thought Lindpere deserved a penalty on first min. it was a rather clumsy challenge from 2 tfc defenders

and that gargan foul that led to joseph own goal. ugh
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep:

Stefan Frei
    Jon Conway
    Dan Gargan
    Maxim Usanov
    Nana Attakora
    Adrian Cann
    Ty Harden
    Gabe Gala
    Raivis Hscanovics
    Amadou Sanyang
    Julian de Guzman
    Martin Saric
    Dwayne De Rosario
    Nick LaBrocca
    Maicon Santos
    Chad Barrett
    Miguel Mista

Everyone else: Hit the road

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    I'm assuming month was Mo?

It auto changes it on my iPod touch so I guess you're on mobile
    Lol...ya I am on my mobile and ya month is mo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's good at nothing. He's okay at some things. He's horrible in a lot of things. I'm not saying he is a horrible player. What I am saying, and what I will say again is:

JOSEPH NANE IS NOT A STARTER.
    Every team needs squad players. He is quite raw but it is hard to pick up experience if you do not play. To be honest I see some promise in him. He is by no means the worst we have and he certainly wasn't to blame for today's loss. Just because someone scores an og doesn't mean he is shit, unless you do it many times like Garcia. The og wasn't even his fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep:

Stefan Frei
    Jon Conway
    Dan Gargan
    Maxim Usanov
    Nana Attakora
    Adrian Cann
    Ty Harden
    Gabe Gala
    Raivis Hscanovics
    Amadou Sanyang
    Julian de Guzman
    Martin Saric
    Dwayne De Rosario
    Nick LaBrocca
    Maicon Santos
    Chad Barrett
    Miguel Mista

Fixed.

edit - actually Labrocca is decent for his salary but I'd rather he be a bench player on a stronger team.
    Last edited by Stryker; 08-21-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garcia was not a problem today.

Playoffs is not done. We're still in the exact same position as before, third in east, 7/8 overall. We just need to be strong away.
    BUDDY have you looked at the standings... obviously not. Although we we can still matematically make the play offs. BUT, the west is super strong if the LAvs sanjose game stays this way. There will be 6 teams in the west who have atleast 2 more points than us, more importantly 3 of these 6 teams have a GAME in hand. ON TOP of that we have it tough in our division with Chicago breathing on our neck with a mere 2 points away from us, but 3 more games yet to play. AND if this doesn;t seem tough enough for you.. with the 10 games still left to play 6 of them are away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Positives:
    LaBrocca
    Mista
    Frei

Negatives:
    White (get rid)
    Peterson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Robinson actively got his team mates to stop cheering and celebrating after he scored his goal. It was one of the classiest things I have ever seen take place at BMO Field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    BUDDY have you looked at the standings... obviously not. Although we we can still matematically make the play offs. BUT, the west is super strong if the LAvs sanjose game stays this way. There will be 6 teams in the west who have atleast 2 more points than us, more importantly 3 of these 6 teams have a GAME in hand. ON TOP of that we have it tough in our division with Chicago breathing on our neck with a mere 2 points away from us, but 3 more games yet to play. AND if this doesn;t seem tough enough for you.. with the 10 games still left to play 6 of them are away.
    Yes, I've seen the numbers. Yes I've seen the west. Yes, I've seen all these things. Here's the thing. It ain't over till it's over (Unless you're DC, then it's over)

Those west teams have to play each other. We have a 10 games left. It takes about 40 points to get in. That means 14 points in 10 games. We can do that. That's not impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gargan always has a good game. He is probably our best signing this year.
    I am usually a Gargan fan but he was TERRIBLE today. Had one good cross, that was about it. They were a constant threat down his wing, because he lacks pace big time. Shame because I generally like him.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    I am usually a Gargan fan but he was TERRIBLE today. Had one good cross, that was about it. They were a constant threat down his wing, because he lacks pace big time. Shame because I generally like him.
    You do realize that he was playing on the left because Garcia would've been destroyed. Not many players in the league can keep up with Dane Richards...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, on a more positive note, Chelsea won 6-0 today! Woohooooo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Good
    -JOSEPH NANE, you, yes you, should be sent back to the combine and should be sleeping under the bleachers. The fact that we pay you is an insult to the sport. You're own goal capitalized on a game which was riddled with mistakes. I said it in the beginning, and there will be opposition, but when you start in games this important, when Sam Cronin and Robbo were deemed "not good enough" it truely shows the incompentence of upper management. Please, if you really are committed to this team, leave it. As I said, you cannot fix suck.
    I wouldn't hold it against him, in my opinion he was Man of the Match until he made that wrong move. It was poor marking, and he slipped which sent the ball in.

Joseph Nane Good:

- Had the most shots on target of the first half,
    - Came back defensively clearing a few mistakes on Gargan & Garcia's part
    - Was the best man on the team up until the own goal.

Joseph Nane Bad:

- Own Goal.

The good out-way the bad, no?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xj Darrell View Post
    Anyone miss JDG today?
    Despite criticism from some people, he cannot just be replaced by any "utility" player...
    Team missed him the most,we couldn't connect 3 consecutive passes,between defense and mid/forwards.

And as much I was disappointed in his performances this year,today it was so obvious how much he means to this team.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i missed the match, did robbo celebrate his goal?

edit: nevermind, now ive read the answer in the thread lol

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched Preki's post game interview and all he said was "Mista has health issue "nothing else.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    i missed the match, did robbo celebrate his goal?

edit: nevermind, now ive read the answer in the thread lol
    CLASS ACT !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is it with the Energy Drink that makes us collapse?? ... *le sigh* time to pick up and dust off though, can't dwell on it with the tight schedule we've got

ps Robbo is pure class, i miss him in Red terribly
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xj Darrell View Post
    Anyone miss JDG today?
    Despite criticism from some people, he cannot just be replaced by any "utility" player...

I have clearly been very negative on bringing in JDG as a DP, but today is precisely the day we needed him. I think the scoreline would have been different. I don't know if we would have won, but I think we could have gutted out a draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep:

Stefan Frei
    Jon Conway
    Dan Gargan
    Maxim Usanov
    Nana Attakora
    Adrian Cann
    Ty Harden
    Gabe Gala
    Raivis Hscanovics
    Amadou Sanyang
    Julian de Guzman
    Martin Saric
    Dwayne De Rosario
    Nick LaBrocca
    Maicon Santos
    Chad Barrett
    Miguel Mista

It must be pretty near the end of the road for Gabe Gala.

Give him credit, he's a better professional than he would be if he hit the NCAA route. But if we want to make room for other academy players he's an obvious candidate and he's got a long way to go. USL1 might be a good stepping stone for him, MLS seems like a pretty steep requirement.

As for Robinson, I swore on my grave last year his passing was un-mitigated garbage, but i've actually seen him play a good game or two in the center for RBNY. Amazing what having a winger or two will do for opening up the field.

The only speed we have out wide is peterson, ouch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we go from playing the best game of our existance to one of the worst.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not freaking out like some people today. If there was a team in this league that I was betting going to the MLS final, it's NY. TFC is simply not good enough right now, and I have known that all season long. Yeah we beat Cruz Azul. In my opinion, that win did more damage than good as it has deluded some of us into thinking this team can win something this year. It can't. There are too many gaps. Not enough depth. Our impact players are extremely limited (actually I think it pretty much stops at DeRo). Our bench is nowhere near good enough and we are playing unimaginative football.

So let's just recognize the facts about this team that this season it will be near impossible to know game in game out what team will show up. We were beaten by the better team (who also got a little help from lady luck and the ref). It happens. Things haven't changed much since the game from Cruz Azul, we just got a different result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The foul call that set up the FK Own Goal

I'm wondering why people seem to have forgotten that the foul called on Gargan that led to the free kick and the own goal.

It was accidentally shown on the video screen and it was immediy clear that Gargan had made a perfect tackle. All ball and not from behind. That call can be roughly equated with the foul called on Nana v Cruz Azul.

Two horrible calls that led to goals. Sure we should have done better defending that free kick but at the same time, there shouldn't have even been a free kick!

Quote Originally Posted by Serb_Star View Post
    Why is Nane getting so much blame for the own goal? Attakora should have cleared that ball, it's on him.

I'm loving Mista.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The number of people on here who have a hissy fit after a loss is astounding (looking at you, JimmyBald) - Nana was paid off? WTF??? Take your tinfoil hat off.

And you clearly have no understanding of the game if you say Nane would help the team by leaving...he scored an unlucky own goal which I attribute more to Attakora failing to clear the ball than to him.

Finally, I get that OBW isn't a speed striker and probably won't ever score in double digits in his career, but he's here to play a role. Today, he set up Dero's goal and his physical presence created lots of space for others (watch Game in Six - we had a TON of chances)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that sucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People People!!! Go back and watch the replay of the own goal again, it truly isn't Nane's fault. Nane was standing there coving his guy, the ball comes in and either White or Nana swing at it an miss it completely, while standing about 1 m infront of Nane. Absolutely NO time to react to it and thus it unfortunately bounced in off Nane's leg. Nothing he could do in 0.01 seconds from the time the ball was wiffed on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Well, that sucked.
    billyfly tells no lies.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Finally, I get that OBW isn't a speed striker and probably won't ever score in double digits in his career, but he's here to play a role. Today, he set up Dero's goal and his physical presence created lots of space for others (watch Game in Six - we had a TON of chances)
    The problem with Obie is that he isn't particularly exceptional at anything he does. He's pretty much an average to below-average player. As long as we realize that, I think we won't be upset as much. The problem is that people are expecting him to actually do something up top and the plain fact is that he can't. I don't know if it is the injury that delayed his entry into MLS to blame or if he was never good enough to begin with. But much like Barrett, it would appear some of the powers that be are willing to give him 2 to 3 seasons before accepting something which some of us recognized after 10 games. If you don't have touch and skill by this point, you will never have it.