Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I personally don't get the "shirts off" thing.

I've never seen it in any other football stadium around the world (maybe I've just never watched the right games).
    I don't really care one way or another about the shirts off thing, but the guys shouldn't be persecuted. There's no rule or law against it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Security douchers such as this really need to be reported and perhaps fired... What a joke.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if this guard even likes soccer and is just there getting a paycheck. Sounds as if he was on a total power trip and decided to make an example of this guy. I don't see why taking your shirt off is seen as a problem. Security needs to be trained waaaay better than this.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care that they do it in Europe. I am not here to copy what others are doing and that fly as an "explanation" why we do it. The question is simple. Are there rules against it and who is it hurting? I don't know the answer to the first but the second is most obviosly "no one".

What I do care about is that security is targeting 112 unecessarily even though our group has proven beyond a doubt to bring a great atmosphere in the stadium without problems or issues. Why all of a sudden are they all over us?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Moved to Members only section
    Disappointed.

This discussion should be for all users of this board not just members.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen it in any other football stadium around the world (maybe I've just never watched the right games).
    Not the point at all OT.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Disappointed.

Why was it moved to the members section? This is not a members issue.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I understand why it was moved, but everyone on this board should see this thread.

I have contacted Denime about it directly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue and the reality is that security jobs do not attract the brightest of individuals with the strongest career prospects. So in turn, you need people to manage the security staff because they are just as likely to be idiots as the people in the stands, and likely more, because the people in the stands can afford to buy a ticket.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I've requested it to be moved back to the TFC forum. Denime is not a mod in here so he can't move it back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a bunch of douch bags the security are....
    I had my backpack searched by 3 different douches
    (they were all standing a few feet from each other).

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting tired of these security issues.
    Will we ever get assurance from the FO that this will be dealt with effectively?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all for a sit down yellow shirt protest
    simple
    we sit quietly, they will clue in.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think we have proven that we aren't very good at organizing large scale protests like that.
    Some simple banners demanding respect might get the message across better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i know.
    but i mean if we had even the drummers and four or five of our loud voices quiet, it would be very noticable

Gixmo

Guys...

Please, fight this the right way... airing the dirty laundry out on Twitter is not going to win us this battle..

Engaging PB on a public twitter service, directing him to read our boards to see the problem will not work, He cannot see shit. What the hell is that going to prove other then us looking like a pissed off baby on Twitter?

Do the right thing, and engage the FO in the manner that we should - Professionally... Or give PB the info that he cannot see anymore.

Side note : Who the hell cares if 'Shirts off' isn't a world wide thing. It's something new for us. Debating it's a moot point.
    Last edited by Gixmo; 06-27-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these are going on for the next game.
    just saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys - this BS has been going on since the second home game of last year. Nobody gave a rats when it was 104/105/121 etc ... and I can distinctly recall many saying if we don't make a stand, on how ridiculous it is how people are getting tossed for the most absurd reasons, just wait because they will come to the south end eventually.

I think you will find alot of support from all over because IMO it's really disgusting how they flex their 'authority'. Picking people out because they have a flag or a noisemaker. God forbid we create any kind of exciting environment.

I'm sorry to hear this story but the truth is it happens pretty much every game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Zealand supporter went shirts off when they tied Italy,

do i need to bring up the mesh shirt TIFO again.

this is realy sad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wasnt there but i wonder how long it took for the security gaurd to gather up the balls to tell a child to put his shirt on.

10 dollar an hour rent a cop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Disappointed.

yeah we have nothing to hide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    ^ I think we have proven that we aren't very good at organizing large scale protests like that.
    Some simple banners demanding respect might get the message across better.
    banners are on the list of things that are ban for bmo field

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    anyone snap a pic?
    Naw it was pretty quick.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

moved back into the public space. I understand why it was moved out, as sensitive situations usually need cooler heads (and this is often not the place for them) but as it's an issue that effects people in all of the supporters sections, let's keep this public.

my take: rules are rules, and we will stick by them, but you can't just make up new rules on the fly. That's completely unfair (and yet security does it every game)

2nd point, but a lot less serious - I'm not celebrating when there's nothing to celebrate. If this shirts-off things will continue, it should be reserved for a real big win, as doing it every game will just cheapen it.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Guys - this BS has been going on since the second home game of last year. Nobody gave a rats when it was 104/105/121 etc ... and I can distinctly recall many saying if we don't make a stand, on how ridiculous it is how people are getting tossed for the most absurd reasons, just wait because they will come to the south end eventually.

I think you will find alot of support from all over because IMO it's really disgusting how they flex their 'authority'. Picking people out because they have a flag or a noisemaker. God forbid we create any kind of exciting environment.

I'm sorry to hear this story but the truth is it happens pretty much every game.
    100% true.

A guy in 105 got kicked out a couple games ago for cheering too loud - the woman behind him complained (he was seated).

I've said it many times in the past - MLSE have used the supporters atmosphere to sell the brand, once that is established, they will turn it into the ACC. It's happening.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    moved back into the public space. I understand why it was moved out, as sensitive situations usually need cooler heads (and this is often not the place for them) but as it's an issue that effects people in all of the supporters sections, let's keep this public.

my take: rules are rules, and we will stick by them, but you can't just make up new rules on the fly. That's completely unfair (and yet security does it every game)

2nd point, but a lot less serious - I'm not celebrating when there's nothing to celebrate. If this shirts-off things will continue, it should be reserved for a real big win, as doing it every game will just cheapen it.
    so what you're saying is, we've perhaps maybe just maybe found something that could be ours to show our support and love for the team, and you want to quash it? something that isn't done commonly around the world.
    personally, i love it.
    and as far as i'm concerned, if it isn't on the TFC website for rules, it ain't a fucking rule. simple. i'll willingly fight that.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    so what you're saying is, we've perhaps maybe just maybe found something that could be ours to show our support and love for the team, and you want to quash it? something that isn't done commonly around the world.
    personally, i love it.
    and as far as i'm concerned, if it isn't on the TFC website for rules, it ain't a fucking rule. simple. i'll willingly fight that.
    this isnt just about shirts off.......
    its about the larger issue...that is what i am seriously angry about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    The issue and the reality is that security jobs do not attract the brightest of individuals with the strongest career prospects. So in turn, you need people to manage the security staff because they are just as likely to be idiots as the people in the stands, and likely more, because the people in the stands can afford to buy a ticket.
    Translation: they peaked in high school, tried to be cops, failed... and now abuse any bit of power they're given to soften the blow of an utterly pointless life.

Throw in a penchant for 'roids, stunning illiteracy and you have hired security.

Those thick bastards need firing, sharpish.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    personally, i love it.
    I said 'quash it' ??? no I didn't.

I just said that we should reserve our 'victory lap' for actual victories. Shirts off, or drums outside gate 3, or whatever comes along in the future ----> if we celebrate every game (even shit ones like yesterday) like we celebrate a blowout victory, then it takes all meaning away from the celebration itself.

and the issue isn't what we do (hence my sating it was a secondary point). The issue is security changing rules.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    this isnt just about shirts off.......
    its about the larger issue...that is what i am seriously angry about
    i'm well aware of the larger issues at hand boss. i am afterall, behind you every game seeing you lose your mind constantly over petty little things that these excuses for security attempt to enforce on us.
    flags not allowed in the stair case due to a fire hazard (no not a tripping hazard though)
    shirts not allowed to come off
    banners not allowed in
    people being thrown out that were innocent of actions that occured.
    i was just discussing with parky of just the shirts off and him not being in favour of it. that was all that was about.