Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The true fans!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I doubt the capo's would intentionally try to kill a song that is already started somewhere in the bunker.
    They probably just didn't notice it was happening.
    Unless of course you were trying to sing Oh When The Reds for the 20th time, then I would try to drown that out to!
    ^^^^^ what flats said.

From the stand if it's loud at the bottom you can barely hear past the first few rows. I try to watch folks and see what they are doing at the top but if I can't make it out I gotta move forward.

(ask prizby he yelled at me from row 7 and I made him come down )

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^
    Doesn't help when you got 80 different people trying to do their own thing.

The best thing to do is try to listen to what's going on and try to carry it to different sections especially when others don't want to listen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    ^^
    Doesn't help when you got 80 different people trying to do their own thing.

The best thing to do is try to listen to what's going on and try to carry it to different sections especially when others don't want to listen.
    ^^^^

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt the capo's would intentionally try to kill a song that is already started somewhere in the bunker.
    They probably just didn't notice it was happening.
    Unless of course you were trying to sing Oh When The Reds for the 20th time, then I would try to drown that out to!
    Also if Usector starts something & its building louder, the Capo is left with a decision to make......not an easy job.

Vic was fantastic in the 2nd half yesterday!
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    Another issue is that often 113 is starting something, and the mid/back of 112 is starting something else, so the capo hears the front of 113 before 112 and tries to get 112 on to that chant. It's tricky, but I think the balance was pretty good last night. Certainly the idea that the capo is just ignoring the section's vibe is incorrect -- he'd be in for a lot of frustration is that was the way it was played.
    This.

It's easier from the front of 112 to hear what's going on at the front of 113 than what's happening at the top of 112. Same with hearing what's happening in the front of 111 than the top of 112.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just really impressed that when chants got slow in 112*, section 111 would bring in a new one and kick it up a notch.

*which can happen at times, it's all part of the flow

slight redirect of the topic:

You know what would be awesome.... if the 2nd round of the massive was lead by 111 and directed at 112/113. Imagine if it could alternate direction? THAT would be.... massive
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really really hope we can get through next week and so have more nights like this. Right from the start, it was obvious people knew this was a special occasion and were givin' er. loved it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^

Amen.

More CCL!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is one thing I would like to see us change in the future:
    After Barrett's goal, we busted out the usual TFC-clap-clap-clap.
    But how difficult would it have been to switch that to Barrett-clap-clap-clap...?
    We are seriously lacking in player chants/songs,
    But something as simple as this would allow us to congratulate goal scorers.
    And it would work with most names on TFC's roster.
    Except for the one syllable names... in which case we could perhaps use their first names.

Know what I mean?
    That is the one area that we're really lacking, simpler player chants that aren't necessarily regulars, but get busted out when someone does something good.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

slight redirect of the topic:

You know what would be awesome.... if the 2nd round of the massive was lead by 111 and directed at 112/113. Imagine if it could alternate direction? THAT would be.... massive

Reds will go all the way. That's what's suppose to happen. Back and forth. It sounds awesome. More people are learning/bringing it back.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    I really really hope we can get through next week and so have more nights like this. Right from the start, it was obvious people knew this was a special occasion and were givin' er. loved it.
    Yep, Cruz Azul at BMO would be amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in row 9 or something of 111 and it was very very good...there was a flow going on.

Special thanks to that one dude in about row 6 who kept it live the entire game. He was the one who was starting something new when it got a little quiet. I should have bought that guy a beer now that I think about it. He deserved it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 cent's while we are talking about capos, I think it would be easier to have capo inside the section maybe row 8-11 near the drum and start chant from inside of the section. Also with capo at row 8-11 it would be easier to communicate with 111, removing capo stand would make more room in front of 112 for the banners and flag waving and you also get a clear view of 113 stand.

Making capo visible inside the section is no a big issue.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    I was in row 9 or something of 111 and it was very very good...there was a flow going on.
    what seats?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavydMT View Post
    2 cent's while we are talking about capos, I think it would be easier to have capo inside the section maybe row 8-11 near the drum and start chant from inside of the section. Also with capo at row 8-11 it would be easier to communicate with 111, removing capo stand would make more room in front of 112 for the banners and flag waving and you also get a clear view of 113 stand.

Making capo visible inside the section is no a big issue.
    Ideally the capo should be at the bottom IF the whole section is paying attention. The reason for a mid capo in 112 is to communicate with the top of 112, who at times, want to do their own thing.

But it's getting better.

A mid capo in 112 can't hear the front of 113 though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly.

The midcapo's job is to coordinate with the front capo who in turn is coordinate with the other capo.

Everyone should be paying attention to the capos who are trying to coordinate (not lead the chants or "DJ" as I like to call it) but rather pick up the chants that are starting and carrying them into other sections.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ideally in most parts of the world the capo leads the section. But our situation is a little different because as soon as there is a pause in the chanting someone, somewhere else, wants to fill that void. It appears we'll never get a common ground between the "Sing for 90" crowd vs "Sing when appropriate" crowd.

And short of having timed chants, a mid capo can help the capo on the stand by gauging what's happening on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favourite part of last night?

When Mista came to take the corner late in the game infront of 111-113. The whole stadium just seemed to explode... it got so loud, and as Mista was walking up to grab the ball, he looked up and had a huge smile on his face.

That.... THAT is what make me happy as a supporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideally the capo should be at the bottom IF the whole section is paying attention. The reason for a mid capo in 112 is to communicate with the top of 112, who at times, want to do their own thing.

But it's getting better.

A mid capo in 112 can't hear the front of 113 though.

Agree and preferably standing on a something higher, an extra meter above row one would be great, but I guess we need to work with what he have.

Can I get your feedback on the megaphone, I tested it at home and it sounded great, but was a little heavy. Should I keep it or look for something else?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post

When Mista came to take the corner late in the game infront of 111-113. The whole stadium just seemed to explode... it got so loud, and as Mista was walking up to grab the ball, he looked up and had a huge smile on his face.

Yeah and that little fist pump he gave as he picked up the ball added to it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavydMT View Post
    Agree and preferably standing on a something higher, an extra meter above row one would be great, but I guess we need to work with what he have.

Can I get your feedback on the megaphone, I tested it at home and it sounded great, but was a little heavy. Should I keep it or look for something else?
    It was loud enough I thought. Weight wise it was fine.

Too bad it's not red. LOL

The only negative would be that the handheld mic doesn't stay on the megaphone all that well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Mista's smile was awesome.

At one point last night I was standing in one of the front rows of 113 near the aisle by 112. There were a couple of parents there with their really little kids. To be able to see the older kid stood on the seat behind his parents (the father held the smallest one), and when we did the bounce the first time the older kid put his hand on my shoulder as he jumped on the seat. I couldn't help but smile and put my hand on his shoulder too.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    112 was the loudest I can remember it, and I don't think I've ever seen 127 bounce like that. Fun times - too bad we couldn't celebrate any more goals.

Also, kudos to the Honduran fan who showed up for his seat in 112 and promptly did this:

LMFAO!!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sure Shags. I got the same feeling when Carver gave us some fist pumps in Columbus a couple years ago.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Athough I didn't sit in 112 last night, I had the pleasure of being invited into 127 and I had a blast! The people are awesome! David (capo) was getting all of the "newbies" (and they had a TON) going as well as 126... he was up down all around, the chanting the energy was everywhere! I was jumping up and down with my RPB scarf and got no flack (accept from friends of course, haha). Seeing 111/112/113 going got us going and it was such a reflective situation. Not a competiton. It was kind of a "monkey see monkey do" for a lack of better words. We could hear the south end chanting it made me smile so big

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I read that I heard it in a Russina accent. Slavic Shags comes up for air every once in a while eh?

Hey Footie chick.

drop the scarf!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must be that scarf I've been wearing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, from the front of 111, when he gave the fist pump the volume seemed to jump another 40db!!! Awesome!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looked to me like it was a thumbs up from where I was standing.

Either way, that was a highlight!