Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    Myself, Julian, Jonathan and Atiba were at the game on Saturday in the box seats so he has seen what the fans do already but yeah go ahead.
    Saturday was garbage...no atmosphere whatsoever. We've had much better games.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres gotta be some sort of chant started for the guy. he is leading our national team through the WCQ. Lets get something worked out wiht the Usector

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Saturday was garbage...no atmosphere whatsoever. We've had much better games.
    He's commented on the atmosphere before. I'm sure he's been at a TFC game before as well.
    Canada finest player!
    Def. DP worthy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    I checked out the Deportivo site, 80 Euros for his jersey, without shipping...Friend is 77.98 Euros without shipping...
    Group buy?

$80?
    I found it for 64 Euro.
    http://www.lcoruna.net/EQUIPOS/E1equ...volacoruna.htm
    Still not cheap...
    Last edited by SilverSamurai; 06-24-2008 at 12:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will get a Friend national team jersey, discussion which can be seen here - http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2323 - before I get a 'Gladbach jersey.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary Canuck View Post
    To be honest, I'm kind of surprised no bigger clubs have come in for Jules this offseason. I've seen a couple of his teammates linked with Barca and Arsenal but nothing for Jules.... at least I haven't seen anything. I believe he's got one year left on his deal at Depor and the club's in big debt so I doubt they'd say no to any respectable offer. It would be pretty sweet to go out and pick up a JDG Barca shirt.

Anyone else think that he could become a true household name in Canada if he was transferred to one of the 4 big English clubs? Obviously the EPL is way more mainstream in Canada than La Liga and his visibility would be huge playing for one of those clubs. He's certainly the first Canadian international with the talent to do so.
    to be honest i believe that for jdg to become truly a big name in this country he is going to have to lead canada to a world cup, then while at the world cup lead us to atleats the second round, the unfortunate thing with north american sports is they seem to only immortalize players when they play in games of that sort of magnitude and produce memorable results, donovan bailey anyone??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edmundo View Post
    to be honest i believe that for jdg to become truly a big name in this country he is going to have to lead canada to a world cup, then while at the world cup lead us to atleats the second round, the unfortunate thing with north american sports is they seem to only immortalize players when they play in games of that sort of magnitude and produce memorable results, donovan bailey anyone??
    I hope you're wrong, but I agree.
    I know a lot of people find it hard to believe me when I say a player on the national team plays for La Liga. They joke about him being a bench player but then are in shock when I tell them where he plays for. Although the La Liga glory hunters usually "pretend" to not care if it has nothing to do with Real Madrid or Barcelona. I do admit that beyond JDG, Real Madrid and Barcelona, I know next to nothing about La Liga. I do like Barcelona's kit though lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fyi...

my buddy had choice's for 24 tickets for Canada Day
    he's bringing the team he coaches
    East side, West side, Upper tier
    all together, same section, 3 rows - 8 seats per row

also had options for the south end too
    same section but spread out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah man, keep the guy in Spain that's where his game belongs. He's a smooth technical player that can control the mid. England is too much run and gun, he'd get fouled out of the game too often.

I agree from a marketing standpoint he'd be better off in England. But even a name club like the big two in Spain would do the trick.

Heathen

If you're gonna have a dig at Jonathan while complimenting Julian how about this...

There's only one De Guzman!
    One De Guzman!
    The other one's Dutch
    And dead to us
    Walking in a Julian wonderland

or to the tune of Vindaloo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T1pXsJp_go)

Julian, Julian, Julian, Julian, Juliaaaaaan, Juliaaaaaa-aa-an
    And we all love Julian... DE GUZMAN
    Last edited by Heathen; 06-24-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ah man, keep the guy in Spain that's where his game belongs. He's a smooth technical player that can control the mid. England is too much run and gun, he'd get fouled out of the game too often.

I agree from a marketing standpoint he'd be better off in England. But even a name club like the big two in Spain would do the trick.
    Just the guy Barcelona needs in their team's overhaul