Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cochrane and Daso

They're getting a bit more prominence on the TFC website lately.

Could it be, we're being prepped for the news that they stay in their positions?
    Last edited by Batman; 11-25-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prob more because we want the info rather than trying to get us used to them being around in their positions (or so i hope)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    They getting a bit more prominence on the TFC website lately.

Could it be, we're being prepped for the news that they stay in their positions?

God I hope you're wrong but I've had this gut feeling all along.

They've already managed to sway people into thinking that it might be an okay thing to do.

I don't care how nice they are or how competent they seem.

They are the last things that this team needs right now. We need experience and people who know how to win. Neither of these guys fits the bill.

But I'm sure they were very nice at the end of season party and chatted up lots of "friends".

By the time they're announced they'll have lots of friends amongst the supporters....in fact, they already do...which is fucking sad in my opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope to fuck youre right too Voodoo

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People they told us they weren`t not going to get anyone till after the draft. That doesn`t give a lot of time to grab a proper coach/gm.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we get them as management, I will make sure to give them 2 years, to show something, if nothing, going straight to our rival being introduced next year, Impact de Montreal

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    If we get them as management, I will make sure to give them 2 years, to show something, if nothing, going straight to our rival being introduced next year, Impact de Montreal
    Don't wait two years. If you're ready to switch club allegiance over the choice of GM, just go now. Please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just upset with the "being happy to be mediocre team" method of creating a team, players arent content, fans arent content, we are getting no name players joining us, but still would support the team due to them being closest to where I live

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daso is a CSA guy, a guy who helped coached the CMNT, he has a horrible track record.

No thanks. I hope he goes to coach Limpact with gracos.

This is a TFC supporters forum, not a fan boy forum.
    Last edited by Parkdale; 11-25-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also would be disappointed if we stick with the status quo.

We've had too many people try to learn their jobs with our money.
    Anselmi, no soccer experience. Mo had little gm experience (and what he had was poor), Brennan no assist. GM experience, Daso and Cochrane, no experience in their jobs at THIS level, other than the stub period at end of year.

I have nothing against the individuals, and I hope they stick with the team in other capacities. I also realize people can grow, but I'd like that growth to be under the tutelage of someone who has been there before, either in MLS or at a more advanced league. Let's face it, the tutelage under Mo had to be pretty useless.

Continuing this trend, I would find very disappointing.
    Last edited by Batman; 11-25-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi, no soccer experience. Mo had little gm experience (and what he had was poor), Brennan no assist. GM experience, Daso and Cochrane, no experience in their jobs at THIS level, other than the stub period at end of year.

I have nothing against the individuals, and I hope they stick with the team in other capacities. I also realize people can grow, but I'd like that growth to be under the tutelage of someone who has been there before, either in MLS or at a more advanced league. Let's face it, the tutelage under Mo had to be pretty useless.

+1 to all of that.

If earl wasn't at tfc, would we be clamouing for him to be the gm? do you think any other mls club would seriously be considering earl as the gm? if anyone answered no to both of those questions, and i hope you have, then why would you be ok with tfc settling for him.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    +1 to all of that.

If earl wasn't at tfc, would we be clamouing for him to be the gm? do you think any other mls club would seriously be considering earl as the gm? if anyone answered no to both of those questions, and i hope you have, then why would you be ok with tfc settling for him.
    and +1 from me too. You're absolutely right Batman! (always wanted to say that )
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Forever we'll love you so
    Through all of the highs and lows
    This is our crest and this, this is our home

We want you to know
    We want you to knoooooow oh oh
    Forever we'll love you, we'll love you TO

The words to that obviously mean nothing to you.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ do we really know how many aspiring Managers want to work in the MLS?

Forget aspiring, how many experienced and successful Managers want to work in the MLS?

The thing about knocking "The Coch" is that you don't really know what the competition for this job looks like. "The Coch" might be the best we can get

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

Forget aspiring, how many experienced and successful Managers want to work in the MLS?

The thing about knocking "The Coch" is that you don't really know what the competition for this job looks like. "The Coch" might be the best we can get

Pookie, that's dangerously defeatist. The approach we should be taking is: other teams have got good GMs or coaches in place, so why the fuck can't TFC do it, because it clearly can be done in this league.

Until MLSE learns that, we're going nowhere, however many people Anselmi tries to "train" out of humanitarian tendencies.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

At the price we're willing to pay, maybe, but there's no salary cap for management.

Except self-imposed. Really, if you're MLSE why would you spend more money on an outside manager when you can give the job to the guy already here? A new manager (or coach) if he's experienced and successful, will demand not only more money but more control and probably the ability to spend more money on more assistants of his choice.

And that's just what they did with their hockey team - they signed an experienced GM with a recent championship, gave him a solid, long-term contract, allowed him to hire more scouts and an assistant GM who's run a team himself and so far the results just aren't there. They aren't selling any more tickets and they aren't playing in any playoff games. They could have saved a lot of money, stuck with JFJ and been in the same position.

So now TFC have pretty much sold out all the season tickets again (the team will certainly make a profit next year), so what's the motivation to spend more money? A little more profit? Is it worth te risk?

They will probably extend the contract with Soccer Solutions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would hope they would realize by now that we aren't about to put up with daso and earl getting the jobs permanently. If they do then a big part of our reason for protesting will have been completely ignored.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is way too much paranoia around here.

Remember "Rollin' with Rickets?"
    How about "Esky's World?"
    All the focus on Carver?

featuring on the TFC website is a sure indication that you won't be around much longer!

Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-25-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I think there is way too much paranoia around here.

Remember "Rollin' with Rickets?"
    How about "Esky's World?"
    All the focus on Carver?

featuring on the TFC website is a sure indication that you won't be around much longer!

You maybe be right Oldtimer. All the crap we've put up with over the years (and as Raptors fan, I've had 15 other years of that comedy too) with MLSE leads to it I guess. I'm pretty suspicious.

It will be interesting to see if they do whats right for the team and the fans, or do whats right for their wallet. We'll see.
    Last edited by Batman; 11-25-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So from Donadoni and Klinsman, now its Daso and Earl. No freaking way, not an acceptable pair of unproven, inexperienced, underqualified leadership. They want to keep those 2 fine...but somewhere in a non leadership role where they can learn and develop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    So from Donadoni and Klinsman, now its Daso and Earl. No freaking way, not an acceptable pair of unproven, inexperienced, underqualified leadership. They want to keep those 2 fine...but somewhere in a non leadership role where they can learn and develop.
    So what RSL did with an uporven GM and Coach is unacceptable to us?? We shouldn't want to be like them they are only one of the best teams in the MLS

No offense the hiring of Dondadoni would have been a huge mistake. What has really done? Outside of having a couple of good months with Livorno? Hiring an a "name" as a coach just cause of his name is bullshit and is no what we should do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the point about RSL hiring two people with no experience, who took them to MLS Cup, is definitely a good counterpoint. RSL gave Kreis and Lagerway time to screw up and figure their way through things. RSL didn't make the playoffs in Kreis' first year as coach. They barely made the playoffs in the second season... made playoffs in the third but without any improvement (flatlined). They were great in their fourth season.

So 1 year of suck, 2 year of barely making playoffs before becoming great. Are TFC fans willing to let no-names have that kind of slack?

The reason I like going for an experienced person with the right mentality, is that maybe we don't need to suck for much longer until we find out if it works. See Sigi and Bruce and Backe. These guys have made their mistakes at other teams, and worked out a philosophy for success.
    Last edited by rocker; 11-25-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    So what RSL did with an uporven GM and Coach is unacceptable to us?? We shouldn't want to be like them they are only one of the best teams in the MLS

No offense the hiring of Dondadoni would have been a huge mistake. What has really done? Outside of having a couple of good months with Livorno? Hiring an a "name" as a coach just cause of his name is bullshit and is no what we should do.
    I dont frankly care about the RSL example. We are not RSL, and we dont have the patience for what they did, given the history of the incompetence in this franchise. This franchise will implode if we dont see improvement and playoffs next year. Earl and Daso are not the answer. Not even close to the answer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donadoni has a job now, by the way.

He's not in contention anymore.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    the point about RSL hiring two people with no experience, who took them to MLS Cup, is definitely a good counterpoint. RSL gave Kreis and Lagerway time to screw up and figure their way through things. RSL didn't make the playoffs in Kreis' first year as coach. They barely made the playoffs in the second season... made playoffs in the third but without any improvement (flatlined). They were great in their fourth season.

So 1 year of suck, 2 year of barely making playoffs before becoming great. Are TFC fans willing to let no-names have that kind of slack?

The reason I like going for an experienced person with the right mentality, is that maybe we don't need to suck for much longer until we find out if it works. See Sigi and Bruce and Backe. These guys have made their mistakes at other teams, and worked out a philosophy for success.
    Good points all (I cannot for the life of me believe I'm agreeing with you). And I think if in year two and three TFC made the playoffs at all, it would be viewed as a coming-of-age achievement rather than slack. That's how low the bar is right now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    I dont frankly care about the RSL example. We are not RSL, and we dont have the patience for what they did, given the history of the incompetence in this franchise. This franchise will implode if we dont see improvement and playoffs next year. Earl and Daso are not the answer. Not even close to the answer.
    RSL was a monumental disaster in their first few years, and was by far the worst expansion side until TFC came along. RSL is the perfect example for us, because they are exactly parallel to TFC. The only difference is that their coach and GM were fired at the end of year 3 instead of year 4. We can blame Tom Anselmi for letting Mo fool him for one more year.

They didn't need a "big name" GM and neither do we. We just need someone with the right attributes. Some fading Euro guy may not be the right answer.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-25-2010 at 03:41 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think both are staying.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    I think both are staying.
    I would be concerned about Daso being in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further to Rocker's point two out of three coaches he stated have had MLS experience Backe had nothing. Maybe I am the only one here but who is out there with MLS experience and is a winner????

Just to completely dismiss Daso and or Earl just because the lack of experience is short sided and incorrect. What if they are the answer? We don't know because we don't have a clue who else is out there. I have spoken to quite a few of players and nothing but good things have been said about Daso. Also, I would like to state when discussing previous coaches while they were here they never said anything positive about them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its funny because Dasovic has more experience at coaching than Cochrane has at player management, yet everyone is ready to install Cochrane because he comes across as a nice guy that might know his stuff.

Cochrane is more qualified to replace Michel Lissel than he is to replace Mo Johnston.

It will be disheartening if either of these guys are still in their roles when the season starts.