Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    Good win by the boys! but decision making is still poor and rushed. We should have scored atleast 3 goals with more composed decision making in the final 3rd. Imo Nene is a better choice than sanyang for Dm and should be used more.
    Yeah they could have scored a few, but Montagua had some great chances too. Anyway, the main thing and the more important thing is that we didn't concede a goal. We get one goal in Hondorous will make it very very difficult for them.
    Last edited by sully; 07-27-2010 at 10:02 PM.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

out of curiousity, how many goals for barrett in all competition now? 8?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really impressd by gatorade for motagua. that dude was all over the pitch!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought the boys played very well tonight but, i just hope those chances don't come and bit us in the ass! BTW I don't know who likes peterson on here but he was fucken brutal!!!! I've said it since we got him, he should be coming off the bench!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling we're really going to be regretting not finishing those chances. On the positive side I thought we all sounded really good tonight. Looking across to the North End from 115 it was awesome to see 127, most of 126 and some of 125 standing and getting into the songs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    I was really impressd by gatorade for motagua. that dude was all over the pitch!
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Awesome Post...

But its true... "Gatorade" was so great, I thought I saw 11 of him out there...!!!

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've seen Peterson missed more chances that I've seen Chad miss lately. And on that note, beautiful finish by Barrett, he keeps doing that more often and he'll be across the pond eventually. But those misses were absolutely terrible, should have been something like 3-0 which would have had us a lot more relaxed going into Honduras but, we will see how it plays out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time we scored more than one goal in a match was May 29th.

Two months. Ouch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good game overall. I felt Peterson and Nane were weak points though. Seemed some teammates were getting frustrated with especially Nane...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought DeRo was going to get pulled at half. He looked tired in the first half. Had that one nice spin move in the 2nd half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scut farkus View Post
    Good game overall. I felt Peterson and Nane were weak points though. Seemed some teammates were getting frustrated with especially Nane...
    NANE had a wonderful game tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scut farkus View Post
    Couldn't disagree more on the nane part, he had an amazing night and was far better in the DM role than sanyang usually is
    the majority of nanes passes were spot on and he rarely lost the ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Oz View Post
    From what I've seen Peterson missed more chances that I've seen Chad miss lately. And on that note, beautiful finish by Barrett, he keeps doing that more often and he'll be across the pond eventually. But those misses were absolutely terrible, should have been something like 3-0 which would have had us a lot more relaxed going into Honduras but, we will see how it plays out.

Peterson booted 1 good and one great chance way over the net. From 105 I saw him clearly mess up 2 long throws and one attempted cross as well. He looked awful. I think part of the Gargan for Usanov sub was so that he would take the throws on right side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Nane played well. Much better control than Sanyang.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game, great night, good result.

We needed that second goal. We may regret it on the reverse. But I am not concentrating on that right now. 3 points at home always feels good.

Oh...and all the supporters sections were rocking. The southeast and the northwest. Booyakasha!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought Nane was terrible in the 1st half.

Didn't see much of the 2nd.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

really like JDG out there as left mid in an attacking role

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we played a really good game today. if De Guzman or Peterson could finish we'd be looking pretty sweet right now.

i liked the more attacking formation, but some of the player choices were a bit strange. I get the whole squad rotation thing, but I'd have liked to have seen our top line up out there from the start, try and get the big win so we can rest dudes for next weeks game, as it is we're going to have to take that very seriously indeed.

Cann was great in defence, garcia was also very solid, though his passing left a bit to be desired at times, but he generally made good decisions as to when to just get it out of there rather than try something fancy, one of his better games for us.

I thought nane had a great game, i was very pleasantly surprised by him, and de Guzman and de Rosario both played well, aside form their finishing. both of them were very box to box, de ro really helping out at the back, and de guzman getting forward a lot as well.

Great finish from Barrett on the goal, would have liked to see him keep going in the second half.

Will we win it all together? I thought 2-0 would have given us a good chance, 1-0 I think favours motagua, having to play in their weather with their fans and a referee presumably more sympathetic to the central american style will really be a big test for the boys.

crowd was awesome tonight, really good anthem, and it just kept going from there, southwest corner stuff regularly going a long way across the south end, and a lot more people than usual in 126 and even 125, and the 200's joining in with the simpler stuff from nee.

All in all a really enjoyable night, if only there wasn't a second leg to come.
    Last edited by Darlofletch; 07-27-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: questions deserve question marks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Great game, great night, good result.

We needed that second goal. We may regret it on the reverse. But I am not concentrating on that right now. 3 points at home always feels good.

Oh...and all the supporters sections were rocking. The southeast and the northwest. Booyakasha!
    Very true. We needed a 2-0 result b/c I see a 3-0 away defeat in Honduras.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the home end of the tie you gotta take care of business! What was up with Barrett pulling up on that breakaway?

Going to be very, very tough to keep a clean sheet with this defence. We tried to protect the lead for the last 20 minutes and they cut us up.

Tough to defend for 90...hope I'm wrong...
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joseph Nane was terrific tonight as a DM. My MOTM though was Adrian Cann.

Usmanov and Garcia were both liabilities waiting to become disasters.

When O'Brien White isn't showing the dash and flair of an overloaded laundry machine, he's displaying all the first touch of an anvil. Both Mista and Maicon Santos are vastly superior.

And Chad Barrett. Chad, Chad, Chad. Scored one, missed many. Could've had this game done and dusted by halftime. In game mode, oh yes. That's exactly his long-established game mode. Really want things to come good for this guy. May require a second lifespan.

Really nice job by the South Side Singers tonight. Seriously.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galaxy are getting humped at home 4-1 by PR Islanders.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cann is a fuckin rock back there. Great awareness and technique.

I'm scared of the second leg tho. Not because it's Honduras, but because we have a game in KC a few days before. The travel is gonna be a bitch and the guys are gonna be tired, which is gonna make it that much tougher. Now, TFC just needs a tie, and I think this team could grind out an ugly 0-0 road game. But Motagua just need 1-0 to even it up and 2-0 to win it and move the group stage.

At the end, I wasn't as happy as the drunks heading through the Go Train tunnel. I really lamented the lost opportunities to make it 2-0. We saw in some previous Voyageurs Cup tourneys how a 1-0 win at home can be a problem later.
    Last edited by rocker; 07-27-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our fullbacks are shite. Cann and Attakora do more than a decent job...their not the problem. That mob tonight carved the two outside men like a piece of soap.

WTF? Nick Garcia???

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Didn't the Limpact ride a number of 1-0 games into the quarters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got back from the game, holy traffic on the DVP tonight!

I thought TFC dominated for most of the match and once again should have scored 3 goals tonight if not for a lack of finish around the net. I was pleasantly surprised with the play of Garcia and Joseph in particular. JDG and DeRo were putting in magnificent through balls all night and Barrett put away one of his two glorious chances. If TFC can score a goal in Honduras next week I think they have a very good chance of advancing to the next round...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I thought Nane was terrible in the 1st half.

Didn't see much of the 2nd.
    Thank you Vic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Didn't the Limpact ride a number of 1-0 games into the quarters?
    their first game of the play-in was a 1-0 win over Real Esteli. Then they got a 0-0 draw at Real Esteli. But I remember distinctly that RE was total shit. I believe they even played the RE "home" game in Honduras since RE's stadium in Nicaragua wasnt good enough.

In the group stage Montreal didn't have any 1-0 games. They had a couple 2 goal games and a 4 goal gamer against Joe Pubes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krasno.pL. View Post
    Agreed, he was awesome tonight - great defensive midfield performance, cut their attacks out, and passed well to rebuild. Like a young Roy Keane out there

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krasno.pL. View Post
    what game was I at, 1rst half his touch's were brutal....and gave the ball away, He did get better in the 2nd half, but he was lost in the beginning, Is it only me that was disappointed with the starting line up? I thought we might go all out for once and simply put the best men on the field. It didn't seem as important a game to Preki as I would have assumed. what is with Mista playing only 30 mins a game?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana