Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post Game Thread: TFC 1-4 NYRB

The Good
    -De Rosario scored a goal for us at least, even though he started off kind of slow.
    -Mista looks like he's got a couple goals in him once he gets good and fit again.
    -New BMO Field attendance record, even though it was a shit show and poor weather.
    -Frei, as usual. Sigh

The Bad
    -Losing to New York, 8 point gap between the two teams now.
    -Angel scores against us (Again!) and Marquez debut goal against us!
    -Lot's of mistakes on our part and not a lot of skill on their part.
    -Jacob Peterson, and his lack of control when receiving a pass.
    -Home unbeaten streak snapped.

The Ugly
    -Nana Attakora's red card sending off. Looked kind of fishy and very uncharacteristic of him. Could he have been payed off? Let's see what Nana is driving next week. At his salary, I wouldn't blame him.
    -Carl Robinson scoring against us. It looked like he wished he hadn't. We were so stupid for getting rid of him. A class act, but that goal stung.

and finally...

-JOSEPH NANE, you, yes you, should be sent back to the combine and should be sleeping under the bleachers. The fact that we pay you is an insult to the sport. You're own goal capitalized on a game which was riddled with mistakes. I said it in the beginning, and there will be opposition, but when you start in games this important, when Sam Cronin and Robbo were deemed "not good enough" it truely shows the incompentence of upper management. Please, if you really are committed to this team, leave it. As I said, you cannot fix suck.

Other Thoughts:

Even though we lost, it was mostly our fault. As a team, I'd give us a 5/10. If this is the consequence for a huge Cruz Azul win, then we can't complain. But these next away games, we CANNOT drop points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If going to the playoffs means winning on the road then today we've just eliminated ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck that was just frustrating.

I still think that in the end, as much as there are individual guys we rip on the difference is RBNY had more talent across the field.

Having Dane Richards on the wing (or an actual winger) and a replacement for Nick Garcia would be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That game i would rather forget about, I am totally distraught, if we can beat Cruz, we should of at least kept up with NYRB, we didnt and I am totally hoping for a drastic change or we will lose both the League and the Champions League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    The Ugly
    -Nana Attakora's red card sending off. Looked kind of fishy and very uncharacteristic of him. Could he have been payed off? Let's see what Nana is driving next week. At his salary, I wouldn't blame him.
    -Carl Robinson scoring against us. It looked like he wished he hadn't. We were so stupid for getting rid of him. A class act, but that goal stung.

and finally...

-JOSEPH NANE, you, yes you, should be sent back to the combine and should be sleeping under the bleachers. The fact that we pay you is an insult to the sport. You're own goal capitalized on a game which was riddled with mistakes. I said it in the beginning, and there will be opposition, but when you start in games this important, when Sam Cronin and Robbo were deemed "not good enough" it truely shows the incompentence of upper management. Please, if you really are committed to this team, leave it. As I said, you cannot fix suck..

I know this was an ugly loss, but what a drama queen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If New York stays healthy theyre going to be playing for the MLS Cup on our pitch.

I think the problem is clear. Toronto cant play until after 4 pm. And they play best at 8pm.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a little injection of humour in a bleak post game thread

I know he wasn't payed off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can't be undefeated, we're not Arsenal.

I am more concerned with how the team responds in Panama, and hope its not the start of a cold streak.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still love Robbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mls Cup 2010 Champions: New York Red Bulls
    Mls Cup 2010 Runnersup: Los Angeles Galaxy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nana's been a rock in defense for us. I can let that handball, however mindless and obvious, go once. Same with Frei's mistake.

Peterson was the worst player on the pitch by far. Absoutely brutal.

Class by Robbo. Bring Robbo back!

MUFC_Niagara

So happy robbo scored....TFC deserved that for the classless way they ran him out of town. Thank god I sold my tickets. Got money and had the luxury of turning that shit off. I think next year I am scalping my tickets on craigslist.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MUFC_Niagara View Post
    So happy robbo scored....TFC deserved that for the classless way they ran him out of town. Thank god I sold my tickets. Got money and had the luxury of turning that shit off. I think next year I am scalping my tickets on craigslist.
    Craigslist? Dude, I'll take them off your hands.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his celebration made it look like he scored on his own net.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    If going to the playoffs means winning on the road then today we've just eliminated ourselves.
    can we make this our motto?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, can i say Gargan had an outstanding game despite the loss... thought he was quite good, didn`t exactly have an easy job today trying to contain Richards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

goodbye...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Oh, can i say Gargan had an outstanding game despite the loss... thought he was quite good, didn`t exactly have an easy job today trying to contain Richards.
    Gargan always has a good game. He is probably our best signing this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Say goodbye to playoffs folks. Mind you, I've been saying this for over a month now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    can we make this our motto?
    Perhaps something to add to your sig line.

Garcia was bad as usual and was pwned a lot but for once there were a lot worse playing than him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garcia was not a problem today.

Playoffs is not done. We're still in the exact same position as before, third in east, 7/8 overall. We just need to be strong away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we played like shit...but ny got every bounce today...

nana i love ya...but wtf

peterson for mista...wtf pt 2

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Good
    -DeRo breaks his goal jinx
    -LaBrocca's shot. it's really freaking hard
    -Mista improving every game
    -Dan Gargan

The Bad
    -Losing to the Shite
    -Joseph's own goal
    -Peterson's first touch and passing

The Ugly
    -Attakora's bonehead red card
    -Henry and Salou's sitter miss

Ratings
    Frei: 6.5
    -Really shitty mistake gifting Robbo, pulls a string of saves later to redeem himself somewhat
    Garcia: 6
    -did ok. got exposed a few times (Angel's free header) but losing the game was not his fault. has no business trying to deliver a cross or a long pass
    Attakora: -3
    -worst game as TFC player. I think he was overawed by playing Henry or something, because the handball was pure Marvell Wynne move. Heck, even Wynne doesn't get himself sent off when he gives up a handball penalty.
    Also at fault for Joseph's own goal when he failed to clear the ball before it bounced off Joseph's knee. Generally, nothing really went well for Attakora
    Cann: 6
    -Really should have been more vocal and commanding clearing away Joseph own goal. Missed a few headers which seems uncharacteristic
    Gargan: 7.5
    -Probably only real bright spot for TFC. Rarely make a mistake all game and did well to contain speedy Richards while contributing to attack.
    LaBrocca: 7
    -did all he could with his limited skills to try to generate TFC attack. unlucky to not to score on one of his chances
    Saric: 5.5
    -Rather invisible pretty much entire match
    DeRosario: 6.5
    -scored a goal which Coundoul should have done better against. seemed invisible a lot, and when he did have the ball, nothing really came out of it
    White: 6.5
    -showed a lot of hustle. good getting an assist which hopefully boost his confidence. is he Barrett Mk2?
    Mista: 6.5
    -Got involved early in the match, but faded out by mid 1st half. match fitness clearly not there, but he's going to be really good once he starts going
    Peterson: 5
    -really terrible first touch and poor passing. created one good chance for LaBrocca. still trying to figure out what he's suppose to be good at
    Barrett: 6
    -first touch wasn't there and injury clearly hampering him. hopefully he didn't aggravate his injury any further
    Ibrahim: 5
    -pretty much non factor after being subbed in. needs games at USL level

Random points
    -TFC needs like 10-15 mins each game to settle in, before passes start to click and players start to settle. A rather vulnerable period, which NY almost took advantage to score
    -Marquez goal. that was a beauty and took the air right out of TFC
    -After DeRo's goal, the momentum was starting to go back to TFC's way, except Attakora had to screw it up.
    -Robbo. classy guy. i really don't think he didn't want to score against TFC, esp when NY was up 2 goals and man advantage.
    -I thought TFC was more unlucky in 1st half. Offence was working, creating chances. Just need to be a little more clinical with finishing. a little luck helps too
    -TFC first touch sucks. And lack of movement. When one of your teammates is against the corner flag, surrounded by 3 dudes, someone please go help him out instead of standing around in the box
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh man - now there's some sort of stink surrounding Mista...Preki saying he might not even make the trip to Panama...groan...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:O

You stole my Good,bad,ugly! :O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garcia was not a problem today.

Playoffs is not done. We're still in the exact same position as before, third in east, 7/8 overall. We just need to be strong away.
    We're only 7th because Chicago has 2 games in hand (I think it's 2). We aren't strong away and some of our away opposition includes Seattle and Dallas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're three games up on a team that sits 5 points, TFC being strong away is an oxymoron.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe guys! Believe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the post-game, Preki was saying Mista had some "issues"...hopefully this isn't another Robert situation.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NY looks much stronger than LA this year... even without Henry at 100%. (and yes i know LA beat NY 1-0 last week)

I'm guessing if Mo's fired for missing the playoffs then Preki will just take on a Manager/Coach role?