Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post-Game: TFC vs. Houston

1-1, should've lost if not for the bullshit offside against Houston.

Sanyang and JDG unavailable for the Colorado game thanks to their red cards.

Discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GARGAN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 points lost, but could've been worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A sad, awful game.

But, good to get the point, we really stole it out of their pocket.

Jair M - shit ref, let's give up on these clowns and just use WPS refs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad Sanyang decided to take a vacation at the end.

I don't care if you win 10 balls, when you lose 20 of them it's not worth having you on the field.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get why Sanyang is in such favor with Preki.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Word association time!

Gargan: buttsaver
    Garcia: douchetard
    JDG: why?!
    Sanyang: idiot
    Marrufo: crapass
    3 points: lost
    Game: disappointment
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=twistedchinaman;1079515]Word association time!

As everyone here knows, Sanyang is not only one of my fav players on the team, but he is also a very good friend of mine. I sent him a text last night and asked him wtf happened and why he got the red card.

The Houston guy started getting mouthy with him and as they went for the play he pushed Sanyang, ufortunately, the ref didn't see that, however, he did see Sanyang push him back which resulted in a red card.

I don't know if you guys are watching the same game I am. He's a great player and has proved himself in this season by proving himself very well. He is not only improving, he is helping the team go forward. I can understand exactly why Preki likes him so much. He has extreme future potential and is still young.

Disagree all you want... I watch him play. I've seen his talents and seen him help my dad coach. He knows his game and he's only 18... 19 on August 1st

He is just as good if not better then JDG. No question!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=FootieChick;1080164]
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    Word association time!

As everyone here knows, Sanyang is not only one of my fav players on the team, but he is also a very good friend of mine. I sent him a text last night and asked him wtf happened and why he got the red card.

The Houston guy started getting mouthy with him and as they went for the play he pushed Sanyang, ufortunately, the ref didn't see that, however, he did see Sanyang push him back which resulted in a red card.

I don't know if you guys are watching the same game I am. He's a great player and has proved himself in this season by proving himself very well. He is not only improving, he is helping the team go forward. I can understand exactly why Preki likes him so much. He has extreme future potential and is still young.

Disagree all you want... I watch him play. I've seen his talents and seen him help my dad coach. He knows his game and he's only 18... 19 on August 1st

Can I have whatever you're drinking please?

I won't blame Sanyang for the result yesterday, even the red card. Sure it wasn't the smartest thing but he's still young. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    But as good as JDG? No way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=FootieChick;1080164]
    Word association time!

Your judgement is clouded. He is one of the worst passers on TFC...if not the league. He is relatively solid defensively...cost us a goal mind you last night...but is a horrible ball distibutor, has little vision...lets hope he develops but he is a very imperfect player right now...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

[quote=wzhxvy;1080602]
    Quote Originally Posted by FootieChick View Post

Your judgement is clouded. He is one of the worst passers on TFC...if not the league. He is relatively solid defensively...cost us a goal mind you last night...but is a horrible ball distibutor, has little vision...lets hope he develops but he is a very imperfect player right now...
    ________

I never said he was a perfect player. I said he is improving. I would have to completely disagree with the worst passers... he connects 75% if not more of his passes. I watched the Huston game with him last night at his condo. He knows and sees where his improvements need to be, which is why him and Nane get together and watch the games. They are looking for ways to improve their game. He may only be young, but he is an intelect when it comes to knowing the game, understanding his mistakes and consistently practicing to try and improve them. He is still in his development stages, and he will only improve. I can guarantee that

BTW, I saw the 2nd yellow, he kick a guy in the face going for the ball, OOPS innocent mistake! I've seen worse! I actually found it quite funny...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was glad JDG ran in to defend Attakora, and the only reason he thrashed his arms is because someone grabbed him by the neck.

The Sanyang card was just ridiculous. I don't know what he was thinking, trying an overhead kick while surrounded by defenders, and then lashing out when Houston understandably got on his case about it.

Barrett set up some decent stuff today, but his finishing was terrible. Aside from that, I thought we bossed the majority of the game, and I think a draw is a fair result.

Apparently 7 games unbeaten is a club record. Forgive me if I'm not pulling out the party hats. We need to do better than draws every week.

Barrett needs a clinical finisher he can play with up front, and it is Mo's continuing failure that we still don't have one after four years.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saric better fucking start next week -- anything, anyone who can get Garcia out of my sight would be greatly appreciated.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly happened with JDG? I saw that he came running in to break up Nana and the Houston player but what did he do to get red carded?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What exactly happened with JDG? I saw that he came running in to break up Nana and the Houston player but what did he do to get red carded?
    The Houston guy grabbed him by the throat and he threw 2-3 punches (none connected with anything but air from their lungs).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely forgot about Saric's existence for the last month.

Garcia is still a walking disaster.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    Garcia is still a walking disaster.
    He's been a walking plague ever since he started.

Nick Garcia is, and will remain permanently, dead to me. In the same category as all my exes and the jackdouches I've had the displeasure of knowing.
    (I think?)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty hard to get me that riled up about a person -- but Nick Garcia somehow makes my blood boil every time I see his face or hear his name.

Can someone tell me ONE reason why I should forgive this guy? Ever?
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty hard to get me that riled up about a person -- but Nick Garcia somehow makes my blood boil every time I see his face or hear his name.

Can someone tell me ONE reason why I should forgive this guy? Ever?
    You need to see a shrink my friend, you've got a problem.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said in the game thread, give me 5 minutes and a budget and I will actually buy some decent players.

I have no idea what Preki is telling these guys, but this whole "hardwork and dedication" shit is nonsense. I get that you have to work hard, but we are too aggressive. Why do we commit so many fouls? You don't see Spain or Brazil or Argentina throwing themselves at others. They let their football do the talking. As a TFC fan, it looks awesome and its Kick-Ass and it's awesome if you're drunk, but as a football fan, this is bullshit. 2 red cards for aggressive play? Are you fucking kidding me? What the hell was that??? And the supporters cheer for this? I don't mean to offend any of you, but when it gets violent, I personally can't believe others encourage it. I guess we really do live in a hockey nation.

Piss poor refereeing, as usual. We are the most financially rich continent, yet we can't afford to pay for decent refs. FML.

As for the players, I would axe Nick Garcia, Fuad Ibrahim, and Amadou Sanyang right now, and pick up some decent midfielders. Patrice Bernier, Andrew Ornoch, de Jong, whatever, but there are solid players who we can actually afford when we get rid of these bunch of fools.

Miguel Mista/Martin Palermo better be signed by tomorrow or this gameday is a big fat FAIL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    Like I said in the game thread, give me 5 minutes and a budget and I will actually buy some decent players.

I have no idea what Preki is telling these guys, but this whole "hardwork and dedication" shit is nonsense. I get that you have to work hard, but we are too aggressive. Why do we commit so many fouls? You don't see Spain or Brazil or Argentina throwing themselves at others. They let their football do the talking. As a TFC fan, it looks awesome and its Kick-Ass and it's awesome if you're drunk, but as a football fan, this is bullshit. 2 red cards for aggressive play? Are you fucking kidding me? What the hell was that??? And the supporters cheer for this? I don't mean to offend any of you, but when it gets violent, I personally can't believe others encourage it. I guess we really do live in a hockey nation.

Piss poor refereeing, as usual. We are the most financially rich continent, yet we can't afford to pay for decent refs. FML.

As for the players, I would axe Nick Garcia, Fuad Ibrahim, and Amadou Sanyang right now, and pick up some decent midfielders. Patrice Bernier, Andrew Ornoch, de Jong, whatever, but there are solid players who we can actually afford when we get rid of these bunch of fools.

Miguel Mista/Martin Palermo better be signed by tomorrow or this gameday is a big fat FAIL.
    Why do compare TFC or MLS to Spain, Argentina or Brazil, are you on fucking glue!!
    Yes I get that the MLS is far too agressive.
    You have an idiotic comparison there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibbe was a total disaster in his short time here.

Can't cross for shit despite having acres of space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't Gargan score after his cross? Give the kid a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's still young, but that tagline is starting to get a little old, he should still be improving while he's here. It almost appears to be going backwards for him, maybe he's just not right in Preki's system. I also think that while Gala has improved, he's playing at max a USL level right now.

Time to bring in some of the academy kids who could probably do the job with some experience.

Not only that but they are physically mature enough to step in at this level. I really don't think there is much left for someone like Matheson or lindsay to add to their game at the CSL level. They are about ready to make a jump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He's still young, but that tagline is starting to get a little old, he should still be improving while he's here. It almost appears to be going backwards for him, maybe he's just not right in Preki's system. I also think that while Gala has improved, he's playing at max a USL level right now.

Time to bring in some of the academy kids who could probably do the job with some experience.

Not only that but they are physically mature enough to step in at this level. I really don't think there is much left for someone like Matheson or lindsay to add to their game at the CSL level. They are about ready to make a jump.
    It's tough for an Ibbe to improve if he's not a starter. With no reserve league for the past two seasons, the bench warmers don't get to play at all apart from a few minutes here and a few minutes there.

Training is fine for what it is but these kids need game experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He literally bounced off that Houston defender.

Get some poutine into that guy. He needs to put on 30 lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea ibbys played well for the 10 mins he got both crosses he put in before the goal and the goal were great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his "shit" crosses resulted in our only goal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeaaa that was ugly overall. lucky to get the draw, but really we could have won. peterson screwed up in the first half, barrett killed many good chances as per usual...lack of finishing kills us today. but the two red cards are totally unnecessary from both players. guess we see saric back in as DM next game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucked to lose De Guzman. He was playing well.