Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Nearly Attacked by Scalpers 30 Minutes before Colorado Game

I was heading to ward the Field with a friend and I had just come out from under the Go Train underpass, when I saw about 12 scalpers. One by one they each called to me “Buying? Selling?”. Some asked 3-4 times, like they were expecting me to reply. I kept walking along by the 7th time I was asked, I yelled back at one of them to “f*ck off and stop asking me you f*cking scalping scum”.

That was my first mistake. My second came less than 3 seconds later when 4-5 them heard me and replied with a barrage of obscenities. To which I replied “f*ck all of you assholes”. Then 5 of them started towards me with the usual aggressive posturing. No cops or security within an earshot, I kept walking toward the Field. One of them came right up to my face, called me a list of expletives and closed with the “I’m ready to dance, are you?” One of his friends grabbed his arm and told him “We’ll get him later”. Whatever that means.

That’s when I did something right. No 3 strikes for me that day. I kept walking and realized that as long as there are that many scalpers (I counted over 30 in the parking lot last Saturday at various entrances) getting hassled on the way to the game was now part of the new TFC Game Day normal routine. I guess I have to just take it and keep walking every game day.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that sucks bro

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DOMIN8R...

not sure if it was you but I saw someone say something to a couple of scalpers and the scalper screamed back "Come over here and i'll break your f'ing jaw" bleep bleep etc etc

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I was heading to ward the Field with a friend and I had just come out from under the Go Train underpass, when I saw about 12 scalpers. One by one they each called to me “Buying? Selling?”. Some asked 3-4 times, like they were expecting me to reply. I kept walking along by the 7th time I was asked, I yelled back at one of them to “f*ck off and stop asking me you f*cking scalping scum”.

That was my first mistake. My second came less than 3 seconds later when 4-5 them heard me and replied with a barrage of obscenities. To which I replied “f*ck all of you assholes”. Then 5 of them started towards me with the usual aggressive posturing. No cops or security within an earshot, I kept walking toward the Field. One of them came right up to my face, called me a list of expletives and closed with the “I’m ready to dance, are you?” One of his friends grabbed his arm and told him “We’ll get him later”. Whatever that means.

That’s when I did something right. No 3 strikes for me that day. I kept walking and realized that as long as there are that many scalpers (I counted over 30 in the parking lot last Saturday at various entrances) getting hassled on the way to the game was now part of the new TFC Game Day normal routine. I guess I have to just take it and keep walking every game day.

if they ask if you have extras just say im saving them for real supporters that need them...it usually keeps the quite silent.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on you for giving them hell dude. Travel in numbers and do more of it. I like to give the standard "does it look like i need tickets you ___ (weekly obscenity here). My size and generally looking like an asshole tends to keep them from coming after me. Keep it up though. Make their lives difficult. Dont let them win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw cops writing a ticket for one on Saturday right outside the GO entrance

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    DOMIN8R...

not sure if it was you but I saw someone say something to a couple of scalpers and the scalper screamed back "Come over here and i'll break your f'ing jaw" bleep bleep etc etc
    Yeah, that sounds like one of the many things that were said to me.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as i said in another post, one has 13 tickets taken off him so the cops are clamping down, although i wonder what happen to the 13 tickets?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to hear that dude, wonder how tough they would be if they were confronted by a group of supporters

take their tickets and give them to real supporters.
    c'mon you Reds!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    sorry to hear that dude, wonder how tough they would be if they were confronted by a group of supporters

take their tickets and give them to real supporters.

well when they see cops they take off like Ben johnson in 1988!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no offense to you, but are you dumb?

does the natural human trait of self-preservation not exist in you?
    Would you call on a bunch of organized criminals in another context?
    Seems like the confrontation could have been avoided if you kept waking.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense taken. Your point is 100% valid. My emotions got the best of me. I can't really defend my actions, to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^
    what parkdale said.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note to everyone... Parkdale is a scalper!!

Oh wait, is parkdale gonna kick my ass now? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    no offense to you, but are you dumb?

does the natural human trait of self-preservation not exist in you?
    Would you call on a bunch of organized criminals in another context?
    Seems like the confrontation could have been avoided if you kept waking.
    Yah I somewhat have to agree. I just put my head down and hold up my hand to say not interested and they go off on their way. The last thing I would want is to draw attention to myself by those guys who probably get sneered at for the besst part of the pre game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since there are no supporter groups from the visiting teams, let's start some violence against scalpers!! I am just joking...

I had 2 extra tickets in the last minute that game. I tried to find somebody to take them but couldn't. So, I did something that I now regret. I went up to a scalpter and how much I could get for them. He said "$10 each." I replied "No." He then said "Go F*** yourself!!"

I hate scalpers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's unfortunate they are there but you are going in a bad direction with this....trust me. They are not going anywhere and their legions come out of the woodwork like cochroaches when provoked so please beware....seriously people, don't be stupid.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of them seemed pissed as they are not doing the business they had hoped,
    the RPB ticket site just might be working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the hooli's should of gangbanged em

i would never let a scalper talk to me like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just sort of laugh and keep walking

it's good if it's true that the cops are busting them, though I've yet to see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the LA game I was having trouble picking up a ticket which I bought off a guy on e-bay (I eventually got it). So I asked a scalper "how much?"- out of desperation. He goes "$100 to get in today". I said "are you fucking serious mate?"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Bars92;60211] He goes "$100 to get in today".quote]
    well i guess if beckham was playin it would be worth it, but
    i dunno why ppl think thats a crazy price, when i goto leafs games i pay twice that almost

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=NateDoGG;60212]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    He goes "$100 to get in today".quote]
    i dunno why ppl think thats a crazy price, when i goto leafs games i pay twice that almost

but not from a scalper, they must mark up leafs tickets like crazy with the demand for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder what kind of ticket will the scalpers get... can they file a trial date? cut a deal with prosecutors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=NateDoGG;60212]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    He goes "$100 to get in today".quote]
    Yeah there is a markup on TFC tickets aswell unless you were smart enough to get seasons or get them from ticketmaster early. For sure if Beckham was playing it would be reasonable, the fact he wasn't was the sickening part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scalpers are like gamblers, they dont have a real job,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Solution.

Designate a spot right near the ground where fans are able to see their tickets at face value, this is done at lots of places in the states and allows real fans to sell their tickets to other real fans at the correct price. It would be strictly enforced and anybody who tries to fuck with the system loses their right to tickets and their right to sell (just like the RPB ticket forum). Face value seats going to legit supporters, what a novel concept.

All it would take is a small fenced in area near the grounds that's monitered and strictly enforced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    I saw cops writing a ticket for one on Saturday right outside the GO entrance
    I think I saw the same dude. The cops actually had his hands tied behind his back with those plastic ties. The rest of the scalpers around the GO entrance had moved far away and were very discreet.

Good to see the popo finally doing something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a similar incident at a concert a while back. I find its best just to pretend they don't exist. As much as I'd love to just crack one in the head with a bat, its simply not worth having to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely saw a crack down on the scalpers at the Kansas game. Saw at least two guys in the company of our friendly neighborhood cops.