0 Thread(s)

Default Post Game: TFC 2 : CHV 1

have at it.
    nice 3 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good game, TFC tired at the end. Cann/Attakora look more human without two defensive central midfielders shielding them, but I think it's the right look for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garcia, from what I saw another good game. Well done. Seriously lowering my hate for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 points well earned off of 2 excellent goals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cann got kind of hosed on the penalty call. Maicon is going to be a fan favourite. Three points is good.

On to the next one.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some great creativity from Mista. Seemed like something magical happened every time he got the ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maicon is hurt?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Good
    -3 points!
    -Nana's header
    -Barrett's left foot
    -Maicon Santos's overall play
    -Stefan Frei's monster saves
    -Overall confident play of first half. Why can't they play like this every game?
    -De Guzman first half

The Bad
    -Getting exposed with terrible marking and overlapping runs by Chivas. Need better positional awareness and reading of plays.
    -Mista's non existent pace
    -Chad Barrett's right foot
    -De Guzman 2nd half

The Ugly
    -Maicon Santos's knee injury
    -Adrian Cann's handball call

Ratings
    Frei: 9.5
    Gargan: 7
    Attakora: 7.5
    Cann: 6.5
    Garcia: 6.5
    Peterson: 5.5
    De Guzman: 6
    Nane: 6
    Barrett: 7
    Maicon Santos: 8
    Mista: 6.5
    LaBrocca: 6
    Ibrahim: 5.5
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Maicon is hurt?
    Left knee sprain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's hope the injury to Santos is not serious. They said a knee strain on the telecast.

He played great in the first half. He's doing alot of the things Dichio used to do. Holding the ball up, flicking on nice passes and hitting decent strikes when the opportunity arises. Plus he's younger and more mobile than DD. It's a shame if he is out now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yohan, how about DeRo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd put Mista's passing in the good column, yeah he's slow as shit but delivered some quality balls.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I really can't understand this, is TFC cursed to never have a clear, worry free victory?

Even when for a long period of time we are playing good in the offensive end, we end up by our ass being saved by Frei? With an average keeper by MLS standards this would have been a clear 2-2, or even worst for TFC.

Frei - again Swiss national team quality game.

Santos > Mista (at least 2 times in the effect on the team when he's on the pitch!).

JDG - still is making ridiculous money for what he is offering on the field. Will this ever change? At this point I doubt it.

Garcia - same old, same old... He'll go down in the TFC history like the worst player ever who played the most minutes while at TFC.

Brown from Chivas - excellent!

------------------------------

A very much needed result from TFC, without all the 3 points playoff chances would have decreased A LOT.
    Last edited by LesH; 08-07-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 points the team needed for sure and with the progression in the CL earlier in the week, good news this week in TFC land.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Peterson had his best match in a TFC shirt. a solid 7 rating from me. His deliveries were dangerous.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LesH View Post
    Man, I really can't understand this, is TFC cursed to never have a clear, worry free victory?

Even when for a long period of time we are playing good in the offensive end, we end up by our ass being saved by Frei? With an average keeper by MLS standards this would have been a clear 2-2, or even worst for TFC.

Frei - again Swiss national team quality game.

Santos > Mista (at least 2 times in the effect on the team when he's on the pitch!).

JDG - still is making ridiculous money for what he is offering on the field. Will this ever change? At this point I doubt it.

Garcia - same old, same old... He'll go down in the TFC history like the worst player ever who played the most minutes while at TFC.

Brown from Chivas - excellent!

------------------------------

A very much needed result from TFC, without all the 3 points playoff chances would have decreased A LOT.
    +1**
    |
    x______________________________________________

Twitter: toast84

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How Long?

On long stretches of games, its almost expected that someone will get hurt. Its unfortunate that it was Santos. Any ideas on how long he may be out or is it just day to day??

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chivas players were complaining about the Barrett goal. But it was not offside. The officials screwed us a couple of times today, but at least they got that one right. At the moment of the Santos deflection:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent overall effort from TFC considering the fatigue factor and terrible officiating. Hopefully Santos didn't suffer a serious knee injury as he will be relied on heavily if TFC is to make a push for the playoffs. The only disappointment today was the play of JDG who looked very uncomfortable on the left wing. Otherwise, a very deserving victory for the boys today. Well done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big win for us today. Definitely love Maicon Santos but let's see how healthy he is. Mista's vision and passing impressed me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want everyone to know that in the late stages of the game Nick Garcia made a good defensive play.

Christmas has come early.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    Big win for us today. Definitely love Maicon Santos but let's see how healthy he is. Mista's vision and passing impressed me.
    That's true, but the guy lacks speed big time.

If his speed can't improve with conditioning, than no way he should have a higher salary than DeRo. And at that salary I doubt he'll stay with TFC...

Talking about salaries, if JDG continues to do what he's doing, normally the FO should cut a healthy million from his salary for 2011. Even then he would be overpaid at $800,000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Chivas players were complaining about the Barrett goal. But it was not offside. The officials screwed us a couple of times today, but at least they got that one right. At the moment of the Santos deflection:

Wow that has to be the best view ever....Some add the offside line to make it official. Still it was a great effort form TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Braun, not Brown, and yes, he was good. I wonder if Sanyang is being missed more than it seems, as it seems there are a lot more free runners in attacking areas than there were prior to his injury.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_82 View Post
    Wow that has to be the best view ever....Some add the offside line to make it official. Still it was a great effort form TFC.
    It took me a while, but I finally got the right moment on a screen grab from TFC TV. I don't have the technology to add the offside line, don't think I can do that in MS Paint. Edge of the box acts as a good offside guide here, since Chad is obviously closer to the edge of the box than the Chivas defender.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yohan...
    Mista had some great passes....better than the C you gave him.
    De Ro was awesome...
    Frei - how did he not get a 10...he made some sick saves...and you can't expect a keeper to stop a pentaly kick.

I thought everyone filled their role well today.

Pretty awesome...get the point in Motagua...then a big win at home...

Lastly...the Red Bulls are Shite.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great first half, shaky second half. If not for Frei, our side might have blown it with a loss. A win is a win, I know. But they can't play like this against better sides and get away with it. It'll be interesting to see how they do against New York and Thierry Henry.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my limbs, my voice, everything is fucking spent.

great day.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good first half.
    Second was very uninspiring.
    Bad passes all around.
    Why do they always insist on falling back once they are on a roll?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LesH View Post

It's a funny thing with him isn't it?

Set money aside and he is probably the best midfielder we have. He deserves the minutes, has good vision, has the best skill set and plays his role as a DM very well.

Despite the opinions of the twat behind me today... JDG is worthy of the minutes he gets.

Put the money back into the equation and you have a debate as to whether he was (and is) the best use of that DP slot. There, I've got to go with the other side of the coin and say no, we could probably do better with that slot.

I can't hate the guy though for signing the contract. Mo offered it to him. Which one of us would turn it down?

JDG at Guevara's old salary of $300k and we aren't having this focus or debate.

Disagree. Garcia had a decent game and made some solid plays to break up scoring chances.