Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Right, it's their responsibility to mark 7 men in the box. Nobody else allowed in the box on corners. Just Cann and Attakora.
    Both guys can mark 4-guys alone... didn't ya know...???

Exactly.... SANYANG f'ed up when he fell...

shit happens...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    This is also why I'm fine he jumped in. He was defending a teammate. And to be honest, he shouldn't have gotten a red card. The only reason he lashed out, is because someone put their hand around his neck. I'd be angry too.

But red card or not, it was the right thing to do, and I'm glad he showed some passion for his teammates.

- Scott
    Watching it over - he does deserve a red as he put his hand (thats being nice) into an opponents face...

But I, like you, am glad he showed he cares for his teammates, this club, and (for lack of a better term) "gives a shit"...

Carts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Huh WTF? That goal was off a corner kick. Are Cann & Nana supposed to cover all 9 Houston players in the box off the corner kick? Sanyang screwed up his marking assignment, didn't jump & contest for the corner kick, end of story.
    I thought Alex was being sarcastic. I guess my meter needs recalibrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game is very telling. The difference between a leader on the field and an overpaid player making dumbass decisions to hurt the team.

I think most of you can figure out what I'm talking about!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    This is also why I'm fine he jumped in. He was defending a teammate. And to be honest, he shouldn't have gotten a red card. The only reason he lashed out, is because someone put their hand around his neck. I'd be angry too.

But red card or not, it was the right thing to do, and I'm glad he showed some passion for his teammates.

- Scott
    That's absolute crap. There's the right way to do it (the Dero way) and then there's the stupid way to do it (The Deguz way).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    That's absolute crap. There's the right way to do it (the Dero way) and then there's the stupid way to do it (The Deguz way).
    I have never been a fan of JDG, and I have made that very well known that I thought it was a poor signing - BUT, tonight he showed he gives a shit about his teammates...

Was it smart? No...

Was I happy to see it happen? Yes...

Why? Because it shows he cares...

Before, I thought he didn't care...

NOW, its up to him to show the DeRo composure and effort...

We all know DeRo cares - we all know DeRo would give everything for this club, city, supporters - if JDG shows that, and after tonight I think he's closer to doing so, then we'll have a much better club...

Carts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I have never been a fan of JDG, and I have made that very well known that I thought it was a poor signing - BUT, tonight he showed he gives a shit about his teammates...

Was it smart? No...

Was I happy to see it happen? Yes...

Why? Because it shows he cares...

Before, I thought he didn't care...

NOW, its up to him to show the DeRo composure and effort...

We all know DeRo cares - we all know DeRo would give everything for this club, city, supporters - if JDG shows that, and after tonight I think he's closer to doing so, then we'll have a much better club...

Carts...
    Is that what we've resorted to though? Deguzman jumps into a fight he has absolutely no business being in, jumps in as a braller, not a medeator, and we are just happy to see him show some passion? What Deguz did today doesn't even fly in hockey. It was an incredibly bonehead move. Your DP should not be sitting on the bench next game because of his hot temper. If he actually gave a fuck, he wouldn't be getting himself kicked off the field. I just don't see how anyone can defend what he did. I would doubt that Preki would ever defend what he did as well.

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinion, personally, I'm as pissed off as it gets when it comes to both JDG and Sanyang. If I'm Preki, I bench them for more then just next game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least two positives.

Gargan is slowly turning into another bargain signing goodness. And managed to get a goal to draw late in the game.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    at least two positives.

Gargan is slowly turning into another bargain signing goodness. And managed to get a goal to draw late in the game.
    Gargan is definitely becoming one of my all time favourite TFC players. He works hard, plays hard, his throw ins are as good as Serioux's and he scored a great and needed goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Is that what we've resorted to though? Deguzman jumps into a fight he has absolutely no business being in, jumps in as a braller, not a medeator, and we are just happy to see him show some passion? What Deguz did today doesn't even fly in hockey. It was an incredibly bonehead move. Your DP should not be sitting on the bench next game because of his hot temper. If he actually gave a fuck, he wouldn't be getting himself kicked off the field. I just don't see how anyone can defend what he did. I would doubt that Preki would ever defend what he did as well.

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinion, personally, I'm as pissed off as it gets when it comes to both JDG and Sanyang. If I'm Preki, I bench them for more then just next game.
    You're probably bang on when it comes to Preki's thinking... He's a hardcore coach (which I like) and we all saw him (on the broadcast) give it to Sanyang when he was sent off late....

Pach - I don't disagree with you that a leader, a DP, and big name player must be diciplned, must be "above the bullshit"... I say I'm glad to see it b/c when JDG was signed I thought he 'didn't care' and at least his emotion (even though it wasn't directed in the right way) shows he does care...

Now, as for the "hockey analogy" I gotta call a penalty... From a guy who played 5-seasons in junior puck, and coached for another 12-years in jr, anytime a big name, star player jumps in for a young kid is not only a good thing - WE LOVE IT..!!! Go get'em kid!!!

Carts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Guz better shine after he returns. I am prepared to say that he seriously sucks as a DP. He is a great defending MLS midfielder, but not for a million plus.

I am glad that he 'stepped up' as Canadians like their sports 'heros' to do. But, his absence will hurt the team next week.

Seriously, he is a wicked MLS midfielder, but not DP worthy. I am glad to have him, but not at that cost. There are a dozen or more MLS midfielders that do as well or better than him who make non-DP money.

I am sick of home draws, but mostly I am sick of watching a million dollars play like a non-DP player. He better come back hungry.

And the 'vevezu-whatever the fuck' needs to die. It does suck. I was looking from 110 at the south end when it happened and hated it. Sing a song, be human!

I have a feeling that my comments will not be welcome, whatever... this is how I feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We didn't look good.

They didn't look good.

Vagabond looks good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OV0-g3hPSU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    De Guz better shine after he returns. I am prepared to say that he seriously sucks as a DP. He is a great defending MLS midfielder, but not for a million plus.

I am glad that he 'stepped up' as Canadians like their sports 'heros' to do. But, his absence will hurt the team next week.

Seriously, he is a wicked MLS midfielder, but not DP worthy. I am glad to have him, but not at that cost. There are a dozen or more MLS midfielders that do as well or better than him who make non-DP money.
    I can't say I disagree with anything posted above...

Carts...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    I've been patient. But really I don't see his extra value. When DeGuz was sent off I thought he's fairly replaceable for the next game. Attakora would have been a much worse loss.
    Totally agree. He's decent but nowhere near the value and worthy of a DP spot.

IMO, your DP should be your best player...game in game out...period.

Who here would vote for JDG as team MVP ahead of Dero and Frie?
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Who here would vote for JDG as team MVP ahead of Dero and Frie?
    I'd vote Nana ahead as well...

Carts...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I'd vote Nana ahead as well...

Carts...

He has been a diamond in the rough, hasn't he!
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    He has been a diamond in the rough, hasn't he!
    Too bad he will be gone after this season (I believe his contract is up).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the forth game sanyang playes like shit . and why would saric and gala sit out and let peterson and sanyang start .I DONT KNOW ???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 106-12 View Post
    this is the forth game sanyang playes like shit . and why would saric and gala sit out and let peterson and sanyang start .I DONT KNOW ???
    I'd take Peterson over Gala.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sanyang definitely screwed up on the Houston goal, but why was he marking Ching??? As for the red card I still want to see it again...

JDG made some great passes tonight and really looked like a DP. I'm glad that he defended Atakora but he should be experienced enough to do it in a smarter way...

So now we're down 2 DMs for the next game - wouldn't it be nice to have the option of playing Cronin??? Hell we're still playing most of Robbo's salary, can't we call him up??

Our squad is still too thin - don't tell me, we're a striker, 2 wingers, and a defender away from being competitive.... Same old story.

Please let's hope that Nana and Cann don't get hurt or suspended or we're in real crap.

Anyways I still know that Mo has to go and Preki needs to be flexible enough to allow a bit of creativity into his work hard world...
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

\
    And the 'vevezu-whatever the fuck' needs to die. It does suck. I was looking from 110 at the south end when it happened and hated it. Sing a song, be human!
    a bloo bloo bloo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I had my first King Dave experience[...]was blowing in my mouth all game.

I loved it, it tasted like Canada!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing he's not making "a million plus" then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

peterson was brutal...mista was sitting 3 rows below me in secton 125,maybe he can help??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video of the not-a-brawl...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised no one has brought this up but the long ball approach is not working. Since we don't have anyone in the mid who can kick accurately enough and none of our forwards are that fast to begin with, why are we still trying to hoof it down field when the better approach (or at least the one that seems to be working) is to get the ball as close to the 18 as possiblre and then try to force it in with a lob or a strike on goal. At least this way the ball may get deflected by the goalie and go out of bounds for a corner, or there is a deflection and it goes into the goal, or there is a penalty or some sort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

barret is shit!!!!!!!
    the guy can never finish!...the amount of chances he gets our unbelievable but yet he cant finish sell him add get someone better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gargan's goal....sort of....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    Good thing he's not making "a million plus" then.
    I think JDG is making about $1.7 million, right?

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/june...n__by_club.pdf

Last page of the PDF file.

MUFC_Niagara

Thank god I gave my tickets away and continued to party here in Niagara today!!! July 16th is only 15 days away!!!! Can't wait!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think JDG is making about $1.7 million, right?

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/june...n__by_club.pdf

Last page of the PDF file.
    My bad...I was thinking of last year's number, which of course was halved because he joined us in the summer.