0 Thread(s)

Default Nicholas Lindsay

man oh man does that kid look good.
    only 16, i hope he continues to progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i noticed him too, definitely has a bright future.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    man oh man does that kid look good.
    only 16, i hope he continues to progress
    really 16? Asif said on match-chat last night that he's 18-ish
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The future is looking so bright, TFC is going to have a solid Defence, in the next few years look for a solid tandem between Nana and Henry

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was 17 in june

Four other Academy players were available off the bench, with 17-year-old Nicholas Lindsay seeing action in the second half.

http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/So...tml?id=3104529

he's the kid who had the hat trick against colo colo? goddamn, gotta keep tabs on this guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they should sign henry and lindsay now...
    i was talking to jason bent last night and he said the lindsay is a better striker then winger,he also said that he is losing 4 guys soon going to school in the us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ech fuck school, give your future to TFC!
    curious matheson wasnt out there, wonder if hes off to school.
    Hope Lindsay isnt one of em, he'd waste away in the NCAA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bend also mentioned that tfc will have first right to sign these players after they finish school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah if Lindsay isn't signed before he hits NCAA... I'll be pissed off. The kid has a bright future for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    bend also mentioned that tfc will have first right to sign these players after they finish school.
    This is true but the time away from the team could hurt them. I'd prefer to keep them here where you can keep an eye on them an develop them the way that you like.

Unfortunately with the roster restrictions you can't do this for everyone. You have to be careful which ones you want to sign.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, that and the fact that we might have to leave them open to vancouver next year. i dont blame these kids for going to school to get an education, i do if they think itll help their footballing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had a kid who was 15-17 with great talent, I'd tell them to forget about school and go pro (and I'm a university professor!). University will always be there later in life. And too many 18 year olds go to university and have no clue why they are there, so they get little out if except a piece of paper (older students with life experience are better students). And if you do university THEN get into pro soccer, you may stunt your growth as a pro player, AND your degree skills will have declined so you'll have to retrain anyways at some point. The NCAA option is good for teens who maybe aren't the greatest players, and who definitely need a backup option in life.

RANT OFF!
    Last edited by rocker; 07-22-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    If I had a kid who was 15-17 with great talent, I'd tell them to forget about school and go pro (and I'm a university professor!). University will always be there later in life. And too many 18 year olds go to university and have no clue why they are there, so they get little out if except a piece of paper (older students with life experience are better students). And if you do university THEN get into pro soccer, you may stunt your growth as a pro player, AND your degree skills will have declined so you'll have to retrain anyways at some point. The NCAA option is good for teens who maybe aren't the greatest players, and who definitely need a backup option in life.

RANT OFF!
    I would argue that rotting on a bench in the MLS or playing in the CSL would stunt your growth more then playing in the NCAA. If TFC signs Lindsey right now, all he'll do is sit on the bench. Unless you think he's MLS ready, which is crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RANT OFF!
    100% agreed for talented kids in any sport. This thinking was and is ignored in basketball because the schools don't get a chance to exploit the likes of Kobe Bryant. When he went straight to the NBA, I was a university student in Philly (where he is from) and I couldn't believe how many people were arguing against him skipping college. LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so basically, your recommending the reinstatement of a reserve league to facilitate the growth of these players. why the league got rid of it to begin with is beyond me.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I would argue that rotting on a bench in the MLS or playing in the CSL would stunt your growth more then playing in the NCAA. If TFC signs Lindsey right now, all he'll do is sit on the bench. Unless you think he's MLS ready, which is crazy.
    no that is wrong

ncaa is a dumb setup, and getting to play a little more against vastly inferior opponents is not worth 4 years of a players career

to be honest, we should have a U-21 USL team, to go along with our U-18 CSL team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    no that is wrong

ncaa is a dumb setup, and getting to play a little more against vastly inferior opponents is not worth 4 years of a players career

to be honest, we should have a U-21 USL team, to go along with our U-18 CSL team
    But that's not the case is it? we don't have a U-21 USL team. Therefore, that player would come here and rott on the bench. MLS (as it stands today) would really stump a kid's growth who was brought in at 16 or 17 years of age and is knowhere near being MLS ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drexel10 View Post
    100% agreed for talented kids in any sport. This thinking was and is ignored in basketball because the schools don't get a chance to exploit the likes of Kobe Bryant. When he went straight to the NBA, I was a university student in Philly (where he is from) and I couldn't believe how many people were arguing against him skipping college. LOL!
    You are comparing a talent like Kobe Bryant to a talent like Nicholas Lindsey. Of course a great talent like Kobe or Lebron should skip college, especially considering they are NBA ready the day they step on the court.

But that's not the case here.
    Last edited by Pachuco; 07-22-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    But that's not the case is it? we don't have a U-21 USL team. Therefore, that player would come here and rott on the bench. MLS (as it stands today) would really stump a kid's growth who was brought in at 16 or 17 years of age and is knowhere near being MLS ready.
    Yes and having watched Ibby develop from 2008 until now would be your best argument.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to watch the highlight of Lindsay's fancy little move to get into a better position for a shot after O'Brian (swiss cheese) White missed the shot in front of the net. You don't see composure on the ball like that with alot of MLS guys. I am looking forward to seeing more of him for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc View Post
    so basically, your recommending the reinstatement of a reserve league to facilitate the growth of these players. why the league got rid of it to begin with is beyond me.
    got rid of it because of costs, are currently looking at bringing it back as it helps with the academies etc etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it will be back next year from my understading and IIRC.
    They wanted to bring back the reserve league THIS season but couldnt find away to create a league that is efficient it two ways: cost v quality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    ech fuck school, give your future to TFC!
    curious matheson wasnt out there, wonder if hes off to school.
    Hope Lindsay isnt one of em, he'd waste away in the NCAA

it probally is Mattheson hes 18.
    but it cant be any of the players that played
    Lindsay is 17, Henry is 16 or 17

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drexel10 View Post
    Yes and having watched Ibby develop from 2008 until now would be your best argument.
    ibby is a good argument about not allowing clauses in a contract for a young player that give the selling team more shit if he plays a certain amount of games, nothing more

ncaa is shit, produces shit players that are years behind where they should be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    it probally is Mattheson hes 18.
    but it cant be any of the players that played
    Lindsay is 17, Henry is 16 or 17
    Lindsays my age (turning 18 in september). I played with him 2 years ago. So that means he's off to university, unless he's decided to stick around the gta and continue playing for the academy. He had knee surgery recently, im impressed with his recovery and development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a reserve league and we need to start looking seriously at the CSL as a source of players. The quality isn't bad. TFC and MLS need to start looking at these lower leagues and be willing to pay small amounts of money for transfer fees. It's not going to break your back and in many cases will improve the quality of the leagues below you (and improve your own by increasing the amount of good players in the north american pool). Unfortunately, MLS thinks its ok to use the Shite NCAA model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it just sucks there's no way to get these guys to continue to develop short of sending them off to NCAA (which is a half solution at best, short-season, dumb rules, little depth in talent).

BUT we should be making some room for a few guys on the team. I guess if they want to go there's nothing stopping them, but I think it's crazy to run to the NCAA instead of taking the shot at going pro and getting better training on a day-to-day basis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah it just sucks there's no way to get these guys to continue to develop short of sending them off to NCAA (which is a half solution at best, short-season, dumb rules, little depth in talent).

BUT we should be making some room for a few guys on the team. I guess if they want to go there's nothing stopping them, but I think it's crazy to run to the NCAA instead of taking the shot at going pro and getting better training on a day-to-day basis.
    Also, these kids can still go to university in GTA while training/playing with TFC like how Gala did. It's win-win situation.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RANT OFF!

That's depending on a whole lotta "what ifs" there, Rockster...
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    That's depending on a whole lotta "what ifs" there, Rockster...
    huh? explain...

so you think every kid should go to the NCAA no matter what? I disagree.

I explained the situation in which a kid should and *should not* attend the NCAA for soccer.
    Last edited by rocker; 07-23-2010 at 08:27 AM.