Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW - how far has Hscanovic fallen off the radar that we played two players out of position today instead of playing him in his natural position. I really think we gots to do something about this and get a true LB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how come the avg attendance for TFC home games is only 17,000. The avg was over 20,000 last week, and today's game was 22,000, so one would expect the avg to go up...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gargan was great but quite how Stefan Frei was not MoTM baffles me. 4 or 5 outstanding saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    OBW and Usanov were worse than usual. I'll take the points but we have to win next week's game.
    I'll have to disagree about Usanov, I think he played very well, OBW on the other hand was invisible. Just how I read the game. I thought Usanov defended well and made some very good crosses and runs up the wing.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/videos?catid=1822&id=6697

Just watched the Match Highlights on mlsnet.com. Absolutely dreadful commentary, worse than usual, these guys don't sound at all happy to but up at noon to call this game.

Listen to how emotionless he is when Ibby scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morgank1986 View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/videos?catid=1822&id=6697

Just watched the Match Highlights on mlsnet.com. Absolutely dreadful commentary, worse than usual, these guys don't sound at all happy to but up at noon to call this game.

Listen to how emotionless he is when Ibby scores.
    i think its because these guys are Rapids homers. at least i really hope so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OBW had a subpar game however getting rid of him only follows this clubs short history of getting rid of players that don't work out and don't give immediate results. I seriously think that is counter productive and does not help a players mental developement in any way.. Have we not learned already from the many mistakes we have done trading players and then they break out in other clubs.. There is something about OBW that i like however i think he needs to be used more as a poacher instead of making him run the field.. He doesn't have the legs to run back and forth and get into a scoring position.. Although with Mista coming in to play soon he just might be displaced from his position..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack of sleep and overexposure to the sun/heat are a lethal combination. Came to close to a medical emergency in the city today and missed the TFC game as a result. Well, three points are more important to me than my own health so all is good, I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost forgot one of the cool things from the broadcast today - CBC put Dick Howard in the booth with Nigel!

I was glad to see them give Howard a chance. I think he did well.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked hearing Dick Howard today as well. Seemed like it took him the 1st half to get comfortable but then really seemed to enjoy himself, throwing in a little humor now and then even. He can come back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Almost forgot one of the cool things from the broadcast today - CBC put Dick Howard in the booth with Nigel!

As much as I loved De Vos as captain Canada, he really doesn't do it for me as a colour guy. He seems like he'd be more suited to a role as an in-studio analyst than a PbP guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd BMO game of my life and the season, 3rd TFC game ever.

I have a perfect record, 3-0-0. Never seen TFC lose, always happy with the results. Today though, the lads seemed to be on their game and playing creatively...unlike against New England where they ground out the win. The scoreline today could have easily been 2 or 3 nil if TFC had gotten a little bit of luck and decent reffing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South end was in fine form today. 110 was very vocal. Great enthusiasm for a 12pm start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    It sounds like they may have been calling it off monitors in a Denver TV studio. The lack of leakage into the commentary microphones also smacks of a studio/monitor call.

Perhaps if the audio engineer at the studio had cranked up the ambient audio into their headsets, they might have picked up their enthusiasm to a degree.

The almost total lack of crowd ambience in their mix is laughable especially compared to the CBC audio on Game In Six.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching part of the game on atdhe before I switched over to CBC when I found out they were streaming it (didn't know if they were because of the world cup) and the difference was night and day. For the Colorado one I couldn't hear anything but them talking. For the CBC one I heard them talking and I could hear the crowd crystal clear. The Colorado people must of done it from a studio because there was no background noise at all.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    I have a perfect record, 3-0-0. Never seen TFC lose, always happy with the results.
    Ouch!

Thanks for rubbing it in with salt...
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    I don't care how much of a homer you are, that call was absolutely pathetic... . especially given the fact that nobody scores for an entire hour. it was funny though.

i loved the Lopez call when he almost scored.... oh oh Oh Oh OH OH OH!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    2nd BMO game of my life and the season, 3rd TFC game ever.

I have a perfect record, 3-0-0. Never seen TFC lose, always happy with the results. Today though, the lads seemed to be on their game and playing creatively...unlike against New England where they ground out the win. The scoreline today could have easily been 2 or 3 nil if TFC had gotten a little bit of luck and decent reffing.
    So when are you moving to Toronto? You can stay at BMO as long as you like. In fact how would feel about BMO being your funeral plot.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the standings
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/standings
    We really needed to win this match. The ole 'if the league ended today' we would have the 7th spot.
    Also, along those lines, it would be 5 clubs from the West and only 3 from the East in the playoffs.
    We are also tied with Colorado and San Jose in points but I think we hold the tie breaker with SJ. Colorado would be one goal ahead of us with their 3-1 win early in the season.
    We next face Philly who we beat 2-1 in April, but this time it's at their new SSS and they look pretty good in their new digs. By no means will this be an easy match...just ask Seattle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Wikipedia, we are currently 5th place in the overall standings, though tied with a couple of teams in points.

The more staggering statistic, is that we haven't lost in eleven games, all competitions considered. In MLS, we haven't lost a game since week six. We've given up two goals in our last nine matches.

Our enigmatic offense can get pretty frustrating, but you can't argue with that defensive turnaround.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone FC View Post
    Looking at the standings
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/standings
    We really needed to win this match. The ole 'if the league ended today' we would have the 7th spot.
    Also, along those lines, it would be 5 clubs from the West and only 3 from the East in the playoffs.
    We are also tied with Colorado and San Jose in points but I think we hold the tie breaker with SJ. Colorado would be one goal ahead of us with their 3-1 win early in the season.
    We next face Philly who we beat 2-1 in April, but this time it's at their new SSS and they look pretty good in their new digs. By no means will this be an easy match...just ask Seattle.
    Given our "away-goal," we're dead even with Colorado.. though I'm not sure if they employ this rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Wikipedia, we are currently 5th place in the overall standings, though tied with a couple of teams in points.

The more staggering statistic, is that we haven't lost in eleven games, all competitions considered. In MLS, we haven't lost a game since week six. We've given up two goals in our last nine matches.

Our enigmatic offense can get pretty frustrating, but you can't argue with that defensive turnaround.

- Scott
    Agreed. I am genuinely optimistic this season because of TFC's defensive acumen under Preki's guidance. While I have been underwhelmed by the offensive display of the club thus far I'm confident that the sudden emergence of Ibrahim combined with the additions of Mista and Maicon Santos will provide that elusive offensive spark to the Reds moving forward...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree that Ibby has "suddenly emerged". He scored a nice goal this weekend, but hadn't done much of anything in his playing time earlier this season.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibby hasn't played any meaningful minutes this season prior to the last couple of games. I practically wrote him off earlier this season because it seemed he was destined to be a bench warmer yet again this year. At the very least, he has made the most of his opportunity the last 2 games and had a direct hand in both goals scored. Ibby has demonstrated that he can contribute to the offense either as a starter or a sub if given the opportunity...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember under Carver ibby scored a couple goals too

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    South end was in fine form today. 110 was very vocal. Great enthusiasm for a 12pm start.
    Funny those in 112 and surrounding thought we were pretty shit!

(myself included)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the prettiest game, but 3 points is 3 points. count me amongst the people who missed JDG. first half especially we could barely get out of our half for long stretches of time without the long ball.

De Ro had a good game, the first 20 minutes or so of the second half he was on fire, running at their defence, not sure why it wasn't a penalty when he was tripped. he was obviously looking for contact to try and win a penalty, but that doesn't mean he didn't get fouled.

Gargan and Frei had great games as well, and Cann did well against Casey.
    Maicon looked alright, though he would have been sent off if he'd made contact with that two footed "tackle" he attempted.

Ibbe? well he scored, and he can take a good corner, but he seemed quite ineffective aside from that. Not entirely his fault, as we seemed to be using him as a target man, he was going up for headers a lot against their defenders, which i thought was an absolutely hopeless tactic, but then that's how we scored, so that shows what i know.

White was very ineffective again, I'm not going to join the people saying he should be traded, but I'm glad we've got other options ahead of him, hopefully he can contribute occasionally as a sub.

Preki, 2 subs at half time again (was saric injured, I know he got hurt just before half time) I like that he's ready to change things so decisively, but it's really playing with fire, and could come back to hurt us one of these days, almost happened here with all the cramp towards the end.

I'm not a fan of the noon start, but aside from that no real complaints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree that Ibby has "suddenly emerged". He scored a nice goal this weekend, but hadn't done much of anything in his playing time earlier this season.

- Scott
    Last weekend? I would use that expression more with regards to him playing on the wing. As a striker he's been useless but in his two games out wide (last week and this one) looked much better. Of course it's only two games but in those two was responsible for both goals. I think that warrants another start for sure to see if he can make a run of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Last weekend? I would use that expression more with regards to him playing on the wing. As a striker he's been useless but in his two games out wide (last week and this one) looked much better. Of course it's only two games but in those two was responsible for both goals. I think that warrants another start for sure to see if he can make a run of it.
    Please keep in mind I'm not slagging Ibby, or suggesting he should be traded, or whatever. I simply don't see two decent games in a row as a "sudden emergence", after he hadn't done anything before that.

Ibby looked like he had regressed last season in the time he got, and that trend looked like it had continued this season, until very recently.

If Ibby continues to play like he has the past couple of weeks in a new role, fantastic. I want all of our guys to succeed - even Garcia. I'm just wary of making declarations like that, based on such a small body of work.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please keep in mind I'm not slagging Ibby, or suggesting he should be traded, or whatever. I simply don't see two decent games in a row as a "sudden emergence", after he hadn't done anything before that.

Ibby looked like he had regressed last season in the time he got, and that trend looked like it had continued this season, until very recently.

If Ibby continues to play like he has the past couple of weeks in a new role, fantastic. I want all of our guys to succeed - even Garcia. I'm just wary of making declarations like that, based on such a small body of work.

- Scott
    Totally agree. I think people, myself included, might overblow performances especially when we're not used to seeing it from certain players.